• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The End of Nintendo: Biased opinion or inevitable fact?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

文偉立

newb programmer
I didn't compare. You take away American profits from Nintendo (or any market for that matter) and a large chunk of their investments will plummet.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
yes but the point is that they're still making money from us but not half as much as from japan so even if they stop selling in america they're not going to die at least not any time soon

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Look, despite how much they rock, Nintendo is not fairing so well when it comes to consoles. The Gameboy is the only thing keeping them afloat. Nintendo's "censorship" is not causing their downfall. Their poor marketing, however, is.

GeneralChaos

You ever hear of a man known as David Gosen? Yeah, he used to be the head of marketing in Nintendo Europe. Know where he is now? Well, last I heard he was the marketing director for the N-Gage. So, if you are wondering what the hell my point is, it is that SQ will have all of Europe backing him. 'Poor marketing' is hardly the word for it. For the longest time we (including a few of my friends) thought that idiot was an undercover spy working for Microsoft, determined to keep Nintendo from doing well in Europe. The SOB did one helluva good job, thats for sure.

文偉立

newb programmer
Square Ninja said:
Nintendo's "censorship" is not causing their downfall.

I don't recall really stating it was. Perhaps it is their old tradtions to prevent them from 'catching it the times' but I never said it would hinder them.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Sora Shade said:
yes but the point is that they're still making money from us but not half as much as from japan so even if they stop selling in america they're not going to die at least not any time soon

I'm soo right.. . .

Keyblade user

Website
www.fictionpress.com
Like so many others have said this is definitly not the end for nintendo, frankly I think 360 will be the last Xbox. The only thing Microsoft thinks of is graphics and power, fact is thoes are the only differences between 360 and the original Xbox. Also the only reason people bought Xbox was for Halo and DOA. Other than thoes you can get almost any other quality games on another (cheaper) system.

Nintendo relies on kick ass gameplay and have always been the pioneers in new hardware ideas (D-pad, analogue stick, touch screen, and now a controller that is like a sword)

Another thing Nintendo and Sony have keeping them around is game liscenses Nintendo has Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and many others. Sony has Megaman X, DMC, Final Fantasy. While all Xbox has is Halo and DOA. Eventually DOA will be liscensed to PS2 so Xbox is going down hill FAST!

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Keyblade user said:
Sony has Megaman X, DMC, Final Fantasy.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love Mega Man as much as the next guy (probably moreso, actually), but it is in no way one of Sony's assets. Not only has Mega Man series' popularity waned over the last decade, but it's not even exclusive. Man, you are retarded.

Noblethe3rd

At college, seeking a higher education, and if I t
The Gameboy is the only thing keeping them afloat
Well, I have my doubts about that. Maybe I am wrong but I believe I heard that the PSP is leading in sales vs. the DS. If I am wrong fill me in but I would like to see some statistics on how they compare with each other.

An interesting thought that I have about handhelds though is whether or not the PSP and the DS are competiting with things such as the ipod or a PDA. I bring this up as the PSP does a lot of the same things as a PDA or an IPod but still works with cartridges and discs. Maybe I am stretching the connection but it would be interesting to see if the DS competes with other handheld devices.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Noblethe3rd said:
Well, I have my doubts about that. Maybe I am wrong but I believe I heard that the PSP is leading in sales vs. the DS. If I am wrong fill me in but I would like to see some statistics on how they compare with each other.

I haven't heard anything about how their sales figures compare, to be honest.

Noblethe3rd said:
An interesting thought that I have about handhelds though is whether or not the PSP and the DS are competiting with things such as the ipod or a PDA. I bring this up as the PSP does a lot of the same things as a PDA or an IPod but still works with cartridges and discs. Maybe I am stretching the connection but it would be interesting to see if the DS competes with other handheld devices.

Nintendo isn't out to make a multimedia PDA-sort of device, unlike Sony's PSP. People will always go to Nintendo when they want to play games.

Morridor

From all of the websites I've been to. And looking at all of the polls that have been done about all of this. The Revolution looks like the 2nd sought out system and is coming close to the PS3. Some websites were even looking at the Revolution as the 1rst sought out system. So I highly doubt Nintendo is going to drop out of the market. . .

Danny

Morridor

There was a poll on RPGamer.com a while ago. I obviously can't link it because it ended. But I remember the results. There were polls on Square Enix fan sites. There have been threads about it on numerous boards I go to. If you want a link, I guess I'll spend some time searching through the threads of my sites. But I'll wait for you to demand a link before I do that. It would take a while for me to find the link.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back