• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► The LGBT Help and Support Thread (v3)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
go right on ahead. i've got time.

btw, i think my dad might know about me being bi.

he has hinted at it jokingly in the past, but still....
If he did know, do you think he would be okay with it?
Ugh, my parents wouldn't like it if I turned lesbian. I'm a little bi, but mainly straight, and that's where I lean.
I'm sort of in the same situation as you, my dad's slowly finding out I'm atheist.

Shuri

I'm a little bi, but mainly straight, and that's where I lean.
Oh, gosh. Not to come down on you or anything (whatever floats your boat and all that), but this totally reminds me of a conversation I had with my friend a couple of months ago. He was telling me how he went to this party and received his first BJ from some random guy there and how much he liked it; he then proceeds to tell me he doesn't think he's gay. A couple of weeks ago I was staying with him (he moved) and we somehow started discussing homosexuality. It may sound stupid, but I have a pretty intuitive sense about people and their sexual orientations (lol, gaydar), and we were talking about that, and he was all, "So, do you think I'm gay?" And I look at him and said yes and he jolted and looked really uncomfortable, like, where could I ever have gotten that idea from?

I don't know why, but personally, it just really pisses me off. I mean, I don't mind if people don't admit their sexuality to others, but when they won't even admit it to themselves...call me heartless, but I just have no sympathy for them. I've always considered self-respect to be the highest priority and when people are sitting on the fence, to me, it feels like they're copping out. I know that isn't always the case and I definitely have to work on that, and I'm not like Perez Hilton where I go and tell the world I think this person is gay and then it inevitably turns out to be true, but sometimes I wish I could just slap some people I've met. The whole "I have sex with people of the same gender but I'm not gay thing" is so sleezy. It's like I'm listening to Roy Cohn's "Hung Up on Words" monologue from Angels in America on repeat.

Anyway, like I said, no offense intended towards you, but I guess I just needed to vent that.

Shuri/Eli

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
If he did know, do you think he would be okay with it?
Ugh, my parents wouldn't like it if I turned lesbian. I'm a little bi, but mainly straight, and that's where I lean.
I'm sort of in the same situation as you, my dad's slowly finding out I'm atheist.

he'd be much more okay with it than my mom.

Shuri

I don't know; it just felt like an appropriate question to ask considering I fail to see how someone can have sex with members of the same sex and not be gay. "Gay" being a catch-all term that refers to anyone with same-sex attractions, regardless of whether or not they also have opposite-sex attractions.

Shuri

Lol. I don't consider "Gay" a catch-all.
Oh, I see what you did there. Clever.
Gay describes a wide range of people, to me. I mean, we already have the word "homosexual" to define people with only same-gender preferences. Plus, it's just too weird using LGBT every time I refer to a general group of people with same-sex attractions. xD
But, anyway, you kind of proved my point in a round-a-bout way.

Shuri/Eli

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I don't know; it just felt like an appropriate question to ask considering I fail to see how someone can have sex with members of the same sex and not be gay. "Gay" being a catch-all term that refers to anyone with same-sex attractions, regardless of whether or not they also have opposite-sex attractions.

the term is "bisexual".

and there are those who think they can kiss or get BJs from other guys and still not have any same sex tendencies.

Shuri

the term is "bisexual".

and there are those who think they can kiss or get BJs from other guys and still not have any same sex tendencies.
Yes, but "bisexual" only defines people of same-sex and opposite-sex attractions. I was speaking about LGBT people. It's just easier to use gay. God damn semantics.

OK, but I think they're wrong.

TheFreeshooterII

Finally My Best Friend Who Ive Known all My Life, Last Night When He Stayed over i told Him How I Felt About Him and He Felt The Same too I Was so Happy as i Secretly Truly Loved him for Years, i was so Happy, We Kissed and Hugged Eachother Id Never Felt So Happy :D

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
Finally My Best Friend Who Ive Known all My Life, Last Night When He Stayed over i told Him How I Felt About Him and He Felt The Same too I Was so Happy as i Secretly Truly Loved him for Years, i was so Happy, We Kissed and Hugged Eachother Id Never Felt So Happy :D

Do you have a screwdriver handy? If so, use it to pull out the shift key please.

And as for what you were saying, Shuri, I think people put too much emphasis on labels these days. Many times it's not as clean cut as straight, gay, and bi. There are different levels of attraction, and different types of attraction. I know one friend of mine who is gay but does like to kiss girls, even though he'd never go any farther with it. Another friend is straight but he likes kissing guys, but he doesn't consider himself gay or bi.

Sexuality is a lot more complex than people try to make it out to be.

C

Crossroads

Do you have a screwdriver handy? If so, use it to pull out the shift key please.

And as for what you were saying, Shuri, I think people put too much emphasis on labels these days. Many times it's not as clean cut as straight, gay, and bi. There are different levels of attraction, and different types of attraction. I know one friend of mine who is gay but does like to kiss girls, even though he'd never go any farther with it. Another friend is straight but he likes kissing guys, but he doesn't consider himself gay or bi.

Sexuality is a lot more complex than people try to make it out to be.

Sounds like they're both bi to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back