• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

they sound fake, which is their intention.

still other than organizatoin, the heroes, everyone sounds depressed. and if the game is depressing than it's only because of the VA's made it that way.

Depressing story ain't got nothin' to do with it either, nope.

And this is going back to what I said about people sounding different when they voice act. I know I posted this video in this thread before, but I'm bringing it up again to show how different an actor can sound depending on the character, and this is one of the best examples I could think of.

[video=youtube;Ip8LWmmmAJw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip8LWmmmAJw[/video]

Allister Rose

French Lover

Depressing story ain't got nothin' to do with it either, nope.

And this is going back to what I said about people sounding different when they voice act. I know I posted this video in this thread before, but I'm bringing it up again to show how different an actor can sound depending on the character, and this is one of the best examples I could think of.

[video=youtube;Ip8LWmmmAJw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip8LWmmmAJw[/video]
yeah i know, but i'm just saying these people should really practice a little harder. and yes the first sentence you said actually supports what i'm saying. that they all sound depressed despite the story.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

yeah i know, but i'm just saying these people should really practice a little harder. and yes the first sentence you said actually supports what i'm saying. that they all sound depressed despite the story.

I was being sarcastic in my first statement. :|

Well, when you don't have much to go on, you don't have much to go on, and as I said, this was Willa's first time as a VA, and VAs have it harder than film/TV/stage actors, because they only have their voice to rely on. Some are better at it than others, I'll be the first to admit it.

Allister Rose

French Lover

I was being sarcastic in my first statement. :|

Well, when you don't have much to go on, you don't have much to go on, and as I said, this was Willa's first time as a VA, and VAs have it harder than film/TV/stage actors, because they only have their voice to rely on. Some are better at it than others, I'll be the first to admit it.
true, but the thing is it's all perspective. especially when they're an actor. because it's basically practicing for the real thing but without cameras.

anyways....depressing story is one thing but kh isn't depressing 24/7 so it's not as understandable as you say. that's one thing kh english does, they make an intimate moment a little more depressing. and it'snot because a scene is depressing, they just have that depressing.

Wheels

The only game I felt WASN'T depressing in the KH saga was KHII, and that was only because of the ending. As for practice, they have no time, otherwise people complain about the English release date. You can't give them much information, in case they go off and spoil it. As for VAing, I think it's a mix of experience and raw talent. In the few trailers she's been in, Willa has quite obviously improved. And again, she's an actress. She suddenly has to go from using her whole body to express emotion, to just a voice. It's incredibly hard to pull it off and make it sound natural

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

true, but the thing is it's all perspective. especially when they're an actor. because it's basically practicing for the real thing but without cameras.

anyways....depressing story is one thing but kh isn't depressing 24/7 so it's not as understandable as you say. that's one thing kh english does, they make an intimate moment a little more depressing. and it'snot because a scene is depressing, they just have that depressing.

It's not practice; it's a job. It's harder to act using *just* your voice and nothing else. And about 99% of the time, you're the only one in the recording booth. You usually don't interact with the other members of the cast, so it's not like there's another cast member there you can rely on for cues and such.

Yes, it's as understandable as I say. The overall tone of KH is depressing. The overall storyline of KH is depressing. KH is a depressing game. It's fun and it has its lighthearted moments, sure, but overall? Yeah, it's depressing.

Allister Rose

French Lover

The only game I felt WASN'T depressing in the KH saga was KHII, and that was only because of the ending. As for practice, they have no time, otherwise people complain about the English release date. You can't give them much information, in case they go off and spoil it. As for VAing, I think it's a mix of experience and raw talent. In the few trailers she's been in, Willa has quite obviously improved. And again, she's an actress. She suddenly has to go from using her whole body to express emotion, to just a voice. It's incredibly hard to pull it off and make it sound natural

one moment of happiness didn't overrule the constant depression of sora along with random anger management problems. kairi sounded even more depressed and so did riku along with roxas which i feel is the only one to actually have the right to, but the good thing about roxas is that he was also the only one that i felt the "happiness" moments off of him.

and willa only imporved on the "No emotion" parts. the ones with emotion i'm still waiting on. she sounds a bit raspy in the gameplay. i could actually hear her hold back when she does try to add emotion though

Sempied

I'll use a quote from a little voice actor known as Scott Mcneil (Duo Maxwell - Gundam Wing) "Voice acting isn't just about having a good, or bad voice, it what your P.O.V. of it, mixed with new elements to acting for a character that your given to flesh out." Voice acting, and acting are 2 entire different things (I'm also in a theater class now at my local university, and can heavily assure this.)

While it's been bled dry that it's Willa's VA first time, it's also her first time to get into the voice acting world, and her chaacter, and considering those facts it could've took her a bit to fully kick into the role.

I'm still on the David Boreanz, and Fuurry Terra idea. While David seems to most recognizable/latter.

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I'm kinda thinking Terra's David Kaye now :/ i may be way off but still I can hear it...sorta in that video posted above

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

I'm kinda thinking Terra's David Kaye now :/ i may be way off but still I can hear it...sorta in that video posted above

I'm torn between David Kaye and David Boreanaz, which is why I posted those videos that I did. I still think that, if it's not Boreanaz, Kaye is a definite possibility.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I'm torn between David Kaye and David Boreanaz, which is why I posted those videos that I did. I still think that, if it's not Boreanaz, Kaye is a definite possibility.

Hopefully its Kaye cuz I kinda liked his Sesshomaru.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3

I think Terra's voice actor is Steve Burton or sephiroth's VA. he sounded JUST like them in the demo I played at comic con.

sonickenshin

Awards

I don't think it's either of them....just a guy who sounds like a mix of them....

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I think Terra's voice actor is Steve Burton or sephiroth's VA. he sounded JUST like them in the demo I played at comic con.

I agree. I never been to the comic con event but on every video I've seen on ENG Terra, it does sound like Steve Burton.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't think it is Steve Burton. I wasn't at Comic Con but I feel like it could be an actor who can talk like Steve and George (Lol Superman).

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3

Yup. Wait... Steve Burton is cloud's VA right? Well yeah that guy. And Steve Burton.(just in case Steve Burton isn't his voice actor.)

But oh my god, if anyone ever saw the Toyota prius hybrid commercial with sephiroths voice actor..lol.. yeah that's what Terra sounded like for a moment... lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yup. Wait... Steve Burton is cloud's VA right? Well yeah that guy. And Steve Burton.(just in case Steve Burton isn't his voice actor.)

But oh my god, if anyone ever saw the Toyota prius hybrid commercial with sephiroths voice actor..lol.. yeah that's what Terra sounded like for a moment... lol.

I remember that commercial! And I just looked it up too. OMFG! I didn't know Geroge Newbern did that!

Anyways, yes Steve Burton is Cloud.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3

Wow I love George newborns voice. And sephiroth is hot Hehe.

Wait Steve Burton also did snow villers from ft13 right? Wow.. I can't imagine it..they're so different.. oh my god..

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Wow I love George newborns voice. And sephiroth is hot Hehe.

Wait Steve Burton also did snow villers from ft13 right? Wow.. I can't imagine it..they're so different.. oh my god..

No, that's Troy Baker who was Snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back