• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Father

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic_Countess

Website
www.freewebs.com
So, in Christian religions, people refer to God as the Father.

But, why do people worship the Father?

Isn't it that the father works, while the mother stay home, and takes care of the children. The mother also gave birth to the children in the first place.

And children don't love their father more then their mother, or vice virsa. Sure, you could like one more, but not love one more. So why don't Christians worship both a father AND mother?

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
God has no gender. He created gender for the purpose of reproduction. The Bible simply refers to him in the masculine gender since the English langauge places the masculine form as the one to use if gender is not known or not there. IE, you see a paper written by someone, but don't know who. You'd say, "That person did very well on this paper. He put a lot of time into it."

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
God has no gender. He created gender for the purpose of reproduction. The Bible simply refers to him in the masculine gender since the English langauge places the masculine form as the one to use if gender is not known or not there. IE, you see a paper written by someone, but don't know who. You'd say, "That person did very well on this paper. He put a lot of time into it."

Says you. Some christian groups believe God has a wife, keeping her name a secret so it can't be slandered like his is.

=/ Don't know how true I believe that is, but once again, God's gender isn't something we'll know about until we die and confront him. IF he exists.

So why don't Christians worship both a father AND mother?

Because so far, God's alleged wife hasn't contributed much to our world. Either she isn't doing anything, or God decided he wants all the credit.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Well KK, that's in English. Can you say for certain there is no neutral pronoun in Hebrew?

Chaotic_Countess

Website
www.freewebs.com

You might say.

But I know lots of people believe God is actually a man.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
You know lots of people who think God has a penis and testosterone?

Chaotic_Countess

Website
www.freewebs.com
Kat: While that IS true, I talk to other people online and stuff. AND I USE TO LIVE IN TEXAS. So there. xD

Phoenix: Yes. They do.

And they still refer to him as 'The Father'.

And if he has no gender, why not 'The Mother'?

Ryu

an obscene gesture
You might say.

But I know lots of people believe God is actually a man.

Phoenix said:
You know lots of people who think God has a penis and testosterone?

Quoted for effectiveness.

Pretty much everyone who believes in God believes he is a spiritual being. Spiritual beings have no reproductive organs, and do not need them. God is being referred to as 'He' or 'Father' in the bible to make it easier for people to feel connected to him on a personal level.

And if he has no gender, why not 'The Mother'?

Then you'd ask the same about the 'Father'.

D

Desert Jesus

So, in Christian religions, people refer to God as the Father.

But, why do people worship the Father?

Isn't it that the father works, while the mother stay home, and takes care of the children. The mother also gave birth to the children in the first place.

And children don't love their father more then their mother, or vice virsa. Sure, you could like one more, but not love one more. So why don't Christians worship both a father AND mother?

How long did it take you to pull out that one? Try not to read the bible so unbelievably literal - God has no gender. The word "Father" is only used because now-a-days, we refer the word "Father" to our guardian, or protector.

But, I've talked to people who aren't morman who believe God is an actual male.

=/

Those are the types of people who go to a church for the first time, look at the Cruciixion, notice masculine features, then automatically believe he is male without having any background knowledge on the bible whatsoever.

Those are also the types of people who say Jesus was white.

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
Those are the types of people who go to a church for the first time, look at the Cruciixion, notice masculine features, then automatically believe he is male without having any background knowledge on the bible whatsoever.

No, these are the types of people who just happen to interpret the bible differently than you.

This I can't argue with. xD

They're also people who think Jesus wasn't a liberal.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Again, unless you find a bible verse that say "BEHOLD! I have the Y-chromosome!", then no.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
God has no gender

Well, since YOU know the correct way to read the Bible mr genious sir, please tell me how I SHOULD read the Bible. Because apparently, the way it was written is completely WRONG.

What else if false I wonder?

So what was he then, if you know so much?

We should be calling him "The Legal Guardian".

This is going into my quotes archive. XD

D

Desert Jesus

Well, since YOU know the correct way to read the Bible mr genious sir, please tell me how I SHOULD read the Bible. Because apparently, the way it was written is completely WRONG.

So, you know that the bible was meant to be read literally? It was my choice to not take everything so literally - The question he asked was completely stupid. In my opinion, it was a dumb question with little to no thought behind it. I asked him not to read it THAT literally.

Geez, you're a rude person. D:

So what was he then, if you know so much?

Please, don't tell me you believe in that blond hair, blue eyes crap. -_- Jesus was a bronxe-skinned man, resembling a middle eastern figure. That is what I believe, anyways, seeing as how that is the only idea I can come up with that matches the setting of the time.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I asked him not to read it THAT literally.

As opposed to taking the difficult parts metaphorically and the pretty parts literally?

D

Desert Jesus

As opposed to taking the difficult parts metaphorically and the pretty parts literally?

You're right, literal is not the right word.

One of the ten commandments states to honour thy father and mother.

Also, it was one being who was portrayed as having masculine features. Father = masculinity.

I was off with using literal. But, hey, I read the question wrong. My bad. D'x

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm curious, what if you're raped by either of your parents? Does the commandment stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back