• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix Permanently Removes KHIII Demo from Road to Greatness Tour

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Wow, yeah. It's 2018. Everybody has a camera on their phone. This is not a new phenomenon. Don't make anything public you aren't ready to, you know, make public. SE and Nomura have really got to get over their hang ups with this sort of thing. It feels like half the places the demo has been, they haven't even advertised it. Don't you want people talking about your game that's coming out in a few months? Isn't that the point of putting a demo out there in the first place? It kind of baffles the mind.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Because the demo wouldn't have been removed if the guy had never taken the photo and posted it on social media. They are to blame.

And yet I'm sure the point of bringing these demo stations to these events was to boost attendance at these events and also bring these games to the attention of people who may be casual gamers.

Promotion on social media by good word of mouth is ALWAYS a good thing for a franchise. To put dumb limitations like no photos/videos for a general audience is silly when you want people to talk about the game and share this stuff around.

This is 100% SE and Sony's fault for being so rigid about arbitrary rules about what can and can't be recorded and for bringing a demo they weren't supposed to have out in the public. These kinds of practices are outdated and do nothing but make fans feel like they are being punished for something that won't matter in 4 months once the game releases.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
This honestly just baffles me to no end. Not allowing visuals to spread of a public demo that is, by definition, an advertisement, preview, and hand engineered incentive to buy their soon to be released product (i.e. increase interest, support, awareness, and excitement for this game and it's subsequent showings/tours such as this) doesn't make any logical sense. If it's cause the build is outdated or of pour quality in some way (certainly not because of spoilers, right?), either don't release it at all, or replace it with another demo. We're also in an age where things like image/video leaks are incredibly common, so I would've hoped that there must have been anticipation of this to some extent. It's just basic proactive thinking, and a company's oversight should never be to the of detriment of it's fans/supporters. But what's done is done I guess. The human factor is a thing, so I'll just leave it at that.
Edit: Forgive me if I was regurgitating a lot of what was already said, I hadn't actually checked the other post till afterwards.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
What I want to know if how tf is Square gonna pull a demo from a paid tour event because one guy took a picture of an unseen area from a world we've known about for 3 years, yet they have no issue showing a clip of an incredibly plot-significant boss battle on a public livestream?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
And yet I'm sure the point of bringing these demo stations to these events was to boost attendance at these events and also bring these games to the attention of people who may be casual gamers.

Promotion on social media by good word of mouth is ALWAYS a good thing for a franchise. To put dumb limitations like no photos/videos for a general audience is silly when you want people to talk about the game and share this stuff around.

This is 100% SE and Sony's fault for being so rigid about arbitrary rules about what can and can't be recorded and for bringing a demo they weren't supposed to have out in the public. These kinds of practices are outdated and do nothing but make fans feel like they are being punished for something that won't matter in 4 months once the game releases.

Exactly, and to add insult to injury, we're going to be paying for this product once it releases. This practice is the opposite of what promotion is designed for.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I feel sorry for fans who wanted to demo. It's quite unfair for Square Enix to do this when it was their fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back