• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Stupid things that happened to you

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I might as well share something, too.

A couple years ago I managed to trip over nothing (inside my own house to boot) and sprained my ankle badly enough that I ended up on crutches for about three weeks.

It sucked.
Spraining your ankle has to got to be one of the most burdensome annoyances. Gosh, I hate it whenever I sprain my ankle.

Also, when my family was in at a grocery store and allowed me to stay inside the car, I decided to go in after them for some reason. I ended up going through the place where one puts in the shopping carts. I missed the first sign but crashed into the second. I ended up walking into the store with a bloody nose. I was wearing high heels during the whole incident.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
More recently, I keep skipping out on my studying when I really should stick to it.

I can totally relate and feel guilty each time this happens to me. Which is almost all the time even on vacations hahahahahaha...... ah. Not funny. Makes enjoying things really hard :'[

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Just found out that I was in the wrong major. The classes I need are on only offered in the fall, and the timeframe to drop classes has passed. Have to wait until next year.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Just found out that I was in the wrong major. The classes I need are on only offered in the fall, and the timeframe to drop classes has passed. Have to wait until next year.

This is downright terrible. Just thinking about the crazy educational bureaucracy such situations involve gives me nightmares

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
More often than not I find myself thinking it's a good idea to catch 200 degree hot plates with my arm before they fall to the floor.
Spoiler: It's never a good idea.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I poured a shot of vodka into a tostitos scoop chip and added salsa to it, it tasted great but I have a piece of tortilla chip in my throat.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
This is downright terrible. Just thinking about the crazy educational bureaucracy such situations involve gives me nightmares
I stopped going to college and quite frankly, I am bored out of my mind. Of course, I am not planning going back right now due to my debt. I've thought about going to trade school. However, knowing me, I just seem to lack the motivation and the confidence. I am currently looking for work.

Last edited:

Veevee

Awards
"I'm so hungry, I can't wait" - famous last words
"Carrying it around in a closed box for 10 minutes should be enough for it to cool off" - NO.
"shit, I am allergic to that, I totally forgot"
"The plate is no longer hot, is it?"
"It's not that old, I can still eat that"

Oh, the pain.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
So, I went ice skating for the first time in my life earlier this year. I was getting the hang of sliding across ice and balancing on knives after an hour. My cousin on the other hand was slipping just about every roundabout. Right before we were about to leave, and I mean right before, my friend scared me by rushing towards me really fast and then braking. I put my hand to my face thinking he was going to kick up ice and I lost my balance. I fell directly onto my left palm at an awkward angle ( my fingertips facing towards my butt and my palm towards my face). I put all my weight on my hand as I flew up. Took me a couple of seconds to feel an excruciating pain in my wrist. It felt like when you fall on your wrist so hard, you can't feel your fingers or move it but your clearly in pain. Now multiply that by five and with a hot, burning sensation. I just laid on the ice feeling completely nauseated and like I was going to pass out. I fell so hard, everyone one the ice rink checked up on me.

Finally got off the ice and found out immediately that I could not move my hand or fingers and that it reeeaaallllyyy hurts. Had a nurse check on it and they said it was fine but to put ice on it. Lo and behold, as soon as I left the rink, my wrist was hurting tenfold to the point that I started to cry. After two hours, and a trip to my local hospital, urgent care, I finally made it to a hospital that accepted my insurance. I had the hugest bump on my wrist to due me breaking blood vessels from the fall and didn't notice this until I went to UC where even they went wtf and were worried for me. Every place and person told me it's just a sprain and I even thought so myself because I believed if I really did break a bone, I would have been screaming and crying. Found out I fractured my wrist in both bones with the bumpy visible bone on my wrist being completely broken off. Yep, waited 7 hours in a hospital with absolutely no painkillers waiting for a doctor to call three other doctors to see if I needed surgery. Said I didn't need surgery. I'm $3,000 in debt and can no longer bend my wrist backwards.

I needed the surgery lmao.

PS>I have pics of the bump on my wrist if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
So, I went ice skating for the first time in my life earlier this year. I was getting the hang of sliding across ice and balancing on knives after an hour. My cousin on the other hand was slipping just about every roundabout. Right before we were about to leave, and I mean right before, my friend scared me by rushing towards me really fast and then braking. I put my hand to my face thinking he was going to kick up ice and I lost my balance. I fell directly onto my left palm at an awkward angle ( my fingertips facing towards my butt and my palm towards my face). I put all my weight on my hand as I flew up. Took me a couple of seconds to feel an excruciating pain in my wrist. It felt like when you fall on your wrist so hard, you can't feel your fingers or move it but your clearly in pain. Now multiply that by five and with a hot, burning sensation. I just laid on the ice feeling completely nauseated and like I was going to pass out. I fell so hard, everyone one the ice rink checked up on me.

Finally got off the ice and found out immediately that I could not move my hand or fingers and that it reeeaaallllyyy hurts. Had a nurse check on it and they said it was fine but to put ice on it. Lo and behold, as soon as I left the rink, my wrist was hurting tenfold to the point that I started to cry. After two hours, and a trip to my local hospital, urgent care, I finally made it to a hospital that accepted my insurance. I had the hugest bump on my wrist to due me breaking blood vessels from the fall and didn't notice this until I went to UC where even they went wtf and were worried for me. Every place and person told me it's just a sprain and I even thought so myself because I believed if I really did break a bone, I would have been screaming and crying. Found out I fractured my wrist in both bones with the bumpy visible bone on my wrist being completely broken off. Yep, waited 7 hours in a hospital with absolutely no painkillers waiting for a doctor to call three other doctors to see if I needed surgery. Said I didn't need surgery. I'm $3,000 in debt and can no longer bend my wrist backwards.

I needed the surgery lmao.

PS>I have pics of the bump on my wrist if anyone is interested.

That's quite the story, I would love to see pics, might want to spoiler tag it for the squimish.
Does sound like a stupid thing, I tried ice skating earlier this year, definitely not for me.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
That's quite the story, I would love to see pics, might want to spoiler tag it for the squimish.
Does sound like a stupid thing, I tried ice skating earlier this year, definitely not for me.

I'm a dingus and deleted the photos. All I have is the CD with my broken bones and a photo on my insta where you can kind of see it. I forgot I put it as a story and also reset my phone :c. It just looked like a massive raised bump exactly on my wrist. They said it was a ?blood clot? and that they never seen one that size before as it was comparable to a golf ball. A few people on here know what I'm talkin 'bout with this.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Wintertide I have nothing but sympathy for you and your poor wrist. :( I hope you're not in too much pain or discomfort. It's almost like a cautionary tale hearing what you had to go through with doctors and getting adequate care, if only it weren't such a common experience.

I got one for the thread. Earlier I was at work standing in one of the many hallways that occupy our building and I turned to leave, and in the process I thought I had made the corner that leads out buuut I hadn't. My face smashed into the wall with such force that the left lens of my glasses broke out and flew halfway down the hall while I reeled and staggered several feet with my glasses askew, knocked totally out of my senses, like I think I know what a boxer feels like after a good long match of getting pummeled, it sounded like a bomb went off on impact. Then I had to spend several minutes wandering around trying to find the missing lens, but of course I'm essentially blind in one eye so I'm like crawling on the floor with one eye shut scrambling with my hands before I think to pull out my phone and use the flashlight. Eventually found the lens intact and was able to fix my glasses and stumble away like nothing happened.

At least nobody walked by during the whole ordeal so there's that. Got a token bruise next to my left eye as a nice little souvenir.

Back