• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Super Sentai/Power Rangers RP?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
About a year and a half ago, a now-defunct user on the KHI named Trunks made a Canon RP called Power Rangers: The Killing Behind the Crimson Door. It was different from the norm (Which was primarily KH/[Insert Obscure Anime Title Here]) and while the turn-out was so-so, we all had big plans for it.

However, about a month after the RP started, it began to suffer from Post Decay, and like all RPs with a strong start soon faded into obscurity alongside it's creator. (Whatever happened to him? Cause I'd like to know. XD)

Out of nostalgia, I dug through the massive Thread Graveyard and after plucking PR:KBTCD from it, read through it's RP Thread. (This also caused me to watch a Super Sentai Series which gave me yet another franchise to fawn over! ^_^)

I'm considering bring Power Rangers/Super Sentai back to the RP Section. If anyone's interested, simply reply.

I know this seems like a rather bare-bones, half-assed proposal, but if people aren't interested, then formulating a plot and it's details is rather pointless.

I'm hoping for a purely RPer-Formulated RP. :D

(Would that be Canon because it's an established source or Original because RPers are designing the whole thing? Details, Details! XD)

Last edited:

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I want in. I keep forgetting there are people here who like tokusatsu since people rarely mention it here.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I want in. I keep forgetting there are people here who like tokusatsu since people rarely mention it here.

Well, most RPs on the KHI tend to cater towards Fantasy and once in a blue moon, Sci-Fi. TBH, I JUST got into SS recently. :D

And thanks for your interest. :D

I can only hope this can garner more attention. Can't really do an RP like this with just 3 people. XD

At first, I figured on getting some peeps in, THEN coming up with a motif for this "series." But I'm considering coming up with a theme first, to attract more people...

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I think we should go for a Gokaiger-like theme. That way we'll have an excuse to have many different rangers from different seasons.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think we should go for a Gokaiger-like theme. That way we'll have an excuse to have many different rangers from different seasons.

You mean like....descendants of the Gokaigers or ones that inherited their power?

Well, I suppose we can use a "morph into past Sentai" sort of combat theme, but I'm thinking of a different overall motif. The RP I was in a year back had a medieval theme; while something on DeviantART had a Halloween theme. Those are the only two motifs I know of that HAVEN'T been established yet. (I'm ignoring Akibaranger's theme of Anime/Otaku, since it's ongoing)

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, we could always go with different universes that were yet to be filmed. I missed the episode of Power Rangers Samurai, but wasn't that the case for the Red Ranger from the previous season when he showed up?

Yet to be filmed? I'm lost. Again, I JUST got into Super Sentai recently. I think I have yet to learn all of the lingo. I grew up with all of the Power Rangers up until Wild Force, just finished Goseiger and in the middle of watching Gokaiger. Unfortunately, that's the extent of my knowledge.

The rest of them I'm not too knowledgeable on. (I know their BASIC plots; but nothing detail-y)

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Well, we could always go with different universes that were yet to be filmed. I missed the episode of Power Rangers Samurai, but wasn't that the case for the Red Ranger from the previous season when he showed up?

Yeah the red RPM ranger said he came from another dimension. That was just Saban's excuse to not have him demorph because apparently the air in the Samurai rangers dimension was toxic to him. But really this was just to hide the fact that it wasn't the original actor portraying him. Samurai Sentai Shinkenger was so much better anyway. Actually most Super Sentai are better than the Power Ranger counter parts with a few exceptions.

Anyway in Engine Sentai Go-Onger, the Super Sentai counterpart of Power Rangers RPM, the entire premise of the show was different. Instead of a post-apocalyptic setting, the rangers would travel to many different worlds kind of like Kingdom Hearts. There was even a Christmas world. So I'm thinking what we could do is have the RPer characters be a group of rangers in a ship (possibly space pirates like the Gokaigers) traveling to different worlds each one inhabited by a different team of rangers from past seasons. In Super Sentai, ranger teams can be as small as three people so all we really need is three to get started then if anyone else wants to join in, we can have them join the crew. Since we're a ranger team though we probably shouldn't go over ten members. If we do go with a pirate motif who is going to be captain?

ZeronXFactor

As long as it ain't based on any shit season like Samurai, Jungle Force, RPM, or anything after Mystic Force, I'm in. :3
RPM A SHIT SEASON? Are you insane. It had the best plot the out of all the disney seasons. and to be fair Saban had less time than usual for Samurai. I mean less than a year and needing promos to be made isn't enough time to make a whole season.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I kinda liked Samurai. But something tells me that it would be original. As for the plot and world, there's no telling.

A plot and world is what I wanted me and the RPers to formulate. Like I said, Halloween, Voodoo, and Medevial are the only three non-Sentai-claimed motifs I can think of; (Though dAers have claimed them: Search "Sentai concepts" on dA) though we tried a Medevial-based RP already; and it stalled after a month.

And before anyone asks: In Space was my favorite. XD

Last edited:

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
It's just that most RPers don't like characters that they don't make. It gets too boring too quickly.

You have a point. I mean, we can take the Gokaiger route and have cameos from past Sentai/Rangers...Or even ongoing ones, like Akibaranger. We can even have them morph into their old forms, too if needed.

But RPing as them would have to be an extra thing. Putting them as a main focus would be overdoing it a bit in my opnion.

Is it that big a deal if we use an already used theme? Super Sentai does it from time to time too.

Well, the "Automobile/Traffic Safety" and "Dinosaur" themes have been used to death. I'm just gonna expresss my dislike for those two.

Maybe we could usse a more obscure theme, such as detectives like J.A.K.Q or Angels like Goseigers. Though, wouldn't it be a more unique experience if we came up with a theme all our own? :D

I have a "Dimension-hopping" idea swimming in my head, but it hasn't developed much. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back