• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thank God for a 3DS price drop!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

StVen

I think Nintendo is starting to learn about how 3DS is so over priced, at least to me. Not far along, Nintendo announced a price drop of original Y25,000 to Y15,000. weee! and I think it's happening international though not sure. Read more here

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
they didn't really have a choice what with the vita coming in at $250

StVen

they didn't really have a choice what with the vita coming in at $250

I agree with you. I am getting a PS Vita myself first. Well, as a gift lol. Hopefully, we get good launch titles for it. I am definitely getting uncharted if that's included. I think PS vita has just a lot to offer than 3DS i think. not starting a debate though.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
the drice is dropping to 169.99 for US on Aug 12, wow massive price drop. But yeah, with Vita coming out at 250, can't really blame them. Hope this increases sales

edit: also Nintnedo plans to give 3ds owners who bought the 3ds at the 250 10 free GBA GAMES!

Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$, Mario vs. Donkey Kong and five more.

Yay!

3DS Fire Sale: Nintendo Slashes Handheld Price to $170 | GameLife | Wired.com

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Aight I am now even more tempted to buy this with the poor condition my DS is in. Thanks for the news.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
the drice is dropping to 169.99 for US on Aug 12, wow massive price drop. But yeah, with Vita coming out at 250, can't really blame them. Hope this increases sales

edit: also Nintnedo plans to give 3ds owners who bought the 3ds at the 250 10 free GBA GAMES!

Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$, Mario vs. Donkey Kong and five more.

Yay!

3DS Fire Sale: Nintendo Slashes Handheld Price to $170 | GameLife | Wired.com

holy shit this is the best fucking news ever. i am so glad i bought it at $250.

i hope they give us an advance wars game.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
i just saw kotaku post an article on the price drop, and apparently people who bought it at $250 will get 10 GBA games AND 10 NES games, including Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda.

this is the best day ever

darkheart709

Bronze Member
i just saw kotaku post an article on the price drop, and apparently people who bought it at $250 will get 10 GBA games AND 10 NES games, including Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda.

this is the best day ever

i know right, can't wait to get metroid fusion and i hope they give us minish cap

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
holy shit yes!
i was planning on gitting a 3DS in the next couple weeks and im sooooo gladd u posted news of this, it almost saved me close to $100 my God, thank Jesus.
i dont have a DS @ the moment and im borrowing from my step brother and am in dire need of one for a trip to NY im taking on the 17th o.0 this is perfect.
although the 10 games are a great loss T-T i can buy a few good games with the money im saving from the price drop :)

as for the Vita, ive heard of it but i dont know much of it.
will it play old UMDs from previous PSP models (as i have a psp which i love),but i mean y wouldnt it? and whutre its new features? release date, if known?
an explanation or link to an article or information would be greatt, thanxxx

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Oh my gosh, I'm even more glad I bought mine on launch day. I wonder how they'll get them out to only us
though?

EDIT: Holy bonk, just saw Celtis's latest post. I REGRET NOTHING

EDIT 2: Don't know why the fuck I quoted an earlier version of my post originally. Sorry folks

Pirates

I guess they are selling it without making a profit.
I guess this is how the future of gaming is going to work now.

Cut throat industry.
But, I think this is great for 3DS. Making it more accessible will make it as popular as the DS and then will come the awesome games.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Oh my gosh, I'm even more glad I bought mine on launch day. I wonder how they'll get them out to only us
though?

EDIT: Holy bonk, just saw Celtis's latest post. I REGRET NOTHING

apparently all you have to do is connect to nintendo eshop just once before august 12th and your 3ds is registered

@pirates: it apparently only cost nintendo $101 to make the 3ds

UltimaJackpot

*Looks at launch day 3DS*

*sheds a tear*

Edit: Wait, early adopters GBA VC games as compensation? :D

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Well.....I'm tempted....but the only way I'll cave is if KH3D is released before the next 3DS model is. Unless that happens, I'm waiting on the next version. The battery life is still a huge problem for me. But great news nonetheless.

That's exactly what I was thinking. $170 is great and all but I think that'd go great with a shiny new model.

Oh and Nintendo can do GBA downloads >_>. This proves it. I bet you they're waiting to release it until something specific happens.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Well.....I'm tempted....but the only way I'll cave is if KH3D is released before the next 3DS model is. Unless that happens, I'm waiting on the next version. The battery life is still a huge problem for me. But great news nonetheless.

I'll be honest, the battery life REALLY isn't that noticeable. Maybe it's just because I have it on brightness setting 3, only have the 3D on half of the time, and barely ever have wireless on, but it lasts quite a while.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
It's an unloseable situation.

"Oh hey we're slashing the 3DS's price to $170* (People who haven't bought yet cheer, owners boo)

"Old owners get free games BTW" (People who haven't bought yet cheer, owners cheer louder)

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I really think Nintendo dropped the ball with the 3DS it really only has one major feature to it's name, and it didn't really justify the $250 launch price when it first came out.

I don't know how well the Vita will do to me Sony is pushing this graphics thing to much and to be honest with a handheld I don't care about graphics looking like PS3 just saying.

Pianoajd2

Weren't we mad at Nintendo for not releasing Xeno's Last Tower or something? Hmph...

I'll be picking the system up eventually, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back