• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The End of Nintendo: Biased opinion or inevitable fact?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

文偉立

newb programmer
I believe the Mario Sports games are a sign of Nintendo's desperation at profit gains. Come on, Mario Football is out of hand and rumors have it Mario Volleyball is at its development stage.

It has been a while since a decent platformer came with Mario's title in it without some spinoff nonsensicle Mario themed video game such as Luigi's Mansion or the new Princess Peach DS game. Not having regard to the "remake" of Mario64 on the DS, Mario is just a symbol now.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I cant believe people are so disgraceful to Nintendo really.

I mean, I don't own a Nintendo console anymore, but I give all the respect for them I have in me. They are the ones that made the console.

Any revolutionary thing we have is from Nintendo. The vibration in the controllers, the analog sticks, etc etc. And now they come with the Revolution, another revolutionary thing, yes.

Nintendo wont die so easily.

文偉立

newb programmer
We don't hint any "disrespect" for Nintendo in anyways (not me anyways). We may have a slight concern over Nintendo's future, however. Though it has lasted over two decades of button mashing entertainment, its rivalry in the gaming market is far beyond that of, let's say: Sega.

Henskie

I'm Batman
Square Ninja said:
Backwards compatibility isn't innovation. Nintendo did that years ago with the Gameboy Color, and other companies have done similar things before.

The way they plan to do it is... With what system can you go online and dowload the old games to play on ur new system??

New2Ya

I'm lost...
None, but you can download demos for the XBOX360. It may not be the same, but in fact, it is quite the same if you think about it.

But Im gettin the idea Nintendo had the idea first, lol...

A demo for 360 fills just as much space as an old Nintendo 64 game, lol, so yea it really is quite the same, except that the old games look crap and are much longer so enjoyable...

TwilightSora

I'm back? Maybe.
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Henskie02 said:
The way they plan to do it is... With what system can you go online and dowload the old games to play on ur new system??

With the revoultion you will be able to go online and download Nintendo 64 and SNES games (and I think some others). They will be saved to the hardrive of the Revolution.

Edit:
Nintendo has announced that Revolution will have the ability to play many or all Nintendo-produced Nintendo 64, SNES/Super Famicom, and NES/Famicom games; the software may be recompiled or emulated but will be offered via the Nintendo online download service. Satoru Iwata refers to this feature as the "Virtual Console". According to a Japanese press release, "all downloaded games will be stored on the 512 [MB] flash memory built into the system. To prevent illegal copying, downloaded games will feature a proprietary DRM system."[17]

Nintendo announced that the downloadable games may be redesigned, recompiled, or emulated. It was also said that although the gameplay would stay the same, it would be possible "that with Revolution, we may be able to see the old games with new looks." This may be compared to the 1993 SNES release Super Mario All-Stars, a single cartridge containing several classic Super Mario Bros games with updated graphics. Some 3D games may "look sharper when played on Revolution." [18] However, Jim Merrick, a European Nintendo president, claimed N64 games played on Revolution will have a better frame rate, but that there would not generally be any other significant graphical improvements. If the technical aspects of Revolution also go well, "[Nintendo is] discussing the possibility of having older games like Mario Party playable online." Merrick has also said it's possible that users will be able to download games from others regions, a feature important to European gamers who could download (for example) Super Mario RPG from an American server.

Although no specifics have yet been released, there will be fees associated with the "virtual console" feature. Nintendo has suggested that they may give some of the downloadable games away with Nintendo products or through other special offers.[19] It is also unknown what specific titles will be available or whether third-party developers will release their older games for the Revolution, although it has been said that Nintendo is in talks with these developers for this purpose. Yuji Naka, the designer of Sonic the Hedgehog at Sega, said in an interview with Famitsu, "It's also great that we'll be able to play Famicom and other games via download. I hope Sega games will be playable as well." He also said similar in a recent interview with Nintendo Power. Currently, Nintendo could release more than 200 potential titles (and if, like it has been rumored, the Revolution is indeed compatible with the Game Boy Player accessory, then over 90 percent of Nintendo's back catalogue could be playable on the system (excluding Virtual Boy software).

Source: Wikipedia

文偉立

newb programmer
Elyric said:
Mario hockey? Mario volleyball? Weren't those in one of the Mario Party games?

So? That didn't stop S-E from creating a FFVII theme based Snowboarding game for the Cell phone.

Mario Volleyball (a game by itself) is in development.

Henskie

I'm Batman
The really ironic thing if Nintendo went down is that all the really good ideas in the gaming industry were 1st created by nintendo aka. vibrating controller, backwards compatibility (gameboy-gameboy color) and also If I am correct nintendo was the first of them to be out in the videogame industry so it would be sucky for them to go down!!!

文偉立

newb programmer
Henskie02 said:
... If I am correct nintendo was the first of them to be out in the videogame industry so it would be sucky for them to go down!!!

O.O WHAT?! Atari, Sega, Commodore

Yes, Nintendo's desistment from the hardware console market might render them but they won't vanish. Look as Sega. Sega used to compete with Nintendo all the time in the console wars until Sega dropped out (don't worry; not many people cared so much...only the bummed out people who bought the Dreamcast XD). Now, Sega games are being released on Nintendo.

文偉立

newb programmer
Except Square Ninja...he knows too much to learn anymore.

Is there any chance our Nintendy drop out of console wars? Is it possible that we see Mario jumping around on a Sony Playstation Console just like Sega's Sonic is on Nintendo?

Henskie

I'm Batman
アクラ said:
Except Square Ninja...he knows too much to learn anymore.

Is there any chance our Nintendy drop out of console wars? Is it possible that we see Mario jumping around on a Sony Playstation Console just like Sega's Sonic is on Nintendo?

I seriously doubt mario will do any platform jumping considering Nintendo has just begun to fight I have great faith that they have a lot in store for the Revolution and I personally am pumped for it

文偉立

newb programmer
Henskie02 said:
I seriously doubt mario will do any platform jumping considering Nintendo has just begun to fight I have great faith that they have a lot in store for the Revolution and I personally am pumped for it

Remember the war? SONIC VS MARIO! WHO WILL WIN?! Seems Mario did win. Now, Master Chief and Kratos seems to claim the trophy.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
As I stated earlier, it is unlikely that Nintendo will ever drop out of the console business entirely. They want to make games. It's more than a simple business venture to Nintendo.

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
Exactly. At my school where 85% of the people there think that Xbox 360 and PS2 are the gods of gamming are planning on getting both NinRev and PS3. Since Xbox 360 has been out, it hasn't been getting as good of reviews as it hoped. PSP isn't either. Nintendo isn't worried about competative reviews anymore. They don't care what Microsoft and Sony come up with, they want to use their ideas and try to give gamers new things rather than upgraded old ones. Sure having nice graphics on a system with dvd and cd capabilities is nice, but if the games are crap I'm not satisfied. That is where nintendo succeeds, with its games. Sure once in a while they'll have a game that flops becuase it is either too stupid or too childish, but most of the times, their crazy ideas work out for the best. Look at Animal Crossing. Sure some people might not like it, but the majority of people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back