• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Aeronaut Society Writers Group

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
"We are not what you would call a military branch that upholds the laws of a central power. Nor are we a mercenary group for hire. We are simply a society that aims to protect fellow Wielders from those who would abuse them."

~Marcus Florentine~

Wielders
A human who has the unnatural ability to cast magic, or unnaturally enhance their body without the use of Magicktech. About 1 out of a 100 humans are Wielders though, due to fear of their power, are usually looked down upon by most of the world. In fact there are many countries that force Wielders into the military upon discovery of their power, and even some use them as slaves. Currently only three countries protect Wielders from such actions: Paradin, Silverature, and Orthan. As of right now there are five known types of Wielders: Enhancers, Ability Breakers, Undying, Truthseers, and War Tacticians.

The Aeronaut Society

One couldn't describe this group without first describing its founder: Marcus Florentine. Marcus was born in the country of Varidis, a country well known for treating Wielders to an immediate life of slavery, and he was no exception. Sold to the mayor of his town by his parents upon his eighth birthday Marcus experienced a life of nightmares that he would never tell to another soul, forced to perform horrible acts for the Mayor’s guests to keep them entertained. So much was this part of his nightmarish life that upon his eighteenth birthday, without warning, the Mayor’s house was burned to the ground, the Mayor trapped inside it. Yet somehow everyone else had escaped safely, saved somehow by an unknown entity. That was all except for one slave that could not be found.

"We all carry sins, and with them we either learn what it means to do true good, or burn into a monster waiting to become ash in our madness."

A year later Marcus would reappear into the world, working on a ship that was making port into the peaceful lands of Paradin, a country far away from his hellish childhood. It was here he would find temporary work as a fisherman, hiding his powers from those around him until... a small bit of his past came back to haunt him. Unbeknownst to Paradin's border control there was a smugglers group that had kidnapped orphaned Wielders as well as Wielders that would not be noticed missing, and was planning to ship them on back to Varidis as a commodity to the rich. Knowing all too well what would await those people if those ships made out to sea, Marcus went on a full assault. Attacking the ships, Marcus caused the smugglers to quickly panic, soon catching the full attention of the naval patrol currently returning to port. Bloodied, weary, and barely able to breath, Marcus had accomplished his goal of nearly beating all of the crew, including the captain, unconscious before he was found by the naval vessels crew. To his shock he was met with praise, and awarded a medal by the port city’s community after receiving treatment. Yet there was now a major problem for the port.... what to do with 200 Wielders that had nowhere to go?

"I am grateful to discover that my fears that being a Wielder discovered on this foreign soil were not needed. Please, I beg you, let me take care of these people for I have made them my responsibility with my actions, and want nothing more than to see them live freely as I do now."

With that Marcus would lead the massive group of Wielders away from the port city, a place that had now made him realize he was in a country of benevolence, that he did not have to fear what he was. Yet there were still people out there who would do unto Wielders what his own parents had done to him. With that in mind Marcus aimed to find a place where they could start fresh. A place they would find with the help of Ilia Evorent, a farming girl, who was in a major bind. Her father had wasted all their money on land that was not exactly well cultivated for farming, and unfortunately due to some troubling gambling problems before his death, had landed her without any way to hire the work force needed to make the land profitable. Yet where one saw troubles another saw potential. Marcus would give Ilia the offer of a lifetime. A work force that could cultivate her lands without a drop of coin, but the promise to use some of the land to build homes while taking a percentage necessary to feed the populace. Ilia immediately took the deal considering it a sign of the gods.

Upon the age of 25, Marcus Florentine soon saw the Wielders he had saved become a thriving farming community that could easily protect itself from outside threats. In fact word had started to spread all across the land and even overseas, of a safe haven for Wielders with nowhere to go, where they could find a peaceful life to live, and in time causing the community to grow much larger than anyone had expected. Not only that, but his newlywed wife Ilia was about to bare his son... least to say he had accomplished something most would consider impossible. Yet unknown was the danger it had brought to others, for from outside the communities eyes was yet again a smuggler agency from Varidis seeing an opportunity to a free supply of Wielders. Without Marcus’ knowing "caravans" heading for the Wielder community started to round up victims, unknowing that they were stepping into a well disguised trap... that was until one such caravan got too foolishly close to home. One of the members of the community, a boy named Anorgos, having called them out barely escaped being kidnapped by the smuggling unit. Upon his return he informed Marcus of everything, and upon the "Caravan capture" learned the dark truth of what was happening all around Paradin unnoticed.

"We cannot allow this to continue we must raise arm, and save the innocent. I however will not allow our hands to become stained with blood, so those of you who will follow must promise me one thing. No one will die upon this mission on our side, or our enemies."

Sending word of the discover to the army fort not that far away Marcus took immediate action to plan a strategic attack to rescue those they still could on Paradin's shores before they were lost forever. It was discovered that the vessels that were about to part way with Paradin had indeed been from the same group of Smugglers Marcus had originally dealt with. Yet this time they had crew members supplied with well suited Magicktech, and ships meant for combat. A youthful teen rushing in was clearly not a tactic that would work well. Thus Marcus came up with an insane idea. If they couldn’t assault them on the ground, they would claim the element of surpriseand strike from above! All with the help of an old blimp, having once been abandoned on the land years ago. Just like he had predicted, the Smugglers never expected a thing as the blimp got right above the main vessel before dropping off a well rallied group of Wielders ready to rumble. With chaos all about as the Smugglers tried to fight off attacks, the few ships that were able to depart were quickly blockaded by the naval force of Paradin. Within one day they were able to force the smugglers into humiliating defeat, without a single death. A shocking truth that reached the ears of Paradin's king.

"You were promised to find a peaceful land to live out your lives without worries... I am deeply sorry it took us so long to find you."

From then on the Wielder community would be labelled the Aeronaut Society, a name that would stick permanently to the small force that Marcus had lead successfully into battle. After sorting out the issues of needing to expand their lands to handle the sudden increase in numbers, Marcus himself would receive a royal invitation from the King, one that would end with a rather unexpected result. The king wanted to designate the Wielder community into a fighting military force for combating the Wielder smuggling issues, along with any Wielder related problems that could arise from out of control Wielders.

"Sire, it is with regret that I will have to deny your request yet... I think we can come to a generous compromise if you are willing to hear me out."

Marcus had outright denied the King's request, and yet the compromise he suggested was well received to the king. The Aeronaut Society would be free as it had been, but would now be allowed to train, and keep semi military like police force to protect itself on Paradin's soil. Yet at the same time they would answer the call to handle any Wielder related issues that would rise. Along with having permission to absorb any rowdy Wielders they deemed worthy into their community rather than into a dungeon. However, any case of murderous intent or a threat to the country as a whole, the Society would turn them in to Paradin's military to meet justice at the hands of the law. Marcus Florentine who had started out as a lowly slave had now became a leader of a force that could now protect not only itself, but those far and wide that had yet to join their peaceful society. At the age of 35, Marcus Florentine had accomplished actions befitting a hero, who watched over a society he had never imagined where Wielders could live side by side with other people living happily together. Yet at the same time this would be a tragic moment where the society he had built would be tested, as Marcus would never again wake up the day after his 35th birthday. To this day no one knows the cause, or sickness, that had claimed his life, yet at the time the bigger issue was now who would be responsible in keeping the Society from falling apart... from being torn apart by the kings son who had just stepped into power, and would see a golden opportunity to turn them into what his father had failed to. Yet the answer would provide itself as the Aeronaut Society would see seven members of its fighting force rise to make sure Marcus's agreement would be upheld by the new king.

"Here lies a man who never considered his actions that of a hero, but of a man who simply wanted to do right by those he wanted to protect. May he forever find peace in the next life, knowing that we will make sure those actions continue to be made with that same commitment."

~Anorgos Pryso - High Commander of the Aeronaut Society~​

........................................................​

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Now with all the simple stuff out of the way I Kingdomkeylight, and Sephiroth2 welcome you to join ~if you dare~ to the world of the Aeronaut Society​
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Kingdomkeylight

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
So many things I could make comments on in that introduction; just so many... XD They'd be nice comments; I was laughing the entire way through as well as playing through memories; dammit, don't make me feel old here! X3

And make it that you have three active members, boy. Traces died before I could go where I wanted to with Selene, so I want another crack at this world and my character. Just double checking, though; with her flight and gravity powers, she'd be under Ability Breakers, right?

Last edited:

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
----------------------------------------

Not much to say really...Everything Light said above comes from me too. ^^ Everyone is welcome to jump in and pitch their characters, their plots, their ideas, anything they feel like could really add to this growing world. I'm more than happy to hopefully try and answer any questions people might have about anything here in the setting and story. And looks like we might have one already. ^_^

So many things I could make comments on in that introduction; just so many... XD They'd be nice comments; I was laughing the entire way through as well as playing through memories; dammit, don't make me feel old here! X3

And make it that you have three active members, boy. Traces died before I could go where I wanted to with Selene, so I want another crack at this world and my character. Just double checking, though; with her flight and gravity powers, she'd be under Ability Breakers, right?

I'll just go ahead and answer if that's okay Light, hope it's okay with you Dream. I asked the very same thing to Light when I was editing the page today, and Ability Breakers would be for Selene, just like with her Big Brother(Maybe still brother?) Sleif and gravity powers. At the moment it's more a case of a Primary power, so I'm not sure if in this version there's the idea of an Ability Breaker being capable of learning some sort of Secondary, but weaker, power in juncture with their Primary. I really liked Selene in Traces too, we didn't get to see much of her so hopefully that'll change this time around. ^-^

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm interested! I still got to read through this a second time, because I know I'll have questions. And I'm on my iPod, so I'll hop onto my laptop in a bit. :3

Kingdomkeylight

Awards

Through use of Gravity Selene should be able to perform a form of flying. So yes that shouldn't be a issue at all.

----------------------------------------

Not much to say really...Everything Light said above comes from me too. ^^ Everyone is welcome to jump in and pitch their characters, their plots, their ideas, anything they feel like could really add to this growing world. I'm more than happy to hopefully try and answer any questions people might have about anything here in the setting and story. And looks like we might have one already. ^_^

I'll just go ahead and answer if that's okay Light, hope it's okay with you Dream. I asked the very same thing to Light when I was editing the page today, and Ability Breakers would be for Selene, just like with her Big Brother(Maybe still brother?) Sleif and gravity powers. At the moment it's more a case of a Primary power, so I'm not sure if in this version there's the idea of an Ability Breaker being capable of learning some sort of Secondary, but weaker, power in juncture with their Primary. I really liked Selene in Traces too, we didn't get to see much of her so hopefully that'll change this time around. ^-^

WHAT HE SAID/I SAID XD

I'm interested! I still got to read through this a second time, because I know I'll have questions. And I'm on my iPod, so I'll hop onto my laptop in a bit. :3

Sweet x3.
.......................................​

I should start placing up some characters soon along with a structure of command to the Aeronaut Society with a small breakdown of the countries we have revealed so far.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Only thing is that her primary ability is flight... with wings. Um... let's see... *pulls up the attacks section of her temp from Traces* "Main use of gravity is in altering her personal gravity, either to make herself lighter to enhance maneuverability or increasing her gravity for heavier strikes." I'd be willing to nix the gravity for now, but I liked what I had set up with the wings and her physical make-up. Is there room for that in here?

Kingdomkeylight

Awards
Only thing is that her primary ability is flight... with wings. Um... let's see... *pulls up the attacks section of her temp from Traces* "Main use of gravity is in altering her personal gravity, either to make herself lighter to enhance maneuverability or increasing her gravity for heavier strikes." I'd be willing to nix the gravity for now, but I liked what I had set up with the wings and her physical make-up. Is there room for that in here?

Hmmm we could make a race of winged people, or could say the wings were made in a magicktech accident.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
You got me, I'll go ahead and jump in on this. Good way to sharpen up on my writing, and I just love all of the background that went into this.

Kingdomkeylight

Awards
Alright so we have decided to add some stuff, and we will let you all judge if its alright to go forward with it.

1. Their can be some unique animals who biological settings have turned them into ability breakers.

2. The mineral that keeps the undying from going crazy is a rare depleting mineral called Miznonith aka "Reapers Tears".

3. The Aeronaut Society follows this command structure:

High Commander(Currently Anorgos-Sephiroth2)

The High Six(The other six commanders who also instruct, and command the Aeronaut Societies actions)
1. High Priestess(Danu - (Sephiroth2). Is head of the Magicktech/Weapons Sector.)
2. High Tactician(Available to anyone who wants it. Can be whatever type of Wielder you want. Is responsible for the Intelligence Sector)
3. High Spy Detective(Currently - Stras Florentine - [Kingdomkeylight] - Is in charge of the Investigation Sector/Assassins Corps)
4. High Warmind(Currently Mubarak Aliyisin - [Kingdomkeylight] - Is responsible for the Combat Sector)
5. High Field Trader(Available. Is in charge of the Economics & Agriculture Sector/Trading Corps)
6. High Ambassador(Available. Is in charge of the Public Relations Sector)

For each High Member minus the High Commander their is a General who works directly under them all spots are available. After that the Aeronaut Society has three captains who work under each General, and then everyone else under that sector are of equal rank besides those in training.

4. Their will be no legitimate template required with each character you make, but for those you plan to keep around for a long while we do ask after their first introduction story that this small template that Sephiroth2 made to help use keep track of key characters.

Name:
Brief Description (Three Lines Minimum - eg: General look/ Personality/ Where they're from):
Important Points(Only what you want to share the rest can definitely be revealed in story):

Pretty easy right x3?

5. Every time Sephiroth2 threatens me, or attacks me with Danu I get to smack him with a halibut.(Very important rule)

6. With regards to animals if anyone wants to make up imaginary animal DO IT CAUSE YORU AWESOME AND WE WILL ADD THEM.

Last edited:

Kingdomkeylight

Awards
You forgot a ruling.

7. Every time a certain someone flirts with me, he will have his 10 Year Bazooka turned against him, and there WILL be carnage. XD

Once again, it's another very important rule.

You really want to deal with a older me that has probably perfected the art of flirting, and chaos? XD your demise I guess.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm really sorry to say this, but I think I need to pull out of this. I really do think it's a good idea, and I was excited to be a part of it, but I'm at a point in my life where I want to focus on more independent writings of my own. I have obligations in several Roleplays that I wouldn't give up for the world, but I think putting this on my plate would be too much right now concerning the goals I currently have set for myself as a writer.

Kingdomkeylight

Awards
I'm really sorry to say this, but I think I need to pull out of this. I really do think it's a good idea, and I was excited to be a part of it, but I'm at a point in my life where I want to focus on more independent writings of my own. I have obligations in several Roleplays that I wouldn't give up for the world, but I think putting this on my plate would be too much right now concerning the goals I currently have set for myself as a writer.

No problem I understand how it is. Besides its still just in a construction stage so no harm no foul x3.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Good to hear man. I'll still swing around and check it out as you guys update, I am still,interested enough to do that at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back