• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sushi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just went to a sushi place tonight with some friends. Split some dumplings, literally the best crab rangoon I've had in my life, and between the four of us split 6 or 7 rolls of specialty sushi. We finished off with cookie tempura ice cream and mochi ice cream.

We're dying tonight but happily and full.
Got lots of eel, crab, tuna, and shrimp and one of them was topped with chicken so that too I guess.

If any of you live in Illinois I highly recommend Shinto but go on Monday. Half priced specialty rolls are a god send.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Tried a random rotary sushi place today with my guy friend because playing Splatoon has been making me crave sushi like a fiend. We saw it on the way to the mall and the reviews on yelp were pretty good, sans one racist ass review.

Their rotary was pretty slow moving when we got there [around 8], and I only had a couple plates. They have them on specially colored plates, priced differently [red, blue, yellow, etc. going up in price] so we decided to get a sushi platter for two and it was soooo gooooood.

I also had some octopus because diddlyin' splatoon man. And another thing called the godzilla roll, which I forget what exactly was in it, but it was another fried shrimp, fried roll kind of deal.

I kinda cringed because this family next to us was eating their sushi with forks but I mean I'm eating my traditional stuff with chopsticks sometimes so idek. But it was like augh just
use your hands it's fine.

We're going to go back some time and try their ramen. I really liked it there.

Kagayaki

Awards
I tried smoked salmon in sushi, but I wouldn't consider eating it again. It's too strong. I like plain fish in sushi. I dislike the texture of cream cheese and rice together. To me, cream cheese only belongs on bread and pastries. This one person in my Japanese class never thought rice and avocado would taste good together, until she tried American sushi. Sometimes they have American rolls in Japan, but they're from really expensive, touristy places.

I like the basic tuna, salmon, shrimp, and freshwater eel as far as nigiri goes. But my favorite is red snapper. I once tried lemon on red snapper sort of accidentally because the lemon was touching it, and it actually tastes better than soy sauce! I al like sweet shrimp, inari, and tamago. My favorite rolls are the basic ones and the California roll, but also the rainbow roll, spider roll, dragon roll...or pretty much anything with shrimp tempura, fried soft shell crab, imitation crab, avocado, cucumber, and masago in it. Anago is good, too but they rarely sell it.

I don't like mackerel. I learned from Harvest Moon that you should never eat it raw, but when I tried it, it was so salty. I like neither the texture or the taste of squid and octopus. Salmon roe is a bit too salty for me, but not unbearable. I never tried sea urchin before. It doesn't look so appetizing, but I heard it's good. I never tried sea bass before, either raw or cooked.

I know I posted this in the Kawaii Thread, but here's more.

Cute-Sushi.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

14-sushi-rolls-that-are-basically-works-of-art

sushi-cats-2.jpg

HelloKittySushiKit.jpg

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I tried smoked salmon in sushi, but I wouldn't consider eating it again. It's too strong. I like plain fish in sushi. I dislike the texture of cream cheese and rice together. To me, cream cheese only belongs on bread and pastries. This one person in my Japanese class never thought rice and avocado would taste good together, until she tried American sushi. Sometimes they have American rolls in Japan, but they're from really expensive, touristy places.

I like the basic tuna, salmon, shrimp, and freshwater eel as far as nigiri goes. But my favorite is red snapper. I once tried lemon on red snapper sort of accidentally because the lemon was touching it, and it actually tastes better than soy sauce! I al like sweet shrimp, inari, and tamago. My favorite rolls are the basic ones and the California roll, but also the rainbow roll, spider roll, dragon roll...or pretty much anything with shrimp tempura, fried soft shell crab, imitation crab, avocado, cucumber, and masago in it. Anago is good, too but they rarely sell it.

I don't like mackerel. I learned from Harvest Moon that you should never eat it raw, but when I tried it, it was so salty. I like neither the texture or the taste of squid and octopus. Salmon roe is a bit too salty for me, but not unbearable. I never tried sea urchin before. It doesn't look so appetizing, but I heard it's good. I never tried sea bass before, either raw or cooked.

I know I posted this in the Kawaii Thread, but here's more.

Cute-Sushi.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

14-sushi-rolls-that-are-basically-works-of-art

sushi-cats-2.jpg

HelloKittySushiKit.jpg

That is so cute. I like the Hello Kitty and the Panda-shaped Sushi.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Has anyone ever had eel covered in soy sauce? I had some sushi with eel on it today and it was delicious. I think this is the first time I've liked soy sauce. <3

Kagayaki

Awards
I always liked the artistry of Japanese sushi. The presentation always looks so elegant. Actually, presentation is so much of their culture, that it affects their food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back