• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra should be the one to kill Xehanort, not Sora

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I think we will get a spirit bomb moment where everybody gives their power to Sora and he lands a flashy move to end MX.

Though in order for that to work there has to be a reason why the other keyblade wielders couldn't just join the fight in the first place.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it will be swelled if this thread just stayed on topic and not this again.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm stepping in because this is not the place to derail a thread. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to say what they like about the topic at hand. What won't be tolerated is, telling people to leave or throwing insults at each other. I've cleaned up this thread from most of the derailment and expect it to stay that way. If not, I'll leave this thread permanently closed. (If anyone has a problem with this, feel free to PM me.) And this is your only warning.

Please stick to the topic.

Samhain

Bronze Member
On another point why does Young Master Xehanort, and Terra look a little similar to each other? What are the odds that a guy who wants to posses a body is going to look almost similar to how he looked when he was younger?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku & Kairi should finish the job. If you weren't on the OG boxart then you can fuck right off

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
Terra huh? I didn't even think about that that much, I honestly want to see a Sora/Kairi dual action to MX for some reason. I guess because Sora got to do it solo in KH1 with Ansem SoD, Sora/Riku did their thing in KH2 with Xehanort, and now there's only Kairi left in the trio! Plus her about to go through the Mark of Mastery? We all know this will have plot significance... hopefully...

appleboy82791

Awards
I think most of you need to find a new way to phrase your arguments. Nobody is going to "kill" Xehanort. "Kill" is not a word in the KH vocabulary. Has any character in KH ever been "killed"? No. It would be extremely unlike KH for any of the characters to even say the word "kill", let alone actually doing it. Even Xehanort hasn't "killed" anyone. Of course, Xehanort is going to be defeated in some way in KH3 but I would bet a lot that it's not going to be as simple as him being defeated by someone and simply dying. KH doesn't work that way. I can almost guarantee it's going to be far more poetic and meaningful.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I think most of you need to find a new way to phrase your arguments. Nobody is going to "kill" Xehanort. "Kill" is not a word in the KH vocabulary. Has any character in KH ever been "killed"? No. It would be extremely unlike KH for any of the characters to even say the word "kill", let alone actually doing it. Even Xehanort hasn't "killed" anyone. Of course, Xehanort is going to be defeated in some way in KH3 but I would bet a lot that it's not going to be as simple as him being defeated by someone and simply dying. KH doesn't work that way. I can almost guarantee it's going to be far more poetic and meaningful.
s "the heart can do more than copy yourself. the heart is strong mx!!!! and i will show u!"
[sora v mx fight]
mx "you were right ordinary boy. i will stop i promise"
s "rlly"
mx "yes"
s "okay then"
mx
mx
s
s "KAIRI RIKU WE DID IT"

Err, on a more serious note…

Terra killing Xehanort would be so unsatisfying for me. If they have to give him a "Hero-Moment", okay, do that. But don't let him kill MX.
If someone should kill that old coot, it's SDG!!!/SRK
I mean, yeah, everyone has suffered because of MX. But I still think these 3 went through a lot and they deserve to end it.

Or, just let them all aim their Keyblades/staff and shields at MX/Xehanorganization and shoot one giant beam of light at them/him. (kinda like in the ddd opening)
So, everyone has their moment. :p

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
To be brutally honest, I don't even think killing Xehanort (or getting rid of him, no matter how you put it) isn't even anything (most of) the characters see as something to wish for, but rather something that needs to be done, really.

appleboy82791

Awards
s "the heart can do more than copy yourself. the heart is strong mx!!!! and i will show u!"
[sora v mx fight]
mx "you were right ordinary boy. i will stop i promise"
s "rlly"
mx "yes"
s "okay then"
mx
mx
s
s "KAIRI RIKU WE DID IT"

Lol This is exactly what I don't want to see.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I mean, yeah, everyone has suffered because of MX. But I still think these 3 went through a lot and they deserve to end it.

Uhm wat and the others didn't? Unlike "those three" the others do not only went through a lot but are still going through it right now.
Their predicament is still ongoing while SRK are all fine and dandy and unlike them also together again.

That aside though, I absolutely dislike to offset the misery of different characters against each other and pick one or two to say "these ones suffered the most so they should get priority right in firing the final blow".

And yet still I'd like to see an actual compelling and plausible in-universe reason beside the usual lame "because he's the protagonist"-excuse as to why Sora should be "the one" when indeed Terra, Riku, Aqua, Ventus and yes, even Kairi have much bigger and more obvious personal reasons at hand in regards to Xehanort himself.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
How bout dis
Jiminy kills Xehanort so no fighting about who gets the cake

That's a decent compromise for sure.

Like i.e. Jiminy pokes Xehanort with his umbrella and he explodes into a shower of black dandelions, causing Ephemera to call him a cheap copycat. ;P

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
That's a decent compromise for sure.

Like i.e. Jiminy pokes Xehanort with his umbrella and he explodes into a shower of black dandelions, causing Ephemera to call him a cheap copycat. ;P

See!
I knew we'd be getting somewhere by that.
Xehanort would be the next level of a............SPOONY BARD.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
See!
I knew we'd be getting somewhere by that.
Xehanort would be the next level of a............SPOONY BARD.

Heh, that's it.
Jiminy becomes the KH series' equivalent of Final Fantasy's Tonberry, the Umbrella-poke of death! DOINK!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
And yet still I'd like to see an actual compelling and plausible in-universe reason beside the usual lame "because he's the protagonist"-excuse as to why Sora should be "the one" when indeed Terra, Riku, Aqua, Ventus and yes, even Kairi have much bigger and more obvious personal reasons at hand in regards to Xehanort himself.
Eh, I wouldn't discount Sora's reasons either. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a personal problem with Xehanort after the shit he got dragged through during DDD.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The case for Sora vs Xehanort, for me, is mostly a thematic one, as they are foils of each other. Sora, who connects his heart with everyone and provides refuge for them. Xehanort, who forces his own heart on everyone, and corrupts and consumes them. It's the person who embodies and personifies the series' biggest themes against the one who is most antithetical towards them. Sora may not have any real personal stakes against him, but has huge moral ones. Obviously, as well, with Sora representing the "ordinary" person, the idea would be that ordinary people can oppose the greatest darknesses.

To that end, it is obviously very likely that Sora will probably be the one to defeat him, but it's very doubtful he'd do it completely alone since that also works against the series' themes.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Heh, that's it.
Jiminy becomes the KH series' equivalent of Final Fantasy's Tonberry, the Umbrella-poke of death! DOINK!

Oh my.
Now I really need that. I can already see him swing his diary like Tonberry's swing their lantern like
"Karma. I shall finally gain the importance I have long deserved, fools!"

Eh, I wouldn't discount Sora's reasons either. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a personal problem with Xehanort after the shit he got dragged through during DDD.

Sora sure does have his reasons as well, but I feel like he still suffered less in 3D than other characters have.
Like, sure, he was dragged into the dream, almost lost to the dark side, but he was saved in time. Can't say that about characters like Ventus whose hard has been more than just wounded twice and who took years to heal after what had happened.
In the end, even though Sora suffered, he was in a pretty good shape in the end of 3D and he has his friends.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Good and valid point.
It also plays nicely with the fact that until DDD Sora was not even a blip on Xehanort's radar anyways.
The way Sora angrily reacts to Xemnas (and thus by extension Xehanort) treating other hearts like "bottles on a shelf" also indicates some personal motivation for Sora as he's apparently quite pissed how callously Xehanort tramples over other people's feelings and existences.

The case for Sora vs Xehanort, for me, is mostly a thematic one, as they are foils of each other. Sora, who connects his heart with everyone and provides refuge for them. Xehanort, who forces his own heart on everyone, and corrupts and consumes them. It's the person who embodies and personifies the series' biggest themes against the one who is most antithetical towards them. Sora may not have any real personal stakes against him, but has huge moral ones. Obviously, as well, with Sora representing the "ordinary" person, the idea would be that ordinary people can oppose the greatest darknesses.

To that end, it is obviously very likely that Sora will probably be the one to defeat him, but it's very doubtful he'd do it completely alone since that also works against the series' themes.

A thematic case is still better than "Duh he's the Protag" though. ;)

Oh my.
Now I really need that. I can already see him swing his diary like Tonberry's swing their lantern like
"Karma. I shall finally gain the importance I have long deserved, fools!"

Sora sure does have his reasons as well, but I feel like he still suffered less in 3D than other characters have.
Like, sure, he was dragged into the dream, almost lost to the dark side, but he was saved in time. Can't say that about characters like Ventus whose hard has been more than just wounded twice and who took years to heal after what had happened.
In the end, even though Sora suffered, he was in a pretty good shape in the end of 3D and he has his friends.

Is it bad that I just imagined Jiminy showing up like that? Lolz.
And since he's so tiny many opponents simply fail to spot him in time and are doinkt in full surprise. :p

While that may be true, I just remembered another little but certainly not trivial detail from DDD.
During that whole Nightmare sequence in DDD Sora got to feel the pain and sorrow of the others, the scene with Roxas is even called "Roxas' grief" in theater mode and the more Sora learns the more unstable and angry he gets about what was done to them all:
"Not again. Did they cause all this pain?"

In hindsight, the whole of DDD was in some vein a way to get Sora fired up somewhat for opposing Xehanort even more and if I had to take a bet once he gets to talk to Aqua, Ven and possibly Terra in person his resolve will only get stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back