• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

There is no confidence in Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
What I mean is everyone is so worried about the hyped game that, people are now starting to hate it. Soon enough half of these threads will be about oh I'm so worried about this game, or I hope it won't be terrible. Watch as you'll all commence into a feeling of worry and that is what will make Kingdom Hearts 3 Fail. In are attempts to lure someone into thinking that the game's heartless look terrible and more like final fantasy, and that the story will suck, and that the graphics are too realistic even though it looks so DAMN cartoony, so know what....... I'm just ranting. But I'm just tired of people worrying so dang much about how this game will turn out, can't confidence to hold us together, idk man this is just my perspective.

Thank you, sir! And can we stop b*tching about how the graphics engines are drastically better than kh2's graphics engines (i'm talking to you Saix's paper hair), and just because it looks a little like Final Fantasy XIII that it's gonna suck? Just because a game looks similar to a Final Fantasy game doesn't mean it'll blow as hard as that one, guys! I wish we could all keep that Kingdom Hearts II mindset of this is the best game ever despite the HUGE amount of flaws, instead of instantly thinking we're entitled to rant about a game that didn't even come out yet.

I'm on your side on this, I'm actually EXTREMELY excited for this after this last trailer came out! The heartless look like Final Fantasy, but that's because the kingdom hearts original characters were always kinda final fantasy style anyways, and to be frank, they look SICK! I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts III, don't let the vocal minority of fans that think it's gonna suck bring you down too much :)

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
We love the series so much that we want it to be perfect and nit pick everything.
At least that's how it is for me, it's the great Epic we've been waiting for forever and the conclusion to the greatest saga ever told so it has to be really good but so far it looks like it might deliver.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm part of the "KINGDOM HEARTS II was the best game EVAR" crew. KHII Final Mix+ made it even better. Granted, it had some serious plot flaws, but that was due to a rushed production. I'm sure that, if KH2 was never rushed, it would have been a title that wouldn't have an equal up until KH DDD, or KHIII. KH2 was such a HUGE game. You had lots of worlds, a big group of enemies that were a seriously threat to the universe, their leader was the Nobody of the previous game's antagonist, it was flashy, entertaining, everything.
But saying that KH3 will be equal or worse than KH2 is a stretch. I'm thinking KH3 will satisfy us equal or more than KH DDD.

TheOtherPromise

So far, I think KH 3 looks great. It looks like the entire game will look like one of the cg cutscenes and the worlds look like they'd be fun to explore. I can't say too much about combat since we haven't gotten to try it yet but it looks kind of like the combat in KH 2. I just hope its harder and more strategic than the combat in KH 2.
I'm not really too sure why people are so concerned about KH 3. I know they've released some bad games in the KH franchise previously but KH 3 already looks way better than them.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Well, I've always had my stance on things when it comes to some fans and the series. I feel like some fans are far FAR too harsh on certain aspects of the series, particularly the things involving KH2 and 358/2. That being said, and while I disagree with some fans about what truly bad and truly good, it's all a matter of opinion in the end. And even then, we're all here for the same reason: because we love the series. People want it to improve in every way possibly going forward and obviously not everyone is going to be happy. That's just realistic.

For instance, I can't agree with people on the whole "the graphics on the recent e3 trailer don't look good". That truly blows my mind. The graphics in that trailer are the best Kingdom hearts graphics I've seen in this series so far and they aren't even in the final stage. That's very exciting and I was extremely impressed. But to some, they could tell that weren't done and, because however they view graphical power whether technical and art wise, it didn't look that good to them. I can't understand that opinion at all but that's their opinion and its only because they want the best out of this series.

So, whatever. Some people are being negative and are worried. That's realistic and this day and age of gaming (Unity, recent Arkham game on PC) I can't exactly blame them. But for me, the KH series has been solid so far with every entry expect for the case of re:coded, so I'm not worried at all. It'll be the game I've been waiting for.

jahob000

Lol, I already like you.

What annoys me more than KH hate, is KH2 hate, pretexting flaws I do not see (not liking it is one thing, looking for "flaws" everywhere is another).

As for KH3, seeing some people already complaining before the game is even out (same thing with the FF7 remake) baffles me ...

Finding and pointing out flaws doesn't mean you hate things. That's just a natural thing we do. In fact, this is how Nomura perfects his games, he finds things HE considers flaws and improves them. Without seeing flaws, there is no improvement. However I do see that there should be a clear line drawn between a "flaw" and a "dislike" but even those can be pretty much opinionated. As for me, whether it's something that I see as a flaw or a dislike, I will still love and replay the game.

To prove this, I'm probably one of the rare few that thoroughly enjoyed re:coded or loved CoM gameplay. The other thing I like about Kingdom Hearts is that the team is always very bold to try something new. I'd rather see someone try something new than to see the same thing over and over again. I'm able to accept the new things that have to offer because at the end of the day, if they enjoyed creating it, then it's worth my time.

Like I said, people expressing the negatives of the trailer doesn't really mean anything. We all know we will ALL play it. Who here can sit here and say "I'm not gonn aplay KH3 after waiting 10 YEARS". Lol No one I guarantee it.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Finding and pointing out flaws doesn't mean you hate things. That's just a natural thing we do. In fact, this is how Nomura perfects his games, he finds things HE considers flaws and improves them. Without seeing flaws, there is no improvement. However I do see that there should be a clear line drawn between a "flaw" and a "dislike" but even those can be pretty much opinionated. As for me, whether it's something that I see as a flaw or a dislike, I will still love and replay the game.

To prove this, I'm probably one of the rare few that thoroughly enjoyed re:coded or loved CoM gameplay. The other thing I like about Kingdom Hearts is that the team is always very bold to try something new. I'd rather see someone try something new than to see the same thing over and over again. I'm able to accept the new things that have to offer because at the end of the day, if they enjoyed creating it, then it's worth my time.

Like I said, people expressing the negatives of the trailer doesn't really mean anything. We all know we will ALL play it. Who here can sit here and say "I'm not gonn aplay KH3 after waiting 10 YEARS". Lol No one I guarantee it.

Yeah, I'm on the side of you with liking the gameplay of CoM and Coded (although I still dislike coded's story). After hearing it was a traditional command menu, I was afraid at first; I love the command deck, and after playing through all of Birth by Sleep recently, I couldn't imagine a combat system as good. However, very recently I was playing KHI, and after beating Riku-Ansem, I found out that the system with the command menu actually gives you a pretty good balance of difficulty and tactical strategy. For example, some people complain that there was never enough shortcuts for either of the command menu games; well, that would make the game easier, wouldn't it? I like a game that is difficult, which is why I admire KH and KHII final mix; they make those games challenging enough for the player, and if I am challenged by the heartless and nobodies I face, then I will feel more satisfied with clearing each trial. The point I am trying to make here is that KHIII looks like the journey is actually going to be more difficult this time around; with the command menu system back, as well as the expulsion of all reaction commands, this game looks like it's going to challenge us in ways that some games never could. And, unlike other people, hearing that there will be choices for battle excites me! I don't want to be button mashing for my life in Tangled, I want to be shooting things with my keyblade and summoning Peter Pan's Ship to rip sh*t up and casting magic and summoning beasts to help me tear those heartless to pieces! All of that stuff is like super exciting to me, how could someone not want to use all of these new abilities? (but to be safe, i'm putting it on proud mode the first day)

As for pointing out flaws, we can't imagine that we're in some dream world where if there's something negative about the game that we have to hate it. I don't care if the story is sort of convoluted in KH3D, it was fun to trace the story through each character and find out what they are plotting! Sure, everything is going to have flaws, but in the end, we just need to accept these flaws and still hope for the very best, since we all love the series dearly (beloved) :D

Anagram

Banned
Yes to Coded love. It was the last time the deck command was a semblance of fun to me.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
You guys, just like the gaming industry as a whole, need to accept the idea that no single game is going to please an entire audience. That, and the fact that while one person may love a game, another might not. I'm astounded by the number of people who dislike KH2, and yet that's my favorite video game of all time.

A lot of people hate Coded. I love Coded. A lot of people think Birth By Sleep is the best entry in the series, whereas I think it rivals the original KH, but still falls a bit short of both 1 and 2.

Some are going to love KH3, some are going to hate it. Some will think it's the best in the series, others may think it's the worst.

You can't speak for the entire fanbase. Everyone's opinion is different, and that applies to every gaming franchise out there. Kingdom Hearts III is going to appeal to whoever it appeals to and disappoint whoever it disappoints and there's nothing anyone can do about it. If game makers tried to cater to every single person, the game would never be made. Some of us are going to be let down and that's inevitable because we all want different things. We just have to let Square do their thing and hope for the best.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
You guys, just like the gaming industry as a whole, need to accept the idea that no single game is going to please an entire audience. That, and the fact that while one person may love a game, another might not. I'm astounded by the number of people who dislike KH2, and yet that's my favorite video game of all time.

A lot of people hate Coded. I love Coded. A lot of people think Birth By Sleep is the best entry in the series, whereas I think it rivals the original KH, but still falls a bit short of both 1 and 2.

Some are going to love KH3, some are going to hate it. Some will think it's the best in the series, others may think it's the worst.

You can't speak for the entire fanbase. Everyone's opinion is different, and that applies to every gaming franchise out there. Kingdom Hearts III is going to appeal to whoever it appeals to and disappoint whoever it disappoints and there's nothing anyone can do about it. If game makers tried to cater to every single person, the game would never be made. Some of us are going to be let down and that's inevitable because we all want different things. We just have to let Square do their thing and hope for the best.

I think you pretty much said it best. Not every game will please everyone for different reason and although Kingdom Hearts 3 is a game we've all been waiting for years, it definitely will not please everyone. Even if the creators work their damnest to make everything perfect. The recent trailer depicts that fully.

Larxene012

Banned
I'm part of the "KINGDOM HEARTS II was the best game EVAR" crew. KHII Final Mix+ made it even better. Granted, it had some serious plot flaws, but that was due to a rushed production. I'm sure that, if KH2 was never rushed, it would have been a title that wouldn't have an equal up until KH DDD, or KHIII. KH2 was such a HUGE game. You had lots of worlds, a big group of enemies that were a seriously threat to the universe, their leader was the Nobody of the previous game's antagonist, it was flashy, entertaining, everything.
But saying that KH3 will be equal or worse than KH2 is a stretch. I'm thinking KH3 will satisfy us equal or more than KH DDD.

You're only thinking abut it gameplay wise.

ANd i'm pretty sure everyone and i mean EVERYONE here can't deny they will enjoy the gameplay aspects. But just like Zelda debates of which game will favor more, gameplay or story, the same has been going on for KH series.

Saying KH3 can be equal to or worst than KH2 is NOT a stretch. Especially when we had unnecessary games stretch the story further For example: coded made it even more difficult to follow Malificent and Pete. KH3D also made it even more difficult to unravel the mystery as at this pint there is no mystery, the only mystery is left is the unnecessary questions the sereis has provided that will never get answered.

We all know Gameplay-wise the game is going to do just fine. Story-wise? KH2 would've been great if they planned ahead with story, and didn't pusht he anime archetypes which has not gone away since kh3d, i can't hope for Sora to act like his kh1 self where he was smart, talked back, and didn't rely on cheesy lines.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm presuming that KH3!Sora will be a more mature character, seeing as how this is the game that will feature him as Master Sora. I'm assuming he'll have an epiphany that he must change his character because of the huge responsibility the title of Keyblade Master carries. He might still be cheesy, but he'll be more serious about it, something like KH!Sora and KH2!Sora.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm presuming that KH3!Sora will be a more mature character, seeing as how this is the game that will feature him as Master Sora. I'm assuming he'll have an epiphany that he must change his character because of the huge responsibility the title of Keyblade Master carries. He might still be cheesy, but he'll be more serious about it, something like KH!Sora and KH2!Sora.

He isnt a master though. He didnt pass the exam while Riku did.

Larxene012

Banned

Kh2 sora is the problem. Kh1 and chain of memories sora was great. He was a real boy, and he was really growing up in khCOM. KH2 sora made him react stupidly to a lot of things, in kh3d he fawned over Riku just as much as kh2.

i do not want KH2/kh3D sora. But that's most likely what we're going to get. Look in the kh trailer, he was giving that justin bieber "I dont know what's going on" face.

EDIT:
And its not that i'm asking for more "maturity". in kh1 and chain of memories, Sora was still just a kid, and he acted liek such, but a "reasonable" kid. i would like them to just drop the over-all cheesiness. and you can't deny, that the series has made some serious sins. Sins that developers have refused to acknowledge. So why should anyone have high hopes for kh3 story-wise?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Swoosh; since one interview mentioned "he became a master in DDD"; what's been going around the irc channel is he didn't DURING DDD(aka, that was a mistranslation or something), but in between DDD and KH3, or the beginning of KH3, he becomes a master. But thing is, what I think if that's going to happen is there's your level reset excuse since I don't think he'll get the full powers of a master right away. He kinda has to..bloom into them. ^^It's like Aqua wasn't bad-ass at the beginning, she had to get stronger first.

Since Sora is supposed to be a ordinary boy that becomes something extraordinary, that might actually work. And..that doesn't mean he gets keyblade armor and all the fancy stuff, lol. Just the title, since I assume he'll be more like Mickey, Master wise. Also if that's going to happen, we don't know WHEN he'll actually pass a new MoM exam or if Yen Sid's going to give him the title in a certain part of the story. We don't know yet.

Larxene012

Banned
Since Sora is supposed to be a ordinary boy that becomes something extraordinary, that might actually work. And..that doesn't mean he gets keyblade armor and all the fancy stuff, lol. Just the title.

What would make it better is if Sora was never a keyblade master even by title,but he had something special that only comes from being a humble ordinary person such as himself.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Kh2 sora is the problem. Kh1 and chain of memories sora was great. He was a real boy, and he was really growing up in khCOM. KH2 sora made him react stupidly to a lot of things [...].

Well, that's your opinion. I noticed, that you often count things like that as a fact.

So why should anyone have high hopes for kh3 story-wise?

Umm, maybe because it is the end of the Xehanort-Saga? Please stop being so negative...

Larxene012

Banned
Well, that's your opinion. I noticed, that you often count things like that as a fact.

I noticed, you haven't really said anything to go against what i've said. Sora is a completely different character in KH1/COM compared to kh2 and onwards. Regardless of opinion of which is better, you can easily see it. i dont have to call it a fact or an opinion to show that is clear. For example: Kh re:coded had data-sora. But even Data-sora wasn't the exact same personality as the original Sora. It was weird seeing a Sora that just kept going through the motions and not fully understanding the situation.

Umm, maybe because it is the end of the Xehanort-Saga? Please stop being so negative...
But what is that suppose to mean? All it means is that Xehanort is no longer the antagonist, that doesn't mean we'll be getting good writing, or proper(or any) character development.

EDIT: All i'm saying is people have good reason, if you liked KH2's story, i'm pretty sure you're not going to be bothered by kh3's story.

but some of us who expected something closer to kh1 and KHCOM's story, i'm sure you would understand. Although i admit, most of KHCOM's story was rehashed with kh1's due to worlds. The main story was still original, and still came up with unique ways to trip the player up and not going overboard.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If Sora isn't a Master by the beginning of KINGDOM HEARS III, then he'll turn into one as we played through it, seeing as how his clothe change. His new design gives me a sort of "master" vibe, since they kinda resemble the attire Eraqus had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back