• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Father

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
In other words, if God is a girl/hermaphrodite/whatever, He's staying a guy in most people's eyes, as that's what they've learned.

Or maybe God is a myth, but it's staying as truth in your eyes, as that's what you've learned.

sephy 9 2 5

So, in Christian religions, people refer to God as the Father.

God is what you percieve the essence to be. It's a man's world in a sense and many thing are referred to a masculine point of view. Will it change anything if we know God's gender? No.

But, why do people worship the Father?

People need an icon to lead, guide them, and find some way to explain the unexplained when t relates to worshipping. Everything except the latter is true for everything else. People need leaders.

Isn't it that the father works, while the mother stay home, and takes care of the children. The mother also gave birth to the children in the first place.

Where are you getting all this mother from? According to what we know or choose to believe there was no mother. And if God can supposedly do things normal men can't do then why are you now holding God to the same standard when it comes to reproducing?

And children don't love their father more then their mother, or vice virsa. Sure, you could like one more, but not love one more. So why don't Christians worship both a father AND mother?

What? That made no sense. You like one more but don't love one more? But anyway you can't apply that to every situation because there are people out there who hate their mother and like their father. So c'mon. That statement doesn't hold up.

Why do you have to be equal to both sides? So your saying because she contributed to a birth that she should now be respected the same way?
Whoever this enity you believe in is had to have done more than that to be considered equal.

The way it goes God created everything so she must be included.

Again what are we gaining from the knowledge of God's gender?

If God is a he, she, it or whatever it doesn't matter. The only thing important is how God somehow has become a figure whom many respect and if this figure was a mere myth why has the memory carried with the human race so long?

sephy 9 2 5

Is my belief in God as wavering as my belief in his gender? Yup.

Did you not read the entire thread? As we said before, some religions believe that there IS a "Heavenly Mother".

Lmao. Yes I did and that's why I asked where. I'm asking of where he/she got such information. Maybe someone could provide a link. If not oh well. I've never heard of any religion until now including such claims.

Some religions believe Jesus and Mary Magdeline had a child so one assumes the bloodline lives among us to this day. So what....

A minority view on things means nothing substantial. You can't prove that anymore or likely any where close to the belief that God is a male. And since all the people have to go on is a book that was written according to the disciple's accounts that's what will determine whose right and whose wrong.

Many christians of the past, like who?

You speak of only one aspect of what God did that goes with your arguement. There are many things God is said to do that are not woman like.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
A majority view on things does not make it true either.

However in that respect, Christian is bull, because they are the minority worldwide.

sephy 9 2 5

A majority view on things does not make it true either.

That is why I said you can not prove it any more than a majority belief. And since it isn't anywhere close to what everyone else believes in; in a sense their claim is fact while your claim is not. Unfortunately that is how things work.

However in that respect, Christian is bull, because they are the minority worldwide.

Maybe it is but you took the comment out of proportion.

Alaude Drenxta

There were no defined proportions. You said something in the minority view is deemed false, correct?

Then the Christian faith is false.

It's called logical reasoning, I didn't have to over-inflate it, merely connect the dots.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
That is why I said you can not prove it any more than a majority belief. And since it isn't anywhere close to what everyone else believes in; in a sense their claim is fact while your claim is not. Unfortunately that is how things work.

So because they arn't jumping off the bridge that dosn't make them cool? What facts do you have to suport your claim? Please, no BS arguments -_-

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
If God is a he, she, it or whatever it doesn't matter. The only thing important is how God somehow has become a figure whom many respect and if this figure was a mere myth why has the memory carried with the human race so long?

It will live as long as the human fear of death and loneliness lives. Humans are social creatures, and we have survival instinct. We are terified of being alone, and we are terrified of our ultimate fate. So we create a way to solve both of the problems: God.

Alaude Drenxta

And since it isn't anywhere close to what everyone else believes in; in a sense their claim is fact while your claim is not. Unfortunately that is how things work.

Sorry for catching this part late, my bull detector just went off.

No, that is not how things work. All scientific advancements were come to terms by the minority, introduced to the majority, and they were forced to beleive it. Did the entire population of the Earth check to see if the Earth's surface was infact round? No. They were told by their superiors it was true and forced to beleive it.

Just because a large group beleives something does not make it any more true than if a small group beleived it. That claim is complete crap, and you should be slapped for it. =O

Plus, like I said; you just said Christianity is a lie. You've basically made it impossible for the Christian faith to be true with that statement, glad to see you're so closed-minded. :/

sephy 9 2 5

So because they arn't jumping off the bridge that dosn't make them cool? What facts do you have to suport your claim? Please, no BS arguments -_-

My facts are that everytime in history when someone presented a different view on things the people among them in turn shunned them for being at the time radical. Have you ever heard of Galileo, Columbus, MLK, etc? They made a claim but the majority of people didn't agree with them so obviously they were thought to be false claims. I don't see where you don't understand.

Breaking Point said:
No, that is not how things work. All scientific advancements were come to terms by the minority, introduced to the majority, and they were forced to beleive it. Did the entire population of the Earth check to see if the Earth's surface was infact round? No. They were told by their superiors it was true and forced to beleive it.

Lmao so do you know at the time who was right and who was wrong? So what did you miss? It must be based off what you said and what I've said prior that's how things work.

Breaking Point said:
Just because a large group beleives something does not make it any more true than if a small group beleived it. That claim is complete crap, and you should be slapped for it. =O
Breaking Point said:
Plus, like I said; you just said Christianity is a lie. You've basically made it impossible for the Christian faith to be true with that statement, glad to see you're so closed-minded. :/

No I didn’t you said that but in any case what more people believe will always outweigh what fewer people believe. Oh and read the following:

A minority view can not be proven anymore than a majority’s.
(Note that I said this quite a long time before you.) =O

I assume you'll slap yourself for that. ^ So what are you arguing?

Again if you didn’t catch it what the majority believes is taken into a higher regard unlike minority and is “fact” in a sense. This is what occurs until proven otherwise. Check history if you don't think so. Many of the ideas that we know that are fact today were obviously false in the past. And contrary to your belief that’s always been the case and will continue to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back