• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Okay so if Hamil isn't voicing Eraqus who would be a good VA for Eraqus? And same question if Hamil isn't voicing Terra, who would be a good VA for Terra.

Personaly I think for Terra it needs to be a young voice, about 20ish, and it needs to have a deep tone to it, but not as deep as XH or Xemnas.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Actually, since there is a actor form star wars in this cast already, Liam Neeson for Eraqus is possible.

BlackBlitz7

Website
burstingenergy.ultimaterpg.org

I'm just glad that they picked up some good voices for the roles and not some damn disney kids with no talent

Mark's got enough years under his belt to be good as Terra or Eraqus and Willa Holland has a voice that can fit the stronger yet still feminine sound of Aqua

After first hearing the line that Nimoy said in te trailer i was thinking that it was off and strange for such a deep sounding voice, but after imagining him speaking more roles and trusting his years of acting he starts to seem more and more of a fit.

I even imagined him voicing right off the bat today as i was reading english screens, it was awesome and exciting that it seemed so....right.

Good is most definitly a relative term.....to be honest I'm quite disappointed with these names. Especially Mark Hamill, I hate his voice and it won't fit Terra, or even Eraqus in my honest opinion. But to be fair, it'd be best to say my final judgement for when we start to get some trailers/preview scenes.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member

He will, we just wait to see if there is another person or if Hamill voices him.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Is the ability to do an awesome angry scream really the most important thing for a character like Terra, though?

I'd think that Terra's vulnerability would be far more important, since the pain that Terra's darkness causes him is a huge portion of his character.

And Luke Skywalker's not the best example of that (for which we should be glad, considering George Lucas' apparent definition of "vulnerability" is Slave Leia).

Did I ever say that an epic angry scream was the most important element of Terra? No, I did not.

I disagree; it's not Terra's vulnerability, rather it's his temptation. They're similar, admittedly, but really temptation is a little bit more in a negative manner. Because, honestly, there's more than one way to define either term and temptation is the more negative term, and is more along the lines of what goes on with Terra.

And either way, Luke was often quite spoken in RoTJ, particularly in the scenes involving Luke trying to cope with the fact that Vader is indeed his father. So really, if Terra's defining quality is his vulnerability, Mark can definitely handle that. And the scene I mentioned with the scream in RoTJ also showed Luke being incredibly tempted to destroy his own father.

Mark can definitely handle Terra. ^_^

Key

Exile
Awards

^^ i agree with the previous posts about Hamill <3

i'm seriously excited, to be honest. i can't wait till E3 so we can see a trailer. :D Honestly, i just want to hear the VAs....

and because of this thread i'm REALLY hoping Mark is Terra XD

Silver warrior

I saw the english trailer and i'm sad becuse first master xehanort sounds like fan made and second he also sounds like Yoda gone to the dark side i expected him to have a deep voice but still some elegance.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I saw the english trailer and i'm sad becuse first master xehanort sounds like fan made and second he also sounds like Yoda gone to the dark side i expected him to have a deep voice but still some elegance.

You don't know Leonard Nimoy's voice then.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Dude, you realize you just dissed Leonard Nimoy, right?

Besides, MX's voice is actually good... it's just different from the Japanese actor. In fact most people hate English voice actors the moment they hear them because they're so used to the Japanese voices but in all reality the english voices are good.

And MX sounds NOTHING like Yoda -_-

Silver warrior

yes I know I piss off alot of star strek fan girls stiil what you said was true I like the japanese version better but still I was hoping for something better I mean it IS master xehanort.ha ha i'm hearing it right now and still sound like Yoda gone dark side.ha ha ha mmm it sounds good but just that good I was hoping for better.

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

yes I know I piss off alot of star strek fan girls stiil what you said was true I like the japanese version better but still I was hoping for something better I mean it IS master xehanort.

I'd suggest listening to it about 4 or 5 times. Most people change their mind once they get used to the voice.

I actually think Nimoy is better at certain things.
1: He sounds more like an old man which is a MAJOR reason for one of Xehanort's goals.
2: It sounds like he can actually convince Terra he's a good guy. In the Japanese version, it made Terra look like an idiot because Xehanort always sounded evil. In the English version, it's more believable to see Xehanort as a helpless old man until you meet him towards the end as he reveals his true evil intentions.

Silver warrior

I'd suggest listening to it about 4 or 5 times. Most people change their mind once they get used to the voice.

I actually think Nimoy is better at certain things.
1: He sounds more like an old man which is a MAJOR reason for one of Xehanort's goals.
2: It sounds like he can actually convince Terra he's a good guy. In the Japanese version, it made Terra look like an idiot because Xehanort always sounded evil. In the English version, it's more believable to see Xehanort as a helpless old man until you meet him towards the end as he reveals his true evil intentions.

I have herd it 10 times already stiil yodaish but yes he sound like a helpless old man witch is something I did't expected but i'm happy for that.I expected him to sound more powerfull

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I have herd it 10 times already stiil yodaish but yes he sound like a helpless old man witch is something I did't expected but i'm happy for that.I expected him to sound more powerfull

I still don't see how you hear Yoda in his voice :/

Besides, this is ONE line. And remember that for most of the game, he goes through an act (mainly to Terra) trying to pretend he's a good guy. So for all we know once he says "LET YOUR HEART BE STAINED IN DARKNESS!!" he may sound really evil.

Still, opinions are opinions, I guess. :/

Millenious

There is something i noticed about Nimoy's line though, it seems as though it was just hastily cut because its part of a longer speech the one line seems out of place. Also i do think that he can sound more powerful its just that he's not very agrivated in that scene either.

Silver warrior

sorry I think I was just hating but I hope I get use to it I was really hoping to hear master xeahanort voice all this years.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

There is something i noticed about Nimoy's line though, it seems as though it was just hastily cut because its part of a longer speech the one line seems out of place. Also i do think that he can sound more powerful its just that he's not very agrivated in that scene either.

Not to mention that he needed to say that line about 4 times so there's a chance this cut may not even make it to the final game. This happens a lot in animated movies and games.

Millenious

plus it also seems to grow on you after listening to it for a while

Silver warrior

yep it already growing on me it sounds good but still keeping yoda dark comment.LOLhey is the game stop trailer the only english trailer?

Millenious

^^ so far yes i think so, there isnt any other trailer on the english site

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back