• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Stupidly bored. Questions for Christians ONLY!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
No.

You only think that because of what society tells you.

It's not about the action itself, it's about the motivation behind it.

Actually, visual displays of kissing using your tongue (and by that, I mean you can actually see the tongue) is often used to represent sexuality, or sexual attraction. It's seen all throughout media.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
No.

You only think that because of what society tells you.

It's not about the action itself, it's about the motivation behind it.

Well I don't think society would make that clear to most people witnessing it.

Usually now and days a hug would be more appropiate for a sign of brotherly love (Agape Love I think it was).

I classify kissing as more of an Eros type love.

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
He meant you proved my point about society dictating what is sexual and what is not.

And fal'Cie, you can't classify love like that. Love doesn't work that way, and kissing doesn't have to be a sign of love at all.

And just because you think something is inappropriate doesn't mean it's sinful.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
And fal'Cie, you can't classify love like that. Love doesn't work that way, and kissing doesn't have to be a sign of love at all.

Love is already classified.

Eros- Eros ( érōs) is passionate love, with sensual desire and longing. The Modern Greek word "erotas" means "(romantic) love". The term erotic is derived from eros.

Agape- Agape (αγάπη agápē) means "love" in modern day Greek, such as in the term s'agapo (Σ'αγαπώ), which means"I love you". In Ancient Greek it often refers to a general affection rather than the attraction suggested by "eros"; agape is used in ancient texts to denote feelings for a good meal, one's children, and the feelings for a spouse. It can be described as the feeling of being content or holding one in high regard.

Philia- Philia (φιλία philia), which means friendship in modern Greek, a dispassionate virtuous love, was a concept developed by Aristotle. It includes loyalty to friends, family, and community, and requires virtue, equality and familiarity. In ancient texts, philos denoted a general type of love, used for love between family, between friends, a desire or enjoyment of an activity, as well as between lovers.

Storge- Storge (στοργή storgē) means "affection" in ancient and modern Greek; it is natural affection, like that felt by parents for offspring. Rarely used in ancient works, and then almost exclusively as a descriptor of relationships within the family. It is also known to express mere acceptance or putting up with situations - as in "loving" the tyrant.

Now it all depends on which love he was specificly trying to show for entertainment. If it was brotherly love then I don't understand why he needed to show it in front of people who have nothing to do with their friendship.

Rich said:
And just because you think something is inappropriate doesn't mean it's sinful.

In this case, it just so happened to be both imo.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards

Eros- Eros ( érōs) is passionate love, with sensual desire and longing. The Modern Greek word "erotas" means "(romantic) love". The term erotic is derived from eros.

Agape- Agape (αγάπη agápē) means "love" in modern day Greek, such as in the term s'agapo (Σ'αγαπώ), which means"I love you". In Ancient Greek it often refers to a general affection rather than the attraction suggested by "eros"; agape is used in ancient texts to denote feelings for a good meal, one's children, and the feelings for a spouse. It can be described as the feeling of being content or holding one in high regard.

Philia- Philia (φιλία philia), which means friendship in modern Greek, a dispassionate virtuous love, was a concept developed by Aristotle. It includes loyalty to friends, family, and community, and requires virtue, equality and familiarity. In ancient texts, philos denoted a general type of love, used for love between family, between friends, a desire or enjoyment of an activity, as well as between lovers.

Storge- Storge (στοργή storgē) means "affection" in ancient and modern Greek; it is natural affection, like that felt by parents for offspring. Rarely used in ancient works, and then almost exclusively as a descriptor of relationships within the family. It is also known to express mere acceptance or putting up with situations - as in "loving" the tyrant.

Now it all depends on which love he was specificly trying to show for entertainment. If it was brotherly love then I don't understand why he needed to show it in front of people who have nothing to do with their friendship.

cool story bro

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com

Yeah, yeah, I got the whole lecture about the greek love in my Bible class. Well, the Greeks were a bunch of bisexuals anyway.

In all seriousness, though, you can't place 4 little words into "types" of love and say that's it. Love is more complicated than that. I happen to disagree with your little classification.

And as for the kissing being sinful, care to explain how?

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Yeah, yeah, I got the whole lecture about the greek love in my Bible class. Well, the Greeks were a bunch of bisexuals anyway.

In all seriousness, though, you can't place 4 little words into "types" of love and say that's it. Love is more complicated than that. I happen to disagree with your little classification.

Well are there any other examples of love that you have in mind? because I can't think of anything else.

Rich said:
And as for the kissing being sinful, care to explain how?

His motives behind it. What was he kissing for? It obviously wasn't so that he can greet him.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Look. They're celebrities and they're doing it for attention. Do you think Britney Spears and Madonna kissed because they loved each other?

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Look. They're celebrities and they're doing it for attention. Do you think Britney Spears and Madonna kissed because they loved each other?

Whose says I agree with that?

Plus I didn't say he loved him. If he kissed another man he must obviously have no sexual prefrences of male or female.

Most celeberties now will do anything and everything they're contractors tell them too, even homosexual/lesbian activity.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Tell that to his wife.

Just because he has a wife doesn't mean his sexual preference is woman. Most celeberties (like will smith and jada pinkett) have an open relationship, where they can be with whoever they want when they want without the consent of the spouse.

EDIT: Also most people get married just so others one coin them with the terms Child Molester, Rapist, or Homosexual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back