• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The End of Nintendo: Biased opinion or inevitable fact?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noblethe3rd

At college, seeking a higher education, and if I t
"Generic" games Sony and Microsoft would not hesitate one second to commit genocide for.
That is true I don't doubt that but in MY eyes that is really the only thing that sustains Nintendo, whether it is enough is what we are debating here. Generic was probably not the best word to use...
This is the dumbest comment I have ever seen on this forum. Ok, far from it, but it is still an utterly ridiculous statement. Pity it had to come from you, of all people.
Forgive me as I may misphrased the point I was trying to present. Mircosoft HAS to think of original ideas of for games as they had little to work with when they originated. While Sony had its stronghold established in Asia and Nintendo had its legacy of games(much like I am trying to point out in the first part of this quote). I may be wrong but what well known names for games hopped on the microsoft bandwagon when it started? To my knowledge there were few or none as Halo was its own and..... well Xbox really doesn't have any more legendary games only on its system that come to my head right off bat.

Oh and I used the word strive as it means they attempt (sometimes) to have original ideas but do not necessarily succeed at accomplishing.

But I still long to see a defense for Nintendo still as strong of a contender as it used to be. We could sit here and bash Microsoft all day but the true discussion lies on Nintendo.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Noblethe3rd said:
That is true I don't doubt that but in MY eyes that is really the only thing that sustains Nintendo, whether it is enough is what we are debating here. Generic was probably not the best word to use...

When the games that keep you afloat are that phenominal, is that really a bad thing?

Noblethe3rd said:
Forgive me as I may misphrased the point I was trying to present. Mircosoft HAS to think of original ideas of for games as they had little to work with when they originated. While Sony had its stronghold established in Asia and Nintendo had its legacy of games(much like I am trying to point out in the first part of this quote). I may be wrong but what well known names for games hopped on the microsoft bandwagon when it started? To my knowledge there were few or none as Halo was its own and..... well Xbox really doesn't have any more legendary games only on its system that come to my head right off bat.

I see what you're getting at, but the only thing innovative I've seen from the Xbox is an online service (a very good one). The games on the Xbox really don't seem to strive for something greater, although one might say the same for any of the consoles. It just seems like many of the games are tech demos or ports. Every once in awhile I'd see someone like Bioware come in an make the Xbox worthy of a purchase in my eyes.

Noblethe3rd

At college, seeking a higher education, and if I t
When the games that keep you afloat are that phenominal, is that really a bad thing?
Well it becomes a bad thing when they start running the well of good ideas dry. No offense to Mario, he is a legend, but Mario sunshine lost it for me because of the storyline.... It just didn't come up to standard with what Mario 64 left behind. And doubledash just wasn't as addictive to me as MarioKart 64. Windwaker was decent but I really do hope that the new Zelda game saves the Zelda name. Donkey Konga also didn't quite live up to what I was expecting, though it was a nice try towards originality. Maybe its just me but I was only satisfied with SSBM.

Every once in awhile I'd see someone like Bioware come in an make the Xbox worthy of a purchase in my eyes.
Oh man, I can't believe I forgot KOTOR..... how silly of me.... but it wasn't exclusive to the Xbox persay.... it did come out on computer.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Noblethe3rd said:
Well it becomes a bad thing when they start running the well of good ideas dry. No offense to Mario, he is a legend, but Mario sunshine lost it for me because of the storyline.... It just didn't come up to standard with what Mario 64 left behind. And doubledash just wasn't as addictive to me as MarioKart 64. Windwaker was decent but I really do hope that the new Zelda game saves the Zelda name. Donkey Konga also didn't quite live up to what I was expecting, though it was a nice try towards originality. Maybe its just me but I was only satisfied with SSBM.

Nintendo's first party games haven't begun to grow stale yet, and I doubt they will soon. Nintendo can usually keep things interesting.

Noblethe3rd said:
Oh man, I can't believe I forgot KOTOR..... how silly of me.... but it wasn't exclusive to the Xbox persay.... it did come out on computer.

True, but it's exclusive to the Xbox when it comes to consoles.

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

Nintendo's doin just fine. It's doin semi-decent in the console business, excellent in the handheld business, and not to mention it has it's own huge merchandise business.

When I say "merchandise", I'm not talkin about systems or games. I'm talkin about all the dam wristbands, buttons, stickers, toys, etc. that you see up at the counter at video game stores. I dont know if you notice but Nintendo makes a crapload of money off of that alone. It's had a huge fanbase following it since before the Playstation even existed.

Personally, I'd really like to see Square-Enix dive a little deeper into fan-based merchandise like Nintendo has. I wanna see little keychains shaped like Moogles and Black Mages. I wanna see iron-on patches with popular hero emblems(I'm referring to stuff like Cloud's wolf symbol from AC, Tidus' wierd cross looking necklace from FFX, Sora's crown necklace from KH, etc.). Ya know, stuff like that.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
The only problem with Nintendo is it doesn't release many games in the U.S. we're a secondary market to them, any awful games nintendo has ever had has never been an exclusive to Nintendo in other wordas the only problem with Nintendo's games are the lack thereof, and gamer constantly trying to prove maturity through M rated games (noy bashing all M-rated games all I'm saying is that, some people beleive any gamed not violent is to childish,) which in my opinion proves immaturity.

文偉立

newb programmer
What are you willing to play more? A game rated E for everyone or rated M for intense graphics, gore, sex and drugs? Nintendo's quite still caught up in their old days or keeping the old tradition, taking out some plus factors for entertainment for the current generation. They don't "suck" in anyways but Nintendo's been discouraging many older genre video games on the XB0X or the PS2.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
There you go again this world is sickening soemtimes, you mean because they still release E rated games that's a strike against them? That's what I'm talking about, this is really sad, i would rather play a fun E rated game like Mario Sunshine than a horribly awful boring, bloody M Rated game like Prince of Persia Warrior Within.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
I'm afriad I never siad anything against Realism, as a matter of fact POP:WW is very UNrealistic, even in the blood area, he denies gravity, at least once a minute, it's not realism I'm talking about I'm talking about people who play nothing but, M rated games because that means they're mature,

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
No I wont I'm not against M rated games, I enjoyed Re:4 Greatly, all I'm saying is that Microsoft and Sony end up making games that aren't worth playing, and they sell well because of the violence ( Warrior Within)

文偉立

newb programmer
What arguement? xD I didn't argue at all. I still believe our generation is revolved around mindless violence but I never said Nintendo's downfall is because of their censorship. Perhaps they do censor but they have their own ways.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Yeah. . .well. . .poop. . .. .JK

So do I good we never disagreed then we just put it differently. . .that's good XD

文偉立

newb programmer
How will Nintendo really compete with XBox and Microsoft though? Is it that people view their competition as a different genre that causes them to act so casually around the rival companies? Doesn't Nintendo also have some part of the Console Wars?

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
It's true that they are losing but think about this America isn't even 50% of their profit they don't need to be all that concerned when they are dominating in other areas not to mention the stronghold over, Handheld they are just biding time. . .they better be it would suck to see Nintendo go under due to the sensless violence and mainstream gaming

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Not in the vidoe game industry the number of people that play video games in Japan comapared to America is something like 3 of them for every 1 of us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back