• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Aristocracy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Nicia nodded in return. Taking Merc by his front limbs, she dunked half of his body into Vespacci's drink. Merc squirmed at the sudden sensation, but could not break Nicia's grasp.

"καλός βάτραχος. μόλιs ας δικό σου δηλητήριο στάξιμο forth. όχι όχι. Don't παίρνω έναs shit. μπορείs παίρνω έναs shit πότε εμείs χορεύω επάνω δικός του τάφος."

Good frog. Just let your poison drip forth. No no. Don't take a shit. You may take a shit when we dance on his tomb.

There. A good five second dip. A mere piece of paper could kill if a poison dart frog walked on it. Vespacci had the wonderful pleasure of seeing what happens when this poison comes in contact with one's guts. Time to be a star struck tourist again.

"Naughty little prince! Thank goodness you got the directions from this kind gentleman. We have reservations at that fancy restraunt and I will not be at blame if we miss them."

Giving a clumsy bow, Nicia waved good bye as she lead Harper away, arms linked. She gave a small smile to make note of her success. But instead of leading him back to the car, she walked behind a bush. Through there they could see Vespacci, who recently sat back into his chair and tried to regain his relaxed composure.

"As if I will miss this. I want to see how fast my poison works. For future reference.."

Rainfire

Sitting in the rain, thinking up new ideas...
Harper blinked and was for a moment, confused as to why they weren't leaving yet. Then he caught on to the idea and wanted to smile but merely nodded as they awaited the death of Emilio Vespacci.

Harper watched as Emilio settled himself back down into his laid-out deck chair. For a few moments, nothing happened, as he seemed to probably still be getting comfortable. Then though, he reached up lazily and gripped his glass and brought it down to his lips. He breathed in the intoxicating aroma that came from it -- that of alcohol. He drank from it almost immediately afterwards, downing more than half of what was left in a couple of gulps before he sat the glass back on the table.

Obviously, what happened next was to be expected. Within a few minutes, Emilio was sweating and growing in nausea from the poison. After a few more gruesome minutes... his death was apparent. He was off his deck-chair, which was tossed to the side, as well as the table, but the glass was in Harper's hand. He had sprung forward to catch it, as so that it wouldn't break. He poured the rest of the liquid onto Emilio, and then sat it down on its side carefully so that it would appear he had just dropped it from a sudden death or some sort.

He looked over to Nicia and nodded towards the door. " My 'dear', we had best be going." He went and took her hand, so that it would appear to those they would pass as leaving that they were just a normal couple, before heading through the door. He acted casually as they passed others and made their way too the front, before exiting. He saw where his car was parked and without alerting the valet (who was busy trying to woo some girl) made his way with her over to it, before sliding into the driver's seat. After he was secure and she was as well, he took off, back towards the air strip.

"Well... honestly, that went better than planned. I must say... seeing the look in his eyes as he realized there was a poison in his system... it was quite priceless. Actually, to that effect..." he reached over and took her hand and kissed the back of it before placing it back down and nodding his head to her while keeping his eyes on the road. It was a gentleman's thanks. "The matter is appreciated, Nicia. Seeing a poisoning such as that is quite a rare treat, especially for someone who does not deal with it nearly as often as you. "

As they pulled up to the air strip, his face caught a look of surprise. There, standing between the car and their jet... were several men dressed in black suits. The typical security types... and he knew that they had to have belonged to Vespacci. How did they know though? This only meant that there must have been some sort of security device or some-such. No matter, he would make sure they were dead.

Harper slowly stepped from the car, smiling a bit sheepishly, putting his hands out to his sides as if to show that he was holding no weapon. "Hey guys... just a tourist returning to the airport to pick up some things. That's all."

One of the security agents stepped forward in response. "Sir, I don't know who you or your 'wife' are, but you are both to come with us, for the murder of one man and the suspicion of another..."

Harper's thoughts connected. Obviously since they had killed one Aristocracy member they were suddenly suspected of the other. He stepped forward and nodded, as if complying. There were eight of them, and only him and Nicia. She had done her part, so he would do his. It was time that he put his training to the test. He moved forward slowly, knowing she would probably be exiting the car at the time, and made so that he "tripped" on a crack in the concrete below. As the started agents reacted with the compliance to see if he was okay, Harper struck on their unawareness.

He leapt forward and let two blades fly, stabbing the two outmost of the semi-circle's members in the neck. As realization started to ignite in their minds he came to his feet after rolling, being almost right in front of them. He swung in one direction with his hand, letting his right foot go the opposite way, a knife shooting out of his shoe and stabbing the man it was aimed at nonchalantly in the chest, while his hand he swung with sent another blade flying, cutting deep into the wrist of another agent, assuring a quick and painful death.

He used the energy to bring himself around and apply pressure to the metal pieces attached to his palms, the glaives coming into action as he made quick work of the last four -- slashing the throats of two and cutting across the chests of the other two. He turned around as they all dropped to the ground, wallowing in their last moments of life as he applied pressure once more, the blades disappearing. He looked at Nicia and smiled, bowing graciously.

"You are not the only one without talents, m'lady. Shall we go?"

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
I stared at him for a moment, weighed the benefits and drawbacks of killing him, decided against it, and placed the usual smile on my face. I myself wore a suit similar to the previous day's attire, all manner of weapoonry hidden in sleeves, pockets, and just about everywhere else. It was how the Ten liked to see me dressed, and I dare not arouse suspicion on the day of their deaths.

"The plan? You come with me. Celia and Lede are taking care of our other business. We are to visit our lovely lady."

I attempted, in my speech, to reveal as little overt information as possible. One never knew who was listening in the castle and it was wise to keep one's lips a sealed as possible. The morning light had begun to stream intrusively into the castle. I slipped on a pair of sunglasses, my favorite pair mind you, smiled once more.

"Well then, we musn't lurk in doorways. Let's be off."

I turned rather briskly on my heel on began our trek towards the "lair" of Mrs. Rachel Dawes. Thankfully, she lived in the castle. Celia and Lede had the unfortuante task of flying to Indonesia to dispose of Mr. Hidetsu. Why Indonesia? I don't know. I don't care. I hate old people, and Mr. Hidetsu just so happened to be an old eccentric windbag. I don't care what he did or where he was so long as, by the end of the day, I just crush his miserable, ancient, filthy bones into the ground.

It was a lovely morning, despite my rather uncivilized thoughts. I did not trust this young man, however, and I kept my eye on him. My sunglasses were extremely reflective, not for fashion, but for surveillance. With the small mirrors unnoticeable to all but myself on the sides of the lenses, I could see anything that transpired behind me.

I almost wanted him to betray me, just to start the day off with a nice loud bang.

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
A solo mission? He wasn't expecting that, but he was up for it. Watching Harper walk off into the forest he called out.

"You know I can gi..."

He stopped as it was too late and Harper was already gone, deep into the forest. Harper was always an odd one. Robert simply shrugged, rolled the passenger window up and headed off to the castle. Now he just had to plan this assassination. Well actually, he had to do some research first.

Later...

After about two hours of searching, Robert had found what he needed. He could see why Harper wanted her dead. It seems as though Ms. Duarte was quite the detective, having already solved several Aristocracy murders and digging deeper into the most recent. This could pose a problem. It kind of sucks, she was quite the looker. Apparently she's vacationing in Paris. Great, Robert hasn't been to France in a while. After setting up his flight, he decided it was time to rest.

5:15 AM

Steam poured out as Robert opened the shower door, he grabbed a towel and dried off. His morning hygiene routine was done, now to dress. He walked over to what was his closet. He picked out a few items a green plaid western shirt by diesel, a pair of jeans by sugarcane, they were a dark indigo color as they hadn't been washed after the dying process; it allowed the wearer to let them fade over time, the reason being it that the jeans would fade to the wearer's body. He then grabbed his Oakland Athletics cap, it was both his hometown and favorite team. The cap was all black except for a green "A's" symbol on the front with a white outline. A pair of black and white Converse all-star low-tops would cover his feet. Robert would be playing the American twenty-something tourist today.

Of course he couldn't just go unprotected in order to protect himself, he put on a shirt made from a special Kevlar weave, when the bullets hits it is robbed 80% of it's momentum. It is a vital tool when your line of work has a high risk of bullets flying towards you. He then walked over to the drawer and opened it revealing several weapons, he grabbed a pair of push daggers and his Beretta 92 along with several magazines of the 12-round .45 caliber variety. The gun itself was a beauty, it was a medium, gunmetal gray with a custom red oak grip. It had gotten him out of many a scuffle. Now by no means was Robert an assassin, although he has no qualms about taking life, it wasn't his first option. After all he is a thief, no need to kill a guard that was just doing his job, regardless of however poorly it may be. This occasion however was different; Ms. Duarte has to die if the goal of dethroning the Nine is to be accomplished.

He was finally ready to depart, and with fifteen minutes to spare. Before departing he grabbed two things, his camera bag containing a Nikon D40 and his sunglasses, a pair of Locs, the Maddogger model to be more specific, quite popular in his hometown. Now ready and prepared for his mission, he left.

6:00

The engine of the Ferrari 599 roared as he sped down the road. The speedometer read 180 kph, Robert could handle it with ease though, after all driving is his forte. He pulled onto the airstrip and exited his vehicle. The sun was just beginning to peek over the horizon. After a glimpse he boarded the plane. Waiting for him was his breakfast; strawberry crepes and abottle of Orangina, funny given where he was headed. He took his seat and the plane prepared for take-off. As he prepared to feast, he had realized that his fork was missing. Upon looking up there was one in his face, holding it was Jessica. He flashed her those recently brushed pearly whites of his.

"Why hello. I thought you would have been halfway around the world by now."

She smiled back at him.

"I was...Well not halfway, I was in Italy."

He nodded, as the caramel skinned beauty spoke.

"You have fun?" He asked her.

"Yeah, I had a blast. So, what's in Paris?"

A hit was what was waiting for him in Paris, but of course he couldn't tell her that.

"A client. I sell exotic vehicles to men of wealth all over the world. Pretty lucrative job."

That was his story and he was sticking to it. Well actually it wasn't very far from the truth. When he isn't transporting or making getaways, he sells stolen vehicles on the black market and it is quite lucrative.

9:00 AM

It was time again for Robert to leave. He looked back and brought his hand up only his index and middle fingers sticking out as they formed the universal hand sign for peace. Jessica blew him another kiss, to which Robert responded with a smile and exited. He was starting to like that girl although he had only had two interactions with her. But alas, a real relationship would never work, his lifestyle poses a danger to both him and his family or anyone who gets close to him for that matter.

Robert mounted the all black Aprilia RSV 1000 motorcycle that was waiting for him. The engine bellowed out as it came alive. Robert sped off only leaving behind a combination of smoke, tire marks and the smell of burnt rubber. His destination the Westin Hotel.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Nicia watched Vespacci like a hawk. She memorized his last moments. The poison, of course, took a bit to spread. But the speed...It was truly amazing. In less than ten minutes, she was gazing at the body of the late Emilio Vespacci. As Harper made the scene look natural or accidental, Nicia made mental notes of Vespacci's body. Any signs of how his body was reacting to Merc's poison. If only she could rip his chest open and see his insides rot...

With Harper waiting on her, Nicia decided to hear about his bodily functions in the report the Eight would give later. The two made their way back to the car and headed towards the air strip. With the safety zone being close, both thieves relaxed. Harper was talking again. Nicia was a bit glad. He usually never spoke. A human voice was reassuring after that death. She almost missed Harper's thank you to her. Hiding her blush from his gaze, Nicia ventured to add her thoughts.

"I'm as new to that as you were. That was..amazing. The fastest poison ever. Which means deadliest. It moved through his blood vessels so fast. I see why once you touch one of these frogs, you are as good as dead. Speaking of dead..."

A bunch of men were waiting for them at their jet. Harper took the lead by investigating. Nicia got out of the car but made no move. He was the faster talker. But talk was cheap in this case. In the greatest of surprises, they were about to be arrested for the murder of Vespacci. But how?! No one saw them. No one could have possibly known he was poisoned so quickly. How the hell do those sick bastards do this?!

Now Nicia was regretting the items she didn't bring on the mission. Defenseless, Nicia took ground behind the car. At least Harper brought weapons. And did he use them. He mercilessly killed all of them, spilling blood everywhere.

Blood

A familiar taste, peanuts maybe, began to bubble from her belly. Clutching her stomach, Nicia tried to push the vile down. She did not dare let it loose in front of Harper. Long ago, she learned how to hold it off for awhile. She would release it later. Not now. They needed to get the hell out of here while they could.

"Oh no. I rather stay here with the dead bodies and look even more guilty."

Sarcasm worked. The vile went downward, but still bubbled inside. She walked, more of a jog, into the plane and sat down. After take off, she would polietly excuse herself and use the bathroom. Her pride, her stubborn nature, refused to let her show weakness to others. Setting Merc besides her, Nicia gazed out the window, trying to clear her thoughts.

"How the friggen hell did they catch on so quickly.."

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
Jack walked calmly and briskly next to Edward. It was quite tense; the silence between the two was almost deafening. It was quite the stroke of luck that Ms. Dawes lived inside the castle, while the other target was somewhere in the middle of Indonesia. However, Jack couldn't help but get the feeling that it was just a bit more than coincidence that he and Edward were to stay in the castle, and Celia and Lede were sent to the swamps of Indonesia, where Malaria, Yellow Fever, and god knows what else simply thrived there. Jack didn't stress it, though. He was quite glad that they were to stay in the castle.

There was, on the downside, a tangible air of apprehension between Edward and himself. Jack couldn't help but get the feeling that Edward didn't trust him at all. It was sort of like that feeling you get when someone isn't telling you the whole truth, but it felt much worse. There was, also, the actual assassination itself that had Jack preoccupied. He could kill someone; it wasn't a big deal for him, really. He actually preferred it to going out and staking someone out for info. That was pretty fun, but this probably took the cake. The feel of being in control of someone's life, and having their mortality in your hands, made you feel like a god.

Okay, maybe there WAS something wrong with Jack.

Jack just wanted to know how the whole deal was going to take place. Was it a blowdart job? Was it a snipe? Maybe even a simple knife would end it? Jack brought preparations for every sort of eventuality, just in case. There was another possibility that lingered in Jack's mind... Perhaps they were planning to get rid of Jack. Something went wrong, and Jack was the fall guy. He would disappear, and it was up to Edward to make it happen. It was possible; how far could Jack really trust this man? He was setting up the murder of the entire leading organization of the Aristocracy; he must be extremely good at deception. Out of the corner of his eye, Jack looked him up and down. Jack didn't know if he could take Edward out. It would be a very even fight, but a clear winner was hard to discern. Very calmly, without attracting much attention, Jack slid a knife into his hand. Just a precaution.

"So, do you want me to do it, or should I? How's it gonna happen?" Jack kept the dialogue arbitrary; surveillance was incredibly paranoid inside the castle.

Rainfire

Harper scratched his chin for a second as he boarded the plane. It was at this time that he realized that Nicia, at least from her appearance, did not enjoy the sight of blood. His memories told him of this, because she had at one point made mention of it. He shook his head. He thought of apologizing but knew that it was a time of emergency, apologies would come later... or now, really, now that they were on a plane.

"I am very sorry Nicia but it was necessary. I know you distaste the sight of blood. As for how they caught on so quickly, they did not know it was us. They were probably keeping tabs on the member in case he was to die. I suspect the others will probably meet with some sort of opposition as well. It can only be expected, and I did so from the beginning. I didn't tell them though because of the facts that, for one, it should have been obvious and two, they should be quite well equipped to handle such things."

Harper got up as the plane leveled out into the air and walked over to Nicia, placing a hand on her shoulder and slowly taking a seat beside her, a reassuring look on his face. "It will be fine. You will recover. You are a very strong woman..." a flash of a smile appeared on his face as he finished before taking his hand from her shoulder.

"So... I got from earlier that you sounded apologetic. Don't be... please." He looked away for a moment before looking back at her. His eyes held so much to them -- a value beyond values, something of a mix between pain, anguish, understanding... and compassion.

"Even though I will admit that I'm obsessed with revenge... I do what I do because in the end, it is the good for all involved. Maddox and Edward... they may not understand it, they probably figure that I'm just involved head-over-heels with my own obsessions... but they would be surprised. However, given the circumstances, and time to think about it... I think I might connect with you best of all. Nicia, you seem special among all the others. Like I said earlier, I have a connection with you that doesn't parallel to that of the others. I appreciate the accompaniment that you give me."

He smiled for a second, staring at the floor, before letting his head rest so that his eyes were just relaxed and staring at the same spot.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
The vile seemed to cool down with each word Harper spoke. Nicia's paranoia wanted to push Harper away, believing a knife was at his back. But another part of her, a part she tried very hard to keep down, wanted his attention. Crap. Breaking down all the walls she set up with one blow. Harper truly was a master.

"I'm fine now. You get used to it after a bit. Should considering my position. Think nothing of it."

Oh how lies easily slip out of one's mouth. The vile still was there. She needed to release it before she ruptures something. Chance blocked. Harper was in the way. He was getting too close for comfort. She squirmed under his gaze like a bug under a microscope. Eyes that stuck like daggers in one's soul. Revenge. Really, it was not an evil obsession. Compared to Nicia's, Harper was a god damn angel.

"What you are doing is not much of an obsession. Obsessions drive you crazy until you lose all of your senses. You still got most of them. You just want to give them the pain you felt when they took your precious thing. It is simply payback, and is it not what thieves are best at?"

At their connection comment, pride hide Nicia's red face. She excused herself before heading to the bathroom. She sat on the floor and waited.

But nothing came.

Rainfire

Harper sat there as she spoke. Her words were different -- not the usual kind of crap he was fed like "oh you won't feel the same when it's over" or what - not. She could relate... which made it very interesting as far as feelings for him went, even though she still didn't know the half of it. It did make him lose all of his senses for a time being... maybe that was it. It had been an obsession and was slowly losing its appeal as such.

He brought his head back up as she went to the bathroom. It was obvious she was nauseated... he probably helped to make that feeling worse. How pathetic he was at trying to be human. He shook his head and reached over into the mini-bar and grabbed the premium stocked bottle of Ketel One vodka, and started to drink from it casually, as if it was a soda or some other drink, while singing quietly to himself.

"I created the sound of madness... wrote the book on pain, somehow I'm still here to explain, that the darkest hour never comes in the night... you can sleep with the gun when you gotta wake up and fight..."

He sat there and drank more, and thought slowly over the values of the relationships he held with everyone he knew at the time. Maddox and Edward were more-so of value than friendship, even though he was closer to the both of them than most people he knew. The others of the Progeny he was friends with at best, acquaintance at worst. There was not a best friend in one of them... yet, Nicia was a little different. Perhaps there was room to have a best friend there?

Maybe more.

His eyes widened as he spewed out the vodka that was in his mouth at the random thought. Hell. No. He could not let something like that happen. Besides, who would want to be with a guy hellbent on revenge? Maybe that was what made it click though -- she was as bent on revenge as he was. It was all so puzzling and he really was getting aggravated at it all. He finally decided to call out to her, seeing as how she was still in the bathroom.

"Nicia... are you nauseated because of what happened... or because of what happened..." with those words he knew she would catch what he meant -- what happened in their conversations this whole trip. He sat back and scratched his goatee while sipping more of the vodka, already down to a little less than half the bottle.

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
After several minutes on the road, Robert arrived at his destination. He pulled into the parking area in front of the Westin and left his bike in the front, he won't be long, hopefully. Much to his benefit, he already knew what room she was staying in; that's always why it's beneficial to have a hacker friend. She was on the top floor, penthouse suite. He could have guessed that though, it was stated in her profile that she had the taste for the extravagant.

*ding*

The elevator doors slid open and he stepped out. There was a maid in the hallway leading to the door of the suite, just his luck, she'll have a master-key on her. Quickly he pulled his phone out of his pocket pretending to send a text message. He bumped into the maid and picked her pocket, the most basic of thief skills. Luck seems to be in favor of Robert today as he picked the right pocket. Now he didn't have to try and override the lock with another card that he had in his camera bag. Once he made it to the door, he slipped the card into the lock which beeped and unlocked. He entered the room cautiously, you never know what could be lurking around the corners. There was a sound, it sounded like running water, actually a shower.

The young thief crept into the bedroom and peaked around the corner. No one was there, Apparently Amelia was just starting her day. He gently pushed the door open with his left hand, reaching for the gun he had hidden in the small of his back with the right hand. However, there was a problem. The gun had been snatched before he could reach it. Robert turned around only to find the barrel of his own Beretta looking him in the face. Holding the pistol was none other than Amelia Duarte, dressed in a silk bathrobe.

"I hadn't expected you Greene." She said to him, her Spanish accent came through as she spoke, had this been any other situation, Robert would have probably found it cute.

He brought himself out of his sneaking position and stood up straight, towering over this Spanish woman. He looked her in those light brown eyes of hers.

"Who did you expect?" He inquired.

"Harper or one of his cohorts, but I'm surprised to see you here Robert."

He gave her a bit of a glare to her; he didn't quite like the tone in which she addressed him. Hopefully Amelia hadn't noticed that the safety was still on. Robert never takes the safety off of his gun until he is ready to fire. The sound of a safety being turned off can be quite scary when taken by surprise.

"Why Harper?" Robert responded, playing stupid.

With hope she would play along. Robert wanted to pick her brain and see what she knew.

"I guess it's only fair since you'll be dying soon. Well the Ten are responsible for the death of someone very close to him. That would make him a primary suspect. It was either him or Maddox, you should know of the history that he shares with the Ten. the Ten and told them to be cautious of them."

Playing stupid had got him nowhere and he still has a job to do. he ceased the stupid game.

"Of course I know that, It kind of goes without saying that there is tension between those two and the Ten, well Nine I should say. Be that as it may, there aren't very many people who like the Ten, they are simply cordial out of either fear for their life or their employment. It's obvious you aren't going to tell me anything and getting information isn't quite my strong suit. With that being said, I'll just kill you and get it over with." He said to her with a obviously fake smile.

"Beg pardon? I think you have that backwards Greene. I will be killing you. It's a shame that I have to put a bullet in such a beautiful face." She said to him with the confidence that only a gun can bring you. She pointed the pistol between his eyes.

"By the way, you might want to turn the safety off." Robert told the Spaniard tersely.

"Huh?" She exclaimed looking to the safety, which indeed was on.

That was a mistake. Robert then ducked down. With the majority of his weight on he left foot he threw his right leg at her knees, sweeping her off of her feet and causing the gun to fly to the other side of the room. She hit the floor and Robert shifted his weight onto his right hand, performing and Au (similar to a cartwheel), turning his body so that he could land a kick to fer head. His leg came down with force, but the toe of the "chucks" he was wearing had only been met with marble, Amelia had rolled back, dodging what would have been a lethal kick. Robert again shifted his weight onto the same foot that had just missed, bring his weight forward, but still crouched. He threw his fist forward making contact with what he believed was her pancreas. Amelia doubled over in pain. This was his opportunity, he quickly spun behind her, his right arm wrapping around her neck, his left hand grabbed a hold of his bicep and his right hand was placed on his left shoulder. This was the rear naked choke and given the huge disparity between size and strength levels of the two (favoring Robert) it would only be a short amount of time before Ms. Duarte would cease to be. After seconds of struggling, her movements slowed eventually stopping. A loud snapping sound echoed through the room, it was caused by Robert snapping her neck. One can never be too sure.

He dropped her now lifeless body to the ground. Robert pulled the camera out of his bag and took the picture of the corpse, a far-away look upon the face of the now deceased Amelia Duarte. Well, she knew what she was getting into, it was unfortunate, she was actually pretty cute. Robert now had to leave. He picked up the pair of sunglasses that had fallen off of him during the scuffle and picked up his gun as he made his way to the door. He placed the shades on the bridge of his nose. It was now time to leave.

*Ding*

The elevator doors open once again and out came Robert, who quickly made his way back to his motorcycle. He mounted and activated the bike and made his way back to the airport. Once there he boarded the jet was now on his way back to Prague and the castle.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Sweet relief. Bodily functions returned to normal. Nicia was almost glad the vile bile actually came. At least her stomach wouldn't explode or break. About to open the door, she swore she heard Harper say something before. A sort of rhythm. Like a song. But apparently he finished when she came. As if the situation wasn't awkward enough.

"Of course it was...Oh. Harper, I've told you before. I cannot handle the sight of blood. What you said didn't affect me..I mean it didn't make me want to puke. Not that what you say is wrong..or..something.."

If there was a term to call this, Nicia would have to pick SNAFU. Where was this coming from? First quiet and distant Harper, now this. She did not know what to say. Everything that came out only seemed to make things worse. She opened the door to peek out. Harper was still there. No wishing he would disappear. She forced herself out of the doorway but could not find the courage to walk back to her seat.

"It's not you, really. I'm just not great at relating or talking to others on the job. Don't know who to trust...Not that I don't trust you! I just..."

Nicia almost lost her footing as the plane suddenly shook. The plane landed on the grounds nearby the castle. The door was open and yet she still did not dare to walk near Harper. She waited patiently for Harper to leave before anything else in fear of burning up again.

Rainfire

He didn't know if it was the jet lag or what, but he had become fairly intoxicated fairly fast, which was unusual in and of itself. He finished off the bottle before sitting it down and looking over at her, smiling for a moment. He seemed, at the moment, to be a normal human being... no look of revenge in his eyes or anything of the sort. He walked over to her and grabbed her hand, walking her off the plane.

"Nonsense. You can always trust me. I hope that I can trust you too. Don't feel ashamed or anything. Now, quit being such a pansy and let's go celebrate! We're all meeting in the secret floor below the castle, where myself, Maddox, and Edward usually train and do our business. I made a note to have food and drinks delivered there to help us 'brainstorm' about who to still suspect after the initial investigation. I'm sure the others won't mind if we start a little early eh?" he smiled again before pulling her off towards the castle.

With his other hand he text on his cell the location of the secret floor to everyone involved, so that they would know where to return to after their mission was over. Along with the instructions, he sent three words: "Party.Over.Here."

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Strange days. Harper must have downed a lot of alcohol. His entire attitude changed. Nicia, confused as ever, just allowed Harper to carry her off. No use in fighting. She was too tired to fight back. She already lost a day of sleep and what little alcohol was in her system was increasing her sleep deprived state.

"Yeah...trust. Wait, party? Do we really have time for that?"

Too late. Harper already was sending word to the group about this little get together. With a sigh, Nicia followed Harper into the castle. Or rather, was dragged further. She was getting a tad annoyed with Harper's new sense of friendship. This wasn't him at all. If the Eight, Seven, Six, or whoever of that group was still alive, saw him now...She did not dare think of the danger.

"Guess I can go for some food. I always find myself incredible hungry after vomitting."

Rainfire

Harper, albeit drunk and a little out of tune for his character did know what he was doing. He knew that none of the Aristocracy were currently in the castle, which was why he wanted it all done by tonight so that they could have a sort of celebration. He made his way with her through the castle and along mainly passages that only he, and now her as by association, knew of out of everyone.

Soon they were in the main room of the hidden floor. He cranked on the lights and looked at all the food laid out. He had certain individuals make their way down here to deliver the food and drinks, people he knew he could trust without a doubt. Assistants of sorts, but not quite the attractive kind that Edward kept with him. He let her go as they walked into the room and walked over to the table, tearing a leg from one of the turkeys that sat roasted there and munching on it.

He grinned for a moment before adopting his calm manner. "I must say though, from a professional manner... that today has been quite exhilarating. Seeing the death of someone I hate so much and getting to kill goons. That's always a plus in my book, how about you Nicia? Feel a little better now that you've helped to off those bastards and bring the Aristocracy one step closer to some sense of sanity?" his curiousity was genuine and he cocked his head slightly to the side as if to emphasize it. He sat down in a cushy chair, watching her and awaiting a response.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
"What you should do is put the knife away before you hurt yourself."

I love my reflective sunglasses. I had already begun to lose my patience with this kid. He was far too jumpy, too eager. People like that either get killed straight away or they wind up with a whole hot mess of secrecy into which it's very tedious for me to delve. I could hardly blame him for not trusting he, however. Really, it was in his best interest to trust very few people at all.

"The plan is to go in, sit down, and have a nice little chat with Mrs. Dawes. She expects me to be courteous, civil, and all other uninteresting forms of character, and I shall no disappoint her. I will deal with her. You will deal with the son when the time comes."

I could tell I had disappointed this kid. That, or I simply made him hate me more. Doesn't really matter.

"You are right in not trusting me."

We reached the doors of Mrs. Dawes obscenely large quarters, and I turned to face Jack. We had reached a particularly sunless expanse of the castle, and I removed the glasses accordingly. I'm sure my eyes must have had some sort of glint to them, some murderous speck. I would be sure to remove such a thing upon entering her chamber. However, I relished it for the moment, and my smile betrayed some of the inner me some people have dubbed "sociopathy." Idiots.

"If any of us were worth trusting, we wouldn't be doing this, now would we?"

I gave him a wink. I proceeded then to turn, replace the smile with a blank expression, and open the doors to the inner sanctum of Mrs. Rachel Dawes. It was surpsrisingly brightly lit, especially since I had expected this woman to ride a broom home every night and sleep in a pod next to the furnace. The furniture was extravagant, and works of art, entirely originals, lined the walls. I wonder if the Louvre ever noticed that particular painting had been replaced.

There were no servants here. Mrs. Dawes did not enjoy having too many eyes and ears around her at all times. It would only make her murder easier. I looked forward to filling her heart with lead.

But first, the stage must be set. I called out for Mrs. Dawes, adding into my voice the disgusting respect with which I was supposed to address the lady. I called a few more times before her voice, much akin to that of a harpy, clawed against the inside of my head.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!”

She descended from a grand staircase at the end of the hall, her face very much the picture of irritation until she laid eyes on me.

“Oh, Mr. Baker! To what do I owe the pleasure?”

“Just an inspection, milady. As per your desires, my associate and I have taken to investigating the Progeny, and the murder of your late partner.”

“And why are you investigating here?”

“I’d rather not say, Mrs. Dawes.”

Mrs. Dawes fixed me with such a look that it actually took effort not to just shoot her between the eyes right then and there. No, my revenge was not complete yet. She demanded that I explain why I was investigating her. Well now, I couldn’t mislead her, could I?”

“We are not investigating you, milady. We are investigating Eric.”

She looked appalled.

“Eric? My son? Nonsense!”

“I’m afraid our leads point to him.”

“Ridiculous! Absolutely preposterous! Eric! ERIC!”

Her voice, as harsh as Stymphalian feathers, once more brutishly invaded my soul. Or lack thereof. My finger twitched, pulling a trigger that was not there. Eric emerged from one of the doors along the side of the hall. His eyes locked on me, and I could see his fear.

He did not understand why I was here. Yet, why was he so afraid? Oh, yes, that’s right. He hadn’t told his mother. Mommy dearest had no clue that her son’s big secret was standing right in fornt of her, itching to kill her. I could reveal him, out him right here. I wouldn’t. That would come soon. Very soon.

I hadn’t yet had my fun.

“May we discuss this in the parlor? Eric, come along.”

As Mrs. Dawes and Eric marched, or cowered, ahead of me towards the parlor, I turned my head around to stare at Jack, my gaze explaining everything.

You will keep your hands off any trigger and handle until I tell you otherwise. Kill anyone, I kill you.

It was a very merry time.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
He managed to to just get to his destination, since he himself was a member of this place. The room was crowded with file cabinets, with profiles on everyone whoever walked down these halls. Out of curiosity, he found his old mans'. Back then, he went by the name of Eduardo Dantes, Desmond taking his last name to carry him on. Reading his dossier, he was truly amazed by the things had done for this place. Putting the folder down, he was satisfied.

He went to a computer, and linked his blackberry to it via USB cord. Normally, the profiles for the Ten(Nine) were top secret and hidden behind ghost folders and firewalls, but DEN was not one to be underestimated. The program was created by a genius whom he met long ago, after befriending him soon after sparing his life. DEN is his greatest masterpiece, being used for Desmond's own means.

After a minute or two, he broke through into the main database. He pulled out Edmund Byrokia' folder and read it contently. According to the information, it seems he was able to be found in various clubs in England, the most frequent one a club called 'The Devils' Swings'. Jackpot, he thought to himself. Remembering his face, he cleaned up his tracks and left the room like he had never been there.

He took out his blackberry once again while walking a very steady and fast pace. With a press of a button, his car came out on its' own accord, Desmond getting in. With that, he proceeded to the Aristocracy's private airport. He called Ray whilst driving, using voice commands to not obstruct his driving.

"Ray, I got it. Edmund is in England, and most likely in the Devils' Swings, a club. Get what you can and meet me at the private airport ASAP. We're going clubbin'." he said, trying to sound a little less serious on his last bit of words before signing off. The destination was set, the goal clear, and the method was going to be, in frank words, awesome.

Obliviongirl13

Guerriero Crepuscolare
Website
www.Anerael.deviantart.com
ooc: Sorry Morph, but I got to

The plane ride seemed longer than Amaia had thought. Though there seemed to be tension between her and Maddox. Mostly because Amaia was looking forward to killing Selene, not just for her own personal feelings towards the slimy bitch but mostly for Maddox. She knew that it would probably help him move on, because he hasn't dated anyone since Selene divorced him. As for Amaia's own personal reasons, she hated the woman, but oddly enough Selene liked Amaia, because she was clean and did whatever they wanted without question. So Selene took it upon herself to make sure Amaia got mostly whatever she wanted. Selene sent her a yearly Christmas card, with a bonus inside.

Amaia stared out the window as the clouds rolled by the plane. She kept thinking about what was going through Maddox's mind. She didn't mean to kiss him, but it just happened. She shook the thought out of her head as the flight attendant brought Amaia a new cup of coffee. She didn't even acknowledge the young girl.

~*~

The plane made a smooth landing in one of the Paris airports, and as it slowed to a halt, Amaia stood up and waited for one of the attendants to open the door. The cool night air was refreshing, but she knew that it would be one of those nights. There was a small black Mercedes parked close to the plane and some of the baggage boys were loading Maddox's and Amaia's luggage in the back. She glided down the makeshift stars for the planes and she walked towards the car. She held out her hand and one of the baggage boys handed her keys. Amaia opened the car door for the drivers side and sat down in the seat. She waited for Maddox to enter the car and when he did, she drove off.

Lights lit up Pairs as if it were an amusement park. People bustled about the city like they had nothing to lose. Amaia watched the road as carefully as she could. She kept the air in the car silent, hoping that he would start a conversation completely irrelevant to what happened earlier.

We'll be there soon... then it will be all over.

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
Jack understood. He knew very clearly what he was supposed to do. Follow Edward in, and do what he did. As he waited for Ms. Dawes to open the door, Jack put his knife away. If she decided to look at his person very closely, she would see that he had a knife, and that would have done no good for any of them. As she opened the door, Jack stepped in after Edward, and immediately went to work. He began doing what he did best, which was part of his Espionage training. Jack was almost completely sure that when it came to Espionage, he was the best in The Progeny. The others, however, didn't know it yet- perhaps a testament to his skill. He went to work immediately. Looking around the housing place, he began mapping escape routes, estimating distances, counting steps... All very essential things if the shit hit the fan. After he was done mapping situational routes, he began looking for other things. He saw several stolen paintings on the wall- undoubtedly, Edward had seen it, as well. He was a dossier on the counter- he noticed the words "Maddox, Ray, Jack" and "Eliminate" on the page. He would have to look into that matter later.

Most of all, however, he noticed everyone's body language. He saw Edward's slick, fluid body movement. Were Jack none the wiser, he would have said that Edward was here on normal business. Edward truly was an expert at lying. He noticed Ms. Dawes and her son's body language. Tense, erratic... They knew something was wrong. Most of all, however, he noticed his own body language. He was tense as well. He breathed deeply a few times to loosen himself up. As he was doing so, he noticed Edwards gaze. Jack nodded in recognition. Edward was going to lead, and when Edward went for Ms. Dawes, Jack would go for the son, and not a second sooner. Jack was ready, finally, for whatever eventuality would come his and Edward's way. So, now that he was done with his observing, he decided to pay attention to what Edward and Ms. Dawes were saying. Edwards hatred for Rachel Dawes was almost evident in his voice. Jack smiled when she offered to lead them into the parlor, but he still said not a single word. Silence was important for Jack to keep at this moment. Right now, Jack had to wait for Edward to make his move.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
The parlor, I soon discovered, was far more luxurious than the expansive foyer. A fire, for cosmetic purposes rather than practical, crackled in an ornate fireplace along the western wall, and various chairs in the typical, overstuffed Victorian style were littered about the entire room. Various knick knacks lined every available shelf and took up every bit of open space on tables, counters, and the like. I alerted myself to their presence. One could never be quite too sure of what was hidden within Mrs. Dawes various bric-a-brac.

However, attacking me seemed to be the very last thing on either of the Dawes' minds. Rachel looked perfectly incredulous, completely appalled at the very idea of her son betraying her. Eric was terrified. What was I going to do? Was I going to shoot him? Kill him? Or worse, out him in front of his extremely insecure mother? Oh, the choices I must make.

We had reached a point in the room that apparently satisfied Mrs. Dawes, a spot just next to the chairs surrounding the fireplace. It was theatrical enough for my tastes, perhaps even overly so. Mrs. Dawes sat down, fixed Eric with such a look that he had no other hcoice but to sit as well, and then gazed kindly at me.

"Do tell, Mr. Baker."

"Actually, Mrs. Dawes, I'm afraid I must have Eric join me."

She stared. He stood. All was going rather swimmingly. I breathed in, prepared to deliver a speech I had half memorized, and otherwise planned on making up as I went along.

"Mrs. Dawes, as you know, the murder of one of the Ten is an extremely difficult task. Truthfully, I hardly beleive it could occur without the aid of someone with near constant access to the Ten themselves."

Mrs. Dawes looked at me me with anticipation. I wanted to pluck her eyes out. No, that would have to wait. Eric had begun to sweat. He was making this far too easy.

"It is my belief, madam, that Eric here aided in the murder. He was the informant, if not one of a larger group. Eric has secrets, Mrs. Dawes, secrets very few people know."

I locked eyes with him. Eric was ghostly pale, even in the firelight. I was enjoying this: the mortified expression, his sweat. I've tasted his sweat before, and I've concluded that it would taste much better with some fear in it than passion.

"It is my great dishonor to admit that I am privy to some of those secrets, Madam. However, we will not hide them any longer."

Eric began to speak. His voice was meek at first, but it soon evolved into a full-fledged whimper.

"No, Eddy, don't. Not here. She'll kill me."

Mrs. Dawes rose. Her eyes held more fire in them than the fireplace itself. She glared down at her son.

"Eric! Explain yourself now! So help me god..."

Eric stuttered.

"M-mom, I can't. You wouldn-..I can't.."

My turn.

"Allow me."

I grabbed the side of Eric's face and gave him quite possibly the deepest kiss we've shared yet. He enjoyed it. I felt it, even through his fear. I couldn't look at the mother yet. No, I'd die of laughter. All I heard form her was a long, dramatic inhale. I pulled away form Eric and winked at him. Mrs. Dawes soon found her voice.

"DISGUSTING! WRETCHED, VILE, FILTHY FAG-"

My bullet buried itself in her heart. I bore a wicked smile, one that had terrified countless before this event and surely would continue to do so after. Fire, no, hell, danced in my eyes and I felt the pwoer of life and death settle in me once more. I looked at the hole my bullet left. It had travelled in a bit in her body, ending up in her heart. I smiled even wider when I saw where it entered.

Right between the breasts. Told you so.

Eric had taken off. My voice acted before the rest of me did.

"Jack! Kill him!"

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
The silence had been unbroken for most of the day, with the exception of a few professional exchanges regarding their plan. Maddox spent much of the time agonizing over every tactical detail and attempting to memorize the layout of Selene’s manor, doing everything possible to avoid so much as looking at Amaia for more than a few seconds. It was a good plan, too: one they’d planned in two separate pieces in anticipation of Selene’s own security measures, and he assumed, based on certain adjustments Amaia suggested, to place her within range for the kill.

In nearly two decades of operations no one felt enough personal concern for Maddox as to attempt to spare him emotional trauma or stress; in this sense, he was dealing with an entirely foreign form of partnership, one based on mutual concern. Trust and concern, if there were two concepts more alien to him, Maddox could think of them. Still, it made for a refreshing change of pace in contrast to thoughts of how to best reign in Harper’s appetite for violence or Edward’s often more troublesome habit of often obnoxiously blatant manipulation.

And these are the things I spend my time thinking about while climbing up a laundry chute. Oh, to be a one man soap opera.

Maddox smiled ruefully to himself and continued up the chute for another fifty yards, putting him—if his calculation were accurate—on the 5th floor of Selene’s mansion, about twenty yards from monitor room—really more like a hundred because of the maze of rooms he would have to navigate to get there. The HUD in his glasses showed a time of 6:23 pm; less than ten minutes remained before Amaia would enter through the roof top atrium—a large glass and steel monstrosity, built to house a lovely Japanese garden Selene rarely, if ever, visited—in anticipation of Maddox having neutralized the manor’s security and surveillance equipment, plenty of time.

Surreptitiously leaning head and shoulders through the chute’s door, he glanced left and right, finding an empty hallway. Well, mostly empty, the cherry wood walls were lined with an amount of art and high priced furniture so excessive that the word gaudy couldn’t begin to describe it.

“Oh god,” he muttered, quietly pulling himself into the hallway. “I think I stole that fresco...And those Faberge eggs; God damn it.”

Seething with irritation—and a certain regret for the absence of C4 from his mission supplies—he dashed down the hall, quick and silent. The first guards he encountered were standing to either side of the hall leading to the staff living area, easily avoided.

Ducking into a nearby lavatory, he quickly unlocked the window and squeezed through onto the ledge. A ledge much, much narrower than expected; he blanched for a moment before easing the window shut and very cautiously sidling along the cool stone walls, hugging the stone and praising himself for a lifetime of balanced dieting.

I do have to appreciate the irony of this. All my acrobatics and clichéd cat-burglar techniques lead to my death mere hours after a woman takes an interest in me. Ah, humor.

The nerve wracking crawl lasted for three minutes before he arrived at the appropriate window: a staff member’s quarters, thankfully unoccupied. A half minute later, he crept through the halls once again. The door to the monitor room was guarded by a single man in a suit at least two sizes too small—Maddox could actually see the outline of a gun against the man’s ribs. Within a few seconds he fell upon the man, smashing the butt of the SIG P229 across his jaw; the guard went slack instantly, collapsing into Maddox outstretched arm.

“Simple and clean, just like I told Amaia it would be. No need to kill anyone,” he remarked to himself, feeling particularly smug as he stepped through the monitor room with the guard in tow.

Three guards, nearly identical to the man in Maddox’s arm, swiveled around to face the door way, raising questioning eyebrows. Maddox stood with a blank expression, one which the three men returned. Silence, awkward silence, almost akin to walking in on your wife and another man; granted Selene had filed for divorce by the time that little peep show had rolled around, but Maddox liked to think it still counted.

“Uh...”

“Breach, secure Ms. Wal—Uht!”

The man’s sentence ended with the crash of a boot heel, sending him spiraling head first into a CCTV screen with a disturbing crack. His two associates just barely managed to disentangle themselves from the unconscious door watcher Maddox shoved into them, both wasting precious seconds reaching for their holstered weapons. Throwing himself forward, Maddox slammed into the two, sending them all to the ground in a heap of limbs, kicking and pulling at one another. Confrontation of this sort appalled Maddox on several levels, not the least of which being the inherent discomfort of crawling around on the floor with another man. But one couldn’t help the circumstances, he supposed. Hands reached around, grabbing for his throat, only for their owner to meet with a stiff elbow to the cheek. The blow didn’t succeed in putting the man down; however, the punch to the base of the skull did.

Rolling onto his back, Maddox caught left the remaining guard doubled over with a kick to the stomach, before snapping both legs around his neck and bringing him to unconsciousness with a triangle-choke.

Thirty seconds remained on the HUD by the time Maddox pulled power to the security systems. Right on the mark, just as planned, he thought with a returning sense of satisfaction.

“Security measures neutralized, Amaia, you’re good to proceed,” he spoke into the short-wave radio mounted on his neckline. “By the way,” he added, with only a slight pause, “I was thinking, we should probably talk about that kiss....And maybe the possibility of more like it.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back