• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Raven

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haku

<3
Lol kinda probably since I've read all of your fan fics since way back in the "A New Journey" days lol.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Awww yeah, another great chapter well done! I so cannot wait for what happens next! It's very good and I love your description and how Megan just helps out the civilians like all the Superheroes and such! Good job. I loved this chapter and woot, a date with Matt! I'm so loving this! I did like the thing about acting like a 9 year old, that made me laugh. It was worth the wait!

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Wow, AIF. In all honesty, I think this is the most thought out fanfic I've read in a very, very long time. It's so well written, organized, and interesting.

Haku

<3
there def. might be a few twists and surprises along the way. new enemies, and I have ideas for the main villan in the story ^^ that should be coming up soon, probably within the next 2 chapters.

Lol well what a way to keep us in suspense longer xD but I can wait it out.

I know it's been a while everyone, but I finally finished the next chapter. took me most of the night, and I'm pretty happy with it. I hope you all are as well ^^

Chapter 4: A Close Call

“Bro, I’m telling you! She’s like nothing anyone’s ever seen before!” Matt shouted. “This girl flies, has some sort of black magic shoot from her fingers, and she’s incredibly fast!”

He was surrounded by a crowd of students, ten at the least. They all listened closely as Matt excitedly told them how some strange girl saved him from being beaten up by a thug.

Megan was looking into the crowd as she opened her locker door. She didn’t want it to look like she was eavesdropping, so she turned her head away from the crowd, but continued to listen.

“So, what’s the chick’s name?” a boy next to Matt asked. Megan recognized the voice from her Sociology class: Troy Benett, football captain and total jock.

“Raven,” Matt said. “It suits her. She’s dark, mysterious, and pretty intelligent. Or, at least she seemed that way.”

“Tell us more about the fight!” another boy asked, this time Megan didn’t recognize him. “I wanna hear more about how Matt’s ass was saved by some girl!”

The crowd gave a quick laugh, and even Matt laughed.

“Well, the guy had to have been twice my size, although I am a twig,” Matt said. “And she wiped him clean off his feet with that black magic, as if he weighed nothing! She had him pinned down and unconscious in three minutes flat, I’d say. She lifted the guy up and flew away with him, probably to the police. I’m telling you, look out for this girl; she’s just incredible!”

“So, I guess the city finally has a protector,” a girl said. “No more of that fictional ‘The real Spider-man has been seen around Times Square’ bull we see in tabloids.”

“It’s the real deal,” Matt said, nodding his head.

Megan smirked and laughed quietly, amazed at the feedback she was getting for her small battle the night before.

The bell rang, and the sounds of shuffling feet, lockers slamming, and people saying good-bye rang through Megan’s ears. She closed her door, and just as she was turning to head to her class, Matt was standing right behind her. She jumped, and fell backwards, and Matt reached and grabbed her wrist, helping her gain back her balance.

“You alright there?” he laughed.

“Yeah, sorry,” Megan laughed. “Kinda scared me there.”

“Sorry about that. And, I’m really sorry about last night. I really didn’t want to cancel, but you know, I wasn’t feeling too well.”

Megan looked at his face and saw a scratch on his lip and his cheek, and a bruise under his eye. His arms had bruises all over them as well, and she didn’t want to think where else he could have been hurt. Her heart sank, thinking that if she moved quicker, he wouldn’t have been that hurt.

“You don’t need to apologize, I understand,” she said. “I’m just happy you’re okay.”

“So, what do you say about a re-do? You busy tonight?” Matt asked.

“Nope. Absolutely nothing’s going on,” Megan said. Her conscious talked back to her, and her stomach turned a little. Better hope for a quiet night, Megan. There’s no way you’re missing another date because of some idiotic criminal.

“Awesome, I’ll pick you up around eight,” he said. “And I promise I won’t get beaten up again,” he laughed.

“Mr. Kensington, Miss Adams?” a voice called.

They looked at the doorway where their teacher stood, arms folded.

“Would you like to join the rest of us, today?” he said sternly.

Megan laughed and looked at Matt. Staring in his beautiful, crystal-blue eyes, she felt herself blush. He looked back at her, smirking, and took her arm and went into the classroom.

~*~

It was around 11:00 when they got back from their date. They were walking down Megan’s poorly lit block, wet with the occasional rain showers throughout the night. Megan, who was wearing Matt’s sweatshirt, linked arms with him and walked slowly down the block together.

“Really, though, how was it? On a scale of one to ten, how good was the restaurant?” Matt asked.

“Well, I’ll be honest with you, that’s the first time I’ve ever been to a Japanese restaurant. I liked it a lot. As for the scale…hmm…is eight good?” Megan joked.

“That’s pretty good for a first date,” Matt laughed. “I’m happy you liked it. It’s one of my favorite places to go out to eat, so I thought I’d share it with you.”

“Yeah, it was great.”

They were outside Megan’s apartment now, a light rain started to come down on them. Megan put Matt’s hood over her hair and fixed her hair underneath. Matt stood there and watched, his eyes kind and soft as he looked at her.

“Well, this is where I leave you,” Matt said finally.

“I guess so,” Megan said. There was an awkward moment of silence, then Megan decided to break it. “I had fun tonight.”

“I did too,” Matt said, and he stroked a strand of Megan’s hair back behind her ear under her hood. He bent down a little, leaning in to kiss her on the cheek goodnight…

Her heart started to flutter, and she felt a little light-headed. But then, a loud bang startled them both, causing them to pull apart.

“Wow, that surprised me,” Matt laughed.

Megan’s heart started to rapidly beat; she knew something was happening that she had to check out.

“Uhm, I have to go inside,” she said quickly. “Thanks a lot for tonight.”

“Is everything okay? You seem tense,” Matt said.

“I forgot to take care of something, and it’s kinda important,” Megan said. “I’m really sorry.”

“It’s cool,” Matt said. “I’ll see you tomorrow in class.” He smiled and patted her shoulder and walked away from the apartment doorway.

Megan, heartbroken and ashamed of the quick turndown, quickly ran into the building and raced up the stairs, burst into her room, and changed in haste into her outfit. She opened the window, the wind blowing heavier rain drops on her face. She flew out into the direction of the noise, not realizing that she flew a good forty feet above Matt’s head.

Below, Matt was looking up at the sky, ignoring the rain that was pelting on his face. He then realized that Megan still had his sweatshirt, but he didn’t care. He was so upset with himself for not taking the next step with her; she was always on his mind and in his dreams.

That’s when he saw a black figure fly above him as fast as a bullet. He stopped in his tracks, and his eyes widened; it was Raven.

He quickened his pace, eventually breaking into a run. Although it was dark outside, the Raven was darker than the night sky, and she wasn’t too difficult to follow.

This will be awesome! I’ll get to witness another fight with her, he thought in his excitement.

The Raven was now darting to the right, and she gracefully landed on top of a low rooftop, looking down at a street corner where two men were fighting each other. At another glance, she realized that one man, who was large and muscular, was fighting the other man. Shouts of “please!” and “stop!” echoed throughout the block, but no one seemed to notice. Everyone was inside with their windows closed and TVs blasting.

She crouched down, then leaped down and landed softly on the ground, and stood still for a moment. The large man, with his fist in the air, turned and saw the girl standing in the middle of the street. He threw the man he was attacking against the wall, and stood straight up, showing that he was a good two feet taller than Raven.

“What the hell are you looking at?” he barked.

She didn’t reply, but took slow steps towards him, her eyes set and concentrated on the man.

“You deaf? What are you looking at?” he yelled.

Raven raised her hand and a blast of dark energy flew from her hand, and knocked the man back on his feet. He hit the ground hard enough that she felt the vibrations through her feet. The man got up again, struggling a little to keep his balance, but then he charged straight at her with his fist in the air. Just as he swung, Raven shot up in the air and avoided the attack, counterattacking with another blast of energy that knocked the man back onto the ground face first. She landed on the ground again and stood still, not saying anything at all.

“That’s enough, Rex,” a voice came from behind Raven called.

The voice startled her, yet she didn’t move. At first, she thought it was the man this “Rex” was attacking, but why would he call his attacker off?

She slowly turned to see a tall, skinny man walk slowly from the alleyway, his hair short and spikey and a bright shade of blonde. His eyes were narrow, and his nose and cheekbones were sharp. Around his arms, there were two rubber braces that went up to his elbows.

“You should learn to mind your own business,” the man said.

“This is my business now,” Raven retorted. “Who you harm, I protect.”

“You’re a spunky kid, aren’t you, Raven?” the man asked.

“How did you know who I was?”

“Your encounters with other criminals and your ‘brave’ efforts are the latest news,” the man answered. “Of all the people in the biggest city of the world, you don’t even know that you’re the talk of the town,” he laughed.

She ignored the comment, watching as the man started to pace around her. From the corner of her eye, she saw someone running towards them. She turned and saw Matt, his face flushed from exhaustion.

Her jaw dropped. “What are you doing here?!”

Matt stopped and realized what was happening. He looked around, then back to Raven. “I just wanted to see—’’

“Get out of here!” she hissed.

The large man came from behind Matt and grabbed him and put his hands behind his back, trapping Matt. Raven started to run towards Matt, but the mysterious man jumped in front of her before she could get any closer.

“If you want him to live,” he said, aiming his arm at Matt, “you must promise to give up your days of fighting off my men. The police is enough for us to worry about; we don’t need some immature little girl flying around thinking she can bring us all down.”

The Raven stood in shock. She couldn’t stop helping people, but she couldn’t lose Matt. She was stuck.

An idea struck her head. If she attacked this creep first, then Rex, she could make off with Matt. He could get hurt, but he won’t be killed…it’s a risk she had to take.

She gathered all her energy and threw her arms out as far as they could reach, and the energy blasted at the man, knocking him down. Rex threw Matt on the ground and charged at Raven, who dodged his attack and knocked him down with yet another blast of energy.

She ran to Matt to help him up from the ground and escape when she heard something like an electric charge come from behind her. Before she knew it, a large wave of electricity was shocking her body.

A piercing scream hurt her ears, and it took her a second to realize it was hers. On top of the shock, it was raining outside, making the pain more excruciating than ever. Her vision blurred, and she felt her body fall to the cold ground.

Matt watched in horror, and struggled to get up off the ground. The two men fled the scene, leaving the Raven lying on the ground. Matt ran to her and bent down next to her, hoping she was still alive. He put his hand on her throat, searching underneath the long hood for a pulse. He found it, and it was still strong. Thankfully, she was just out cold.
He picked her up and held her as the ran began to pelt down on them. Looking around, he searched for any sign of help, but there was none. His apartment wasn’t too far away, so he began to run as fast as he could in that direction.

Matt thought along the way where he could keep Raven until she was well enough to leave. His parents were out of town, both on business, and his sister was at a friend’s house for the night. The house was thankfully to himself.

He turned the corner onto his block, and ran into the house, knocking open the door with his foot. It still kept on the hinges, to his relief, but it slammed into the wall hard. He walked into the sitting room and gently put Raven on the couch. He turned a few lights on and sat down in the chair next to her.

He couldn’t believe it: Raven was sitting in his house, unconscious. Thoughts ran through his head; how his friends would probably think he was playing a joke on them, and most of all, who this mysterious girl was. He was tempted to look under the hood, but he knew that wasn’t a good idea.

All he could do now was sit and wait for her to wake up.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Oh my gosh, that's like an awesome chapter!
Aw Matt is like such a sweet guy!!!!<333
OMG this chapter is soooooo good!
Ooh I wonder what his reaction will be if he ever find out it's Meagan!?! O.O
I can't wait for the next chapter!
Stupid idiots, those guys in the alleyway were. >:

YAY THANKS FOR THE UPDATE ON THE CHAPTER!!

Haku

<3
Very nice moments of suspense in this update Angel, I can tell the next updates are going to be extremely good.

C

Colours

I think I'm about to cry. I thought it was good.
Dun Dun Duuuuun~~.

thanks for such great feedback everyone ^^ makes me happy you all like it so far

I have a few things in mind, but I'm trying to put them in their proper place so everything makes sense.. might take me a little while for the update but I shall get it done

C

Colours

I second part of the story really surpised me at the ending.
*gives cookie*

hey guys. I just finished typing up the next chapter. I'm pretty happy with it, although there isn't any action in it, and it is pretty short. I purposely made it short because its just a filler chapter for now. soon enough more things will hapen. you'd be surprised with how clever Megan actually is lol. I hope you all enjoy it !!

Chapter 5: Keeping The Secret

All at once the pain hit her.

A wave of static electricity shot through her veins, and her body felt numb. Her head was pounding, and the beats of her heart felt light and weak.

Megan was too weak to open her eyes; she felt paralyzed. She started to remember what happened slowly: the two strange men, being electrocuted while drenched from the rain, and saving Matt again.

Oh, God! Matt!

Her breathing paced more, and she felt someone sit next to her. She forced her eyes open, and as her vision cleared up, Matt was sitting on a couch where she was lying.

“Hey, how are you feeling?”

It took her a moment to gather an answer, after all she had a huge amount of voltage go through her system.

“I feel lightheaded,” she said softly.

“You got shocked pretty badly. Try not to move for a while, just rest. I’ll take care of you.”

She tried to suppress her blushing before he could notice, but then she remembered her hood was down, so it wouldn’t matter.

A cold chill ran down her spine. What it…what if while she was unconscious, Matt looked under her hood and saw the real her?

Her identity could’ve been exposed, her secret revealed, and Matt would’ve put his own life in danger.

“You don’t know who I am, do you, Matt?” she asked.

“I swear I didn’t look to see,” Matt said, “but, how do you know my name?”

Shit!

“Uh…I…”

Matt continued to stare at her in disbelief. “Do I know you?”

Good going, Meg! How the hell are you gonna get out of this?

“No, uh…you don’t know me. You just…look like a Matt,” Megan stuttered.

If she could slap herself right then and there, she would’ve. How stupid was she?

Matt eyed her for a moment, raising an eyebrow and carefully studying the hooded girl on his couch.

“You seem familiar to me,” he said, and he started to lean towards her. Megan scooted on the couch as he drew nearer, her heart racing.

“Can I…use your bathroom for a second?” she spat out.

Matt backed off, still looking at the girl he only knew as Raven with suspicion. “Yeah, it’s up the stairs to the left. Are you okay to move?”

Megan sat up and began to stand up. The feeling of paralysis was fading away, but her whole body still felt like gelatin.

“I think I’ll be okay,” she assured him.

She took her time to get up the stairs, being careful not to fall back down them. When she reached the bathroom, she switched the light on and closed the door behind her. She uncovered her head, and looked at herself in the mirror’s reflection. A minor cut on her cheek, and a black eye seemed to be forming. Make-up should cover that up when she isn’t hiding her identity…

Megan turned the faucet on and cupped her hands to splash water on her face. As she wiped off her face with a towel, she heard footsteps coming up the stairs. The handle on the door started to turn.

Panicking, Megan looked towards the window…

The door opened.

Matt walked in with his mouth open, ready to say something to Raven. But he stopped when he saw that no one was in the bathroom. A cool breeze blew in from the open window, and the curtains were blowing in.

~*~

Megan was flying back home as fast as she could. On top of being new to flying and not having that skill mastered yet, her body felt like gelatin.

After jumping from Matt’s window, Megan realized that she had no idea what time it was; she could’ve been out for hours. The cool wind blew against her face, and her nose felt as if it froze completely. Her apartment building was around the corner, and she couldn’t wait to fall asleep.

Her window was open only a little bit, so she opened it even more and climbed inside. She took a quick look in the small living room, where to no surprise her mother was out cold in the dark room with the TV’s bright colors filling the room. An empty wine glass was on the coffee table, along with some cigarettes and a half-eaten sandwich.

Megan went back into her room and stripped off her cloak and garments and slipped into her pajamas. She checked her body in the mirror and saw the damage she took from the two attackers: a big bruise on her left bicep and her hip. The cut on her cheek looked the same since she left Matt’s, but the black eye started to get a little deeper in color.

As she crawled into bed, she looked at her alarm clock and saw that it was 1:00 AM. A gut-wrenching feeling told her that tomorrow was going to be a long, tiresome day.

~*~

Megan woke with a huge headache that morning.

The sounds around her seemed to be on the highest volume possible, and bright lights made the pain double.

At school, lockers slamming around her made her jump. She held her head in her hands as she walked around, trying to keep awake.

Matt was walking with a few friends when he spotted Megan with her head in her locker. He broke away from them and walked towards her, and tapped her on the shoulder.

“Hey, Megan. I’m glad you had fun—what the hell happened?”

Matt looked at her cut cheek, lightly touching it with the tips of his fingers. When Megan slowly turned, he could see a hint of a black eye under a massive amount of cover-up.

“Who did this to you?” he demanded.

“Matt, it’s okay, I’m fine,” Megan said softly.

“Megan, who hurt you?” he repeated.

Meg, you gotta lie. You may hate lying to someone like Matt, but you gotta do it.

“I got jumped last night. Just some guy.” She lowered her eyes.

“How? I dropped you off at your house…you went inside!”

Another lie…keep your secret…

“I went to go grab something quick from the store,” she said. “I didn’t have the chance to go food shopping yet.”

Matt took her face in his hands. “I’m so sorry—’’

“Matt, don’t you blame this on yourself. You weren’t there.”

“But I feel that it was my fault because I wasn’t there. Megan, I’ve been thinking about you a lot. And I want to be able to be there for you. I can’t stand seeing you hurt like this.”

“Matt, what are you saying?” she asked.

Matt hesitated for a moment, looking down at his feet. When he looked up, he smirked.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

Megan couldn’t tell if the reason she suddenly felt lightheaded was because of her headache, or if her heart suddenly stopped. Those words took her completely by surprise, and she suddenly forgot that she had to respond.

“Megan? Will you?”

Answer, you coward!

“Yes,” she said. “I’d like that a lot.”

Something hit her; a thought that she probably should have considered. As much as she wanted to be with Matt, dating him would put him into more danger than he is already. She would have to keep lying to him, keep ditching him whenever someone needs her help. Would this all work out? Keeping this secret’s going to be harder now…

Matt smiled, her favorite smile of his. That made everything she just thought of dissolve into thin air. She saw Matt, and that’s what she wanted.

So, she’ll just have to be a little more secretive from now on. Hopefully, nothing drastic will happen anymore.

Nothing drastic to Matt.

Silent Avera

Night Pirate Graphic Lemonade Maker
Squee! Update!!............You're going to do something horrible to Matt aren't you....? T.T.....That last sentence scares the romantic in me that a tragedy is on the horizon, and will pinprick it's way up our viens until it stabs the heart in a relentless smooth stike through the foundation of hope that this couple will be alright somehow T.T

*writing papers for 6 hours straight has sent me on "over-dramatic" tone >>;*

And now I hope for the best....although tragedy can be awesome >:D

BTW....have you updated Where It All Begans lately, or did I miss that....? >_<......Darn you school work! I'm missing my shows and stories! >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back