• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Father

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
No, but every male must have a Y-chromosome to be one. Does God have this?

Chaotic_Countess

Website
www.freewebs.com
Alright.

This was meant more for people who interpt it more literaly, as I have ran across many that have.

And for another thing, I'm a girl.

I thought CountESS might be a tip off. D:

And besides, before science came along people took the bible VERY literaly.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Apparently, you have met many people who think God has a penis.

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
we refer to God to as the Father of mankind because he made the first humen there is a diference between your dad and the Father and your mother. here is a joke some scientist said i can do anything so God said creat a person out o dirt so the scientist picked up some dirt but then God said No put that down thats mine creat your own dirt. HAHHA

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
o_O Wow. I need to start looking at these threads more often if this is all you guys do.

Firstly. I have heard of people call God the Mother. It's a preference. No one has proof that God has masculine features, and there is no proof that God has femine features. <-<

Secondly. As for why they used Father is because back in Bible Times, a person was referred to as a male. They did it then and we're only just now starting to say "he or she did this" if we don't know what their gender is. So, back then in Bible Times, the authors referred to God as masculine because that was what they did. God never told them what the gender is probably because God doesn't want to say that for instance, since he's male that means males are better, or if she's female that females are better. I'm betting God doesn't have a gender and we just use "he" or "the father" because that's what we grew up learning.

Could we stop acting immature for at least a few minutes though? <-<

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Secondly. As for why they used Father is because back in Bible Times, a person was referred to as a male. They did it then and we're only just now starting to say "he or she did this" if we don't know what their gender is. So, back then in Bible Times, the authors referred to God as masculine because that was what they did. God never told them what the gender is probably because God doesn't want to say that for instance, since he's male that means males are better, or if she's female that females are better. I'm betting God doesn't have a gender and we just use "he" or "the father" because that's what we grew up learning.

You're sure that Hebrew has no neutral pronouns?

Could we stop acting immature for at least a few minutes though? <-<

How is talking about male anatomy when the subject is the gender of a being immature?

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Well I don't think God has a gender, but if "God was not the Father AKA seen as male" then wouldn't God be called Goddess then =/ That's just what I thought anyways. I don't know why God is seen as a man or the father, maybe some insecurities in the Church about worshiping a "female God AKA Goddess" or something I don't know and when I really think about it I don't really care either way.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
I asked him not to read it THAT literally.

Why shouldn't he? That IS what it says, is it not?
Who told you it wasn't literal?
Please, cite your sources and their credibility.

Please, don't tell me you believe in that blond hair, blue eyes crap. Jesus was a bronxe-skinned man, resembling a middle eastern figure. That is what I believe, anyways, seeing as how that is the only idea I can come up with that matches the setting of the time.

What I beleive is irrelevant.
Where's your proof or information for beleiving this?
A beleif is a beleif.
Acting like you KNOW is arrogant in a situation with infinite possibility.

wouldn't God be called Goddess then

Good point.
Nonetheless, the male ego wrote the Bible.
Can't get around that.

Funky Bear

Sexy Chocolate
First off God is a man,and I doubt everyone would call him the holy father If he wasn't a guy,Jesus would call him mother,instead.The reason he's called the father is also because he gave birth to everyone so generally he's supposed to be called the father.

Last edited:

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
He's a bronze skinned man, not the white person he's portrayed as in some places.

Most jews are white.

Proof please?

because he gave birth to everyone so generally he's supposed to be called the father.

Why do you even COME to the discussion boards?

Fathers don't give birth. >_>
I don't know who lied to you, but daddy didn't carry you for 9 months buddy.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
As for Jesus, he was born in the Middle East. As a Jew. <-< He's a bronze skinned man, not the white person he's portrayed as in some places.

Jesus was black, not 'bronze'. D : He's even described with kinky curly hair! (A.K.A. Jewel's hair from Pulp Fiction)

...Anyways, in reply to the first post:

Christianity was made by sexist noblemen. Simple as that.

Chaotic_Countess

Website
www.freewebs.com
A harsh generalization that I would not expect YOU of all people to state, Chaos. My God, do you not realize that some of our best friends are Mormon?

I can't believe you'd say that.

Besides... Akira is a heck of a lot smarter than I am.

Chaos is a blunt little thing.

And, while there are exceptions, Mormans tend to ignore the world around them.

My whole Father's side of the family is VERY religious. But, they care more for religion then common sense.

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
Chaos is a blunt little thing.

And, while there are exceptions, Mormans tend to ignore the world around them.

My whole Father's side of the family is VERY religious. But, they care more for religion then common sense.

It wouldn't kill you to put a "Most" before a statement like that, then.

But it's true, when it comes to religion, it's always a "My way or the highway" deal. People aren't gonna change what they've kept for so long.

In other words, if God is a girl/hermaphrodite/whatever, He's staying a guy in most people's eyes, as that's what they've learned.

Chaotic_Countess

Website
www.freewebs.com
It wouldn't kill you to put a "Most" before a statement like that, then.

But it's true, when it comes to religion, it's always a "My way or the highway" deal. People aren't gonna change what they've kept for so long.

In other words, if God is a girl/hermaphrodite/whatever, He's staying a guy in most people's eyes, as that's what they've learned.

Fine. Try to replace my crazy English teacher. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back