• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Stupidly bored. Questions for Christians ONLY!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipporahss

Okay, if you're all Christians these questions are for you.

1. what's your favorite Christian Artist
2. what's your favorite book in the Bible
3. what's your favorite type of sermons to listen to?

For me...

1. Uh... Casting Crowns, MercyMe, CrossMovement, Switchfoot, Kirk Franklin and the list goes on
2. Judges! Job and Esther!
3. sermons about hell, heaven and the demonic forces and things that tells that God forgives us no matter what.

So what about you?

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg

For me...

1. Uh... Casting Crowns, MercyMe, CrossMovement, Switchfoot, Kirk Franklin and the list goes on
3. sermons about hell, heaven and the demonic forces and things that tells that God forgives us no matter what.

So what about you?

1. I disagree with most christian music today. One band that comes closest to my beliefs is Becoming The Archetype.

2. Revelations

3. End times and spiritual warfare.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Hmm.....

1. I myself don't listen to Christian music, as it's often very repetitive and with all honesty concerns something that I don't wish to listen to in my music.

2. I don't have a favorite book of the Bible, per se, but I do have one particular passage that I enjoy, in the Book of Kings: The Prophet's Curse, in which Elisha, having been severely harassed by local children, calls forth two mother bears from the nearby woods to devour the bothersome minors.

3. Sermons concerning Jesus's various teaching parables are always somewhat interesting to listen to, I suppose...

So I take it you're not Christian?

No, it could be that he just doesn't listen to the atrocity that is faith-based music.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
1. I myself don't listen to Christian music, as it's often very repetitive and with all honesty concerns something that I don't wish to listen to in my music.

Not only that, but most Christian artist are hypocrits.

Zipporahss

Not only that, but most Christian artist are hypocrits.

Okay, I need to know which ones are you talking about. The ones I had listed are very strong in thier faith. CrossMovement I know for a fact, the founder of the group is my spiritual uncle. Or a family friend.

http://www.crossmovementrecords.com/pages.asp?pageid=66461

Here's the link. Ambassador is my uncle.

I know for a fact that anyone who wants to be under their label they have to prove that their faith in God is strong. My uncle is also a pastor, he allows people to be members only if they're willing to prove that they're true to what they claim.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Okay, I need to know which ones are you talking about. The ones I had listed are very strong in thier faith. CrossMovement I know for a fact, the founder of the group is my spiritual uncle. Or a family friend.

http://www.crossmovementrecords.com/pages.asp?pageid=66461

Here's the link. Ambassador is my uncle.

I know for a fact that anyone who wants to be under their label they have to prove that their faith in God is strong. My uncle is also a pastor, he allows people to be members only if they're willing to prove that they're true to what they claim.

Well I'm speaking in terms of more big time Christian artist like Jars of Clay, Third Day, Micheal W. Smith, Toby Mac, etc.

Most of them are in some associated with Bono from U2. Plus there are other Christian artists, who when asked who they wanted to tour with, choose people like 50 cent or Bono.

Zipporahss

Well I'm speaking in terms of more big time Christian artist like Jars of Clay, Third Day, Micheal W. Smith, Toby Mac, etc.

Most of them are in some associated with Bono from U2. Plus there are other Christian artists, who when asked who they wanted to tour with, choose people like 50 cent or Bono.

I see, but you must understand, some Christians are not as strong as others, that doesn't mean that they're hypocites.

But I know where you're coming from.

But if anyone Beyondce is. Honestly I can't stand her, I wouldn't shake her hand even if I was paid to it. She claims to be a Christian but she looks (dresses) more like a striper.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards

how is that hypocritical?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
1. I don't listen to a lot of Christian Rock, because the sounds and lyrics are usually pretty generic. Though, I currently like listening to Devil Wears Prada.

2. Genesis, Revelation, 1 & 2 Corinthians, Ephesians, the Gospels, Psalms, and Proverbs. (sorry, can't narrow it down, lol)

3. Apologetics and Eternity

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
I see, but you must understand, some Christians are not as strong as others, that doesn't mean that they're hypocites.

But I know where you're coming from.

But if anyone Beyondce is. Honestly I can't stand her, I wouldn't shake her hand even if I was paid to it. She claims to be a Christian but she looks (dresses) more like a striper.

This is what I mean. I'm sure if you feel your called to be in the music industry to sing praises to God, you should know by then not to indulge yourself in the world but be seperate from it. Wishing you can go on tour with 50 cent should be red flag.

Massive Attack said:
how is that hypocritical?

fal'Cie said:

Also accoding to Third Day, Bono is their hero; and yet his lifestyle goes against everything they sing and believe.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
1. The Newsboys/Peter Gabriel
2. Genesis
3. Don't really listen to them

Massive Attack

Awards
Also accoding to Third Day, Bono is their hero; and yet his lifestyle goes against everything they sing and believe.

what are you on? he's at least 50 and donates millions of pounds to charity. When people think Bono, they don't think "Drugged up rock star with a never ending erection".

Peter Gabriel

Just because he was in a band called Genesis, doesn't mean he's a 'christian musician'. Though I think he believes in God, he does criticise Christianity and is actually quite interested in Buddhism.

Last edited:

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

For me...

So what about you?

1. Same with that other dude (or dudette, didn't check). I don't listen to them.

2. Favorite Bible book - hmmm, I love them all. I can't really pick a favorite as they all have great info.

3. Sermons, where I go we don't really have "sermons" but we have more discourses, discussions, and classes. I like em all.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
what are you on? he's at least 50 and donates millions of pounds to charity. When people think Bono, they don't think "Drugged up rock star with a never ending erection".

And?

To my understanding he's still bisexual and he hasn't repented of any of his past sins. Good works do not overwrite sins, and thats one thing Third Day should know.

Massive Attack

Awards
And?

To my understanding he's still bisexual and he hasn't repented of any of his past sins. Good works do not overwrite sins, and thats one thing Third Day should know.

ahahahaha, since when was Bono bisexual? I'm not even going to bother asking why that's a bad thing anyway.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
ahahahaha, since when was Bono bisexual? I'm not even going to bother asking why that's a bad thing anyway.

Yeah its ok to kiss your lead guitarist on stage.

Well seeing as this thread is coming from a Christain perspective then yeah homosexuality is a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back