• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Does anyone else get the feeling that birth by sleep's plot is like an upgraded and different version of Revenge of the Sith

I felt that a LOOOOONG time ago.
(WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
[video=youtube;dSGwF-T7KT8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSGwF-T7KT8[/video]
This scene in particular gave me a Star Wars vibe. And you'll see why in this re-dub ;)

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Also would anyone think that the VA would be closer to Terra age, like what SE/Disney has done for all the other characters?

That's what I'm hoping for. I like the fact that Kingdom Hearts generally avoids "Dawson Casting" (as TV Tropes calls it).

sonickenshin

Awards

Behold... these users used to be full of dignity... united with the comments in the forum... on this single thread, fanboys and haters were locked in useless combat! As the great VA war RAGED!!!

Yeah, I think this sumarizes the entire thread.
I see what you did there, chief.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

I felt that a LOOOOONG time ago.
(WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
[video=youtube;dSGwF-T7KT8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSGwF-T7KT8[/video]
This scene in particular gave me a Star Wars vibe. And you'll see why in this re-dub ;)

Did you see the video I posted above? My mom thought they were doing a remake of a Star Wars game - she didn't realize it was just a KH parody.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Did you see the video I posted above? My mom thought they were doing a remake of a Star Wars game - she didn't realize it was just a KH parody.

As soon as I posted the comment, I saw the trailer you posted.

And lol that she thought it was a Star Wars remake XD
We should've seen this coming when we saw Xemnas with lightsabers XD

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Sorry for the lack of knowledge, but what are "Dawson casting"? I'm assuming it's casting people who are way older/younger than their character?

I linked it in that post. ;)

But, yeah, it's essentially the a phrase used to describe the Hollywood tendency to cast high schoolers (and teenagers in general) as 25ish year old actors, to avoid the hassle of dealing with school and the inability for the actors to legally do sex scenes. >_>;

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I linked it in that post. ;)

But, yeah, it's essentially the a phrase used to describe the Hollywood tendency to cast high schoolers (and teenagers in general) as 25ish year old actors, to avoid the hassle of dealing with school and the inability for the actors to legally do sex scenes. >_>;

Ah I see.

I never liked that form of casting. I would always find it dumb when I see high schools in movies and in the background I would see people who's age range from 20 - 50.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

[video=youtube;o90y7aiZBzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o90y7aiZBzY&playnext_from=TL&videos=YXTt-1kq3-U[/video]

[video=youtube;3ScYdbJbYME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ScYdbJbYME&playnext_from=TL&videos=ZYi6HpUpEVY[/video]

[video=youtube;ula6WiMd6nU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ula6WiMd6nU&feature=related[/video]
this guy should play the hag.

Locksmith13

I found this clip on you tube and I thought it was very interesting. I was surprised because it contained one scene for terra and ventus that i had not heard in English before.

[video=youtube;7DB6jPy8IHA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DB6jPy8IHA&NR=1[/video]

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I found this clip on you tube and I thought it was very interesting. I was surprised because it contained one scene for terra and ventus that i had not heard in English before.

[video=youtube;7DB6jPy8IHA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DB6jPy8IHA&NR=1[/video]

Already saw this. And you never saw the English scenes before? They were in the E3 trailer and in the demo gameplay clips that's been posted in atleast 4 threads now. Anyway, for me (even though I know I'll probably get hatemail or a major argument will happen):

Terra: English
Aqua: Both
Ventus: Both
Eraqus: English
Master Xehanort: English
Vanitas: Japanese

R

Rooster Cogburn

Already saw this. And you never saw the English scenes before? They were in the E3 trailer and in the demo gameplay clips that's been posted in atleast 4 threads now. Anyway, for me (even though I know I'll probably get hatemail or a major argument will happen):

Terra: English
Eraqus: English
Master Xehanort: English
Vanitas: Japanese

Hm, I agree on one.
Heres mine.

Terra - Jap
Aqua - Jap
Ven - Both
Eraqus - English
MX - Jap (I need to hear more of Nimoy first some parts sounded bad some good.)
Vanitas - Jap

R

Rooster Cogburn

^Nope

I don't care for most Japanese things.
I only like some of their games.

You think English cast is better?

sonickenshin

Awards

Shouldn't you guys be doing the voting thing after the game comes out?

Sempied

I died that someone really did this. The only thing I enjoyed in that video was hearing Stitch in japanese, compared to me loling of Mickey in japanese when I first heard him in KH1.

BOT I'll digress:
Terra: English (Okiayu sounds.....odd?)
Ven: Both (Koki is also one of favorite seiyuus)
Aqua: Japanese (I know Willa is trying, but as of this point Megumi is still higher until I see more of Willa)
Vanitas: Japanese (Until I hear him pull off his crazy side.)
Eraqus: English (Different, but Mark Hamill knows what he's doing)
Master Xehanort: English (He actually sounds like a dying old man instead of a 40 year old choking on ham to try to say something for him in japanese)
Mickey: English (I lol to hard when I hear his japanese, and i'm basing this on Bret Iwan's other work to)
Stitch: English (Same thing as Mickey, except I loled off my chair/I just added him for kicks.)

Awards

I don't mind Aqua's voice, the "unbreakable connection" line was the only one that seemed bad to me. I don't understand why nobody likes Terra's voice, he sounds more his age than he did in the japanese version. I like MX's voice, i didn't at first, but im used to it now. Ven sounds fine in both English and Japanese, same with Vanitas. As for ME, I think I'm like the only one that's not crazy about his voice. Idk, ME reminds me of like a samurai, and Mark Hamill's voice just doesn't seem right for that part, but I'm sure it could be worse.

Some of the voices I'm looking forward to are Snow White and Aurora's voices, cuz they really haven't had voice actors since their movies came out. I also wonder if Jennifer Hale who is Cinderella's voice in the current movies is gonna reprise her. I'm also REALLY looking forward to Maleficent. I love her english voice, it's so evil. lol And I love how she doesn't use basic words for things. Like in KH2 when she told Oogie Boogie, "You'll rue the day you spurned my help!" I love that she talks like that. It's perfect for her. I'm also EXTREMELY eager to hear Ven and Vanitas' voice together when Vanitas posesses Ven. I hope they did a good job together.

αsiя

space coke

Terra: JAP
Vanitas: JAP
ME: Both
MX: ENG

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

Does anyone know who is voicing 15 year old Kairi?
Because I believe someone asked Allison Stoner on her Twitter account if she is voicing Kairi in Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep and she said "I should"
I'm thinking, if that was recently, then she isn't voicing her because I heard Voice recording was finished in March.

So Hayden could come back and reprise her role as Kairi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back