• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Time to give CoM some love

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenin

Banned
Okay I'm replaying Re:CoM and I began to relize I like CoM...Alot. One thing about it I don't like to get it out the way. I am not a fan of the lack of voice acting. Now I like CoM For these reasons:

Gameplay: Okay i know it was flammed and hated when it first came out. And I won't lie....I did too. But since I've began playin again I've relized that it's the most complex and takes more skill and thinking. See in the original two were kinda like: Press X ALOT. Now in Coded you had to think about what you were going into before every battle. Then when you were in battle you had to think about what attack you were using before you did becuase all your cards didn't last so you couldn't just press X.

Story: The story was awesome. Sure some of the worlds were a bit draggy but the main story was epic. You can't even play two unless you play this game...let's not foget the...

Characters: Who can forget the characters in this game!? It's your first run in with the Org. and IMO the better members. Plus let's not forget it's the first time we meet Axel.

Well that's about it. If you got anything else tell me and I'll add it.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
Re: Time to give COded some love

Okay I'm replaying Re:Coded and I began to relize I like Coded..Alot. One thing about it I don't like to get it out the way. I am not a fan of the lack of voice acting. Now I like Coded For these reasons:

Gameplay: Okay i know it was flammed and hated when it first came out. And I won't lie....I did too. But since I've began playin again I've relized that it's the most complex and takes more skill and thinking. See in the original two were kinda like: Press X ALOT. Now in Coded you had to think about what you were going into before every battle. Then when you were in battle you had to think about what attack you were using before you did becuase all your cards didn't last so you couldn't just press X.

Story: The story was awesome. Sure some of the worlds were a bit draggy but the main story was epic. You can't even play two unless you play this game...let's not foget the...

Characters: Who can forget the characters in this game!? It's your first run in with the Org. and IMO the better members. Plus let's not forget it's the first time we meet Axel.

i really think you mean chain of memories ie COM not coded

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Re: Time to give COded some love

Okay I'm replaying Re:Coded and I began to relize I like Coded..Alot. One thing about it I don't like to get it out the way. I am not a fan of the lack of voice acting. Now I like Coded For these reasons:

Wait a minute, I'm confused. o_O Are you sure you're not talking about CoM and Re:CoM? Because we didn't get Coded outside of Japan and Re:Coded hasn't even been released yet.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Yeah dude I think you got your titles wrong. You don't fight the Organization in coded and Re:coded isn't even released in Japan yet.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
He loves it so much he can't even remember the title.

VagueSimplicity

Awards
Haha, sounds like one of those "AWW!" moments.

Anyway, you basically said everything that I love about CoM. Great storyline, better Org. members, and the gameplay is much more of a challenge in terms of strategy rather than just mashing the X button until the boss is dead.

Only a few of the many reasons, Re: CoM is second to KH1 in my heart. (CoM not so much because the rooms get real boring in 2D)

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
s1ruckysta

I love CoM to itty-bitty pieces. I found nothing wrong with the new system, it just took thinking and strategy.

Some thing that most people can't do apparently.

It was easy once you got your own "formula".

Last edited:

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
^ agreed, when you got your own style down and you can make it work, the game gets alot better (i know CRAZEE right?!)

also, you can fix your typo my man, the edit button is a blessing

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
I feel like CoM was never hated on that much in the first place.

Re:CoM seemed to be hated on more than the original, because of the crappy voice acting and all that.

VagueSimplicity

Awards
I feel like CoM was never hated on that much in the first place.

Re:CoM seemed to be hated on more than the original, because of the crappy voice acting and all that.
Ya, I would hate just on the crappy effort put into the syncing of voices to their face in Re:CoM, but I remember a lot of people in the past hating on the card battle system after CoM's release which was revitalized around Re:CoM's release (only in fewer numbers).

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
^ agreed, when you got your own style down and you can make it work, the game gets alot better (i know CRAZEE right?!)

also, you can fix your typo my man, the edit button is a blessing

Opp- I new some thing was wrong but I wasn't sure what. :X
Thanks for telling me.

Re:CoM did seem a bit more hated. The bad lip synch was more due to the editorial team being lazy. They where supposed to re-program (I'm not sure if that's the right word?) the game so that the lip motion fit the dialouge but they didn't. Instead the English dialouge was fit around the Japanese dialouge so the VAs had to work more to get the motions right and that's why some stuff sounds so different for the GBA virsion too.

Zdude2099

Chain of Memories is actually my fav game of the series story-wise.
It was cool to start a new journey that included the introduction of the new group of antagonists (Org. XIII) and we got quite an interesting setting, A castle in between the realms of light and dark that harbors many secrets...

Plus Marluxia is my fav Org. XIII member :)

RikusApprentice

If u look very closely, Im in the corner of the sc
Hmm, I've actually never played re:com yet.. I sort of want to now though! Could I finish it before bbs comes? lol
I really recomend playing Re:CoM and you should be able to finish it before BBS comes out. CoM (Sora's Story) takes about 20-30 hours to finish and Reverse/Rebirth (Rikus Story) takes about 10-15 hours to finish but is still really fun.

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
Okay I'm replaying Re:CoM and I began to relize I like CoM...Alot. One thing about it I don't like to get it out the way. I am not a fan of the lack of voice acting. Now I like CoM For these reasons:

I agree about the gameplay. When I first tried playing COM(GBA), I had the hardest time fighting and thought too myself "even if this was the first KH game I knew, I am never going to play this". After a few years, I gave it another chance and tried playing again. And now, both my files(Sora and Riku) are on level 99.
The story also had an interesting and shocking plot twist. And it also left those who played it thinking of what Organization XIII really is and who the other members are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back