• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix Representative Heavily Hints that Wreck-it-Ralph World is coming to Union X[cross]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Last week, we were invited to try out two demos of Kingdom Hearts III at an exclusive event in Santa Monica. The Premiere Event featured levels based on Hercules and Toy Story, each with different combat, visuals, and secrets.

One of the biggest surprises showcased in the Toy Story demo was a brand-new Link attack with Ralph from the 2012 Disney film Wreck-it-Ralph. The existence of this summon has raised a few questions about whether or not a Wreck-it-Ralph world would be included in Kingdom Hearts III (Genie and Tinker-bell were summons Kingdom Hearts and we visited their worlds in that game) or if his presence in the demo linked with another Kingdom Hearts game, namely the mobile Kingdom Hearts Union χ.

In April 2018, Square Enix hosted the Dandelion Meeting where there were two revelations about the connection between Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts Union χ. The first was that a selection of mini-games that will be available in Kingdom Hearts III will first be coming to Kingdom Hearts Union χ. The mini-games are based on old Mickey Mouse cartoons such as Giantland and The Barnyard Battle and will be adapted to work with touch screen controls when they finally launch in Kingdom Hearts Union χ.

Tetsuya Nomura revealed that a character from the new Union χ, which was announced in 2016 as "the third (world) will be a new world starting from season two, and it will be a new Disney world that has not appeared in the KH series so far", would first been seen in a trailer before the world announcement was made. With Ralph actually revealed in a gameplay demo, Nomura had this to say:

Nomura: The element I wanted to reveal next month (new summon) ended up being included in this demo version, so I guess I want you to go look at that (laughs).

With Ralph revealed for Kingdom Hearts III and evidence mounting that Wreck-it-Ralph will be the exclusive Union χ world, Square Enix Mobile Community Representative Glacie heavily hinted that this is indeed factual:

"Hmm, I wonder... :)" hints SQEX_Glacie

With a world based on video games, it does give a canon reason for the player to experience the Classic Kingdom mini-games. Whether this world will have more to it than potentially hosting the Classic Kingdom mini-games is currently unknown.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union X[cross], Kingdom Hearts III, and all things related to Kingdom Hearts

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Square Enix Representative Heavily Hints that Wreck-it-Ralph World coming to Union X[cross]

chaser im not surpise event though a world wont be in kh3 you can do some much in ux and not make it boring and reptive plus the music oh my god

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I hope the new music for the Wreck-it-Ralph UX world is good. But now I fear the amount of padding quests we will get in that world to make it as meaty as all the other worlds.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
I hope the new music for the Wreck-it-Ralph UX world is good. But now I fear the amount of padding quests we will get in that world to make it as meaty as all the other worlds.

If they actually tie it to the main story in a relevant way, the padding hopefully won't be too bad. As long as it doesn't become Agrabah 2.0, we should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back