• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Process of Becoming a Nobody!?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vmkblaster1

How do you become a nobody?! I know how it happens... You must have a powerful heart if you are turned into a heartless... Yeah... But I don't get the process of a nobody... How is it born? Is it like inside the old shell body a test tube baby in the body and then forms a nobody in a process and where do they end up first and why? In my imagination, how a nobody is formed would look like the thing that sora sleeps in after chain of memories, but it would start off as a heart and the body would assemble or something like that! I want to see a nobody form like it is processing... Does anyone know the process of a nobody?! I hope they explain in Kingdom Hearts 3!?!

TheDemonCT

Dude, yensid explains that in Kingdom Hearts 2. Please play the games or watch the cutscenes.

Awards
You're right in that we never see nobodies actually form, but you can probably assume it just sort of poofs into existence in their respective realms. Sort of like that guy you see turn into a heartless in KHI. The heart is lost to darkness, the heart takes monster form in the ROD, and the body/soul takes monster form in the RB.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
We sort of see that when Roxas is born. He just pops up with the body and luckily usually not nude either.

Master Exin

Awards
You're right in that we never see nobodies actually form, but you can probably assume it just sort of poofs into existence in their respective realms. Sort of like that guy you see turn into a heartless in KHI. The heart is lost to darkness, the heart takes monster form in the ROD, and the body/soul takes monster form in the RB.
What does the RB stand for again?

Vmkblaster1

Dude, yensid explains that in Kingdom Hearts 2. Please play the games or watch the cutscenes.
Read my post before say what you said... I want to know the process! What does the process look like, how long does it take, where do they form?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Read my post before say what you said... I want to know the process! What does the process look like, how long does it take, where do they form?
The body, in theory, just reforms - there's no, like growth process. When the body is destroyed, it scatters into particles and leaves the realm where it fell, only to reform on neutral ground in the realm in-between. It's probably no more complex than those particles reassembling in reverse the way they broke apart. We see Xehanort reassemble in his recompletion, and it's just a plume of darkness.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

And what makes you think we know such things in detail?
Also, this isn't the most polite way of asking others. The people here aren't robots for your personal questioning.

The body, in theory, just reforms - there's no, like growth process.

Wait, you're saying the body doesn'0t grow while being a Nobody?
Because I actually think Ienzo grew up as Zexion in those 9 years.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Wait, you're saying the body doesn'0t grow while being a Nobody?
Because I actually think Ienzo grew up as Zexion in those 9 years.
That's not really what I meant. I just meant that it's not like the nobody has a state as it's forming, it's not like an egg hatching, to our knowledge.

Though, Nomura's said in the past that Nobodies don't age - which is nonsense, because Zexion and Namine clearly did, but there's evidence that without a heart you can't age - like Ventus.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
That's not really what I meant. I just meant that it's not like the nobody has a state as it's forming, it's not like an egg hatching, to our knowledge.

Though, Nomura's said in the past that Nobodies don't age - which is nonsense, because Zexion and Namine clearly did, but there's evidence that without a heart you can't age - like Ventus.

Ah, ok.
No probs. I was also unsure of if I've intepreted that right.

Perhaps the harte replacement even makes them age?
And yeah, I have no clue of what Nomura meant.

Luxu

Awards
When the Heart is released, if the Heart and Will of the person are strong enough. And if they have Darkness within them, the releasing of the heart will create a Heartless as it is casted into darkness. The hallow body, with a strong will. It will seek to become whole again, and as a result it forms a Nobody, using darkness within it to take form. Nobodies are just hallow vessels from a missing heart, as a result they seek hearts to once again become whole.

Hirokey123

Awards
I legit think we are supposed to believe Ienzo became a Nobody at that height, otherwise he would of revived in an outfit to small for him. Given DDD was rushed and a lot of it was made by using and modifying BBS assets it's quite possible that given that was one of the early promo scenes they simply used the BBS models for it, deliberately putting Ienzo in it in a way you can't quite tell it's the short form unless you look at the shoes and pants. Then when they made a properly sized Ienzo model for the later cutscenes they never went back to switch it because they dubbed it not a needed use of time.

Namine has never followed a single Nobody rule...or a law of physics/nature rules either, she can never be used for anything but showing exceptions.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I legit think we are supposed to believe Ienzo became a Nobody at that height, otherwise he would of revived in an outfit to small for him. Given DDD was rushed and a lot of it was made by using and modifying BBS assets it's quite possible that given that was one of the early promo scenes they simply used the BBS models for it, deliberately putting Ienzo in it in a way you can't quite tell it's the short form unless you look at the shoes and pants. Then when they made a properly sized Ienzo model for the later cutscenes they never went back to switch it because they dubbed it not a needed use of time.

Nah. Ienzo was a kid when he became a nobody, only a year passed between BBS and the fall of Radiant Garden. If they had enough time to make the new model, they had enough time to rig it to just lay on the ground. Him reviving in the outfit magically isn't a stretch when you consider that Lea had on an organization cloak at the time of his revival and Roxas formed in his twilight-inspired gear.

Hirokey123

Awards
Lea being in a coat simply means he was in a coat when he lost his heart, which isn't hard to believe given you know he revived in the secret lab meaning he was involved with apprentices before hand. Roxas's outfit is kind of completely irrelevant? The outfit of the nobody doesn't matter, it's formed from memories like rest of their appearance. The outfit for the original does matter because when they revive that is the outfit they will revive in. That is why Vexen dies in an org cloak but revives in his Radiant Garden garb because that is what he wore when he lost his heart.

Friendly reminder Ienzo as a kid was only a bit shorter than Ventus and his face showed signs of going through puberty, so he is likely anywhere between 13-15 years old. Riku was 15 years old and grew to his current height, which is nearly tall as Terra, in roughly half a year. Growth and size in this series isn't logical...DDD highlights that by showing just how tiny Riku and Sora were age 15/14 respectively. It is especially glaring in The Grid..

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Lea being in a coat simply means he was in a coat when he lost his heart, which isn't hard to believe given you know he revived in the secret lab meaning he was involved with apprentices before hand. Roxas's outfit is kind of completely irrelevant? The outfit of the nobody doesn't matter, it's formed from memories like rest of their appearance. The outfit for the original does matter because when they revive that is the outfit they will revive in. That is why Vexen dies in an org cloak but revives in his Radiant Garden garb because that is what he wore when he lost his heart.

Friendly reminder Ienzo as a kid was only a bit shorter than Ventus and his face showed signs of going through puberty, so he is likely anywhere between 13-15 years old. Riku was 15 years old and grew to his current height, which is nearly tall as Terra, in roughly half a year. Growth and size in this series isn't logical...DDD highlights that by showing just how tiny Riku and Sora were age 15/14 respectively. It is especially glaring in The Grid..

Regardless, without any word from Nomura or in-game citations, your speculation isn't any more law on the subject than mine.

I fail to see how Roxas's outfit is irrelevant, considering this topic is about the formation of Nobodies to begin with.

Hirokey123

Awards
Roxas's outfit is irrelevant in the subject of Ienzo because Nobody appearances come from memories. They are born wearing what they can remember, but they are revived in what they were wearing when split. Roxas doesn't have a before split state, the closest is Sora and Ventus.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Roxas's outfit is irrelevant in the subject of Ienzo because Nobody appearances come from memories. They are born wearing what they can remember, but they are revived in what they were wearing when split. Roxas doesn't have a before split state, the closest is Sora and Ventus.
Do you have a source for the claim that Nobody outfits are formed by memories?
Both Roxas and Nami have no memories at all, wouldn't that mean they should've been born naked?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
This is one of those arguments that's completely pointless. The details provided in the games are so flimsy and unaddressed that it really doesn't matter. Nomura puts what he wants to see in the games first, and occassionally justifies it later. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
There's no rhyme or reason to it.
Actually I got something: Disney magic. And Final Fantasy bs. With the two combined, there's bound to be at least a FEW things that don't make much sense and just happen because it looks nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back