• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix register "SE Masterpieces" trademark in Europe (UPDATED)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepe1092

Awards
A user on Gaming Mega-Forum NeoGAF has uncovered a new European trademark filed by Square Enix for the name "SE Masterpieces" - a name that has been used in the past for a 'complete collection' of Kingdom Hearts games in Japan.

The trademark for the name "SE Masterpieces" was filed on the 11th May by Square Enix Europe via their offices based in Wimbledon in London. The trademark covers a variety of media including "Computer game software, computer games, video game software" and "Printed matter" such as books and strategy guides.

The masterpieces name was previously used in a Japan-only release of Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories titled "Trinity Master Pieces", which has led fans to speculate this trademark could be readying an upcoming new line of rereleases of classic Square Enix titles.

Square Enix's recent Fiscal Year 2010/2011 report highlighted "Digitizing our catalog titles" as a priority for ensuring growth for the company, which posted massive losses in that report.

We've fired Square Enix an email to see what all this is about, but we imagine they'll be keeping quiet for now - but perhaps we'll hear more at E3 2011. We'll be out at the show, so be sure to check back with us for the latest news.

This is a fragment of new of Vandal website

Metal Gear Solid confirm rumors Peace Walker PlayStation 3

Following the announcement of PSP Remaster, the line of adaptations of PSP PlayStation 3 in high definition and compatibility with 3D, and confirmed his first game, Monster Hunter Portable HD 3rd, there are many rumors of other possible re-releases.

Speculation points to Square Enix turning their games in SE Masterpieces, and Konami with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, whose adaptation was suggested ever since the launch laptop. JVN now goes a step further and even confirmed that the game will come to PlayStation 3. The game would benefit from DualShock control, and would be launched PlayStation Network, not the physical format, as long as this source.

Konami has not officially confirmed anything so far, but expect more ads adaptations during E3 2011, in early June.

Source:NeoGAF - View Single Post - Square-Enix trademarks "SE Masterpieces" in Europe... and Rumores confirman Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker en PlayStation 3 - Vandal.net

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Square Enix register "SE Masterpieces" trademark in Europe

Certainly interesting...if this isn't a hoax and KH is included in it, hopefully it'll be the Final Mix versions of KH 1 and 2.
For that, I would even comtemplate buying it, furthermore also because Europe didn't get Re: Chain of Memories.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: Square Enix register "SE Masterpieces" trademark in Europe

Certainly interesting...if this isn't a hoax and KH is included in it, hopefully it'll be the Final Mix versions of KH 1 and 2.
For that, I would even comtemplate buying it, furthermore also because Europe didn't get Re: Chain of Memories.

Thats what I'm hoping for, the Final Mixes. It makes sense too considering the 10th anniversary is coming up, and I always thought DDD was a bad gift considering many people do not have 3DS's and probably won't by that time because they are so expensive.

PowerIsNothing

That would be great to get a remaster. Being English, I never got to play Re:Chain of Memories. Having KH 1 and 2 remastered would be great, but just the chance to play RE:COM, will be more than enough for me to buy the HD collection, should it ever come out.

sdr08

I believe bbsv2 will have a chance being on ps3, if they include BBS as part of the collection

Shadow Key

This'd be great since I sold my PS2 when I got my PS3 Slim, so I'd love SE eternally if they could go through with HD renditions on the PS3.

kupo1121

Awards
KH, KH: RECOM, KH2, BBS HD Collection for my PS3???? Please Square?

I think that is a bit much. I could see them remastering BbS and maybe...and I mean very unlikely maybe, KH1 and 2. However, Re:CoM was a remake in itself so I don't think they would remake them, because then they would really have to keep remaking every KH game with a new game console. For example, This would be Re:Re:CoM, on the PS4 people would complain for a Re:Re:Re:CoM and it would be endless. I only see them remastering a game once, so I think they might only do BbS or maybe KH1 and 2.

sdr08

I think that is a bit much. I could see them remastering BbS and maybe...and I mean very unlikely maybe, KH1 and 2. However, Re:CoM was a remake in itself so I don't think they would remake them, because then they would really have to keep remaking every KH game with a new game console. For example, This would be Re:Re:CoM, on the PS4 people would complain for a Re:Re:Re:CoM and it would be endless. I only see them remastering a game once, so I think they might only do BbS or maybe KH1 and 2.
while I partly agree you about re COM, but the new ps3s aren't backwards compatible as far as I know making the series unaccesible to most ps3 users, and if they don't include RECOM in the collection that would incomplete the mainstream series seeing it is a bridge game, and there will always be remakes of very popular games.

StVen

All I want is this to happen. I don't really care what kh game they have in collection as long as it would be in HD and ps3! I have slim can't play my old ones. Have to use my mcbooted ps2. :D

kupo1121

Awards
Actually, Sony patented a small box that you plugged into the back of the PS3 that would allow the PS3 to play PS2 games. The box had PS2 controller ports and memory card ports on it I believe when I saw the rough sketches. No word has been said on it since that patent was seen by the public, but if they had that in mind, they could always just do that as I know the whole PS3 not being backwards compatible problem is seeing as I have one of those PS3's which isn't backwards compatible.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As for this "Masterpieces", there are three scenarios in which I as an european fan would buy a KH-edition of it.

1. If it includes the Final Mixes of KH 1 and 2 as well as Re:CoM it would be a must-have.
2. If it includes only the normal KH 1 and 2 as well as Re:CoM I would make it dependent on the price.
3. If it only includes the Final Mixes of 1 and 2, I would probably go and ask someone for it as a birthday-present, lol.

As I still have and honor my PS2 I've no need to re-buy this if it only consists of the normal Kh 1 and 2, as I already own those.

sdr08

Actually, Sony patented a small box that you plugged into the back of the PS3 that would allow the PS3 to play PS2 games. The box had PS2 controller ports and memory card ports on it I believe when I saw the rough sketches. No word has been said on it since that patent was seen by the public, but if they had that in mind, they could always just do that as I know the whole PS3 not being backwards compatible problem is seeing as I have one of those PS3's which isn't backwards compatible.

Oh really? I didn't know that...oh well lol, if I were Nourma, i would do a collection of BBS, KHFm RECOm KH2Fm, and maybe release BBSV2 on the ps3, that would bring sales up, if you know what I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back