• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Destined

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Destined

Chapter 10
Hoist the Blades
The eerie silence that surrounded the group ranged from sorrow to logical determination. Chappu had sat besides the memorial, seemingly battling his own feelings. He recalled fighting Sin…So much had happened…Wakka where are you?
Tsukasa stared wide eyed at the city of ruins, while Jack eyed the weapons that comprised the small memorial, particularly a broad katana. He reached to grab it as Axel intercepted it before he could.

“What you think you are doing??” Jack demanded turning to face Axel.

Axel merely flashed his green eyes and smiled, extracting a blue orb from the katana’s hilt. Everyone turned as Axel examined the orb between his fingers and found a small switch.

“This is it.” He activated the switch.

A soft music began to drift down on the group as pyreflies descended from the heavens, swirling around the memorial and each person. A hazy being began to grow from the mass pyreflies to form a jewel encrusted woman hovering above the memorial. The woman opened her eyes and motioned for the group to come closer. She smiled as she spoke.

“My name is Yu Yevon, heart of Zanarkand and the Farplane Kingdom. What business have you to awaken me?”

Mario stared calmly and began to retell the story of their escape, up until they received a beacon. Yu Yevon smiled at this and made a sweeping motion with her hands, each person’s weapon of choice began to levitate in the air.

“The Farplane Kingdom was once a galaxy of many worlds, not all in harmony, but together, they were unrivaled…until a great darkness flowed through the land until it consumed each world in turn, extinguishing the heart of each world…my heart. Please worthy travelers, I humbly ask that you unite and defeat the darkness and spare other galaxies the same fate.”

Each person retreated to their own thoughts, weighing the request thoroughly with the only object the war could never completely take, their hearts; and each said the same thing. Yu Yevon felt their response and began to softly cry as hope was beginning to be restored.

“May the teachings of Yevon bless you on this pilgrimage and may your hearts be true. Please, take up your weapons.”

Each person held their weapon unsure as to the next act. Slowly, each weapon began to show a faint blue glow and vibrate ever so softly, each members heart feeling a longing. Yu Yevon rolled her head backwards to look at the heavens and the group watched in amazement as a blue star began to brighten.

“Others of purest hearts will seek the calling, and will travel to the distant star, go my saviors.” Yu Yevon whispered and dissolved into nothingness.

“We have a war to end.” Mario declared as he turned and sprinted back to the Falcon, with the others close behind.

Axel turned and remained staring at the Zanarkand Ruins and the distant star, his keysphere slowly pulsating and suddenly he sensed something he’d been without for years. He sensed a purpose, a connection…a heart.

The planet before the fleet was nothing short of dead space as the battered and weakened space fleet rendezvoused above the hulking space station Talon VI. The fleet would not be able to survive another twilight Space Pirate attack, the commander thought as she stole a glance at the ship board holo projection. Space Pirates were one thing, but Twilight and Heartless Space Pirates…a communiqué pinged across a mini screen.

Contact Bravo Leader​

She sighed and pushed the input into a communicator within her ship. Bravo Leader immediately appeared, seeming somewhat flustered and nervous. This peaked her interests.

“Go Bravo.”

“Commander, a new star as appear on our star charts 12.4 light-years away.”

“A star could just be a Decimator-Class starship exploding, you are wasting my –“

“We also received a secure communication from a distant realm…it’s from Mario.”

Samus spun around, unsure that she had heard Bravo correctly, “Repeat.”

“Samus, the star is being dubbed the New Declaration. Mario made contact earlier, check your logs, and your key beam.”

Samus glanced down at her right arm to find the phazon tip pulsating a light blue and her heart telling her to believe Bravo.

“Acknowledged old friend, Met Fleet en route. Ready for one more fight Fox?”

Fox McCloud smiled back across the screen. “Just like old times.”

Sora’s footing faltered, his emotions no longer being held back, he was weeping. The invisible force pulled again, stronger making Kairi cry out in pain. She looked lost as Sora stared into her eyes “Naminè wouldn’t have let us die.” He let go.

The world fell away as the invisible force dragged Kairi deeper and deeper into the dark abyss, she was no longer clinging to Sora but her hands were latched together where his had been. Tears from the pain and heartbreak ran down Kairi’s face. Why? Why did Sora say that, it made no sense…WHAT IS GOING ON?? She screamed.

Instantly, the force released itself as the darkness began to dissolve around Kairi, by a blue glow coming from Kairi’s heart and a key charm she had strapped to her jacket. The key charm evolved before her eyes, forming Three Wishes. Kairi laced her fingers around the hilt as the keyblade gently led the way. It seemed to not take more than twenty minutes, but the keyblade had led her to a simple floating wooden door amongst the blank abyss. Kairi tried the handle, it remained locked, then she remembered what Sora had done to seal the Hearts of each World. She orchestrated a beam of light and heard a faint click, the door inched forward, white light streaming out.

“GANON! She’s coming to!”

“No! She’s not supposed to awaken for the remaining five days!” Ganon rushed forward, checking readouts of Kairi’s magical coma. It would upset everything… “Give her another dose.”

Bowser turned facing Ganon a deep confusion etched into his leathery hide. “It could kill her and then where would we be?”

“Or she could simply go back to sleep until balance is returned.” Ganon answered, handing over an opaque potion.

As Bowser injected Kairi again, Ganon looked down and noticed a key charm was weakly glowing in Kairi’s hands. Good it has begun.

Kairi reached forward to swing the door to freedom open, but slipped and lost her balance and began to float uncontrollably away from the door. She watched in anger as the door slammed shut, extinguishing all light. NAMINE!! NAMINE WHERE ARE YOU!? Kairi screamed inside her head, but no one answered.

“Now you see, you created this villain, and you are the only person capable of destroying him.” Link announced his eyes coming to rest on Riku. “This is your destiny.”

Everything that he had just witnessed, made one thing even more clear, the King thought, Kingdom Hearts isn’t safe. He moved toward the sphere port and began to type.

Tron, I need you to sent a message to Minnie, Code Pause-Break.

I would your Highness, but it appears as though nothing can get out.

What do you mean?

A massive energy form as exploded across this kingdom and Kingdom Hearts from an unknown region. It also appears that a new star has appeared in this system.

Mario looked around confused and brought up an overview of the kingdom. Everything appeared fine, except for a—

He jumped in alarm as Link and Riku both reached for their weapons and their heart. His own heart and keyblade slowly began to beat as one each keychain slowly pulsated and swung on each blade.

Bosku looked back at the map and then to the screen, and said aloud.
“The computer says that we have an incoming transmission and is also transferring it to Disney Castle. Playing….now.”

A figure materialized on the screen, Link and Bosku staring in amazement.

“Friends, I’ve been gone for too long, as many of you are aware, either you have felt a sensation in your own hearts, your keyblade has began to faintly glow, or you’ve discovered a new star. Let me assure you that you are not alone. I’m broadcasting en route to the star designated NEW DECLARATION from the Farplane Kingdom. There are many questions but one thing is still the same, fighting this fight. Please rendezvous at New Declaration. God speed.”

Riku looked long and hard at Link before he returned the stare. Riku suddenly smiled, cracking his protective shield. “What are we waiting for?”

The sand was harsh, unrevealing. There was no breeze, just a constant pressure. What is he playing at…a ship sat tied up to a rocking dock a few hundred feet away. She moved forward, testing each step as if it was her first. The ship grew until she stood directly beneath the bow. If this is what it takes to get back…she thinks as she boards the dilapidated sailing caravan and watches as a non-existent crew steer her out to sea.

Who knew that the day the pipsqueak saves the universe is the day that everyone decides that Collessium matches are worth the thrill, the excitement anymore, Hades thought as he paced his anti-chamber. I know, we through five has beens one an island and the last one to survive gets to be my personal slave? As Hades continued to pace, a realm of darkness portal grew against the far wall. Two fireballs launched themselves in the portals direction, causing the intruder to block the shots.

“Who in Zeus name comes into my crib and rocks the baby eh? You got some cajones bub, but let’s be honest, you don’t have a chance against the lord of the Underworld.”

“Is that so? Did you forget who got you that position in the first place?” Jones demanded, stepping away from a charred pillar.

“Hey Jonesy, long time. Listen about that debt a few years ago: I was planning on trading a few kids for my freedom and boom, we forget the old and accept the new eh, what do ya say?” Hades haggled, returning to his stone throne.

Jones began to laugh deep in his throat, unnerving Hades. “Don’t you remember? I have no heart. I want him.”

Hades stared at his finger tips uncaring. “Him who?”

“Sparrow!!” Jones bellows, anger rising as he stalks back and forth.

“Yea little problem. Kid gets sent down to the Locker all high and mighty, then next thing I know some gang travels voluntarily into the Locker and frees the cap. He ain’t here.”

Jones’ eyes narrowed with all the fury in the world as they cut through Hades soul. “You let him escape, Then you leave me no choice, I’ll take the guardian.” It was now Hades turn to stare menacingly, his hair turning from blue to flaming red.

“So he can bring the Hero of Zero down here to kick me out, no way buddy boy. I’ll be revoking the warm invitation and go right to say get the hell out of hell.”

More realms opened up around Jones who continued to laugh, “Gents you all remember Hades? Kill him.”

Twilight samuri, heartless soldiers and crew members rushed Hades, dragging him to another dimension. Jones smiled as he stared into the vast Locker Hades had constructed as the River of the Departed. He saw people’s faces floating past until a particular figure was found. Jones reached down and lifted the weak being to the ground. He stood over him, relighting his cob pipe.

“Hello, Guardian.”

Nex had remained at Dest’s side, watching as the effects of Axel’s key began to destabilize Dest to the point where portions of his being were empty voids. Five days remained….he shook his head with frustration. Destiny would be altered, his accomplishments would be mere memories. He needed the boy. Nex shut his eyes to try and reduce his own thoughts until a movement ripped his eyelids open. He stared in amazement as a flickering blue glow radiated from Dest’s keyblade. Nex smiled.

Destiny was repeating itself…now to get it right without fail…

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Wow, just wow. I just read your story, ans it is really awesome. You have a lot of different characters from a lot of different movies and video games; some of them I know, some of them I do not. It is a lot to keep track of, but, like All-Star said, they are all interacting really well. Again, great story, and I look forward to your next update.

Destined

Chapter 11
Deja Vu

Sora lay prone atop the dilapidated dock, tears streaming down his cheeks, each stinging as the salt met his lacerated face. Roxas….Roxas please, I need you now more than anything please, help me…only a minute gust of wind responded to Sora’s plea. Sora lifted himself up, blood running down his face and ruined left forearm. His eyes seemed distant, uncaring, as if nothing in this world had any meaning anymore. He looked down between the timber slats at the swirling blackness that consumed his entire view. Sora closed his eyes, and leapt.

There was no wind buffeting him as he descended, no more tears, just an odd calm as he sped along the bottom of the island towards his death. Suddenly, a hand materialized and reached forward, the strong fist catching sora’s collar and swinging him back up onto the isolated island. Sora coughed hard, rubbing his throat where his shirt had left a long imprint around his throat. He looked up between fits of coughing at an armored figure kneeling before a very large and misshapen keyblade. His shielded head continued to stare at Sora.

“Why—why did you do that?!” Sora hoarsely yelled.

“Because you can not die in this realm.”

“How do you know that?! I want to find out!!”

“Because,’ the figure said, lowering his head,’ I’ve been trying to die for a ten years.”

Sora stopped rubbing his throat and looked at the figure. He was dressed in a metallic body armor that wrapped around his whole body and head, his helmet adorned with two protruding spikes. “Who are you?”

The figure returned to looking at Sora, and exhaled removing his helmet. Sora’s heart stopped. Staring at him was a person he thought couldn’t exist…he was only a rumor.

“I am the key guardian Terra. This is l‘isola di eterna sogni, the island of eternal dreams.”

The newborn star gleamed intensely as it breathed a new hope into a war ravaged universe. It rotated slowly, revealing several brown landmasses surrounded by expansive clear blue oceans. Riku shielded his eyes as he piloted the gummi ship around the star and into the light of a sun and toward a gathering of vessels converging around two enormous ships.

The King returned to the co-pilots chair from sending a transmission, a look of grave severity etched into his face. “I’ve temporarily put Kingdom Hearts under martial law and opened up a section of the border near Disney Castle, but I’m still worried.”

“We only need an opening so all the choosen wielders can arrive.” Bosku stated reassuringly, but it only seemed to cause the King more stress. “Once everyone is through, you just close it up and piece of cake.”

“I’m more worried about who may come through.”

Riku turned, his mind racing talking aloud as he continued to pilot,

“Maleficent won’t come to another Kingdom nor will any of her allies attack the Castle when they could be attacked by a new enemy, and even if they did, I’m sure Donald and Goofy can handle it for a little while.”

Mickey met Riku’s gaze. “I meant Sora and Kairi.”

An emptiness creeped through Riku. With all that had gone on, he hadn’t thought about his friends much, but they wouldn’t come just to find him…he stopped, realizing.

“The Kingdom Key” Mickey nodded.

“If we felt the calling, why wouldn’t the keyblade master be on his way to be in a keyblade war?” he stated half-heartedly.

“But if he is your Highness, then we have another strong keyblade wielder and be that much stronger when we fight Dest…” A weight fell in Riku’s stomach and he fell silent. Destiny stated that he could be the only one to vanquish Dest and if Sora went off on his own like he always did and found Dest…Riku shivered.

Bosku broke the silence as a message began to flash on a navigation panel. “We are being hailed.” A voice began to play through the ship.

“Unknown vessel, please supply ship ID.”

Mickey leaned forward and turned on the microphone.

“My name is King Mickey of Kingdom Hearts and this is Fantasmic. My crew are Sir Bosku and Link from Hyrule, myself and Riku from our Kingdom.”

“Acknowledged, Please hold orbit.”

The silence began to slowly tick away as the seconds turned to minutes, the crew becoming nervous, but remained cautious when a new speaker addressed them.

“Fantasmic, please repeat who is traveling from Hyrule.” The king hesitantly responded, the voice instantly becoming less hostile.

“Hello Link old friend, Samus and I thought you kicked it ages ago…looks like I lost the bet.”

“Hello Fox.”

“It is you! Well friends, I’m sending docking clearance to you now to land on Arwing Memory, welcome to New Declaration.” Fox laughed as the Fantasmic crew relaxed, their allies were growing.

The giant docking bay was alive with activity as loading bays and refueling shuttles jockied between fleets of parked war fighters to greet the mass of incoming ships. Standing at Fantasmic’s boarding ramp stood Fox McCloud and a holo projection of Samus Aran. Fox was wearing a Mushroom Space Fleet uniform casually unbuttoned and a headset covering a majority of the right side of his face while the blue hologram of Samus stood clad in a large pressurized armor suit.

“Welcome aboard the secondary flagship of the Mushroom Space Fleet, Leader of Fox Squad: The Arwing Memory.” Fox proclaimed, gesturing around the ship and greeting each person, but saluted Link.

“Honorary Gaurdsmen, General McCloud and General Aran at your service.”

Link chuckled, “You always did have a flair for the dramatic.”

“Comes with the territory.” Fox looked at the King and Riku, “Allow me to introduce General Samus Aran, leader of the Met Fleet who is projecting from aboard her flagship, the Prime Fusion. Now then, we have some people who are dying to meet you all.”

It was a reunion for the ages inside the large conference room.
Fox had led Link to a section of the table where Luigi, Agent Leon Kennedy and Toad were discussing old memories while Mickey introduced Riku to a group that had just arrived.

“Riku, I’d like you to meet Leon and Tifa. Cid is still shutting down their shuttle. These are friends of Sora.”

Leon and Tiffa both warmly greeted Riku, Leon smiled. “We’ve heard a lot about you—“A gangly duo broke between the group, one leaping to catch a blue and white ball.

“Finally some excitement, that flight was too long.”

“Oh come on kid, throw it to where I can catch it ya?”

“You wouldn’t be much of a defensemen if the other team threw it at you.” The taller one laughed as he shot the ball towards the other and was annoyed when Riku leapt into the air and swiped it instead.

“Hey man, you’re no seeker ya know?”

“No, but you still can’t get the ball past me can you Wakka?”

Wakka squinted his eyes as Tidus creened his neck to see. “Riku!” both cheered as they tackled him to the ground. He laughed as he pulled himself out from under Wakka. Tidus shook his head, “Your reflexes must be way slow, you’ve not been practicing in two years it looks like.”

The group headed off to tour the ship and caught up on two years worth of a life Riku had missed. After an hour, they stopped at a mess hall to get a quick bite. “So how did you both get here from Destiny Island?” Riku asked, taking a large bite out of his sandwich

“We hitched a ride on the Highwind after we both woke up to find a strong desire to see his world. Leon and Tiffa did too, and here we are.” Wakka stated, swigging a large green drink.

“Besides,” Tidus stated munching on a bowl of rice, “You, Kairi and Sora left without us. AGAIN.” He announced with a laugh until he looked up to see Riku had stopped chewing, a look of pain across his face.

“Wo, hey man, you ok?” Wakka asked, poking Riku in the shoulder.

Besides, you Kairi and Sora left without us…left without us…Kairi…Sora…

Riku stood up, knocking his tray of food to the ground and raced back to the conference room, his mind racing as fast as he ran. If Kairi and Sora were not on Destiny Island, then how long had they been gone? Not the week he had been, maybe they were still coming, maybe Donald and Goofy stopped them at the border turning them back…maybe—

Riku turned the corner and collided with a small group departing a ship and fell to the ground on top of a young girl.

“Hey Jerk! Get off of me!! Watch where you are going next time Allright?” She angrily dusted off her pants of any accumulated dust.

Riku came out of his day dream and turned to look at the girl. “Kairi?”

She shook her head. “Nope, sorry to disappoint the names Rebecca—“She watched as Riku turned down a side hatch and was gone. “McMann…”

Men, She muttered under her breath.

“Is he still out?” Ash nodded his head, pushing the medical hover sled with Sora strapped down ahead. “That kid almost overturned him, let’s go.”

Ash and Rebecca lead Sora through the twisting corridors while Mario, Jack, Chappu, Ty and Tsukasa made their way to the conference room. Axel stood at the crossroads, and followed Riku.

“It got pretty messy after the destruction of Persia. Our space fleets were the only ones who were able to put up much of a fight, at least, until the immigrants started to leave…” Fox soberly drank a shot of ale in memory.

“Here, Here. I was able to track down a possible triangulation of where the Armada and Destiny’s Militia jumped from, but I was forced off of Kanto when the Jonto Stock Market crashed and Team Rocket held a coup. We’ve only been able to get patchy information at best, but we think two of there members are on the run.” Kennedy added quietly as he scratched a growing goatee.

“What about you Link?” Toad asked standing up on his chair so as to see the others. Link took a long drink from his honey ale.

“You all know what happened on Persia. Goldy stabbed the princess, we were flooded with troops. Mario and I fought a few good ones off, but he ended up being captured, and I, well…” he took another long drink. “Epona was hidden just inside a side canyon and we were able to get away to Persia’s Gateway, when the explosion went off. I made it through, but Epona…” Tears glistened in his eyes as he swallowed the rest of the ale. He looked around and his eyes fell on the King talking happily with a group of new comers.

“I knew that it would only be a matter of time before our Kingdom fell, so I crossed the border and landed on an island covered world where I met the King, who with the help of the boy and his friends, destroyed Organization XIII.”

“Organization XIII?” Leon asked.

“The Destined leader was apparently going to invade our kingdom and kingdom hearts together, but they defeated his satellite group. Think of it as another Team Rocket…another Meta Knights.”

“I don’t believe it.” Luigi stammered, lasagna falling off his suspended fork. The table turned and watched as Mario and a group of misfits entered.

“MARRRRIOOO” The brothers rushed forward and embraced each other, as brothers long parted. “we were told that you were killed on Persia, but you are a live!”

Mario warmly smiled at his brother and his smile grew bigger as he was soon consumed by Kennedy and Toad. Link walked forward an odd twinkle in his eye. Mario looked up at him and raised his own eyebrow.

“Speaking of someone who’s back from the dead, how are you miei amiche? Come, let’s drink to our lives. Hopefully Ash will join us soon, he’s tending to our savior.” Mario steered the group back over to the table.

Mickey smiled, it was the same feeling all over again. He felt this way when Sora and Riku returned to Destiny Island, the happiness of three friends who shared a common destiny…He sighed and looked around the room…and stared gap mouthed as Jack Sparrow and a teenage boy entered the room.

“Ah, I love reunions, drinks all around eh?” The boy merely shook his head and sat at a table and began to play a card game, the King moved closer.

“Hi there, my name is King Mickey, are you friends with Mr. Sparrow?”

From across the room Jack spun around on his heels and yelled, “CAPTAIN Sparrow if you please” and proceeded to down a bottle of rum.

“My name is Tsukasa, he rescued me.” He said, pointing at the swaying pirate.

Mickey stared in complete shock. Apparently the good captain has a heart after all he chuckled to himself and absent-mindedly watched Tsukasa flip over a single card, and the king froze. “What’s wrong your majesty?”

Mickey’s bottom lip began to quiver as the card began to burn itself into his mind. He knew that card.

“Tsukasa…where did you get that card…”

Tsukasa stared at the card and shrugged, “I don’t know where it came from but I found it in a white prison, it’s all I remember besides a hooded man.”

Mickey sank into a chair fear in his eyes, the more he looked at the boy the more he saw the short cropped blonde hair and blonde goatee. My god…they all had somebodies…

The medical center was a vast and busy triage and the sheer efficiency amazed Rebecca. Ash and her were inside of a small glass vestibule watching the doctors and nurses tend to Sora. If felt so different now, he’d help free everyone, give them all hope and in the face of adversary risked his own life to save theirs… “Bro.” She whispered.

Ash pulled himself out of a day dream and swung his head to look at Rebecca. “What did you say?”

Rebecca looked at Sora as a doctor set his left arm, she seemed to be struggling to figure out the right words to say.

“He reminds me of my Bro.” Tears began to drip silently down her slender face.

Ash walked forward, and rested his hand on her shoulder.
“I don’t even know why I’m here.”

“Sora helped us escape—“

“No, I’ve tried to figure it out for weeks. The wiring must have been miss wired, that could have caused the short that over loaded the system, if I can recaliberate—“

“Rebecca.” Ash shook her slightly, “What are you talking about?”

Rebecca looked into his face, and gave a weak smile. “I’m not from the Mushroom Kingdom. I’m from Ultima City, it’s an alternate universe. I accidentally ended up here on a world and was imprisoned for trying to rewire a transport of the Destined to get me back…I don’t know anyone here except you guys, I just want to get home and tell my dad and brother I’m all right.”

Ash remained standing next to Rebecca, and was unsure what to see, he remained silent for a few moments. “I was a member of the Mew Intell on Kanto, it’s a planet not far from Yoshi’s Island. After the Destined declared war, my world was overrun by a group of Destined co-conspirators who called themselves Team Rocket. Leon and I were fighting a group of Grunts who were ambushing a cargo transport bound for a safe haven. A Destined member named Giovanni started to battle me and my pokemon in a wager for the planet. He broke the code.” Ash quietly stopped.

Rebecca looked up into his troubled face and smiled warmly. He nodded and continued.

“we were fighting one on one, my partner was just about to finish off his Ryhdon, when he brought his pet Persian into the fight, in one quick attack it was over. The world was lost to Giovanni, and when I ran to save him, the Persian…killed Pikachu…I was dragged away and thrown into that god forsaken prison.”

The mood was humble, but as Ash closed his eyes he was surprised when Rebecca rushed over and gave him a long embrace.
“We each have our own pilgrimage to make. It’s not how we reject reality, but how we allow it to encompass us, put ourselves at peace.”

Ash returned Rebecca’s embrace as the two looked down on the operation.

Riku ran through the twisting and winding passages as more and more ships began to dock with the Arwing Memory. One of them could be Sora and Kairi he thought as he ran past face after face. He rushed past a corridor but stopped as an object came rolling towards him from beneath a war fighter. Riku stared at the small blue marble as it rolled lazily toward him. He had taken that marble away from Roxas on Twilight Town, but how did it get—

“Didn’t think we’d be meeting up again Riku” a voice announced from beside the fighter, freezing Riku’s soul. He slowly turned and lifted his keyblade. Axel moved unencumbered and stopped to lean easily against a supply crate, his arms crossed in front of him.

“You.”

“Me.”

“What are you doing here? Sora watched you die.”

Axel waved the comment off as if it was a mere fly. “You think I’d be killed that easily? It was a handful of dusks, a piece of cake. No I never died, I was reborn.”

Riku continued to stare at Axel, still disbelieving his own eyes. “You can’t be reborn, you have—“

“What no heart? What about Sora? He gave his heart for Kairi, you gave your heart to darkness and look how you’ve turned out. No, those other idiots all clung to the propaganda of collecting hearts to get their own hearts back. I realized the only way to truly get your own heart back is to cling to a believe that there is something worth living for that is unmeasurable: Friendship.”

“Roxas.”

“Roxas. I clung to the hope and belief that with every ounce of my being that I would fight for what truly mattered, not what others believed to be right. So you see I’m no more dead than you are. You’d be best to memorize that.” Axel finished and turned to walk away, until he felt Riku keeping the keyblade trained on his back.

“Where is she.”

Axel paused, curious “who?”

“You hid her from me and Sora before, where’s Kairi?”

Axel’s mind began to run multiple scenarios and instantly he understood. “So he outcast himself to save her…interesting.”

“What are you talking about??”

Axel stared at Riku unafraid and emotionless. “Kairi isn’t my ticket this time, Sora…he’s…No. You’ve got to find him to finally understand.” He finished, choosing his words carefully and turned and walked away, leaving a frustrated and confused Riku alone in the empty corridor....

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Aw, poor Riku!!! He has no idea what has been going on with his friends, and Axel's comments just confused him even more. He even almost ran over Sora without realizing it; he is just having a really bad time. Anyway, great chapter again, and I look forward to your next update.

Last edited:

Destined

Chapter 12
The Lost Ones​

Images and words slowly crawled along but there was no emotional connection. Kairi felt numb, discarded as if nothing in the world had feeling. Naminè, I'm not giving up on him, I care too much for Sora to throw everything away…he's coming to save me—

Kairi gasped, her hands falling to her heart, she could not feel any warmth in her heart for Sora, the connection had vanished. She broke down in violent sobs and grasped for rocks to hurl at an unnamed death, rocks flying every which way.

"NO!! NO!!! I won't let go! He's not dead he's coming back! He'll come!!" Kairi screamed falling defeated onto the hard unwelcoming beach.

"Princess…" Kairi sat rigid, her eyes still clouded and hot from tears.

"Princess…" an unfamiliar voice whispered from within the grove of palm trees. Kairi struggled to her feet and searched her surroundings for any hint of a weapon.

"Who are you what do you want?!"

A palm branch gingerly parted as a figure dressed in a sky blue armor stepped out slowly walking towards Kairi.

"Princess, we meet again after all these years." The voice announced, stopping outside of Kairi's range.

"Did you trap me here??"

The armor soldier turned away slightly and gazed up at the empty gray sky, the shoulders noticeable falling.

"We never wanted this to happen to you Princess. We wanted you to live in a warless universe, but we—I couldn't give you that."

Kairi lowered the handful of rocks skeptically, something about this mystery soldiers voice rang familiar deep inside Kairi's memory. Naminè…who is this person? What she received was only silence,causing herto shake her head in futility.

"We, you keep saying we, are you one of the kidnappers or another Organization member? Sora defeated all of you before, he—"Kairi choked on her words as the image of Sora plummeting into the abyss flashed in her mind.

The figure tilted the blue helmet causing it to reflect a ray of light near Kairi's feet. "The boy…you care for him?"

Words could not explain the emotions and memories that were flashing like midsummer firework displays in her mind. Riku, Sora and her playing around their Island, the image of her handing the Oathkeeper to Sora beneath Traverse Town and forcing Sora to promise to return in and the satisfaction and sheer happiness when Sora walked out of the ocean and returned it to her on Destiny Island only days ago floated in her minds eye.

"More than anything."

"Then abandon him." The figure quietly said.

Kairi felt lightheaded and shook with anger and nerves, "Why…how could you even say that?!"

"Because if you don't, then we will lose the last Princess." The figure answered.

A sudden heart-wrenching revelation clicked, causing her blood to freeze as her mouth hung slightly ajar. "What—what did you do to the other six Princess's of Heart??"

The figure laughed to itself.

"The Princess's of Heart? No, they do not entirely concern me, you are only a Princess of Heart because we needed to hide you from him. You never were a true Princess of Heart, but you are the last heir to the Bloodline of Fate."

"I—I don't believe you…"

"And you have no right to, but please; let me show you. We owe you an explanation after all these years."

Kairi stared at the figure, nothing was making sense. Bloodline of Fate, is this person friend or foe, Kairi let out an angry growl. "No! I want to wake up, I want to go home, this is all a DREAM!!!!"

The figure stood silent and hesitantly turned away from Kairi and began to walk into the palm tree forest. "The boy is alive."

The world slowly began to twirl around her as Kairi turned white and felt like a pane of glass had shattered her subconscious, she didn't care if this figure was her kidnapper, she rushed after the soldier and into the dense jungle.

The ship flew with little effort as it sailed among the stars and worlds through the milky blackness of space. The skeleton of a crew went about their business, as the girl stood near the railing, her tattered dress silently flowing with the movement and calm rock of the ship itself.

As she watched each new world fade into the distance, the wooden deck beneath her creaked as Jones arrives aboard the ship, carrying another man dressed in a flowing red cloak. More of the crew has also returned, proud of their recent victory, Jones begins to dish out orders and each follow them to a T, she noticed, loyalty like this is a rarity, but they refused to hold her focus as her eyes wandered to the new shipmate. She made her way over to the weak man, noticing he was struggling to rest against the ship’s side railing, lifting his head to help prop him vertical and to help him drink from an oversized water pitcher.

"Remember our deal young one." Jones stated as he took the helm, slightly adjusting the ships course.

"I save your heart, you save mine, I won't forget." She reached into her pocket and withdrew a small key charm dangling in her hands. You are almost home, now I know how you felt when you were searching for me…

Jones turned back to the weak man and smiled. "You keep this lass safe guardian, and I will honor your soul."

The man opened his one good eye slightly as and watched as another world soared by. "This isn't my story." Auron weakly stated.

Jones released a laugh that shook the deck as he turned the helm, leading the Flying Dutchman further into the ink of space.

"Exactly right, it's his."

The silence ebbed on as Sora and Terra remained staring at each other, pain beginning to seep into Sora's face. He looked around trying to make sense of what Terra had just told him.

"What do you mean island of eternal dreams? I'm not dreaming this is real!"

Terra looked straight at Sora, never wavering in strength, "The island is not what you think it is, it was a world created by a sorcerer ages ago for those who were lost between the realm of light and the realm of darkness. I admit to not knowing how you came to be here, but I am cursed to remain here for all eternity."

Sora looked down at his mangled arm and when he looked lifted his head, a cold fire burned in his eyes. "The Warden did this to me…I can hear voices in my subconscious, nothing is making any SENSE!" he roars, rushing at Terra, colliding with his armor.

Stars dance in front of Sora as his arm and stomach scream in pain, Terra steps backwards, unsure how to proceed.

"I've heard rumors from others who have been lost in this realm of a man known as warden and a evil being known as Sin, are they the same creature?"

"No," Sora stated, holding his hand against his side to stop the throbbing pain, "the warden was a cloaked man with a keyblade that curved and tapered in the middle like this:" he finishes, using his good right hand to draw an outline in the soft sand.

Terra seized, and falls to his feet to get a better glimpse of the drawing. It can't be him! He wasn't left alive, that blade was destroyed by…my god, Nex.

"What's wrong??" Sora stammers as Terra stands and begins to swing his keyblade at a nearby palm tree, a vicious howl broke through the surroundings.

"That—that keyblade was crafted by a gifted blade maker that prophesized that the wielder would walk between both worlds, casting death and despair to whomever crossed him. We Key Guardians were sworn to stopping this blade from ever falling into the wrong hands, we failed on a world called Distant Horizons, where a magician summoned an entity unlike anything we had ever encountered: a human with the gift of both darkness and light."

"Who was the magician?" Sora quiety asked.

Terra could clearly see the outline of the flowing black cape, the hairless head and golden-red eyes. "Master Nex."

Sora stared in wide eyed fascination, he had never heard of such a person and wondered to himself if he could take him in a duel…not now he thought as his bleeding stump pulsated with pain.

"What happened?"

"The other guardians and myself fought, until the youngest was cast aside by Master Nex, dead. We realized that he was beyond our skills but we were sworn to an oath. Aqua and I continued to fight Master Nex and the entity but we were both struck by a spell the likes neither of us had seen, the spell froze me in time, and trapping me and the others here I'm not sure as to the others, but it backfired on Master Nex; trapping us and created a heart shaped moon."

"Kingdom Hearts…"

Terra swung his head back toward Sora, "You know of this moon?!" he stammered.

Sora walked in a slow circle as he tried to remember the events at The World That Never Was. "I rescued my friends at a shrine below the heart…we—we destroyed it."

A long silence swept between the two wielders, anguish and sadness bled from Terra’s body language and eyes.

"Please, tell me everything.”

The jungle was dense with foliage and dead palm trees littered the small dirt path as Kairi tried as best she could to keep the soldier just a few feet ahead. Kairi pushed a low hanging branch out of her way and stumbled into the soldiers back.

"Whey did you stop?" Kairi asked picking herself off the ground.

The soldier remained staring forwards at what Kairi realized that they were standing in a open field beneath a rocky cliff, and straight ahead was a marble archway leading into the cliff.

"We owe you an apology, and this is the only way that we can do that." The soldier stated, pointing a silver keyblade towards the archway. Kairi stepped forward, but soon stopped as she turned to see the soldier beginning to return back through the path.

"You aren't coming with me?"

The soldier turned, "No your Highness, this was a mistake we made long ago, and I can not enter past the archway, only you can. The sorcerer made it that way." A note of sadness creeped into the voice.

"Wait, sorcerer?? You never said anything about a sorcerer??" Kairi stammered, undecided whether to continue.

"He has protected you all these years, he wants to not see any harm befall you and now could risk an entire Kingdom for you. Tell him—I finally understand…and I’m sorry." The soldier took one last look toward Kairi, and vanished into the palm trees as quietly as she had arrived.

Kairi remained alone in the clearing, torn between whether to continue or turn away and run for it. Her heart was telling her to trust this soldier, though it did not know why, but another reason urged her forward: Sora.

Kairi stepped toward the archway, seeing odd hyroglyphs etched into the marble tiling. She stepped closer and placed her hand on a outline of a key and gasped, as a blue shimmering veil lifted up, revealing a stone cut staircase leading up through the cliff.

Kairi took a deep breath, and crossed the threshold and walked into the darkness.

A single palm leaf fluttered down to the ground in the long moments after Sora had finished the tale of Xehanort and Organization XIII. Terra had been silent throughout the story, it unnerved Sora because Terra betrayed no emotion but seemed to be staring into Sora's soul everytime Sora had begun to talk.. The moments continued on, until Sora inadvertently coughed. Terra swung to look towards Sora, then relaxed.

"So, Xehanort tried to take over Kingdom Hearts twice, and both times you defeated his attempts."

"I know this is all connected somehow, but nothing is making any sense."
Terra stood up and faced away from Sora, as if trying to phrase a question that he should be asking.

"What is it?" Sora asked.

"I—I must ask you, the girl you tried to save, was her name….Kairi?"

Sora stepped backwards as if another keyblade had sliced into his heart, "How—How—"

"You must follow me."

Terra turned and began to run through the thick undergrowth batting away with his keyblade, causing hunks of bark and torn leaves to fall upon Sora as he rushed to keep up. The pursuit seemed to last ages as Sora tried desperately to keep Terra within his sight, until very slowly Terra came to a halt at a stairwell in the ground.

"Go." He said, pointing down the dark stairwell.

"Wait, why?? What's this got to do with Kairi??"

Terra let out an annoyed sigh and threw Sora down the staircase where he fell hard against a heavy stone door. Scratching his bruised head, he watched Terra walk down the stairs and threw death shards with his eyes.

"The Princess is in danger, I now know why we have found each other. You look just like him." Terra stated as he pushed through a large metallic door.

"Look like who?" Sora questioned as he slowly followed Terra into the small chamber and gasped.

The room was not in itself very original. A low hanging earthy ceiling that allowed no light except for a single candle flickering near the far side wall, but other than that the room seemed bland…until Terra added a small amount of oil to the wick, causing the chamber to become brighter as the candle cast the shadows out of the memorial.

"We buried him here after we were locked away on this planet. He lost his life due to extreme hypothermia but before he died, he mentioned that his Heir would come, and take his place and reunite the battered worlds."

"Blood? Are you for real? What are you talking about this isn't making any sense. Who's grave is that?" Sora asked pointing, causing Terra to bow his head in honor.

"That is the grave of our fallen key guardian, your brother, Ven."

The medical equipment pulsated through the small meditation chamber, each chime slowly becoming louder and louder as Nex stood where he had since he learned the painful truth. Everything is slipping away.
How had his carefully laid plan gone so wrong, so fast?

All the pieces seemed to be falling as he realized that nothing had gone at all to plan. He had sacrificed his greatest ally to conquer the Farplane Kingdom, only to have a summoner destroy Sin ten years later. He himself had been forced to taking the necessary actions in the Ancient Kingdom of long ago, by turning the universe to non recognizable asteroids with the Deliverance. Most of his organization members were all slaughtered by a group of three kids, KIDS, but there was a ray of hope in the massacre, he thought as he stared down at Dest, who continued to very slowly, vanish. And now two of his followers, have gone rouge, he wasn’t sure if they were even alive or against him. Yu Yevon had forced his hand on Zanarkand again with her leading the group of patriots against him and now another follower and the beast are threating a coup.

Everything was crashing around him.

He remained in a trance like state, his heartbeat seeming to match that of the monitors around Dest, his eyes occasionally flitting down to watch the key charm faintly pulse. It seemed that no matter how hard he would try, his enemies would continue to grow, tilting the playing field and his destiny away from him.

Not anymore.

Nex’s eyes remained clouded, but a small smile began to chip away at his time worn face as the gears began to spin in his head.

It is time to finish this.

He turned and exited the small room, and made his way through twisting dark passages until he finally entered the Chamber of Destiny, and rose to stand upon the center stone pillar, his stage. A blue glow receded down through the ceilings open ceiling and made Nex’s smile grow larger and more menacing. He closed his eyes, drawing in on himself for the source of his power.

“For those who understand their calling to right the axis of power and to combat your nemesis, I call upon you across the kingdoms of all to heed my voice, and to come forward, to join me and together we shall take back that which is rightly ours, our destiny.” His voice bellowed across the fabric of space, trying to reach all that would listen.

The final words echoed across the chamber and seemed to continue and grow louder and grow in strength, but it wasn’t Nex’s voice. Slowly, shadows began to creep forward chanting his words. Nex opened his eyes as destiny finished echoing and stared at the number of beings standing in front of him now and smiled. More had come than he had hoped for.

“Brothers and Sister, It pleases me to know that come from so far to help me battle those who would laugh at mine, and your destiny. But I say this, we will be the ones laughing at them, we shall be smiled upon by fate, we are destined.”

The room exploded with cheers and accepting, and Nex stepped down from the stage. “Come my family, we have a destiny to fulfill.”

Destined

Awesome yet again, Destined. So, Sora and Kairi are dreaming, right? Just asking because I get confused with those scenes sometimes. Anyway, great job again, and I look forward to your next update.

Thanks twilight. To explain the Sora and Kairi bit, they are actually living in what they feel is reality, but in essence each are in a suspended illusion. So you could say that this is a dream.

Destined

Chapter 13 : Destabilization

The chilled air that leaked slowly from the archway unnerved Kairi, but deep in her heart, buried under layers of questions, she knew that this was the path she must take. Each new step and flick of shadow caused the dim earthy stairwell to appear unwelcoming and desolate, the layers of dust and cobwebs betraying no appearance of traps, let alone visitors for many years.

Higher and faster she climbe as the shadows continued to recede and a flickering of candlelight grew more pronounced until Kairi stepped from the stairs and into a low room decorated in old and odd machinery and books. On one wall stood a picture of a stone temple hidden amongst a grouping of tall trees and dense forest with oddly shaped ships flying towards a distant moon. Below the painting in an open wooden case rested an elongated silver tube. As Kairi cautiously looked around the room, a machine slowly came to life, it’s eyes casting two faint golden beams and it’s rust covered head turned noisily towards her.

“Your Royal Highness! I’ve waited near 15 years to be able to look upon you again and I see that you are safe. This is wonderful!” the machine exclaimed happily, it’s one intact arm lazily cheered.

“You-you know me?”

“Of course Princess Kairi, Master Terra and Mistress Aqua were very adamant that I do so, for this very moment.”

Kairi stepped closer and sat in the high backed chair next to the machine. “What’s so special about this moment?”

The machine inclined its head towards the far wall. “Why, it’s the beginning of the story.”

“15 years ago, a great war blanketed every kingdom with despair and anguish. It continued unchecked by a man so evil and twisted that no one dared come forward to confront him, for he would slaughter you without a seconds thought. If it were not the actions of the Bloodline of Fates, more kingdoms would have fallen.” The machine quietly finished, sadness in its tone.

Kairi sat, unmoving and with full attention during the tale but tilted her head near the end.

“What do you mean, ‘more kingdoms’?”

“Oh my dear, yours is not the only kingdom in existence. There are currently three remaining kingdoms: Kingdom Hearts, Mushroom Kingdom and the Farplane Kingdom. Sadly the actions of the Bloodline Rebellion members Princess Zelda, Princess Leia and Yu Yevon angered the Master to the point that he turned the Kingdom of the Ancients to rubble with the weapon.”

“The Bloodline Rebellion? What could they have done to deserve that punishment?!” Kairi stammered.

The machine looked up into Kairi’s eyes. “The Bloodline killed his son and stole his son’s heir from the war to a far off world to try and make the Balance whole again. They succeeded until the Master discovered the kidnapping and slaughtered Princess Leia and her Kingdom.”

A question caught in Kairi’s throat. “What was the Master and his son’s names?”

“The youngest proclaimed himself Lord Colevio, son of the Great Master Nex.”

“What—what was his heir’s name?” Kairi whispered.

“Why, Princess Kairi, you.”

The stone grave gazed upwards at Sora as he stood over it, his mind seeming to become unraveled and caving in on itself. The simple life he had lived these past years on Destiny Island seemed long gone as Terra had told him about his older brother joining the Key Guardians and the fight that cost him his life, a Bloodline of Fate that had caused more harm that good it seemed while also giving hope to the masses, that Kairi was alive and in a trapped universe like he was, and the most chilling of all, that Riku had created a Heartless Nobody.

The silence dragged on as neither Terra nor Sora dared shatter it, fearing the other would break as well. After a few minutes, Sora looked down past the grave at his amputated forearm. “This—none of this is real? My arm is still here, I’m just in a coma, this is all just an illusion?”

Terra looked at Sora from the archway leading down to the tomb at Sora’s missing arm. “No, this is the Island of Eternal Dreams, it is neither real or fantasy, but what your heart must desire. You’re arm is gone because her heart has deemed it so, while in reality you’re arm is still there.”

“So Kairi…”

“Is in her heart’s version of this Island. It varies by each person by what their heart really wants most.”
A clicking of metal brought Sora out of his semi-conscious stare. Behind him, Terra was holding in both hands a set of crimson armor as an offer to Sora. He noticed that as the light flickered across the armor, it shined with ravenous hunger and desire for adventure.

“He asked that you be given this, when your heart has truly embraced your destiny. You were chosen to protect the last Bloodline Heir. Your fates have been entwined even further than I could forsee all those years ago. It is time you accept your calling, as the last Key Guardian.”

The armor was cumbersome and unusual to Sora at first but to his surprise, it seemed to understand this and fixed itself, making it lighter and more maneuverable. He held the helmet in his right arm while testing his left. It felt robotic and foreign to him. But, he thought, this is only an illusion.

Sora stood before his brother’s grave once more, so many questions passed unanswered between the two but to Sora’s dismay, he didn’t receive a single reply.

“You are ready Key Guardian.” Terra announced, causing Sora to look in his direction to see him holding a small object in his hand.

“With the blessing of another Guardian to his successor, I award you this keyblade, so that you may fight for what is just in your heart.”

Sora let out a small gasp as the key charm began to float in midair until it digitized into a magnificent gold and silver streaked key blade with a cushioned handle wrapped with light and dark shaped rays of light that came together at the base where a blue heart glistened.

“Take with you my offering, the Awakening Hope, and may it unlock the prison from which you are trapped, and those dearest to you.” Terra proclaimed handing Awakening Hope to Sora and stepped back.

It felt natural as Sora stepped and twirled in the rhythmic dance as the blade lunged through the air causing a single beam to erupt from the tip and leapt up into the clouds, unlocking a far off door.

“Save her, no matter what the cost.” Terra asked.

Sora looked back at the man, a half serious smile flashed across his face.

“Don’t worry about me, be worried for Master Nex.” Sora grinned as he raced from the tomb and followed his heart down a long winding grass strewn path.

Terra watched him go, both relived and saddened, his part was over. Take care of him Axel, Make your Big Brother proud.

The dark castle teemed with energy as the new disciples remained in the grand anti-chamber, quietly conversing with those other new members around them, finding out what drove each person to do what their heart commanded. The inner doors swung out slowly, causing a hush to fall over the group as two men stepped out.

“So, the boss thinks more in quantity than quality Sephiroth, looks like you and me are in for an interesting road ahead of us.” Giovanni laughed as he gazed around the room. Sephiroth didn’t notice Giovanni’s eyes as they momentarily hesitated on a couple huddled in the corner.

“Mother wants what’s best for the Universe, not just what one man desires. The more people that understand that, the better our cause.”

The two walked through the throng of individuals towards the Chamber of Destiny, but before they reached it, another cloaked man stepped into their path, his cold eyes slicing through Sephiroth.

“You dare to speak of Mother in my presence? It’s because of your Mother that all I fought for years ago was stolen from me.” The man hissed.

“Let it go old boy, you should have embraced the Farplane long before that summoner got as far as she did. Your arrogance is what cost you Spira, not this Mother crap, Guado.” Giovanni sneered.

“YOU DARE insult me gangster?!” Seymour glared, his arm swinging towards Giovanni with a large mass of black magic growing in the upward motion.

“Gents, I believe it be in me own best interested that we fight, THEM, not each other.” Another figure stated, his features hidden behind tattered black cloak and large black captain’s hat.

“And who might you be, sailor?” The couple asked, quietly joking amongst themselves. The man turned and with a slight flick of his wrist, a group of skeleton pirates materialized around the now terrified couple.

“I be not a mere deck hand, My name is CAPTAIN Barbossa, and just a warning young miss, but my crew does not look upon disrespect admirably.” Barbossa stated with a snide smirk.

“Enough.” Nex’s voice boomed through the anti-chamber, causing those present to turn and look upward as Nex decended a grand dark marble staircase.

“We’ve had enough conflict within our own ranks that more is not required Sephiroth. Disciples, gather with me.” Nex stated as he majestically paced into the Chamber of Destiny, the others following patiently, though wary of the other standing next to them.

Nex rose once again onto the marble pillar and looked down into the faces of those who had accepted his call.

“My family, I thank you for heeding my message, I understand that you may not approve of some that are present, but let me remind you that we are not here for ourselves, we are here because destiny must be upheld.

Years ago, I was given a prophecy by a withered old fortune teller that a man would appear to lead those stuck between the light and darkness to the promised land, a land where we would not be fighting against those who oppose our views, where we could live out our future as we see fit, not as tyranny or evil vendettas. I ask you to look into your souls and tell me what brought you here.”

The group silently searched within themselves trying to get a grasp around why their heart had led them here today. After a few moments, Barbossa spoke up.

“Too long my fate has not been in me own hands. I long for the taste of a world in which my kind can live amongst ourselves, pirating and pillaging to our hearts desire. Too long WE were cursed men trapped as undead beings, unable to eat or taste the whipping sea breeze at our lips.”

“For too long I’ve been deemed unworthy by my father to lead the free world of Spira, but not anymore.” Seymour announced.

“We have been pushed around my meddling trainers for far long enough, just once we want to do what are job is: to steal pokemon to further Team Rocket and our leader.” Jesse and James chimed together, never taking their eyes off of Giovanni.

“For too long, every attempt at righting the balance of my destiny I’ve been stopped by freedom fighters or religious guidance. One kingdom has fallen to the mistakes of many, two others by the soul of their Princess. Now one more rests in our way as we move forward to fix that which has been stolen from us, a purpose.” Nex announced, sweeping his gaze around the room.

“But what about those who have lost everything, at the hands of the man standing before us?” A lone strong voice rasped from the back of the group.

Nex smiled as he recognized the deep bravado that the man spoke. “The promise of the prefect kingdom, Anakin. A kingdom in which everything hangs on the whim of destiny, not democratic processes. A universe that accepts everything as it is: changing.”

The audience grew silent as Nex smiled menacingly, his eyes seeming to crackle life energy as he spoke.
“Come my Disciples, we must make our voices be heard.”

The drumming and beat of the machines slowly rocked Sora back into reality as he lifted his eyes open for the first time in nearly a week, he groaned. He lifted both of his arms in the air to stretch and yawn and inadvertantly struck himself in the face with his left arm, sending pain into both his face and his arm. He looked down in amazement. His arm lay in a metallic steel cast surrounded by the armor Terra had given to him, the key guardian.

Sora looked around and smiled as Ash and a young girl came running into his room.

"How are you feeling Sora?" Ash asked seeming relieved while also keeping one eye on the bank of computers monitoring him.

"I'm fine, better than fine actually, i feel, whole."

He looked around the room and his eyes met the girl. His mind began to play back the events following the fight with the Warden...Dest.

"You were the one that healed me at the Bay."

Rebecca released a large chestful of air and seemed to relax. "I did the best i could do under the circumstances, I healed your arm, but your face and the keyblade..." she trailed off as Sora reached up and felt the scar that transected his face.

"My--Oathkeeper." Tears began to flow down his face. Rebecca seemed on the verge as well but past him the small yellow star shaped charm. "I was able to get this much, I hope that It will be enough..."

Sora blinked. The room lit up in color as Awakening Hope & Oathkeeper appeared in both of Sora's hands.

"How did you do that?" Ash asked gapping in disbelieve.

Sora smiled as he gingerly took a few swings around the room, and looked back over his shoulder with a paritally full grin. "Because I made a promise."

Suddenly, each monitor in the room switched from showing medical stats to a man standing before a group of darkened individuals and immediately Sora's blood turned to ice. This was him, the man that had murdered his brother, imprisoned Terra and Aqua, who would try and kill Kairi...Sora only heard the line that made an importance to him "...Most are aboard a warship fleeing to another long forgotten kingdom, willing to sacrifice one of there own.” Sora's soul turned to cold steel, his eyes becoming tunnel vision. There in his grasp, he held a tied up girl, Kairi. Sora thought.

The steel floors and occasional grouping of personnel did little to slow Riku as he pushed his way back through the ships heart, I must tell the King that Axel is here, this could be another trap by the Organization…

The personnel began to transition from moving out of his way, to not moving at all, but gazing at the nearest monitor with looks of perplexed shock and anger. Riku slowed as the throngs of workers became too dense for him to push through. This was when a voice began to tickle at his memory. It was not a familiar voice, but one that Riku knew was blaring across every monitor and out each speaker.

Nex stood before the camera, a black cloak sweeping and rustling behind him as he stood unmoving, his eyes slicing through the camera lens and into the hearts and souls of each person across the kingdom who were staring transfixed on the transmission. Riku held his breath as Nex moved toward the camera slowly.

“Citizens of the Great Mushroom Kingdom: Your royal highness fell at the hands of my protégé, and now, due to the acts of those who failed you when you needed them most are preparing to abandon you to the hounds as it were. Look not towards these…Rogues with admiration or distain, but look upon them as ones who would sacrifice you all for their own continued existence. For where are these individuals you once called hero’s? Most are aboard a warship fleeing to another long forgotten kingdom, willing to sacrifice one of there own.”

Gasps flashed through the crowd as Nex held up a bound and gagged Princess Peach, glee and malice teeming from his eyes and crooked smile.

“I ask you all to abandon them as they have done to you and to allow destiny to truly live its natural course. I promise you this, their fate will be righted. If these so called ‘heroes’ have any desire to this kingdom they call there own, then I offer a challenge: Confront me, and my Disciples of Destiny at Worlds End. Only there will destiny be righted.”

Nex moved backwards as the screen seemed to dissolve into not just Nex, but nearly a dozen other cloaked individuals with only their eyes showing past the shadows.

Riku’s heart beat fast, and cold. It was time to fulfill his destiny, to end this once and for all. He edged his way past many onlookers and past the medical bay until he heard a scream and turned but stood dead still as he watched Sora walk from the infirmary decked neck to toe in an odd body armor, his eyes locked and focused in such a way that even with what they both had been through, scared Riku.

Their eyes met, there was no friendly embrace, just two sets of eyes batting silently with the other until Sora turned and raced toward the docking bays. Riku gave chase, but was stopped as he looked in the infirmary to see two people lying arm in arm, unconscious. Sora, what have you done? Riku thought as he arced towards them, his arms flying daftly, both reading a pulse. He let out a sigh of relief as medics came forward and began to treat the two victims. Riku looked down in shock at recognizing the girl as being the one who he had collided with earlier, the boy, unfamiliar. Riku grabbed the nearest medic.

“Get me a comlink to the King. We have a big problem.”

The medic fumbled inside his white coat pocket and extracted the communications device and recoiled as Riku grabbed it from his hands.

“Your Highness, your Highness please come in, it’s me, it’s Riku.”

A moments worth of static greeted him before a small voice spoke back to him.

“Riku, get up here right now. We have a huge problem.”

“What? What is it is it Sora?”

The King paused, as if confused, as if not having heard him. “No, we are under attack.”

Riku dropped the comlink to the floor as warning lights and sirens screamed across the ship, his eyes gazed out the nearest bay view port. There stretched across the vastness of space, where New Declaration had stood, lay a mine field of asteroids, as a small moon seemed to grow closer and closer to the Arwing Memory.

“My God, what happened to the planet what is that thing??? Did the moon do that??” A scared deckhand asked to no one in particular.

Riku shook his head and ran towards the Bridge. “That’s no moon.”

Nex sat next to the operating table staring at the boy who he had bred to become the protege' of him, the Great Master Nex, to replace his true heir... He looked up and watched as a live feed showed New Declaration instantly vaporizing into a million different sized asteroids. War had begun. If i can not be given my destiny, then no one shall.

He smiled to himself as the Disciples moved forward carrying the unconscious Princess Peach. Nex watched as a single ship flew from the flagship and instantly vanished. "He has taken the bait. Let's not dare disappoint the last Key Guardian."

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Wow, that was just amazing!!! So, Sora and Ven are brothers, and Axel and Terra are brothers? That is kind of what I gathered from reading the part with Sora and Terra. Anyway, spectacular job, and I can't wait until your next update. This looks like the beginning of the end, and I just know this story will go out with a bang.

Destined

Chapter 14
Battle Lines​

The morning sun rose across the grand fields and twinkled in the mosaic windows adorning the Temple of Twilight, but the color that arched across the morning sky was not a lazy blue, but magenta. Blood had been spilt.

Hyrule was ablaze with villagers clambering to make their homes and business prepared for attack and collecting necessary goods to survive an onslaught if the guards were to turn their attention from hunting the heroes to taking over the castle.

Amid all the noise and fear, the young child stood against a dilapidated ironsmith’s shop, staring at the Temple of Twilight. He had seemed like an angel when she had collided with him, a ray of hope to hold on to during the months of suffering, plus, Rinn thought to herself with a slight smile, he was cute.

Rinn blinked out of the daydream and hefted up here pack to return to her home for the morning chores. Each evening she snuck away in hopes that the boy no older than herself would emerge and she could look upon him once more. Rinn was about to enter into the flow of traffic until, a hushed conversation drew her attention to the alleyway behind the Temple. Eager to see the boy again, she hurried over and crouched down next to the Temple foundations edge as bits of conversation could be heard.

“…I don’t care if he says we are to remain neutral, a villager told me last night that others were forming a resistance movement against us, and I say we cut them off before we have a war on our own hands.”
“ Master Nex gaves us a direct order to keep the peace until he captured all of the Rogues.” A more commanding voice declared.

“So they can throttle you in the night then? I say we strike first, show our muscles. That way they will know what they are dealing with.”

Am murmur of agreement rose in the group, the commander seemed to slightly lose his level of authority. “ If you do anything Private Ozeru, you will be committing treason, you’ll be killed.”

The first voice scoffed. “Treason? Isn’t it treason to avoid keeping the peace peacefully? We will show we mean business, with or without you.”

The commander stifled a cry for help as the others bound and gagged the man, and from what Rinn could see around the corner, they were hurting him badly. She saw the man who had first spoken look around with triumph as he held some sort of a package in his hands that the others laughed along with.

“Let’s show these pathetic farmers that we are the law around here. Only one way to do that,” he said, placing the package against the building, “blow up hope.”

Rinn collapsed back in shear shock, these militia men were going to blow up Princess Zelda’s shrine! No, she thought, I can’t let them do this. Rinn silently looked around the ground and picked up a small but heavy rock and tossed it up to judge the weight, and peered around the corner again. The men were huddled around the package as they horrifically tied their commander to the bomb. Rinn picked her target and fired.

A surprised cry of anger erupted from the Private called Ozeru as the rock crashed into his head, he twirled around and his eyes locked on Rinn. “GET HER!!!” he cried.

Rinn ran. She ran along the outer wall of the Temple and into the thick of the crowd. She stole a glance behind her and saw a Milita head through the crowd as she pointed at Rinn. Rinn looked around for options and saw only one, tripped a man carrying an armful of building supplies.

The man fell backwards colliding with the Milita and causing a block in travel, buying Rinn time to race a block again, she turned a corner and collided with Ozeru, holding a hand against his swelling bruise. He unsheathed his sword and advanced on Rinn.

“You have assaulted a member of the Destined Militia, the punishment of which is death.” The blade arched backward and Rinn curled up jamming her eyes closed, wishing she’d seen the boy one more time…metal struck metal.

Rinn opened her right eye and saw Ozeru take a step back panic in his eyes. Rinn turned and saw a group of villagers, some familiar, advancing on Ozeru with a multitude of weapons. The man that had saved her life she realized was her father.

“Corinne, what is going on?” her father asked, not taking his eyes off of Ozeru.

“He—he’s going to blow up the Temple to prove that they are in control.”

The crowd turned instantly from agitated to enraged, vengeance smoldering in their eyes. Ozeru gathered himself and stood straight, an evil grin painted across his face.

“So, you are the one leading the Resistance old man? I would have expected you to be out wallowing in some manure field trying to scrape out a living for you and this pathetic girl. It will please me to no end to watch as the life drains from your face.” He lunged.

Ozeru’s sword seemed to become sluggish as shock and fear drained across Ozeru’s face. He looked from the sword to Rinn and was paralyzed. Her innocent eyes had changed from a soft midnight blue to icy silver as she held a small staff shaped like a crescent moon, her lips moving in silence. Her father stepped forward and stared into Ozeru’s large eyes and smirked.

“Your tenure in Hyrule, is over.”

Riot erupted as Ozeru’s comrades began to fight the crowd and an explosion rocked the ground from a few blocks away sending masonry and smoke in every direction. Hyrule had awaken to war.
Word quickly spread across the world and soon began to be whispered between back alleys on Kanto, to the highest of Mushroom Kingdom. Soon, more and more conflicts erupted across the Kingdom and with it, small fleets of warriors great and small took whatever means of transportation they could, and joined in the fight, some smuggling families and rebels across kingdom borders to make a new life or join up with the Arwing Memory.

Rinn stood gazing out the transportation viewport at the vastness of empty space, twirling her necklace unconsciously. Her father came forward and rested his hands upon her shoulders.

“You did what was right, and for that I’m proud of you.”

Rinn stared at her blurring reflection as tears began to form at the corners of her eyes, but they never fell.

“Hyrule and all the other worlds are fighting against what has so long controlled us, but I want you to know that there is more to life than fighting. Remember that Corinne.”

A voice broke the silence from the speaker system. “Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the pilot, we are now on approach to the Mushroom Kingdom border, please stand by as we prepare to pass through.”

The ship seemed to rock slightly as it rocketed forwards, stars whizzing by at great speed. Slowly the stars realigned and the ship slowed down as a vast number of worlds greeted Rinn’s eyes.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Kingdom Hearts.”

The alarms blared as personnel rushed throughout the ship, scrambling to their designated battle stations. Riku pushed onwards, towards the bridge, fighting with his conscious. Sora was here, but something was very very wrong, and New Declaration had just been destroyed…What have I done…
The sliding doors opened to sheer mayhem as Riku stepped onto the bridge. Fox sat calmly at the head display issuing orders and analyzing system malfunctions. Riku looked around and saw Link, Bosku and the King near a bank of monitors he rushed over.

“Mickey, what’s going on??”

The King stood staring, his eyes boring through the monitor. “the world was destroyed by that super weapon.”

Riku shook his head trying to sort everything out. “I know your highness, but did you hear who is here? Did you hear my message?” the King shook his head, his brow knitting together.

“Sora.” The King ripped his eyes from the monitor and stared at Riku, puzzled and fearful.

“Hey what are you doing talking about Sora?” Mario asked as he and the other’s from Outcast Bay stepped forward from the entrance. Riku looked at them questioningly.

“You know Sora?”

Mario laughed. “Course we know him, if it weren’t for him, we’d all still be in that cell on Outcast Bay, isn’t that right Sparrow?”

“Inescapable clear there mate.” Sparrow hollered from the navigational display, his eyes locked on the spinning compass in his hand as he mentioned headings to Fox.

“SIR!! One of our fighters has just left docking bay 92 without clearance and is heading toward the border” a officer yelled, but Riku and Mickey already answering the question together.

“Sora.”

Fox looked back from his displays with disgust and his temper rising. “I don’t care who he is, as long as he doesn’t damage my fighter! Ty, how’s it coming getting a picture of that thing on our screens?” Fox asked pointing toward the approaching moon.

Ty stood at the radar, his shoulders slouched as the image grew ever near.

“I watched both of them blow up.” He responded.

“What are you talking about?” Riku questioned.

Ty remained staring at the radar in disbelieve. “Years ago I flew with a squadron and watched as that weapon was destroyed over Yavin IV, then watched as another version of it exploded over Endor. This, is the Death Star.”

Warning signals and a red flashing light illuminated the bridge as even more chaos ensured.
Bosku and Chappu hollered from the weapons system, “whatever IT is, IT is getting ready to fire on us!”

“Take the Memory on the same trajectory as that fighter, get us out of here!” Fox barked.

The Arwing Memory dipped and rotated on it’s axis as a magnificent emerald beam erupted in the space the ship had been in moments ago.

Riku turned and realized that Sora was going to go and enter Kingdom Hearts and take on Dest himself, he couldn’t permit this, he grabbed Mickey and slowly shook him. “Your Highness, you must open up the border to Kingdom Hearts, it’s the only way that we can get out of here.”

Mickey looked at Riku’s determination and nodded. He pulled out a small transmitter from inside his clothes and began to issue orders for Disney Castle to open all borders between the worlds and to be on the highest of alters, prepared for any form of attack.

Jack gazed down at his compass and watched as the needle took a sharp downwards spin and froze pointing due east. “All ahead full and hard to starboard!!”

Tensions remained high as the Memory sped across the cosmos and appeared before a swirling nebula. Axel stood a deck above watching the madness ensue. He gazed at the nebula and frowned. Roxas, what are you doing? You taught me once that no ones destiny was written, but are you doing this for him, or for her? The ship entered and passed into Kingdom Hearts and the distant Disney Castle floated into view.

Axel shook his head, and opened a corridor to the darkness. It’s time I make you proud Terra…He stepped inside and vanished. Riku stood staring and watched green and black corridor vanish. He didn’t know what Axel was playing at, but he hoped it was in their favor. He stepped forward and stood next to Fox.

“Take us to Worlds End.”

“Princess Kairi, are you all right?”

Kairisat slouched in the armchair feeling as though the room and everything inside it was whizzing around her head. Grandmother, why didn’t you tell me…Kairi snapped to attention as a distant crash echoed from the main entrance far below.

“Oh dear, I fear that they have come earlier than expected.” The machine cried in alarm.
“Who? Who is coming?” Kairi demanded spinning out of the chair and summoning Three Wishes.

“The Sacrificed.”

Kairi turned her head slowly until the golden beams of the machine met her eyes. An unspoken understanding passed between them as Kairi realized that if her father WAS Lord Colevio, then she was not safe anywhere. “What must I do?”

A section of earth slid aside leading to a dark passage. “Take this passage way, it will lead you to the door back to your reality. You must take up the mantle of the Bloodline of Fate and to do this you must rectify the Balance. History shall repeat itself as it has since the first War: In the end, one will fall.”
A cold hollowness grew inside of Kairi as she stared dumbfounded at what the ancient machine had just said. “What do you mean—“

“There isn’t any time Princess, You are our only hope.” The machine demanded as its head swiveled back around to see a creature appear from the staircase.

Kairi froze in shock as the creature moved closer, it’s left leg hanging broken and twisted behind. “Hello Princess.”

“GO!” The machine wailed as Kairi turned and fled toward the passage. The creature released an angry cry and reached for Kairi. It’s bony fingers were just about to close around Kairi’s leg as the wall crashed down on the creatures hand, blocking Kairi from him.

Kairi stood staring at the wall as she heard the other monsters scream and search the room, and cringed when she heard the machine shatter into dozens of pieces against the far wall. She turned and slowly walked down the cavernous passage until she came across a simple reflective door etched into the cavern. Kairi stepped forward and gasped as her reflection wasn’t herself, but Naminè.

“Hello Kairi, I’ve been waiting for you for awhile now. I take it that C-3PO has told you everything?” she asked with a note of sadness.

“He said One would fall…”

Naminè hung her head. “It’s what must be done. A simple farm boy sacrificed himself to save his kingdom 15 years ago and failed, Princess Zelda was murdered and her Kingdom fell into war, Yu Yevon was imprisoned as an unsent pyrefly on Zanarkand because the balance has shifted so drastically. So you see now, One will fall.”

“NO! I won’t let them take him away!!” Kairi screamed releasing her anger against the cavern itself, the keyblade clanging with each strike.

“There’s nothing you can do, It’s the only way to bring back peace.”

Kairi wiped her cheeks on the back of her hand. “I—I’ll take his place.”

Naminè smiled at her somebodie’s determination but shook her head. “It’s too late to change, it’s his destiny. Come, it’s time you awaken.”

The door cracked open slightly as a warm breeze rushed out, Kairi took the handle and pulled, swearing to herself that Sora would not die.

Axel walked down the pulsating corridor of darkness and quietly pondered the events to himself. He had thought it was crazy when Xehanort had told the Organization about the tale of Master Nex, but now it appeared that it was all too real, he tightened his cloak around him and in doing so, felt an object in his chest pocket brush against the fabric. He smiled, just a little longer. He paused and stepped out of the darkness to find a sword pointed at his chest.

“What is the meaning of this?” Jones spat, his tentacles flaring as the sword remained rock steady. Axel raised his arms in mock fear.

“Come off it Jonesy. I’m an ally.”

“Beggin your pardon if you understand my failings to accept that. You appear out of a fog and expect me to graciously accept you as one of my own? Not likely.” He advanced.

“I didn’t want to have to do this,” Axel sighed, “Parlay.”

Jones was caught off balance and glared at Axel, he sheathed his sword.

“You better make it quick, traitor, I’ve got a score to settle.”

Axel stepped around the mast and gazed at the worlds as they past. “So you’ve made it into Kingdom Hearts? Huh, I’d have thought you’d be heading toward the other Kingdom myself.”

Jones tilted his head as he watched Axel gaze over the side of the Dutchman. “Why I’m here is of no concern for yourself, you are wasting my time.”

Axel gazed longingly over the side as Twilight Town past away, part of him wanting to kill Jones and be done with it, but it wasn’t what he had concocted. He was about to speak until Aerith and Auron appeared from below deck. Axel looked at both of them and a wide smile grew on his face.

“Well, well Jones, it seems as though you have been busy. Let me guess, you are holding a deal over both of them to have them do your bidding, no doubt to kill Nex?”

Jones began to laugh deep in his throat. “You run a risky game boy, what is it you want?”

“It’s not what I want, it’s what you want.”

“You are not making any sense, I want nothing.” Jones frowned.

Axel smirked, “Is that what your heart is telling you?”

Jones soul shivered, this boy was seeing right through him and he could not permit it any further.
“Heart? I’m Captain of the Flying Dutchman, I HAVE no Heart.”

“You sure it doesn’t belong to someone else?” Axel asked lazily rolling a bottle of rum between his hands, “I know all about you and Calypso. And I’m surprised to see that you haven’t done anything about it.”

“She betrayed ME, Ten years I waited for her and she wasn’t there!” Jones bellowed drawing his sword and began to advance again, this time Axel drew both of his key spheres and tempted fate.

“He didn’t tell you did he…” Axel asked aloud.

“Tell me what?”

Axel met the cold determined stare of Jones and lowered his duel spheres, “Calypso fled Kingdom Hearts and became known as the Goddess of Spira, Yu Yevon….Nex murdered her. He didn’t tell you?”
The silence passed between the two as Aerith silently walked forward and placed her right hand on Jone’s shoulder. “It’s true.”

Jones turned from the intruder and his crew and rushed into his cabin and heavily sat down at the ancient organ. It wasn’t true he thought to himself, but the more it pained him to think about, the more it began to make sense. Jones stared absent-mindedly at the stained ivory keys and worked his way up toward the ancient locket that he had shared with Calypso. He cried out in rage, and upturned his large wooden desk and saw Auron, Aerith and Axel standing in the doorway.

“He will pay.”

Axel held up his hand, “Before we do that we must confront the ones who know him the best and how we can defeat him.”

Jones smiled. And lurched out of his cabin to the stand before his crew.

“Make ready the canvas, set sail for Destiny Island.” He announced while reaching into his coat pocket and extracting a long slip of parchment and a feathered pen. He slowly wrote three names and began to chant.

“He comes, at this hour, hungry for revenge. To he who bears, the black spot.”

Axel gazed at the list and saw at the bottom: Gannon, King Bowser and Nex’s names. It was all going as planned.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
That was so awesome!!! The first part of the story was a little confusing to me (probably because I don't know of most of the characters), but the rest of the chapter was great. I'll probably reread it later to better understand it; I read through that chapter pretty fast. Anyway, great job again, and I look forward to your next update.

Destined

Chapter 15: Approaching Storm
“It’s been almost a week and I’m tired of you telling me to remain calm GANONDORF!” Bowser roared as he continued to pace heavily about the subterranean chamber.

Ganon stood standing where he had off and on since Kairi’s condition had risen from comatose to near full consciousness. If she awoke prematurely, then it’s possible that this desperate act of treason could very well be all for not, Ganon feared as Kairi’s chest continued to rise with each new breathe.

Ganon turned and reached his hand to rub his tired eyes and protest Bowser’s insolence when he suddenly froze, his hand inches from his face and saw the sacred Tri-Force on his right palm slowly becoming consumed by a black, inky mark. Ganon stood still as he looked up to see Bowser’s large reptilian hand mimic his own and felt the dread seep from his throat.

“Jones knows.”

“Knows what boys?” Axel asked calmly walking from the depth of the caved in corridor.

Bowser and Ganon leapt into action unsheathing their respective weapons, but remained in check as Axel stared them both down, his fiery eyes egging them to attack.

“We are dead men, traveler. Nothing you may throw at us will be worth than the wrath that we have coming.” Ganon rebuked, his keyblade swung determined, a black haze drifted off of it.

Axel merely shrugged as he walked unencumbered toward the daize that Kairi was resting on. As he approached the daize, his eyes quickly scanned for life signs and smiled as the monitors told him what he was hoping. “I wouldn’t be too sure of that.”

Bowser lifted his key club and began to take a practice swing, all the while keeping Axel within view. “If he has deemed you to be the messenger of death, that I’ll be sending you back to him as a pile of bones. Tell Nex—“

“Nex?” Axel turned his gaze clouded while he scratched his head. “Bald man with a knack for trying to take over the universe? He’s got his own problems coming, I can promise you that. He’s got the black mark same as you two.”

Ganon advanced forward, cautiously lowering his blade, “Nex didn’t send you? I’d have thought for sure he had sent—“

“Sent Jones against those who wished to destroy his perfect reality? Hardly. You see, Jones and I are bringing the fight to HIS doorstep as it were, and to do that, we need the three of you.”

“Three? What good will it do to bring HER with us to the one man we’ve been trying to hide her from?” Bowser asked, steam rising from his nostrils.

Axel paused as the object shifted under his robes. “Because she has a touch of her own destiny to play.”

Ganon and Bowser both turned and gazed in horror as Kairi stood behind them, Three Wishes held menacingly at each of them, determination bleeding from her eyes. “Got it memorized?”

What pain is this? I’ve never been able to feel anything like this, is it real? It can’t be real, I have no heart, I have no soul, only limited time, Dest thought as he blotted out the sun that grew across his face with his outstretched hand. He gazed out the side window and took note of the endless waves of sand and hints of an ocean far off. It was deadly silent. No birds soaring, no wind of any kind, just inevitable time. Footsteps grew more predominant as Dest turned to see Nex standing at the entrance to his medical room, more shapes blending together behind him.

“It is time, Chosen One.”

Dest rose slowly from the bed, his face appeared older, his eyes less brilliant, his facial features more drawn than moments ago, Nex thought as a shiver ran down his spin.

“The war has begun.”

Dest paused and looked out the small window again and exhaled as he watched a ship sail from the horizon and land on the beach miles away, all ready knowing that the artist of Outcast Bay had just arrived. He relaxed as Nex placed both hands on his shoulders. “It is my Destiny.” He said as he continued to stare toward the distant ocean.

Nex nodded, signaling the Disciples to make themselves ready. “It is our Destiny.”

The ship flew true, it was a faster and more maneuverable style than the Gummi ship Donald and Goofy had passed to him those months ago, but nothing mattered to Sora. Not the revelation that he was the last of a long forgotten age of Key Guardians, or that hours before he had discovered he had an older brother. The only things that were playing through Sora’s head were the images of Nex holding Kairi and the fear in Riku’s eyes.

Kairi.

It didn’t matter now, Sora’s mind was only meticulously going through every ability, spell and form he could remember from the past two years.

Kairi.

He looked emotionless as he descended toward the seemingly dead world that consisted of just one single giant desert island residing on a planet of water. This was the feared Worlds End. Sora scoffed. It was ironic that the final fight of the Key Guardians would take place on a world befitting it’s namesake. He gazed down at the approaching beach and rising castle off in the distance and frowned. Sora tried with all his might to see through the metallic armor of the craft but nearly crashed the small ship as he felt a growing sense of pleading and sorrow in his heart. He dropped his mouth in shock. Where he would normal feel two presences he only felt Kairi.

ROXAS!! he screamed inside his mind, trying to awake the nobody, but felt no response. A cold chill raced down his spine as he exited the fighter on the pounding beach. Sora racked his mind trying to recall the events following the escape from Outcast Bay but drew a hallow blank. Somehow the Warden had stripped Roxas from Sora, and now Sora felt even more resentment toward the hooded version of Riku.

Kairi, Roxas: I’m coming, he thought as he walked from his stolen ship, both Awakening Hope & Oathkeeper prepared in his armored fists and as he crested the beach, he saw a lone mirage off in the distance, growing slowly towards himself.

“It’s time to end this.”

The landing crafts jettisoned from the orbiting Memory and rocketed towards the barren world. Jack blanched as he gazed down at Davy Jones Locker. “Mr. Gibbs had best have a good reason for allowing my Pearl to be commandeered...AGAIN.…that is to say if those caniving crustaceans haven’t carted my precious Pearl back to the Locker.” Tsukasa released a pent up laugh, causing Sparrow to swivel in his crash webbing.

“Why would your ship be here? Barbossa may be a murderous traitor, but stupid? He knows that once you enter the Locker there is no going back.”

Jones smiled to himself, “You’d be surprised mate.”

Seated behind Sparrow and Mario, Rebecca sat gazing out at the stars, dreaming of seeing Ulitma City and her father again. A gasped cry ripped through the cabin as Rebecca snapped her head around to see Ty, gripping his chest with his hands.

"Ty!! What's wrong?!" Rebecca cried trying to turn and loosen his crash webbing.

Ty coughed repeatedly shaking his head as his face returned to its normal color. "I'm--I'm fine. I just felt a presence i've not felt in near of two decades...and he's...waiting for me...Nex knows we are coming."

Mario glanced up from his flight board. “Ten minutes till we land, get ready ladies and gents, it’s going to be a bumpy ride.”

“Take us down two clicks to the right and straight on in.” Bosku declared, looking up from his monitor aboard Fantasmic, the King diligently turning the yoke.

Riku stood next to Link, both men not having said a word since the issues were given for the warfighter Rum Runner and the King’s Fantasmic were to be the advanced landing squad. Neither men dared to speak, knowing that it would only worsen the tense atmosphere aboard the advanced Gummi ship.

“Fantasmic and Rum Runner: Scanners indicate that the stolen warfighter landed near the beachhead nearest an ancient castle. Also we have unknown numbers of bogies surrounding the castle and inside what we believe to be a docking bay near the East spire. Once both ships are groundside, and contact is made, the Zanarkand Auroch will supply the cover fire. Fox fleet will hold orbit and will launch the waves as necessary. Also your Majesty, General Aran has arrived and is coordinating defenses above Disney Castle. Good luck, and Bless her Holiness.” The distant static voice of McCloud signed off.

“Here we go.” Mickey declared as he pushed his ship into a slow roll and descended, becoming one with the clouds.

Riku tightened his grip on Way to the Dawn and noticed Link had unsheathed his keyblade both men locked eyes and nodded. “I’m sorry it has to be this way,” Link began, “I see now that you had no control over this fate. It was wrong of me to blame you without knowing the details but the only comfort I can provide is the knowledge that whatever happens today, We do it fighting for what we believe in.”

Riku soberly nodded as the clouds outside the main view parted and stared on as his destiny stepped ever closer.

“Make ready the sails and set a course to the Locker!” Jones barked as the Flying Dutchman grew further and further away from Destiny Island. With Ganon and Bowser’s hasty defection, Jones had regained a spark in his sea green eyes to the delight of the crew.

“You best not be having seconds thoughts boy, we’re heading off the map and into the wrath of destiny herself.” Jones remarked as Axel rested with his hands squarely on the deck railing.

“I know my part in all this, but what about theirs?” Axel asked, looking down a deck toward where Kairi, Aerith and Auron were talking amongst themselves.

“They have a debt to honor.”

Axel swung around and shook his head, a disgusted smirk on his face. “A long dead guardian, and a flower girl against Nex and his armada? It’s suicide at best.”

Jones gazed down at Aerith, his eyes betraying a sense of a distant longing. “She is fighting for something that was taken from her by the same monsters that sought to command me. It’s a power that even death can not take from us, love. It’s best YOU memorize that.”

Axel shook his head and left Jones, his mind conflicted but as he was about to drop below deck, he saw Kairi look up at the stars, equally distraught and lost. Something inside him connected and he realized that there truly were limits to what one person would do for another.

Kairi watched Axel head into the ships lower decks and sighed, he looked out across the deck at the ebb and flow of the deckhands as they meticulously went about the duties given to them by Jones. Kairi swung her head trying to clear the fog, so much had happened while she was unconscious and hearing about it, let alone from Axel, had rattled her.

“Don’t be afraid, Kairi. You know that everything will always work out in the end.” Aerith spoke while weaving a delicate ball of silk around a metallic charm.

Kairi turned her head away as tears began to silently fall, trying to conceal it through her embarrassment. She felt a hand come to rest on her shoulder.

“He fights for what is right and above all else, he is doing it so that one day, a smile can return to your wonderful face.” Auron calmly spoke. Kairi brushed her burning eyes and gazed up into the war-torn and haggard face of the guardian.

“But what if it takes another year? Or five? What if this war never ends or Sora CAN’T win? What if—“ Kairi pictured Sora dying in the heat of the war, as Naminè had prophesized.

Auron blinked, momentarily lost with words before his mind floated back to his greatest memories. “Ten years ago, I earned the greatest gift anyone from Spira could ask: the ability to guard the summoner on the pilgrimage to rid our world of Sin. Braska and I were both disgraces to our world, and most laughed at us for even thinking we could take the pilgrimage, but after we both met a man in Bevelle, we knew that no matter how hard the battle, whether it be a victory or utter defeat, we would stand united and try to do our own part to bring peace back to Spira. Sora is not unlike Jecht, Braska or even myself in his desire to bring about peace to his world and to others. No matter if it takes a lifetime, as long as you realize the truth, he will continue to fight.”

Auron gazed down at Kairi and could see pieces of Yuna and Tidus in both Sora when they first met deep in the Underworld. “As long as he knows you are safe, nothing can harm him.”

Jones remained fixated to where he stood before the wheel, sadness etched across his face. He reached down and lifted up the ancient locket he had shared with Calypso so many years ago.

“It’s all right,” Aerith whispered as she moved next to Jones, “she knows that your heart is always hers and that you'd fight for her just as hard as Sora fights for Kairi.”

Jones face hardened as he looked down at the innocent girl he had stolen from the world, this person who no more would harm a fly. He was ashamed of himself. His eyes fell to her hands and noticed a glint of light reflecting off a metal charm.

“I—I’m sorry for having dragged you into this lass.” Jones stammered.

Aerith looked up with the deepest care in her eyes. “Don’t be sorry, you have given me the greatest gift of all: hope.”

A thin smile spread across Jones weathered features. For the first time in near of a decade, the heartless captain felt purposeful and steered on, as the Dutchman flew on towards the distant Locker...

Destined

Cool i can't wait for the battle and everything that's about to happen. Sora, Riku, and Kairi will be reunited only to have one taken away, or maybe not. Ether way I wait in anticipation for the next chapter.

Also I'm kinda confused, who's Riku's Nobody Nex or Dest?

To answer your question Coldman, Dest is Riku's Nobody while Nex is the leader of the Destined.

Destined

Chapter 15 The Keyblade War

The foreboding castle seemed to rise out of the deserted island like an approaching storm on the horizon, Sora thought as he crested another dune. He stopped; sweat dripping off of him from a combination of the blistering sun and the heavy armor.

Sora bent low, sucking in as much air as he dared while using as little energy as possible, trying to conserve enough for the coming battle. He tilted his armored head upwards and took in the castle.

For appearances, it was nothing spectacular, an ancient fortress that was losing the battle against the elements as sections of wall and mortar scattered the remnants of architecture. The only thing that worried Sora as he gazed at the entrance, was that the mirage he saw glimpses of with each step closer, had not diminished but instead had spawned into two people, the first being adorned in a blue-black metallic armor and the other a cloaked man standing behind some sort of bundle.

As Sora squinted now, details became clear as a locket of red hair swung lazily down the bundles face. Kairi.

Sora grit his teeth and his eyes narrowed as the cloaked man reached for him, taunting him to come closer. With both Oathkeeper and Awakening Hope locked, extensions of himself, he stepped onto a stone encrusted path that lead to the castle.

The path curled around and led Sora to the main entrance, a drawbridge. Standing on the other side was the armored man, Nex and Princess Peach. Nex stood behind Peach, his arms crossed behind his swirling gray cloak.

“You have come then, to sacrifice yourself and all you know for our destiny.”

Sora stood rock still, his helmet swinging between Nex and the blue man. “I’ve come here to stop you, to finish an oath from the key guardians of old to end this war.”

Nex titled his head and cocked his right eyebrow and laughed. “So, my students survived our last encounter to pass their failings on to the youngests brother. How poetic that you will die almost exactly where I killed him.”

The blue armored man stepped forward, causing Nex to turn out of surprise. “You aren’t him.” The warden spat, but under the resentment, Sora saw him physically waver. So Terra was right, he only has a few more days…

“I’d rather look at it as two brothers finishing off a corrupt family. Ven took away the man who should be wearing that armor,” he stated pointing Oathkeeper toward the warden, “Ironic isn’t it?”

Nex took a step backward as if he had just been thrown from a cliff, Sora was surprised he didn’t collapse, but continued.

“You really think the Key Guardians would lose so easily? You never did ask yourself why Colevio didn’t come to your aid?”

“You—How can you—“

“What?” Sora asked mockingly. “You think I’d stand by and watch your minions kidnap my friend?”

Nex’s head snapped up, his emotional anguish instantly vanishing. A smile formed at the corner of his mouth. His hand flicked upwards as the unconscious body rose, Peach’s face concealed from Sora.

“You mean her? The weak girl screamed your name as she died. Not very fitting considering she is one of the revered Princesses of Hearts is it? I desired you to do JUST that and keep your nose out of this, and your childishness has forced my hand. That is why you have failed.”

“…No…” Sora whispered staring at the body he thought was Kairi. Slowly all fear in his voice and eyes vanished, replaced by sheer determination and revenge.

Sora dropped to his right knee, summoning both blades and launched toward Nex. Warnings went off as a flicker of movement caused Sora to instinctually rise to block. Metal hit metal as Dest’s blade glanced away. Sora dodged, and with a twisting leap, began to super glide straight at Nex.

Nex unleashed a hearty laugh and summoned an unseen magic. Suddenly, the ground began to rock and quake as everything inside the drawbridge suddenly rocketed skyward, with Nex smiling menacingly at Sora.

Sora bared his teeth in disgust. This isn’t a personal arena, he thought but as he corrected his course, an energy ball erupted above him. Sora stole a glimpse over his shoulder and saw the warden flying atop his keyblade like a surfboard not far behind, with the blade launching orb after orb at Sora.

Sora swerved wildly till he found himself gliding backwards with both keyblades pressed together pointing straight at Dest.

Dest squinted in the rushing air, swearing under his breath as the twin blades formed a combination Magnet Slash and Eruption spell that no matter how much juking and diving would not find him.

As Dest struggled with the minefield of spells and began to drift further away, Sora released a long breathe. Looks like I can merge spells, he thought as he shot up over the newly formed cliff edge, landing in an Aerial Dive with both blades ready and waiting.

Nex turned to look back at Sora an annoyed grimace in his upturned frown.

“You know it’s kinda easy to track you down way up here, what with the sun blaring off your shiny head.”

Nex twirled around, lifting Peach while simultaneously producing a faint glowing dagger, freezing Sora in place. “You think your childish threats can defeat me? I am Master Nex, harbinger of fate, prophet of destiny, what are you besides a reckless teenager?”

“I destroyed your disciple Xehanort, put an end to Maleficent’s reign, walked between the light and darkness for over a year for another and toppled Organization XIII; all before my 15th birthday. So I ask YOU, what are you but a washed out, empty threat filled hermit?”

Nex gripped the dagger tighter. “How dare you, your insolence will cost you the Princesses life.”

It happened in slow motion.

Nex drew back the dagger his eyes flashing unparalleled joy while Sora was advancing a roar forming on the tip of his tongue as he slowly began to scissor cut the air in front of him. As the dagger drifted slowly closer, Peach’s eyes drifted open with confusion and caution, her face lightening up as a brilliant red fireball collided with Nex’s back, sending Peach rolling to the left while the dagger flew out of Nex’s hands and over the cliff edge.

“You think that you can just threaten our Princess and we’d sit back and watch?” a familiar voice yelled at Nex.

Nex swung around and lifted his head to see a silver and red clad Mario stepping from the cloud of dust, his blade pointed squarely at Nex. Slowly more figures holding a wide range of weapons and blades materialized behind Mario, Sora grinned wildly.

“Never thought you’d be seeing us again eh?” Sparrow chimed in holding his compass victoriously.

Nex stared at the new threats and with speed unthinkable, unleashed a curse of death aimed directly at Peach. The spell would have flown straight and true, if not for a massive wall of energy that absorbed the spell, dissolving it to nothingness. Sora stood on the tips of his toes to see Ty stepping through the crowd, one hand raised and mysteriously casting a protective bubble around Peach, the other holding a hissing orange lightsaber.

Nex scowled as Ty shot him a lopsided smirk. “We meet again Nexarlov. What’s it been, a long time ago in a kingdom far away?”

Nex rose slowly, now more cautious than ever. “Padawan, this is most disgraceful. I was told—“

“That I died on Alderaan like all the others? You can thank Ansem for that, Master.”

Sora and the group advanced slowly, encircling Nex around the cliff top edge. Sora stole a moment and looked to his right to see Rebecca freeing Princess Peach, Not Kairi…What have I done? I blew everything and wouldn’t look inside my heart Kairi, but this is what has to be done…for you…

Nex stood facing the sudden army and folded his arms slowly, every nerve ending in his body formulating and analyzing escape routes and his chances for success. “So you all mean to defeat me and return your Kingdom’s to a false peace and return your names to honor? I can not permit this. The challenge was summoned bringing you all here together, but were you the only ones to answer?”

The group tensed and prepared to attack when to there surprise Nex leapt over the side. Everyone rushed over trying to make sense of it all only to see rising from the vast emptiness, Nex staring back at them as he stood securely on the bow of the Black Pearl.

“An eye for an eye.” Nex coolly stated as Barbossa drew the Pearl up and above the cliff, a mix of cheers rang from the ship as numerous beings stepped to the railings wearing the same gray and black cloaks Nex wore. Standing along side Barbossa, was Dest.

Jack let out a soft whistle and gazed around till he found Tsukasa standing near Link wearing a bandana with his deck of cards at the ready, “Told you.”

Nex levitated high and came and floated above the Pearl and the Declaration warriors. “Let there be no quarter. Disciples,” Nex called turning to face the Pearl occupants, “Your destiny has brought you here, accept it and you shall not falter.”

The cloaks erupted in cheers and leapt overboard, landing while summoning their respective weapons. The warriors tensed preparing themselves for the battle to come, Sora especially because part of him already knew the outcome of the war, until two hands came to rest gently on both his shoulders. Sora looked back and his heart leapt.

“You didn’t think I’d let you take all the credit right Sora?” Riku asked, Way to the Dawn swinging circles around him.

“We stand united, not just for our Kingdom, but for the universe.” Mickey announced with a wink.

Mario stepped forward as did Ash, Leon Kennedy, Sparrow, Tsukasa, Ty, Lord Bosku, Link, and Rebecca McMann, “You saved us once Savior, high time we repay our debt” he smiled and twisted his red hat till it faced backwards.

Sora turned back and watched the oncoming Disciples, he twisted the blade grips in his hands and flashed his childish smile.

This was destined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back