• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady-Lee

Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

oh bob not the christian bale rumor again. I highly doubt that he would do a kh game.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

oh bob not the christian bale rumor again. I highly doubt that he would do a kh game.

Don't put it past him. He did Howl's Moving Castle. but it really doesn't sound like him.
(and lol at the Terra fangirls ^^ hopefully they'll forgive the aqua boob admiration)
I don't think its Steve Burton just yet. I heard it in his voice too but I just think its someone going for his deep, sensitive, take on Cloud. In all honesty it could be anybody that makes sense.
Mark Hamil totally owns Eraqus now. Its just so perfect :D

MandoKeyMaster

Kirk Thornton then? He is said to do various voices, so that is a possiblity

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

^ Could be. But right now, I'm putting my money on Steve Burton being Terra's VA. Sounded very Cloud-ish in the new trailer IMO...

That said, Hamill continues to PWN in the trailers as Eraqus. >:3

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

^ Could be. But right now, I'm putting my money on Steve Burton being Terra's VA. Sounded very Cloud-ish in the new trailer IMO...

I agree witht this statement haha

Sempied

I'd still like to be on the David Kaye bandwagon/Furry Terra.

That aside from him i'm still iffy on Terra. His VA sounds so........fandub like, I don't think he's bad per say, but honestly when I heard the E3 trailer compared to the recent Gamespot one I expected his lines to sound (Don't kill me) older.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

I'd still like to be on the David Kaye bandwagon/Furry Terra.

That aside from him i'm still iffy on Terra. His VA sounds so........fandub like, I don't think he's bad per say, but honestly when I heard the E3 trailer compared to the recent Gamespot one I expected his lines to sound (Don't kill me) older.

YAY! I STARTED A BANDWAGON! :D

Seriously, though, I don't hear Cloud in Terra at all.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Seriously, though, I don't hear Cloud in Terra at all.

Same. Especially hearing him say "All right!" and "There we go" in the command board gameplay.

Sempied

Same. Especially hearing him say "All right!" and "There we go" in the command board gameplay.
Honestly? Those 2 lines just sounded way off, Terra is continuing to sound very hit and miss for me.

I really don't want his VA to rank down with Alyson Stoner, and Mena Suvari. Hopefully when the Gamescom trailer, and the full game come we'll get to hear his more spoiler related stronger lines.

I originally thought that his VA was going for the other approach for Terra compared to Okiayu, but some of the lines so far have been so off it's sad.

Am I the only one who thought Willa/Aqua sounded bored on the Command Board?

Ikkin

Bronze Member

^^ no, i thought Aqua sounded pretty bored too. "That's the way... whatever..."

Terra and Aqua's VAs both sound better (or, at least, more consistent) when they have more than a few words to say, I think. It might come from an unfamiliarity with videogame roles.

I know the current guessing for Terra's VAs seems to be focused on professional VAs, but the fact that he kind of underacts sometimes seems to hint he's another actor-rather-than-VA choice. (Has anyone suggested Zac Efron yet? He's got the Disney connection, and his voice is at least in the right range, maybe...?)

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Ikkin said:
(Has anyone suggested Zac Efron yet? He's got the Disney connection, and his voice is at least in the right range, maybe...?)

The voices sound nothing alike. I had to sit through HSM and HSM 2 thanks to my sister and mom and I can tell you right now they sound NOTHING alike. Sure his voice has matured slightly from HSM 2... but it would not change completely.

...Anyway... I saw a random Youtuber comment saying that Terra sounded like the Warrior of Light from Final Fantasy Dissidia. I did a comparison and... they do actually sound very similar.

Last time I checked, Grant George was the one who voiced WoL so that could be a possibility.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

The voices sound nothing alike. I had to sit through HSM and HSM 2 thanks to my sister and mom and I can tell you right now they sound NOTHING alike. Sure his voice has matured slightly from HSM 2... but it would not change completely.

...Anyway... I saw a random Youtuber comment saying that Terra sounded like the Warrior of Light from Final Fantasy Dissidia. I did a comparison and... they do actually sound very similar.

Last time I checked, Grant George was the one who voiced WoL so that could be a possibility.

I never really paid attention to HSM; it was just a thought I had when I saw the Charlie St. Cloud trailer. =/ (And, okay, it's a stretch, but half of the people here were convinced that Terra was going to be voiced by Mark Hamill, even after the battle clips showed up)

I don't think Terra sounds that much like Warrior of Light (though I'll admit, it's more of a Do Not Want than "there's no way it could be him" =/)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm on this Fluffy Terra thing too. I don't think it is Burton for the fact Burton can voice act way better than how Terra sounds.

And Hamill has nailed it as Eraqus. I want more Vanitas though.

Sempied

Am I the only one who thinks Terra sounded decent and that Vanitas didn't do that great?
Kind of. For me Terra is okay, but just some parts are very hit and miss, and when they miss they tend sound an awful lot like a fandub.

We've had what 3 lines from Vanitas? Not even the Gamespot trailer showed anything new, but based on what so far has been given i'd say he's okay for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back