• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Ragnarok Knights

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I'll probably revise this a tad later, but this is a new fanfic of mine, called "The Ragnarok Knights". I know the chapter is a tad short, next one will be longer.

Prologue

It was a vast world, divided into many countries. There was a war to be fought between 2 of them. The country of Laeria, and the country of Dolia. They each lie adjacent to one another, and they vie for each others powers. What was unique about each of the countries though, was that they each worship a different god. Laeria worshipped Ragnarok, and Dolia worshipped Kitikus. These gods had almighty powers, and were the rulers of the world, but they never got along, and could never work anything out. They soon had a very large battle, that which lasted for centuries. The battle between the gods have caused the land though to rot, and whither away. But alas, the battle has now ended. Ragnarok killed Kitikus, and so the country of Laeria prospers,, but Dolia still fights. Inside the country of Dolia, people have been wanting, and working hard to bring back Kitikus, for another chance to fight. But Kitikus’ soul was sealed away into the body of a baby boy, and so the mother practically has given birth to the new god, yet his powers have been sealed away.

Our story begins 17 years after the child’s birth…

Chapter 1: The Idea Of The Knight

It was a great day outside, everyone in the town was out of their houses, and on the streets. It was in a town called Ichitan. It was a small, quiet town, with a limited number in the population. It was a town within the country of Laeria. In this town, there were three teenagers who were hungry for adventure, and they set out to go exploring.

There was Kite, a boy of 17 years, junior in high school and an exceptional swordsmen, he wore a green vest-like shirt and long pants. And there was Aster, a boy of 16, also a junior and a wondrous mage, he wore a mage’s cloak, and a hat. And lastly there was Yurik, also 17, in the same class, and uses his bare hands to fight, he usually wore a red kenpo Gi (Karate uniform consisting of a top part, and long pants.) The three of them went to the mountains to go exploring. But, before they went on their adventure, they went to Yurik’s house to get supplies.

“Yurik,” said Kite, “So where are your apple gels? We need them to heal ourselves.” He was looking around, but couldn’t find the gels anywhere, he looked in cupboards, under desks, everywhere.

“They’re in here!” Yurik said as he took down a picture to find a hole in the wall. “This is my secret stash.” He pulls out a bag of apple gels, orange gels, life bottles, and panacea bottles. They’re all supplies that the kids use to heal after they get hurt badly, or are inflicted with an illness. After grabbing his bag, he put the picture back up on the wall. They all walked out of the house. After leaving, they went into the mountains.

Upon entering a cave high in the mountains, they spot a bat, it was a normal sized bat, nothing special about it. Kite pulled out his sword, ready to fight, and Yurik got into his fighting stance. Kite dashed at the bat with his blade, but the bat was ready to move and got out of the way. Then Yurik took two quick jabs at the bat, but the bat kept backing up.

“Fire!!” yelled Aster, as he lifted his rod he used for battle into the air. Flames came out, but missed the bat.

“Dang… This thing is fast!” said Yurik as he stood back up from a knelt down pose. He was panting very hard, out of breath. He asked Kite, “Want to try a combo?”

Kite answered, “Yeah, it might work, let’s go!” Yurik was first to try striking, while Kite ran passed the bat onto a wall, and jumped. Yurik missed with two jabs and an uppercut, but got the bat right where Kite needed it. Kite fell straight on the bad with his blade in it’s head.

“Good job kids,” said a man walking into the cave, “But, what are you doing here? You know it’s quite dangerous.” The man didn’t look like any normal townsperson.

“Who are you?” asked Kite.

“I am commander of the 39th division of the Ragnarok Knights, sole leaders of the country, you can call me Nabal,” said the man. “My squad and I have come to investigate these mountains, we’ve gotten reports of people coming to these mountains and not returning.”

“What happened? What do you think the cause of it is?” asked Yurik.

Nabal replied, “Does it matter? Go home now!”

“Not until you tell us why!” Aster said. “What happened, why is this place so dangerous?”

“You just fought that bat didn’t you?” Nabal said, “I watched your entire fight, you may be strong for being teenagers, but what if something stronger, and faster comes than that mangy little bat?”

“Then we’ll kill it together!” replied Yurik.

“Yeah, that’s what you say now…” Nabal pulled his sword from his sheathe. “Now go home! Or I’m going to have to force you out of here!” The teenagers also pulled out their weapons, and got into their fighting stances. Without even a second to think though, Nabal swiftly struck all three of them, not fatally, but enough to knock them unconscious. He decided he would carry the kids back to their home, and then return to the mountains.

When waking from his unconscious sleep, Kite noticed he was back in house. “What,” he screamed, “Damn that Nabal! He knocked us out and dragged us back here!” He was very angry, and the others were still out cold.

When the other awoke, they were talking about how they’re going to be able to go on adventures if the can’t do anything about the Knights. “Hey!” Yurik said, “I have an idea, let’s join the Knights!”

“Join the Knights?” Kite confirmed, “That may not be a bad idea, then we’ll be able to go wherever we’d like to when we don’t have any work!”

“And even the work we get assigned to us will probably lead us to new places!” exclaimed Aster. “This is a great idea!”

The three decided to do try, but first, they needed to train a little harder. Every day they went into the fields to train with each other. Aster had to get used to casting his spells, learn new ones, and aim better with the ones he already knows. Kite had to learn new sword techniques, get better at aiming, become a lot faster. Yurik had to do basically the same as Kite, except his was with his bare hands, and he had to learn new bare hand techniques.

Last edited:

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I tried making this one a tad longer. And it may seem like I rushed things a bit, just tell me and I'll see about fixing the problem.

Chapter 2: The Road To A Knight

Months passed since the incident in the mountains, and the boys believed that they were ready to become a Ragnarok Knight. The three knew what they were getting into, and decided to go to the castle. The castle was in the country’s capital, Emercin. Being the capital of the country, it was the biggest city in Laeria. It was long way from Ichitan, but the three teenagers knew that they could make it. They got their supplies from Yurik’s house, and they set off onto their new adventure, to Emercin!

To get there, they had to go through a forest, they called Giant’s Forest. They called it that because every 50 years they say that a giant appears in the forest. The three teenagers didn’t believe that rumor, so they entered the forest, not ready for what was to come their way.

Upon entering they weren’t scared, they just kept walking, and walking. After walking a little bit they decided to take a break. While sitting down, the three heard something, but they didn’t think anyone else was in the forest.

“What was that?” Yurik asked.

“I don’t know… I thought we’d be the only ones in this forest!” replied Aster. They started looking around. They hear some weird sounds coming from the trees, and all of a sudden there was someone that jumped out of a tree behind Kite! He turned around to see who it was, and more came out of the trees! They looked like Indians, barely clothed and wielded a small spear. Kite pulled out his sword, and began to slash at the Indian looking man, but there were too many of them, they soon gathered around the 3 boys, and barely able to put up a fight, the 3 gave up and had their hands tied together behind their backs.

The 3 boys were taken to the base of the forest. It was there that they met the tribe’s leader. Unaware of anything outside Ichitan, the 3 didn’t know anything about the forest other than the rumors. They didn’t know anything about this Indian tribe that apparently lived in the forest. They were taken to the cell huts they had set up for prisoners.

The leader, a broad, muscular man, with weird looking eyes, just wearing ripped up shorts, walked up to Kite’s cell. “What are you doing here in the forest?” He asked.

“My friends and I were on our way to Emercin, the country’s capital.” Kite responded.

“What were you going there for?” asked the man.

“What is it to you?” Kite sounded angered, wanting to hurry up and get out of his cell.

“Just asking, don’t give me that attitude,” the man continued to ask, “what were you going there for? You had to have something to do there, or else you wouldn’t be going through this forest.”

Kite replied softly, “My friends and I are going to become Ragnarok Knights!”

“Tch…” the man seemed very annoyed now.

“What’s the matter?” Kite asked.

“The Ragnarok Knights,” the man said, “what a joke…”

Kite didn’t care what he said about the Knights, he and his friends still wanted to join. “Why is it such a joke?” he asked.

“You’ll find out if you can get out of here, this is our forest, off limits to civilians!” the man began to say, “No one can just come in here and pass through!”

“What gives you the right!?” Kite screamed.

Kite noticed someone in a uniform walking behind the man, he too had weird eyes, and had the same uniform as Nabal, he must be a Knight. “Now now, Ren, that’s no way to treat a civilian.” The man who locked up the boys, his name must be Ren.

Ren turned around, “Zack, what are you doing here?” he asked. The man in uniform’s name is Zack.

“That’s commander Zack!” he screamed, “An ex-Knight should know such things! Or do you hate calling me that because I took your position?”

Ren was angered by this, “You can have the 42nd squad of the Ragnarok Knights, I don’t want it anymore!” he exclaimed. “Now, what are you doing here?”

At this point, Kite and the others were quite surprised. They had no clue that the leader of the tribe was once a Ragnarok Knight, no wonder he knew how it was, and was trying to snap Kite out of the idea of becoming one.

“I’m here to go to Ichitan, I have to pass through Giant’s Forest” Zack said, “As a Knight I have the right to pass through here. Why do you have these kids locked up?”

“This forest is off limits to anyone other than the Knights, I had to do something.” Ren replied.

“Well, as a Knight,” Zack said, “I command you to let these kids go, there is no reason to keep them locked up”

“Fine,” Ren replied, “Guards! Release them!” They obeyed his orders, and released the prisoners. “You happy now Zack?”

“Very,” he replied, “I bid you all farewell, I’m on my way to Ichitan.” Zack kept walking, and was soon out of sight.

Kite turned to look at Ren, who had his head down. “So, that’s how you knew how it was in the Knights?”

Ren replied, “Yeah, I used to be commander of the 42nd squad. They decided to kick me out and put the 2nd seed, Zack in my spot.”

“Seed?” Asked Aster.

“Yes,” replied Ren, “There are 50 seeds in each squad, 50th is the lowest rank, 49th is 2nd lowest, and the list keeps going down.”

“So, how many squads are there?” Yurik curiously asked.

“50 squads, 25 seeds in each.” Ren answered.

“WHOA!!!” Aster was surprised, “There are a lot of Knights!”

“Yeah, now, since this place is off limits, I’d suggest you leave now,” Ren was saying, “Go to Emercin, become a Knight, and you’ll see what I mean!”

“Wait,” Yurik said, “Is it true that there is a Giant living in this forest?”

Ren didn’t feel the need to respond, but did anyways. “No, that’s only a rumor, or so, at least I haven’t seen one. Now leave!”

“Okay, come on guys let’s get out of here!” Kite said, walking away, the others soon caught up to him.

They were very surprised with their experience in the forest. They weren’t expecting to get ambushed by an entire tribe led my and ex-Knight! This really got them excited, as they hurried to the next town.

“We’re going to have to stop in Jerrican,” Aster said, “I think I speak for everyone when I say we are beat…”

“Yeah, you’re right, we probably should.” Kite said. So the boys traveled to the next town, Jerrican. When they got there, they immediately looked for an inn to sleep at. The town wasn’t any bigger than Ichitan, and their population was basically the same. At the end of the night, they found the inn, and was ready for some sleep.

When they awoke, they decided to stop by the item shop. They walked out of the inn, it was very dark and humid. The shops were spread out all across the town, a huge walking distance between each one. By the time they reached the item shop, it was already noon.

“So, what all do we need?” Aster asked.

“More apple and orange gels,” Yurik said, “we’re running a tad low.”

Aster replied, “Oh, okay.” He was very excited to be so close to Emercin. They were all excited.

They finally got done with item shopping, and they traveled across the town again to get to the north end, which is the gate that leads to Emercin. Once they got there, they had to travel across a field to reach the capital. It took them a few hours, but they were finally there!

“We’re here!!” Aster was very excited. He kept looking back, forwards, side to side, every way possible to look. The 3 boys have never been to the capital before.

“So, where do we sign up?” Kite asked.

“Hmm, how about we try the castle,” Yurik said, “who knows, maybe we’ll be able to see the King!?”

“That would be so awesome!!” Aster was now acting like a little kid at a new amusement park. “Let’s go!!”

“Alright, let’s head to the castle,” Kite said, “the signs say it’s over this way.” He pointed to his left, and they started walking.

There was a huge water fountain in the middle of the big city. There were shops everywhere, all throughout the entire town. The population was a gigantic number, far too much for the boys to even count that high. After walking for a little bit, they reached the castle.

Last edited:

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Something I just thought of to make the story make a little sense. (Or atleast in future chapters) I'll edit the 1st post with this, but this a prologue I should have made before I even started writing the story.

Prologue

It was a vast world, divided into many countries. There was a war to be fought between 2 of them. The country of Laeria, and the country of Dolia. They each lie adjacent to one another, and they vie for each others powers. What was unique about each of the countries though, was that they each worship a different god. Laeria worshipped Ragnarok, and Dolia worshipped Kitikus. These gods had almighty powers, and were the rulers of the world, but they never got along, and could never work anything out. They soon had a very large battle, that which lasted for centuries. The battle between the gods have caused the land though to rot, and whither away. But alas, the battle has now ended. Ragnarok killed Kitikus, and so the country of Laeria prospers,, but Dolia still fights. Inside the country of Dolia, people have been wanting, and working hard to bring back Kitikus, for another chance to fight. But Kitikus’ soul was sealed away into the body of a baby boy, and so the mother practically has given birth to the new god, yet his powers have been sealed away.

Our story begins 17 years after the child’s birth…

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
Yeah this is interesting; but you should stop double posting. I got an infraction a while ago because of double posting.

Last edited:

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
Oh, my bad. I guess you learn something new each day.

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
I like this fanfic its pretty good, but you could do more with description but, other than that it's pretty good. I wonder if they can handel Nabal now? I guess we'll see.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I'm getting started on the next chapter right now.

Hahaha, it's funny everytime I type in ragnarok, before I click to ignore the spelling error, (Comp must not recognize) I see that a correction is the word "Kangaroo" lmao

Last edited:

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Alright guys! Lol when I said I got started on it, I was already halfway done. But anyways, here's the next chapter!

Chapter 3: The Master Of Weapons

The castle was like nothing they’d ever seen before. In fact, it was supposedly the biggest castle in the world, but they 3 boys didn’t know that. Unbeknownst to them, they were in for the hardest fight they’d be in for a while. They walked into the castle and headed to the left where the future Knights were being tested.

They all three got to the counter together and said in unison, “We want to try out to be a Knight!”

Gilchea, the one at the counter, signing people up, said, “Okay, you all will need to fill this form out,” she continued to say, “all it has is your name, hometown, birth date, etc.” She handed them all a paper.

Kite was the 1st one done with his paper, and he handed it in. “Thank you,” Gilchea said, “Now, have a seat over there.” She pointed to a chair right next to the door that leads to the area they have to fight in to try out. There were no windows or anything so you couldn’t see what was going on inside.

Aster and Yurik looked over at Kite as they handed in their papers. Kite looked very nervous but managed in keeping his cool for the time being.

Gilchea pushed a button on her desk, and after a few minutes a broad man, with long blue hair came in the room. He had all sorts of weapons on him. Gilchea said, “Meet the master of all weapons, Commander of the 33rd squad, Zan.” She continued to say, “He’ll be testing you today, you must defeat him in order to become a Knight. He will only be using half of his strength, so don’t worry.”

“Come on now kid, let’s get this over with.” Zan said as he and Kite walked into what they thought was a room. It turns out, the door leads right outside! “Let’s get this over with quick!” Zan pulled out two blades out from the sheathe that held them. Without hesitation, he struck Kite with an upswing of one of the swords.

Kite pulled out his sword, and managed to block Zan’s attack. Stepping back, he took a stab at Zan, which Zan quickly jumped back from. Zan jumped forward and horizontally slashed at Kite, and Kite used his sword to try and defend himself, but the blow knocked him into the air. Kite did a back flip in the air and recovered.

After tussling around, Zan started to notice Kite’s real skill, he started getting faster, he struck harder, and was less predictable. Kite began to be worried though, he thought that in order to pass the test, he had to defeat Zan. After his little burst of adrenaline, he started getting a bit tired, and slowed down his movements.

“It’s time to finish this!!!” Zan screamed, tired of fighting. He landed on the ground from his last jump, and you suddenly see all of his weapons in the air. His spear, swords, axes, his bow, and his guns, absolutely everything! The bows began to shoot, and so did the guns. The swords and his axes began stabbing through Kite, and finally the spear was his final blow. This blew Kite back a few yards, and knocked him unconscious. Zan simply stood there, and looked at the boy, after looking at him for a few seconds, he left. He told Gilchea “Bandage him up, tell him when he wakes up, he’s now a member of squad 33.

Kite was knocked out for quite a long time, it was a while before he awoke. In that time, Yurik and Aster both passed their tests, although their tests were a lot simpler. They all were now a part of squad 33. They had to take Kite to see the doctors in the castle, and Yurik followed him. Aster decided to check out the castle, even though he had to do it alone. He walked around about half of it, and already started getting tired, so he decided to head to the hospital inside the castle. There was a hospital inside just for ragnarok knights. When he got there, he headed straight for Kite’s room.

Kite was sitting straight up, talking to Yurik. He was completely bandaged up, and he was informed he was now a Knight. “But, I didn’t beat him,” He asked, “How did I make it?”

Yurik answered, “I don’t know… Maybe he was impressed.”

“Gilchea said it was only half of his strength, if that’s true, he must be a pretty strong opponent.” Kite felt very, very weak. “So, when are we getting our 1st assignment?”

“You’re in no condition to be worrying about that,” Yurik began to say, “we’ll get it soon enough. You need to get your rest.” Both Aster and Yurik left the room, and left Kite alone.

While Kite was unconscious he had a strange flash back in the form of a dream. It was of him and another girl a long, long, time ago. It was before Kite even lived in Laeria, and before he met Aster and Yurik.

His memories of Dolia, and his friend Trista all came back to him in this dream. They were sitting by the ocean, staring at the stars. Trista, a woman about the same age, appeared to be his girlfriend.

“Kite…” Trista asked, “What would you do if one of those stars fell from the sky and we were in danger?”

Kite replied while taking out his sword, and standing up, “I’d swing this blade, and hit it back into space!” He said this while swinging his sword in front of him. “I wouldn’t let anything ever happen to you!”

“That’s so nice of you…” Trista replied.

“Yeah,” Kite kept going on, “in fact, Trista, I promise to always protect you, from everything!
Trista replied, “Really? Thank you Kite, you’re so brave… That’s why I love you.”

“You’re welcome, and I love you too.” Kite said.

This ended his flash back, Kite awoke almost as soon as Yurik came walking in. Now that Yurik and Aster are gone and out of the room, this flashback is all Kite could think about. He was still sitting up for a bit, but he laid back down gently. As soon as he got comfortable, Commander Zan walked in.

“Hey,” the commander said.

Kite was very surprised, and painfully sat back up. “Sir!!”

Zan calmed him down a bit, “don’t get too excited kid, you’re too injured. I wanted to see how bad a I beating gave you,” he said with a laugh and a smile.

“Oh, ha ha ha, it’s not that bad.” Kite replied.

“Good, I actually wasn’t using half my strength,” the commander confessed, “I was going full force, you’re quite skilled.”

“Thank you sir!” Kite was very pleased to hear that.

“After you recovered, let me know, I’m going to give you your 1st assignment.” Zan explained as clearly as he could.

“Yes sir!” Kite responded with a weak salute.

“Good, then until next time.” Zan walked out of the room. The doctor came in almost as soon as he left. The doctor was actually the commander of the 31st squad, a squad specializing in healing arts, medicine, etc.

“So, how are you feeling?” the doctor asked.

“Oh hey sir… I’m feeling pretty good I suppose…” Kite responded.

“That’s good,” the doctor said, “Oh, and none of that ‘sir’ stuff, I’m commander Zach, of the 31st squad, we specialize in healing arts.

“Oh, you have a whole squad that does that?” Kite asked.

“Yes, we do, our squad is spread throughout the country. A few in each hospital,” Zach said, “And we’re the only squad that doesn’t have to follow the limit of 50 seeds rule. I’ll leave you alone for now, try and go back to sleep.”

Kite wanted to fall asleep, he wanted to see if another flash back would happen, he was hoping one would.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back