• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix is Hiring More Staff for Kingdom Hearts 3!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SephirothZ

It'd be cool if it had something like Lightning Returns where, depending on the time of day, there are more or less NPC's out and about.

different enemies as well if I remember correctly.

I am definitely excited about the dynamic weather and curious about the online portion. I am not a big fan of online for KH, but if it is done well, I can live with it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I am definitely excited about the dynamic weather and curious about the online portion. I am not a big fan of online for KH, but if it is done well, I can live with it.
While I do hope there's stuff like an online versus mode and what not, I also hope there are various challenges from your friends in worlds. Like if they got a certain score in a minigame you can see their score and try to beat it.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
While I do hope there's stuff like an online versus mode and what not, I also hope there are various challenges from your friends in worlds. Like if they got a certain score in a minigame you can see their score and try to beat it.

Hmm. Am I the only one how want`s KH to stay as singleplayer experience? I would like much better if instead of multiplayer, they created a post game dungeon like Cavern of Remambrance, and directed all of their attention to polish the story mode. All though who is to say they can`t do both. I still have to admit that multiplayer sounds interesting, but I prefer SP over MP.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hmm. Am I the only one how want`s KH to stay as singleplayer experience? I would like much better if instead of multiplayer, they created a post game dungeon like Cavern of Remambrance, and directed all of their attention to polish the story mode. All though who is to say they can`t do both. I still have to admit that multiplayer sounds interesting, but I prefer SP over MP.

I would not want to rule out a multiplayer mode completely, but I certainly want the singleplayer and story elements/scenarios to receive the priority focus in terms of development and attention and to be independent from any multiplayer content (meaning no scraps of story that can only be experienced through multiplayer).

I personally think Multiplayer in games like KH is rather unneccessary, unlike such games ala Tekken, Call of Duty etc. who thrive on the MP aspect.
And therefore MP can be an afterthought until everything else is set up smoothly and runs and those who don't care for it can then simply ignore it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Personally I've wanted KH to give the option for additional players to take control of AI party members for a long time. If the game's already balanced to have combatants besides Sora (especially with the alleged improved AI) then making co-op a bonus mode should be relatively painless. Like in the Tales of series.

Besides, to have "Friendship" as the central theme of the franchise & leave it a solitary experience seems...a tad contradictory.

Alpha Sonix

Personally I've wanted KH to give the option for additional players to take control of AI party members for a long time. If the game's already balanced to have combatants besides Sora (especially with the alleged improved AI) then making co-op a bonus mode should be relatively painless. Like in the Tales of series.

Besides, to have "Friendship" as the central theme of the franchise & leave it a solitary experience seems...a tad contradictory.

That... would be pretty cool. I remember in Bravely Default there was a similar thing which really focused on borrowing the strength of people from your 3DS friends list so it would be great if you had the option to transfer another player's stats or commands to your own, if only for a limited time. They already have something like that with the D-Links so I don't see why couldn't expand on it.

damn

If they include a Frozen world I will have to mute my TV when I play it
Fuck that shit...I have never watched the movie,I have never heard that stupid Let it Go song and I never will
I remember being cautiously optimistic when Disney announced they were going to make an adaptation of "The Snow Queen" which is one of my favorite fairytales
Than...a few years later trailer hits and bam it's nothing like The Snow Queen and looks like a retarded Direct-to-DVD Movie to boot
I'd rather re-watch Return of Jafar 100 times then ever watch that piece of shit

Fortissimo

Oh God.
If I was an illustration major I would have sent in my application in a heart beat. It would have been a dream come true to work on this </3 T-T

Im most excited for what they plan to do with online capabilities and the NCP's. The mirage area was such a good addition to the game and give you more reason to play after finishing the story. Still, i hope its not just arena matches and mini games. It would be nice to have a mission mode or what have you to play with others.
Or do you think X[Chi] will be implemented??? Or maybe just and element of it, assuming it get localized in the west.

I'm hoping that the NCP's appearing in the worlds (hopefully no more empty worlds) that react to battles and events aren't limited to supporting characters. It'd be nice to see any nameless NCP react to heartless swarms appearing or whatever else happening have effect on them like in FF games. It doesn't have to be the same way, but making the NCP's aware of situations and having the option to hear what they have to say about anything less awkward.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
If they include a Frozen world I will have to mute my TV when I play it
diddly that shit...I have never watched the movie,I have never heard that stupid Let it Go song and I never will
I remember being cautiously optimistic when Disney announced they were going to make an adaptation of "The Snow Queen" which is one of my favorite fairytales
Than...a few years later trailer hits and bam it's nothing like The Snow Queen and looks like a retarded Direct-to-DVD Movie to boot
I'd rather re-watch Return of Jafar 100 times then ever watch that piece of shit

Mm hating something blindly because it deviates from the source material doesn't make you cool or vindicated, and please don't use ableist language. Statistically speaking Frozen is literally Disney's crown jewel and the most successful animated film ever. Nothing is 100% but frozen is close to a garuntee

Last edited:

damn

Mm hating something blindly because it deviates from the source material doesn't make you cool or vindicated, and please don't use ableist language. Statistically speaking Frozen is literally Disney's crown jewel and the most successful animaed film ever. Nothing is 100% but frozen is close to a garuntee
Not when it's adjusted for inflation it's not(which is what really matters)
I don't care either way...I hated their previous Crown Jewel too...that overrated Lion King(unfortunately for me that movie has very few haters...but at it least it doesn't look like a Direct to Video movie like Frozen does so I'll give it that)

Frozen didn't deviate from the Source Material...Disney pretty much falsely advertised the whole thing in the first place...it wasn't even loosely based on the same Fairy Tale as they claim...cuz apart from the snow they have nothing in common
I've never watched it and I will never watch it...it looks dumb and I will not give that kind of sh*t the time of day...same goes for the bloody Live Action Maleficient Movie with Angelina Jolie
They have ruined Pixar too...ugh

I can use whatever the f*ck language I want

Fortissimo

I don't care either way...I hated their previous Crown Jewel too...that overrated Lion King(unfortunately for me that movie has very few haters...but at it least it doesn't look like a Direct to Video movie like Frozen does so I'll give it that)

Frozen didn't deviate from the Source Material...Disney pretty much falsely advertised the whole thing in the first place...it wasn't even loosely based on the same Fairy Tale as they claim...cuz apart from the snow they have nothing in common
I've never watched it and I will never watch it...it looks dumb and I will not give that kind of sh*t the time of day...same goes for the bloody Live Action Maleficient Movie with Angelina Jolie

okay

Not trying to derail the conversation anymore but this isn't really a place for that kinda talk. If you don't like a thing then okay cool.

Frozen isn't confirmed till we see a statement or what have you put out by the developers. And if it is in the game, then its in the game. we have to play it.

Regardless of weather or not its in the game, The effects they seem to want to use for textures and shadings would make it a really beautiful world. It'd be nice for them to animate the cold breath or reflections in the ice. With this unreal engine, they can make a lot of pretty graphics happen.
Is it strong enough to animate even little details like individual snow flakes? or blades of grass? I know nothing about what its limits are.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
No need to cuss though. Anyway I'm just hoping tbh that they make it part of the story in a way if they are including it at all. No musical rhythm game for it, ugh. I mean, I have the DVD of Frozen, and my nephew loves the movie, so it gets watched a lot.

I'm just hoping it's a decent story in game, and not a excuse for a bit of kissing lol. Again, if "snow effects" means "Frozen" well..

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
damn comes off to me like a mean angry guy and that's really unfortunate imo

the only thing that makes me mad in KH is when the gameplay is shitty which happen sometimes, and I think they're working hard to make that happen in KH3 so I'm glad

Fortissimo

...the only thing that makes me mad in KH is when the gameplay is shitty which happen sometimes, and I think they're working hard to make that happen in KH3 so I'm glad

I think thats something they are addressing based on what Yasue said regarding learning experience from the development of 2.5.

"but at the same time we don’t want to change what is fundamental about Kingdom Hearts. We’re hiring new people continuously, so they are learning about Kingdom Hearts through making 2.5. It’s a good learning experience."

making improvements to the combat programing would be something to learn from in prior installments. Though i do hope that means its more of an updated version of what we already had. Not a completely new way to fight. I was pretty comfortable with the battle aspects in the console games.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't see how you can hate Hamlet with lions but okay.

I doubt you've seen any actual straight to DVD movies recently.

I understand being disappointed that Frozen didn't end up being anything like it was initially going to be. But there are far more legitimate criticisms for the film than that, and blindly hating it just because it isn't for you when you haven't even seen it is immature.

Yeah, purposely bypassing this forums censors just because you want to swear is really cool. That's against our rules, please refrain from doing so again.

SephirothZ

No, I agree with you. Kingdom Hearts is first and foremost a single player game. Side games can do what they want, but it will turn me off. However, I would not mind Chaser's idea of mini-game scores being posted so you can compare with your friends. Heck, it actually adds replay value to better your score. Things like that only add to an already existing idea. However, co-op should be a no-go right now. Online stuff outside of the little things usually sacrifices story and characters. Look at MMOs, terrible stories...

SephirothZ

damn comes off to me like a mean angry guy and that's really unfortunate imo

the only thing that makes me mad in KH is when the gameplay is shitty which happen sometimes, and I think they're working hard to make that happen in KH3 so I'm glad

damn comes off as a guy who likes to pretend he hates what is considered popular by mainstream because it makes him feel unique and rebellious...

I have a feeling KH3 gameplay will be super fast. I think Nomura stated that had to reconfigure some things because Sora was almost invincible in the early production period.

BEASTENDER

@Chaser, I'm so sorry man...If I had never emphasized that small point you made (and I definitely understood what you meant), I'm sure everyone wouldn't have even mentioned/noticed it. It looks like it's making the discussion just a little hostile.

To stay on the intended topic, while I do want my KH experience to be a solo one, I certainly wouldn't mind having a mission like mode to play with friends where you play as multiple characters like in Days. I also want a Mirage Arena like mode again where you can take on exclusive bosses with a friend (or solo). Hopefully that position has something to do with that.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I remember before information about KH2 was released, there was some false info. about how there would be day and night times to all the worlds (and how different Heartless, etc. would appear at different times). I was excited about it when it was released, but it wasn't true. I hope they eventually manage to do something like that with KH3.

Re: the overrated films discussion--I'd much rather a world on Frozen than The Lion King. For a lot of reasons. Btw, if we take into account inflation, neither have outdone One Hundred and One Dalmatians or Snow White.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Not to jump too off topic again, but idk why so many people are upset with frozen being included. I know that Disney is overselling it, but it's not like it'll be the same story as the movie. And I think I saw someone on here say they were fine with Frozen, but not Star Wars or Marvel. I don't understand how you can be for one but not the others.

I must say I do not understand the Frozen-hate either. While Disney may be pushing Frozen on SE, something tells me SE will want to do Frozen no matter what Disney says.

Not only is Frozen extremely popular, but it is a really great movie with a theme that is very close to KH's themes given the heart is so powerful in Frozen. If you don't remind yourself of what it could be (by comparing it to the source material) or how everyone is obsessed with it (overhyping it), it's a movie that fits very well with Kingdom Hearts and is a great movie (just so long as SE doesn't make it a singing world like Atlantica in KH2).

Also, in terms of a world itself, it is unlike any world we've ever visited in KH so it'd fit perfectly in KH's robust lineup of locales. While we have seen snow mountains in Land of Dragons, Frozen is not just snowy mountains. It is her ice castle, it is the rock troll garden, and most importantly, it is the frozen fjord (the frozen lake that the final parts of the movie take place in). Don't tell me fighting a giant ice enemy in the fjord wouldn't just be the cat's meow :)

I definitely agree that KH, while it may not have bad multiplayer (I loved Mirage Arena), is always strongest in its single-player storyline. Allowing someone who needs help to play through the single-play storyline with friends I cannot see going wrong. It would incorporate the best parts of the game (the singleplayer and the story, yes, I just said that) with a major theme which is friendship.

Plus, the idea of me playing as Donald, Goofy, Ariel, etc. is just too much for me NOT to be excited. Not that playing another keyblade wielder is bad, but darnnit if playing as Disney characters isn't more exciting!

Re: the overrated films discussion--I'd much rather a world on Frozen than The Lion King. For a lot of reasons. Btw, if we take into account inflation, neither have outdone One Hundred and One Dalmatians or Snow White.

Pretty much, when adjusting for inflation, Snow White is the 10th highest grossing movie of all time (not just animated films). Also, regardless of how much profit each movie made, it reflects nothing on merchandise sales which also takes into account how popular a movie is (you rarely see Snow White merchandise selling nowadays despite the movie being a top grossing film).

In terms of merchandise sales, you can see Frozen being very popular and the only movie to ever do even better than Frozen in terms of merchandise sales was Little Mermaid back in 1989 which pretty much single-handedly put everyone's faith back into Disney. Even nowadays, the most popular princesses are Frozen, Tangled, and Little Mermaid. Over 25 years later, Ariel is a mainstay princess with significant power. So I guess my little rant just means you don't know who the "crown jewel" of Disney is. Frozen, Little Mermaid, Snow White, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast? They're all freaking amazing, just don't let everyone's love of the movie make you hate it <_< [/offtopic]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back