• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

They Need to Fix Disney Worlds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome Psycho

In Kingdom Hearts 1, disney worlds all contributed to the overall plot of the game, as you progress through each disney world. In fact, most of the worlds didn't follow their movies' plot, instead creating a new plot, that used the characters believably, but pushed a whole new narrative. But in future games doe, disney worlds and their inhabitants have less and less to do with the narrative. In Kingdom Hearts 2, your primary objective, from the get go, is find and eliminate organization 13. I hope there isn't something like that regarding the 13 seekers of darkness, finding the key to return hearts, finding missing keyblade wielders, or some book of prophecies BS.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I wouldn't worry about the lack of Disney narrative in KH3. Not sure if you know this or not, but Disney is far more involved in the development of KH3 than the previous games. This could mean that Disney will play a prominent role once again

PsychoticAmuser

Not sure if you're calling book of prophecies BS or saying that all those KH3 plot points are BS, but I think the book of prophecies may serve as some sort of purpose for us visiting the worlds anyways.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
You do realize that Sora had a primary objective in KH1 from the get-go too, right? He was looking for Riku and Kairi the moment he got shot off to Traverse Town and it was the main (and at the time, only) reason he stuck with Goofy and Donald.

I think the bigger thing here is how the worlds' narratives were handled in KH1. Like you said, it was less copy/paste of the movie plot, and more of creating a new story that kept everyone in-character and important. I'm thinking Disney kept SE from just copy/pasting because they didn't trust the game with its intellectual property, sort of like why Mickey had such a limited (and yet so awesome) appearance at the very end.

But yeah, like Swoosh said, I wouldn't worry too much. Disney knows that this is a title everyone's been waiting for (for almost half our lives...), so they're very involved now. They've gotten movie staff to help build the worlds, and they're going out of their way to promote it, unlike how they usually disregarded new titles in the past.

Moreover, we already know for sure that the Big Hero 6 world won't be a copy/paste, since they announced at the D23 event that SDG will be visiting after the events of the movie.

Last edited:

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
But yeah, like Swoosh said, I wouldn't worry too much. Disney knows that this is a title everyone's been waiting for (for almost half our lives...), so they're very involved now. They've gotten movie staff to help build the worlds, and they're going out of their way to promote it, unlike how they usually disregarded new titles in the past.

Just a quick question but was that actually confirmed? That the Disney film writers are working closely with SE? Other then the world announcement videos, I don't remember an official confirmation or something like that unless the videos are good enough confirmation as any. I just didn't get that impression from those videos, rather that they were just promoting the game and what film was involved.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just a quick question but was that actually confirmed? That the Disney film writers are working closely with SE? Other then the world announcement videos, I don't remember an official confirmation or something like that unless the videos are good enough confirmation as any. I just didn't get that impression from those videos, rather that they were just promoting the game and what film was involved.

Those videos are confirmation. It is probably more that Disney is sharing more of their assets for the films, and the staff at Disney give tips and stuff and say "hey that's a cool idea" "Hiro would never do that" etc.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I always thought they changed the plot to avoid spoilers....

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Those videos are confirmation. It is probably more that Disney is sharing more of their assets for the films, and the staff at Disney give tips and stuff and say "hey that's a cool idea" "Hiro would never do that" etc.

Ok, thank you. Disney is a lot more involved then they have been in the past it seems. Now all we need is KH in Disneyland lol

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ok, thank you. Disney is a lot more involved then they have been in the past it seems. Now all we need is KH in Disneyland lol
Uuh, heck no. They did that a long time ago, but I don't want to even try to find the image again. It's traumatizing.

I'd much rather have them sell sea-salt ice cream bars. Or cookies that look like paopou fruit (however it's spelled).

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Uuh, heck no. They did that a long time ago, but I don't want to even try to find the image again. It's traumatizing.

I'd much rather have them sell sea-salt ice cream bars. Or cookies that look like paopou fruit (however it's spelled).

I'd agree but then again, Disney mascots look a lot better nowadays. I rather see a ride, something like the Peter Pan ride. Riding a Gummi ship through the events of KH and through space too. But that's just wishful thinking. Sea-salt ice cream bars and some KH merchandise seem more possible then something like that ever happening anytime soon.

Pandymint

Awards
I am down for the Sea-Salt Ice Cream. Though, the Gummi Ship ride sounds like a neat idea as well

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

That's back in the past, if KH3 is a far bigger global success than initially anticipated, it wouldn't be out of the question to further profit out of the franchise through a small section dedicated to Kingdom Hearts.

In all seriousness, Nomura understood that the Disney world executions were one of the fans biggest gripes, so, he's ensured that the Disney Worlds for KH3 will be as plot relevant as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back