• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The End of Nintendo: Biased opinion or inevitable fact?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Niwa

挑戦 Dare
I think this topic is funny i think without nintendo there would be no innovative games or games at all
like the video game crash around 70's-90's ( iam not sure)
but without the NES being released i think we'd be screwed
Plus nintendo has already had an awesomely bad system (wonder by or something looked like a red BBG grill) but their still alive plus i think they should keep making child like fun games because i could play mario party for hours but i could only take so much of GTA...

EDIT- they really don't care about competitive review because you cannot satisfy everyone...

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I have big trust in the PS3 and the Revolution.

I have no interest whatsoever in the X360. I just don't like the arrogant attitude of Microsoft in the first place. I mean, that ruins is already. They're a copycat... a good copycat that is. But a good copycat thats arrogant is evillll in my opinion, lol.

文偉立

newb programmer
Dark Niwa said:
I think this topic is funny i think without nintendo there would be no innovative games or games at all

O.O ATARI WAS PURE INNOVATION! COMMODORE! SEGA!

Perhaps with Nintendo's dominance in the early console wars have allowed the company to survive and process third dimensional games but I doubt that they are the REASON that games have taken on 3D form.

Dark Niwa

挑戦 Dare
Wow that sentence loses power when taken out of context huh?
try the whole thing ;)

if all other companies were afraid of making a system that didn't sell their wouldn't be enough companies with the ball to say "yeah i'll spend millions on a release and games and only sell 10,000 units.."

But alas thats my opinion Nintendo brought us into gaming and i seriously doubt they will be the first out

I predict you'll argue with atari
but wheres your atari or sega now?

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I'm thinking that Microsoft wont last too long. I mean, besides Nintendo that made the consoles what they are (aside from Atari and Sega, but they didnt make it, sooo) Sony has proven to be a very good console maker with cool ideas like the PSP and the upcoming PS3...

Nintendo and Sony will survive in the end, Microsoft maybe, but Im not counting on it right now...

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
アクラ said:
They did?

Pretty much. The NES completely changed the way video games are. Before that it was just atari games which had no diverse levels. All it had were levels set up differently with the same mindset and more difficulty. When NES released it actually had a difference in locations (ex. Super Mario Brothers).

文偉立

newb programmer
New2Ya said:
I'm thinking that Microsoft wont last too long. I mean, besides Nintendo that made the consoles what they are

(aside from Atari and Sega, but they didnt make it, sooo)

So in prediction: Microsoft is doomed to face their fate as did Sega? Xbox = Sega reference?

I've seen actual fan WARS between Nintendo and Sega in the past. Sega "vanished" under Nintendo's constant determination for present outlook and appeals. Microsoft and Sony are constantly discovering each others' motives and in work for a counterattack for their own profit boost. Nintendo seems to just sit there, easing out and letting the competition run past them.

BTW, Mikail, I meant to type it as "THEY did?"

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
New2Ya said:
Sony has proven to be a very good console maker with cool ideas like the PSP and the upcoming PS3...

Sony doesn't have many great ideas. Sure, when they started off it seemed creative becuase they could play cds and later dvds. But now they are just repeating the same old things and adding more useless gaming items to it. PSP was a complete waste of a consol. The only thing the PSP is good for is mp3s and NES/SNES roms. Other than that it has movies. Which I'd rather watch movies on a big tv with a couch. It's games are horrible and the buttons are too close for their size for games like GTA where it causes too much a difficulty when playing.

文偉立

newb programmer
In my perspective, the graphics on the Gamecube are far over that of, let's say PS2 or XBox. SSBM, for example, takes away the limitations of the "block" effect of many games like GTA3 and adds smooth lines.

Nintendo does not seem to worry over the competitors' intentions. May it be that Nintendo really has given up or that they are being "suave" about it and not caring is unexposed.

Dark Niwa

挑戦 Dare
I also beiliev the X-box and sega are starting to seem simiar
i think nintendo feel (and they should) that there is nothing left to prove
X-box is trying to be big flashy and better than everyone else

I think Sony looks to nintendo for inspiration
like both with hand helds both with two of the first 3-d gaming consoles

I think Microsoft is just to late in the game and the flashiness i costing us big time

Neither of their releases have seems very different from the other
Why would the company with th best graphics as of ye decide "hey why not just make our fans spend more money to have the best graphics even though we are already ahead of the game
Their just pushing it too far

while SOny and nintendo seem to once again for the 3rd generation of 3-way competition to get rid of the third this time its just taking longer

lets just all think of the X-box like the dream cast
ahead of its time and pushing it too soon

Sorry if my post was unorganized i just don't feel like re-reading it lol

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
アクラ said:
In my perspective, the graphics on the Gamecube are far over that of, let's say PS2 or XBox. SSBM, for example, takes away the limitations of the "block" effect of many games like GTA3 and adds smooth lines.

GTA is also one of the ugliest games available for the PS2.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Square Ninja said:
GTA is also one of the ugliest games available for the PS2.
gta:sa looked very very very good actually. All the animations were perfect and the sceneries were amazing. I dont know what you think is all that ugly of the game...

As for Nintendo and Sony and Microsoft, Im getting the impression both Nintendo and Sony don't see Microsoft as a real rival. Not even now, when the 360 has been released for a long time.

Or that's a stupid mistake, or that's awesome if it turns out Sony and Nintendo do a better job.

But we'll see...:D

文偉立

newb programmer
Square, early projects on the GameCube already had top-notch graphics, did they not? Weren't the early projects of the PS2 had rather unrefined graphics (i.e. Xenosaga, GTA3, Spiderman the movie)?

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
The fact is Microsoft is not a Gaming business, it's just a heartless evil, Corpate Manifest of Stan, (Satans younger brother)

Noblethe3rd

At college, seeking a higher education, and if I t
As for Nintendo and Sony and Microsoft, Im getting the impression both Nintendo and Sony don't see Microsoft as a real rival. Not even now, when the 360 has been released for a long time.
Actually the truth is really that Nintendo AND Microsoft don't stand a chance against Sony. Sony trully has a chokehold on gaming community. If you really think Nintendo is doing good look at an article a man researched and posted on his website.
http://www.actsofgord.com/Proclamations/chapter01.html

and if you think Xbox is doing good... Think again
http://www.actsofgord.com/page46.html

Call my sources unstated or illigetimate but they are probably more informative then the biased remarks people make on the forums.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
It's true that Sony is dominating, but only Microsoft will go under if any do, it's the only company with virtually no Fanboys, no dedication, just a few decent games

Noblethe3rd

At college, seeking a higher education, and if I t
Did you even read the information on the link? Maybe you should stop dreaming of the past when Nintendo was king and look at the world now. SSBM was one of the few games that the Gamecube brought to us. All Nintendo has is its generic games, Mario, Zelda and a few others. It lacks the originality Microsoft strives for and the Fanbase and variety Sony has. Microsoft will not go down the toilet with the Xbox because Microsoft is a large corporation that handles gains and losses all flipping time. It knows how to handle competition.... If you know what I mean.....

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Microsoft strives for originality my ASS

Microsoft and originality shouldn't even be said in the same sentance unless it's something like "Microsoft sure lacks originality"

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Noblethe3rd said:
All Nintendo has is its generic games, Mario, Zelda and a few others.
"Generic" games Sony and Microsoft would not hesitate one second to commit genocide for.
originality Microsoft strives for
This is the dumbest comment I have ever seen on this forum. Ok, far from it, but it is still an utterly ridiculous statement. Pity it had to come from you, of all people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back