• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) What happens to Xion after the final battle

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think Xion should come back in another kh game?

• Yes, I thought she was a wonderful person, and i want to see her again

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • No, I hate Xion

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
Wow, my thread has a lot of discussion in it, im liking how smile is defending xion so muich thank you ^^

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
The Memories aren't gone. And she still exists inside Sora. I'm getting tired of repeating that part T^T

Um... yuck, which day was it... Apparently a day you cannot view again. -___-" Day 356, Namine says that she can't save Xion, any part of her. She'll be gone. Her consciousness is naught but Sora's memories, as much as we'd like to believe otherwise. ;-; She's likely completely lost herself by day 359.

The memories, though, are gone. No one at all remembers anything whatsoever about her. She may remember what happened, but, since she's gone and been absorbed into Roxas, I'm under the impression she's gone. She's not an alternate consciousness within Sora, she's an alternate consciousness within Roxas, who is within Sora. :\

As much as I agree I'd like to see her come back, I just don't see any way they can without retconning her complete erasure.

Karutomaru

Banned
Really I just thought "Gee. Xion is gone and everyone will forget her? How utterly convenient for the story." I still don't get exactly how that happened.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Really I just thought "Gee. Xion is gone and everyone will forget her? How utterly convenient for the story." I still don't get exactly how that happened.

Namine explained it to Xion before she made her choice - Xion's entire existence as a person is based around the memories of Sora she received through Roxas. When she died and the memories were returned to Roxas, all of the chains of memory that involved her broke, so no one was able to remember her.

It's kind of like the situation with Namine at the end of Chain of Memories - as long as the memories of Xion are around, Sora's true memories can't be returned.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Think of Xion as a missing chain of Sora's memories. In reality, that's all Xion was in component and basis. Once returned with the rest of the memories, it's just simple memories reconnected again. Kind of funny to think that Naminé was linking "Xion" to different parts of Sora's memories as she fixed it, but that's the truth. Even if Xion does manage to come back, I doubt it'll be the same one we know in terms of voice or appearance. I don't know if the memories at the time when she was alive are still there hidden (so she'll be there, but not really), but as for another sole conscious self, she's completely gone once she faded permanently after Deep Dive and no leftovers were behind.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Namine explained it to Xion before she made her choice - Xion's entire existence as a person is based around the memories of Sora she received through Roxas. When she died and the memories were returned to Roxas, all of the chains of memory that involved her broke, so no one was able to remember her.

It's kind of like the situation with Namine at the end of Chain of Memories - as long as the memories of Xion are around, Sora's true memories can't be returned.

Not really for that last part. It's not that Memories of Xion are around that keeps Sora from recovering. Memories of Xion being around means that Xion herself is around, meaning that she's holding onto Sora's Memories. Once she gives those Memories back, she stops existing as a person, and hence all the Memory chains involving her break apart and she's forgotten. It's her existing that keeps Sora from waking up, not people remembering her. Otherwise Sora never would've woken up, nor recovered his Memories despite CoM, seeing how the Memories are still there - just delinked.

I don't know if the memories at the time when she was alive are still there hidden (so she'll be there, but not really), but as for another sole conscious self, she's completely gone once she faded permanently after Deep Dive and no leftovers were behind.

Actually, she shares with Namine the concept of "Forgotten but not lost". And I believe she's the reason why in the FM+, Sora ended up remembering Namine, as Xion had to her his Memories from Castle Oblivion too. She returned to Roxas, and once Roxas accepted more the fusion with Sora, Sora had access to at least parts of those Memories again through Xion through Roxas.
Also, I started to believe she's actually the Twilight Thorn in Roxas's Destati. So saying she's gone and done for isn't all that accurate. Nomura did say that bringing her back would be difficult - but not impossible. And difficult means more that he can't think of a way to do so now, not that there isn't one period.
God knows what's up with the Chambers of Repose and Awakening, after all, and so long as Memories of Xion remain albeit unchained inside Sora and Riku's Hearts - and who knows maybe inside Lea's if he's to make an appearance as well - it's all still hanging in the air.

Kurix

I didn't really feel anything, because Xion tried and failed at her mission in life, to become a 'Sora'. Roxas fought back and won. End game.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I didn't really feel anything, because Xion tried and failed at her mission in life, to become a 'Sora'. Roxas fought back and won. End game.

...did you even play the game that you write it off that simply? Xion didn't "try" to become Sora, she didn't want to become Sora. Neither did Roxas - both for the want or try part. Neither actually became Sora, either, they both were absorbed into him and are meant to disappear inside him.
As far as "games" go, they both lost, only Xion wanted it to happen because she understood the consequences while Roxas was struggling to the bitter end.

DarkSoldier85

Her consciousness itself is not gone completely, as can be seen by her telepathic messages to Riku during the Deep Dive battle. She was absorbed by Roxas, who was in turn absorbed by Sora. So if Roxas returns, there's a slim chance that she will.

T0ybox

i was kinda disappointed in what she actually was, 'cause i believed in her and i wanted xion to be a real person, even a real Nobody.

ahh well.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Her consciousness itself is not gone completely, as can be seen by her telepathic messages to Riku during the Deep Dive battle. She was absorbed by Roxas, who was in turn absorbed by Sora. So if Roxas returns, there's a slim chance that she will.

There's a chance of that happening regardless of Roxas making a come back, me thinks. Though if he comes back, her coming back or at least making an appearance is even more likely.

i was kinda disappointed in what she actually was, 'cause i believed in her and i wanted xion to be a real person, even a real Nobody.

ahh well.

She was her own person, being unlike anyone else we've met before in the series. That was damn good enough for me.

A

Azrael

She managed to be somewhat controversial but I guess that she earns a B -. An epic final boss. (Why have Riku as a final battle? He was so fucking easy? Xion killed me like ten times_

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Supposedly that's her true form. Xemnas gave her a new body that could react to the devices, hence giving us her many various forms. The goal was to beat Roxas to a pulp and absorb the rest of his powers.
Xion, however, didn't want to hurt Roxas and let Xemnas have his way. So she let Roxas kill her - arguably the plot reason behind how come she's the one absorbed into Roxas and not the other way around.

DarkSoldier85

There's a chance of that happening regardless of Roxas making a come back, me thinks. Though if he comes back, her coming back or at least making an appearance is even more likely.

I just read a Nomura interview last night.

Nomura: I think although many people want Xion to come back once more, I’m afraid to say that it’s difficult.

I think he means that he wants her to return, but can't think of a way to do it yet.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
Well of course he can't.

He'd have to bring back an absorbed nobody (a.k.a. DEAD).

And when you bring back the dead, you reach all sorts of plot-nonsense. Think Dragonball Z.

Maybe he'll be awesome and do it more along the lines of Full-Metal Alchemist. That would be spiffy.

Seriously, though, she's gone, unfortunately, as she was the best female KH character to date. :\

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think he means that he wants her to return, but can't think of a way to do it yet.

That's something along what I was thinking. He didn't say it was impossible - just said he'd have to sit on his bum and work hard to make it work.
And he could've just as easily been bluffing. Xemnas arguably met Aqua in the Chamber of Repose. Put Sora there and who knows, he might be able to have a nice long chat with all the people absorbed into him. Lawl.

Well of course he can't.

He'd have to bring back an absorbed nobody (a.k.a. DEAD).

And when you bring back the dead, you reach all sorts of plot-nonsense. Think Dragonball Z.

That's not quite true. Both Roxas and Xion, and Namine inside Kairi for that matter, aren't supposed to disappear instantly upon being absorbed. Hence why Roxas managed to 'be there' from when he disappeared into Roxas at the start of KH2, through crying in TLTW, to showing up again when they found out Riku was in deep shit and Kairi was kidnapped, and then again when Axel died.
Hence why despite being absorbed, Xion had arguable control over Roxas's actions and managed to call out to Riku.
Hence why Roxas and Namine appeared over Sora and Kairi at the very end of KH2.

Nobodies that are absorbed are actually the Nobodies farthest from truly disappearing in that sense, as it'll take a while for them to vanish as their own personas - if ever at all. They could just become dormant, in which case the question is what will wake them up (Chamber of Awakening?)
And don't get me started on everything possible with the Station where the Destati took place, ok?
Nomura wouldn't really have to work THAT hard to let us see her again.

Lol wait and see Xion's face on the floor in Riku's flashbacked-to Destati in KH3.

Seriously, though, she's gone, unfortunately, as she was the best female KH character to date. :\

Agreed on that last part. As much as I adore Namine and Larxene, Xion just got too much development, attention and developer-love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back