• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Mine sorta goes:

Wait, what? I've only been gone for 6 hours and theres a new trailer!?

:watches it:

My August has officially been made.

:p

I just emailed the trailer to my friend. She said she squee'd so loud she's afraid she woke up all her dorm mates. LOL

I think it's pretty safe to say that my year has been made, at least until I have the game in my hands. Too bad I won't have that much time to play it. DAMN YOU, PRE-MED MAJOR.

Wheels

Aqua shooting Zack down made me laugh, so much more blunt than the Japanese version XD But I agree, Terra's scream near the end was very good, but his voice sounded weird still in the dream speech, to me. Not bad, just...weird. And of course, they have "My friends are my power!!" line XD I liked all of the trailers VAing, to some extent. I loved Aqua's line about Xehanort's mind games ripping them apart ^_^ But my main beef wit the trailer was the music! Ugh, it made it so hard to hear lines sometimes. I'll have to watch the gameplay ones when I get home, I'm currently running on dial up speed here at school, and it's so frustrating I commandeered one of my friend's computer(as he still has bandwidth left) Just to watch the trailer. And DiZ no longer sounds like it's Christopher Lea

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Aqua shooting Zack down made me laugh, so much more blunt than the Japanese version XD But I agree, Terra's scream near the end was very good, but his voice sounded weird still in the dream speech, to me. Not bad, just...weird. And of course, they have "My friends are my power!!" line XD I liked all of the trailers VAing, to some extent. I loved Aqua's line about Xehanort's mind games ripping them apart ^_^ But my main beef wit the trailer was the music! Ugh, it made it so hard to hear lines sometimes. I'll have to watch the gameplay ones when I get home, I'm currently running on dial up speed here at school, and it's so frustrating I commandeered one of my friend's computer(as he still has bandwidth left) Just to watch the trailer. And DiZ no longer sounds like it's Christopher Lea

IS DiZ still being played by Christopher Lee? I agree, it didn't sound like him at all.

And poor Zack! D: He needs a hug...

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

EDIT: And also, in the KH fandom tradition of finding something to bitch about, I just wanna say that I was a little disappointed with Vanitas's laugh. It wasn't batshit insane/creepy enough for me. But that's just my two cents.

I was actually impressed with the laugh. But to be honest, that's because I was expecting the laugh to be complete and utter crap. I already knew it was never ever going to be even close to being as good as the Japanese version so I'd say it wasn't hard for him to go above my expectations on that.
I will say that I am starting to like Vanitas a little better... I still kind of prefer the Japanese version though, but that's just me.

IS DiZ still being played by Christopher Lee? I agree, it didn't sound like him at all.

Nah, that's Corey Burton (he did Diz in Re:COM) It's a shame, really. After him doing Days, I would've sworn they would've gotten him to do BBS. Well... he is getting old though so...

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

I just emailed the trailer to my friend. She said she squee'd so loud she's afraid she woke up all her dorm mates. LOL

I think it's pretty safe to say that my year has been made, at least until I have the game in my hands. Too bad I won't have that much time to play it. DAMN YOU, PRE-MED MAJOR.

Well I promised my parents more studying (I'm goal setting for straight A's, I slacked freshman year.) in my sophomore year of high school so I'm sorta in the same situation. But it comes out the middle of my 2nd week, so Imma beat it before the going gets rough.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Well I promised my parents more studying (I'm goal setting for straight A's, I slacked freshman year.) in my sophomore year of high school so I'm sorta in the same situation. But it comes out the middle of my 2nd week, so Imma beat it before the going gets rough.

I'm a sophomore in college this year, and it's only going to get tougher. But I hope I can find a little bit of time to play it before December (which is when I'll actually have free time).

Oh, while I'm thinking about it, does anyone know who's playing DiZ?

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

I'm a sophomore in college this year, and it's only going to get tougher. But I hope I can find a little bit of time to play it before December (which is when I'll actually have free time).

You mean Ansem? Corey Burton I believe.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

how old IS Christopher lee? I don't think he will be able to voice Diz forever. Maybe Corey Burton so just take over. He made eveerything sound epic in the trailer. imo

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Corey Burton. skyfoxx said it :D

And Yay! Sophomore year! :D Pre-Med sounds hard. I'm too buy with my psychology and art history, but I'll find time to play KH!

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I'm a Junior in High School and already passed all my hard classes. By the time I'm a Senior, all my classes will be English and electives 0_0

I already answered your question about Diz and you ignored it? I FEEL OFFENDED! (kidding)
He's played by Corey Burton (AKA guy who plays everyone).

I feel stupid now, that was what 3 posts above mine. >_<

*hides.

You feel stupid for posting a comment similar to mine? lol, I'd hardly call that stupid.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

I'm a Junior in High School and already passed all my hard classes. By the time I'm a Senior, all my classes will be English and electives 0_0

I already answered your question about Diz and you ignored it? I FEEL OFFENDED! (kidding)
He's played by Corey Burton (AKA guy who plays everyone).

OH GAWD YOU ALL MAKE ME FEEL LIKE AN OLD LADY.

Corey Burton's playing him? Aw man. D:

Wheels

That trailer gives me the motivation I need to finish off my Aqua cosplay XD That, and my con is this weekend XD

Anyways, I think Lee would've been better, but I'm not complaining, because Burton still sounds pretty good. It makes me wonder what we're going to have for the launch trailer, if we just got an edited TGS(Or Jump Festa? I don't remember) trailer. But I'm now even more pumped for this game =D

Edit: I'm in my second last year of school(Grade 11 Aus terms) I'm not sure what that translates to in American terms XD What year are you in when you turn 17? Cause that's the year I'm in XD

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

It makes me wonder what we're going to have for the launch trailer, if we just got an edited TGS(Or Jump Festa? I don't remember) trailer. But I'm now even more pumped for this game =D

Edit: I'm in my second last year of school(Grade 11 Aus terms) I'm not sure what that translates to in American terms XD What year are you in when you turn 17? Cause that's the year I'm in XD

I'm curious about the "Release trailer" as well. It may end up being a commercial saying "BBS is released now!" or something.

Second last year of school? That would make you a... junior I believe. In America, this is how it works:

Freshmen = 9th grade
Sophomore = 10th grade
Junior = 11th grade
Senior = 12th grade (final year of high school)

Does this help?

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

That trailer gives me the motivation I need to finish off my Aqua cosplay XD That, and my con is this weekend XD

Anyways, I think Lee would've been better, but I'm not complaining, because Burton still sounds pretty good. It makes me wonder what we're going to have for the launch trailer, if we just got an edited TGS(Or Jump Festa? I don't remember) trailer. But I'm now even more pumped for this game =D

I was a junior in high school when I was 17 - grade 11. You all make me feel as old as MX. D:

We pretty much got a dubbed Jump Festa trailer, though by the general consensus, this is pretty much what we've been wanting since the E3 trailer came out.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

OH GAWD YOU ALL MAKE ME FEEL LIKE AN OLD LADY.

Corey Burton's playing him? Aw man. D:

(I'm a sophomore this year too. Class of '09, '13.)

I know. It is a big bummer. Makes no sense for Lee to do a small game like Days then skip over BBS.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

(I'm a sophomore this year too. Class of '09, '13.)

I know. It is a big bummer. Makes no sense for Lee to do a small game like Days then skip over BBS.

It just messes up the voice continuity. It kinda irks me, but I'll get over it.

I would say something here about Ansem SOD switching VAs too and thus also messing up voice continuity, but I think we've mentioned those two enough in this thread. XD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It just messes up the voice continuity. It kinda irks me, but I'll get over it.

I would say something here about Ansem SOD switching VAs too and thus also messing up voice continuity, but I think we've mentioned those two enough in this thread. XD

Yeah. Lest we start the Billy Zane event again.

Wheels

I'm curious about the "Release trailer" as well. It may end up being a commercial saying "BBS is released now!" or something.

Second last year of school? That would make you a... junior I believe. In America, this is how it works:

Freshmen = 9th grade
Sophomore = 10th grade
Junior = 11th grade
Senior = 12th grade (final year of high school)

Does this help?

Ahh,thanks ^_^ Yep, I'd be a junior =D

And I agree, with MomentoMori, I wish they'd stop changing his VA :/ I guess it's not their fault though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back