• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix is Hiring More Staff for Kingdom Hearts 3!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The Osaka team worked on the HD remix's
yep
and if I'm remembering correctly Birth by sleep
They did.
and I don't remember if they did DDD. I can't wait to see how flowmotion will be implemented in these worlds.

Yep. The Osaka team's been carrying the weight of the franchise since Final Mix + came out and they made Re:CoM. And personally, I think the games they've worked on have had a lot of polish and have been the most fun in the series. Well, except Re:CoM but it was more fun than its gameboy predecessor.

BEASTENDER

I also didn't intend to shift the topic, and apologize as it wasn't my intent at all. Like it or not, it will unquestionably look beautiful in Unreal Engine 4.

Speaking of weather, I want weather effects as well. In XV, when it's stopped raining, puddles stick around for a time and some settlements appear damp. Naturally, their clothes and hair also get wet. I'd like to see some of this in KH3 as well (I think someone mentioned that they saw Sora's hair moving with the wind at the special launch event viewing). They mentioned crumbling rocks when scaling things like mountains awhile back, so I hope this is a noticeable inclusion this go round.

If NPC's do play a bigger role, I hope their effects stay true to their game. For instance, If Neku makes it, instead of using the KH thunder attack or fire attack, I want it to be the stylized one from his game, TWEWY. The same goes for other Square and Disney properties.

I do have a question though (too lazy to dig it up lol). When it says NPC's will join the fight, are they referring to the character that joins your party for that world? Or do they mean character that are on the sidelines that still help out in battle, like Megara and Phil in Olympus Coliseum, or Jasmine in Agrabah?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I do have a question though (too lazy to dig it up lol). When it says NPC's will join the fight, are they referring to the character that joins your party for that world? Or do they mean character that are on the sidelines that still help out in battle, like Megara and Phil in Olympus Coliseum, or Jasmine in Agrabah?
Depends on how you interpret Nomura's words;

—Please tell us how the action in KHIII will have evolved.

Nomura: Right now there’s a demo version that works on our existing equipment… and it’s an absolute storm (laughs). It goes even beyond ‘bold action’. In KHIII you will have a three person party, but depending on the world NPCs will also join in fighting, basically, we’re developing some very flashy action. You’ll be flying through the sky unfolding into air battles without landing.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
But in general a small team hiring extra people doesn't automatically mean a bigger game. It just means they're getting people in to help speed the development a long. More people sharing the workload means things get done just a little bit quicker.

Ah okay. I somehow thought that more people automatically equals as bigger game(guess I should have read Master Spockanorts post little better).
Do any of you have difficulties imagining how KHIII will look and work? I know we have seen some small glimpses of it, but we have been so long "stuck" in the PS2 era(loading screens when you move to next are, graphics etc...), that I can`t even began to think how it might look.

The Osaka team worked on the HD remix's and if I'm remembering correctly Birth by sleep and I don't remember if they did DDD. I can't wait to see how flowmotion will be implemented in these worlds.

Yes. They also made DDD. Yasue being co-director etc.. About Flowmotion. I really like it, but I think would like it even more if they modified it a little bit. All though it was fun, the speed was little too fast. The flying felt little schizophrenic at times, so maybe instead of flying, it would be something like parkouring, or an overall improvement to Sora`s(or any other characters) mobility and movement.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ah okay. I somehow thought that more people automatically equals as bigger game(guess I should have read Master Spockanorts post little better).
Yeah it's not always the case.

Take these images for example:
B7gisZSCIAAe-lr.jpg:large

B7gjLL8CUAAW71_.jpg:large

Doesn't look like that big of a team but these people spent 5 years making The Order 1886.

Keyslinger

Yeah the flowmotion was a bit odd at times but overall I love it. I want to see something like in the announcement trailer where Sora jumps on the wall and rides the Heartless. I didn't know Osaka did Final Mix+. Who did the first KH?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah the flowmotion was a bit odd at times but overall I love it. I want to see something like in the announcement trailer where Sora jumps on the wall and rides the Heartless. I didn't know Osaka did Final Mix+. Who did the first KH?
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were made by the team that is now working on Final Fantasy XV. Since they're busy with that game, Osaka has taken on the responsibility of Kingdom Hearts 3, and it's well deserved I reckon. They've pretty much established themselves as the main Kingdom Hearts team now.

Keyslinger

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were made by the team that is now working on Final Fantasy XV. Since they're busy with that game, Osaka has taken on the responsibility of Kingdom Hearts 3, and it's well deserved I reckon. They've pretty much established themselves as the main Kingdom Hearts team now.
I didn't know that. I remember when Birth By Sleep was released I didn't know who the team was, and I had thought they were an outsourced team or something, but when I played it I was amazed. They've come far, and you're right its all deserved. With them at the helm of KH III I'm sure we will all be happy with the result.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
In charge of construction duties for a shader on the game engine for nature representations (water, rain, snow etc),
Screw rain and snow, I'm more excited about the water! Splashing around, swimming, staring at pretty waterfalls, drowning Donald, fighting the Kraken, riding Splash Mountain, Demyx coming back with a vengeance, etc. Just thinking about how the water will look in this game is getting me pumped!

and special effects (magic etc) etc, during online games.
Mirage Arena confirmed???

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Demyx coming back with a vengeance
Or that be Myde? I don't know if he'll be bad or not, but I can't wait to see what happened to the other members of the organization and why they weren't in DDD.
Mirage Arena confirmed???
That would be awesome! Actually any multiplayer in KH3 would be fine with me.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I remember thinking back when BBS first came out that the Osaka team had done such a great job with that game that they should be the ones to make KH3. I was and still am very happy to know that ended up happening. For all my concerns regarding the story and aesthetic values like NPC population and non-linear world designs, I'm pretty confident that the actual gameplay of KH3 will be absolutely fantastic.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
If the snow part means "Disney is shoving Frozen down our throats" I hope they think of a good story for it. I think there's other worlds where Sora might get snow in his hair tho. /chuckle. Snow does suggest Frozen off the top of my head tho.

Otherwise, bring on the hype. Weather might be awesome and I hope I can catch up and get a PS4 before this comes out. ^^

Antar

Awards
Oh God, so many good job positions! It would be amazing to work with those guys, helping with the creation of one of my favorite series. One thing I'm really interested in is level design, it would be an awesome job to have. Hopefully whoever takes that job will be good since many KH games have very linear, empty, and flat levels. We need much more verticality like Tram Common in Twilight Town, which was a step in the right direction. In fact, Twilight Town was one of the best designed levels in the series. It had good verticality for the amount of mobility in KH2 and it was more open compared to other worlds in this series. Hopefully maps in KH3 will all be thought out more, not only in the visuals and aesthetics, but in the design, too.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Not to jump too off topic again, but idk why so many people are upset with frozen being included. I know that Disney is overselling it, but it's not like it'll be the same story as the movie. And I think I saw someone on here say they were fine with Frozen, but not Star Wars or Marvel. I don't understand how you can be for one but not the others. The team will make the worlds relevant to KH. I personally think it would be really cool to see Elsa in your party, using ice magic to eliminate enemies. And I'm all for Sora running around NYC with Spider-Man especially with the update to NPC. I just think that would be really cool. So I'm on board for whatever is in store.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
All these jobs just have my brain flowing with ideas for what they're doing with KH3. It seems like they just need a few extra hands to help them out with everything, but what they're asking for is just delicious.

No idea what the online games part refers to, but I do love rain in games. The rain in The World That Never Was was too brief for my liking so I'm glad they might be doing much more with it. The snow has me a bit worried, for obvious reasons, but my friend assures me there's plenty of other Disney films out there with snow.

I hope polishing up old models refers to taking the old models from previous games (such as Shadows and Large Bodies) and re-creating them in Unreal Engine 4. I'd be so disappointed if they just took them from KH2, put a coat of current gen gloss on it, and called it a day. I want detail damn it :(

Towns and houses has got me really excited. I know previous games have featured plenty of this (Traverse Town, Twilight Town, Hollow Bastion, Land of Dragons, Christmas Town), but I just can't stop thinking of brand new Disney worlds such as Robin Hood for some reason.

Nomura said before that NPC characters would join in the fight so I'm reaaaallly hoping that this is what this job is referring to. I'm so excited to see how that all plays out.

There was snow on the ground in Mulan's world. There was snow in Aladdin when Jafar sent him to that far away arctic region. There was snow in Monsters Inc. when Mike and Sully were banished. I mean it's obvious that FROZEN will probably be featured, but it could be for other things. Even Morgana used ice/snow powers in The Little Mermaid II, so it could really be anywhere.

I'm just glad that Square is getting more people to work on this. They need to do everything from scratch. They CANNOT re-use old models because the series skipped an entire generation of consoles.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There was snow on the ground in Mulan's world. There was snow in Aladdin when Jafar sent him to that far away arctic region. There was snow in Monsters Inc. when Mike and Sully were banished. I mean it's obvious that FROZEN will probably be featured, but it could be for other things. Even Morgana used ice/snow powers in The Little Mermaid II, so it could really be anywhere.

I'm just glad that Square is getting more people to work on this. They need to do everything from scratch. They CANNOT re-use old models because the series skipped an entire generation of consoles.
Which was what I was actually trying to get at but I failed miserable at getting that across :(

I really didn't mean to turn this into a Frozen discussion, I was merely trying to say there are other Disney/Pixar films out there, such as 101 Dalmatians, Monsters Inc and Bambi that also have snow. I did a very bad job of saying it, I know.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
The though of a kh game having dynamic weather conditions sounds...awesome.Now if only night/day cycles for certain worlds was a thing.

I don't see it happening but imagining Destiny islands or Hollow bastion seamlessly transitioning from Day to night sounds amazing.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't see it happening but imagining Destiny islands or Hollow bastion seamlessly transitioning from Day to night sounds amazing.
It'd be cool if it had something like Lightning Returns where, depending on the time of day, there are more or less NPC's out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back