• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Lol, you ladies get to talk like that about Terra but when people were talking about Aqua it was, "OMG SHE'S A CARTOON THE BOOBS ARE FAKE BLAH BLAH BLAH"

nicoleohbugga

Lol, you ladies get to talk like that about Terra but when people were talking about Aqua it was, "OMG SHE'S A CARTOON THE BOOBS ARE FAKE BLAH BLAH BLAH"
Haha, I have to agree with this statement. :| Although, they aren't talking about his..well, you knows. ;P
I will always have love for Riku, but after him(after I grew up) I don't find video game characters attractive. Probably because he was the cute one when I was in middle school. It was all like, "OH, Riku this. Riku that." <3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Oh dear God...
OK isn't Rick Gomez the guy who voiced Zack from Crisis Core? I found a guy with this name in Facebook so I thought it was him. I sent a message to him asking about KH and all...turns out that the full name of the actor is Richard (something) "Rick" Gomez...
I just embarrassed myself...

Lmao. Don't worry, I've done that before but it was on my DS and I was talking to the FUNimation blogger during a panel.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Well, to be fair, Terra's in a much higher percentile of attractiveness than Aqua is of chest-size, when compared to other game/anime/cartoon characters. XD Focusing on Aqua's "talents" is kind of missing the point, while I'm pretty sure the camera itself is drooling over Terra at some points. ;)

On the topic of Terra's voice, I kind of hope his VA is someone who has... interesting voice clips to dub over Terra talking. Just because it'd be amusing. xD

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

That's because pretty much *everyone* talked about just her boobs. At least we ladies are not discussing Terra's endowments.

What the heck, IMDB?! Next thing you know, they'll list Michael Jackson as Terra... -_-

PFFFFT.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That's because pretty much *everyone* talked about just her boobs. At least we ladies are not discussing Terra's endowments.

PFFFFT.

Even I talked about Aqua's boobs. They are very nice.

And it's hard to talk about Terra's breasts when his pants hide them so well. -knows her reference will fly over people's heads-(-needs to stop reading Hetalia or she might turn into a perv like Korea-) I like talking about who might be voicing him and what jokes we can make of that.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

No, not everyone. Atleast I never did... unless I don't count as a person.

I never understand why people would bring up sexual subjects about something that's a CARTOON!

:rolls eyes: Oh please.

Um...because we can?

Even I talked about Aqua's boobs. They are very nice.

And it's hard to talk about Terra's breasts when his pants hide them so well. -knows her reference will fly over people's heads-(-needs to stop reading Hetalia or she might turn into a perv like Korea-) I like talking about who might be voicing him and what jokes we can make of that.

So, I'm assuming right now we're just getting our lulz from the theory of David Kaye being his VA? Terra needs a fluffy now...

TehSoulCookie

I know that some people have already mentioned this option, but I've been listening to the new english trailer a lot and then listening to voice files for Cloud on Dissidia, and I've come to think that Steve Burton voices Terra. At some points Terra sounds IDENTICAL to Cloud, IMO, and at other points he doesn't, so I'm still not 100% sure, but he sounds pretty darn close. Especially with the line about the three of them having the same dream, and in Terra's E3 gameplay vid, his 'Stay back' really sounded like Cloud, too. It may not be, but I think I'd put money down that it is.

Or it could just be someone trying to sound like Cloud. XD

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

I know that some people have already mentioned this option, but I've been listening to the new english trailer a lot and then listening to voice files for Cloud on Dissidia, and I've come to think that Steve Burton voices Terra. At some points Terra sounds IDENTICAL to Cloud, IMO, and at other points he doesn't, so I'm still not 100% sure, but he sounds pretty darn close. Especially with the line about the three of them having the same dream, and in Terra's E3 gameplay vid, his 'Stay back' really sounded like Cloud, too. It may not be, but I think I'd put money down that it is.

Or it could just be someone trying to sound like Cloud. XD

Yeah, I don't hear it. I'll probably have to borrow Allister Rose's 1337 earphones (please don't brick me, I couldn't resist!), but I've watched the trailer I don't know how many times, and I just don't hear Steve Burton. At all. I hear more of David Kaye than I do Steve.

TehSoulCookie

Yeah, I don't hear it. I'll probably have to borrow Allister Rose's 1337 earphones (please don't brick me, I couldn't resist!), but I've watched the trailer I don't know how many times, and I just don't hear Steve Burton. At all. I hear more of David Kaye than I do Steve.

Yeah, I understand, maybe it's just me then....>.> who knows? My ears may be screwed up, but I hear it. A lot. Yeah. *shrugs* If it's not him, I won't be disappointed, but if it is, I'm going to lol so hard and then start cracking jokes. What jokes, I don't know yet, but I will.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

lol you are never letting that go xD
I thought it was Steve Burton for a while but now I don't really hear it in Terra's voice anymore.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah, I understand, maybe it's just me then....>.> who knows? My ears may be screwed up, but I hear it. A lot. Yeah. *shrugs* If it's not him, I won't be disappointed, but if it is, I'm going to lol so hard and then start cracking jokes. What jokes, I don't know yet, but I will.

No you're not the only one, I actually hear the exact same thing. To me, it almost sounds exactly like Cloud and I have a few other friends (they don't go to this forum) who also think the same.

I agree there are many lines where it sounds like Cloud especially in the "You, me and Ven all have the same dream." and "When I really need you, Ven... I know you'll be there" lines.

It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be Steve Burton. That's the only actor so far that makes any sense to me right now.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

About how Cloud's and Terra's VA is a soap opera star, maybe?

lol you are never letting that go xD
I thought it was Steve Burton for a while but now I don't really hear it in Terra's voice anymore.

Nope. But seriously, I couldn't help myself. I'm so soooorrrrrryyyyy!!

But yeah, I don't hear Steve Burton at all.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be Steve Burton. That's the only actor so far that makes any sense to me right now.

I don't think they'd want to use the same VA for characters who aren't supposed to be related, though.

And, in any case, Cloud's voice seems to have been turned into a Squenix-created "dark young man" accent. Even Riku started to sound more Cloud-like in Days - so there could be some Cloud-ness to Terra's voice even if he had a different actor.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

I don't think they'd want to use the same VA for characters who aren't supposed to be related, though.

And, in any case, Cloud's voice seems to have been turned into a Squenix-created "dark young man" accent. Even Riku started to sound more Cloud-like in Days - so there could be some Cloud-ness to Terra's voice even if he had a different actor.

^This

I noticed that too; any character that happens to be young, male, and dark in nature has that...well, I really don't know what to call it other than a "brooding" accent.

Lady-Lee

Awards

It seems like alot of "darker" squeenix characters are using the generic emo voice now...

and whats wrong with talking about Terra's hawtness, his hawt out ranks Aqua's boobs by 9000.
Terra's hawt>Aqua

MandoKeyMaster

I've heard rumors Christian Bale is voicing Terra.

Willa Holland as Aqua = sounds like older Xion, but has little emotion in her voice. Would have prefered Gwen Yeo or Grey DeLisle
Jesse McCartney as Ven = Roxas copy, no problem
Leo Nimoy as Xehanort = impressive. MX is a Vulcan lol, and not becuase of the ears
Mark Hamill as Eraqus = Luke Skywalker is Terra's master and father figure? kool beanz. sounds great
Haley Joel Osment as Vany = very good, but dialogue is watered down a bit.

It sucks Billy Zane doesn't voice Terranort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back