• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~ SoraXKairi FC ~ "One Sky, One Destiny"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Hmm. Such changes. Well, I can take over, probably (though I'm not exactly the big supporter or anything like that). But Organization_42 might want to as well. It depends.

So we can't use the title, and the banner?..

Wait, what was the previous one we had, then?

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
You can use the banner (for now and maybe permanently if Ace, the maker, gives approval) ;D

As for the changes: Blame the BBS Secret Ending. Dumb move on Kairi's part in my opinion. Goes against her other choices and et cetera. =/ I'm still a SoKai fan, but I don't particularly feel I'm capable of owning this FC with the pride it deserves. Sorry.

Well, if you WANT to use the name, go ahead, but it's sort of a franchise I made I guess... XD Then again, what do I know about law and such? Go ahead and use it: you have my approval. ;D

namine_ftw

I'm thinking of giving up ownership of this fanclub. I'll still be a member, but you see, my SoKai love has died immensely as of recent months (ever since the BBS Secret Ending actually) Not to mention, I feel I'm not as "fun" of a owner as most others are.

D:

As for the changes: Blame the BBS Secret Ending. Dumb move on Kairi's part in my opinion. Goes against her other choices and et cetera. =/ I'm still a SoKai fan, but I don't particularly feel I'm capable of owning this FC with the pride it deserves. Sorry.

Nah, no need to apologize. Tastes change, and there's nothing wrong with that. We'll miss having you here, though!

And as far as the secret ending is concerned...

I was annoyed with her staying home too at first, but it's not something I hold against Kairi's character. In a way, yes, it is a regression, but at the same time it's not. Just compare how BBS Kairi acted when she realized that Sora has to go alone on this journey for whatever reason compared to KH1. It showed a remarkable amount of maturity and grace on her part, I thought.

Theart

Awards
LOL Ironically your current opinion on the matter was my initial reaction.

But then I spent time thinking about it all very seriously. This single move really goes against all the things Kairi proclaimed in KH2. It's a major regression, and it's one I really am mad at.

namine_ftw

LOL Ironically your current opinion on the matter was my initial reaction.

But then I spent time thinking about it all very seriously. This single move really goes against all the things Kairi proclaimed in KH2. It's a major regression, and it's one I really am mad at.

I can definitely see where you're coming from, but I'm going to wait until we get more information on the next game to make any final decisions. For all we know, Kairi and Riku could be doing something else important on the island or somewhere else (it's a long shot, I know). The ONLY thing we know so far is that they're not going with Sora. We know absolutely nothing about the circumstances surrounding it. If the only reason turns out that Sora wanted to go on an ego trip or something then yeah, I'd be pissed, but given everything that's been going on in Coded and BBS I doubt it's as simple as that.

NeoEevee

....I have nothing to say at the moment. I've read one of Smile's essays, and I'm kind of Blue Screening right now... *runs off to read fanfiction*

Honestly, I don't think we have enough information to base anything just yet. Maybe Kairi knows this is something Sora's [I]got[/I] to do alone. Maybe she'll decide early in the game that she's sick of waiting and goes after him. Maybe I'm just a delusion fangirl. Maybe this is all some kind of weird dream or we're all in the Matrix. Whee, look at me, now I'm rambling...

Theart

Awards
Again, we don't know anything right now. And that's why I'm not happy right now. If it turns out things forced it to be where Sora had to go alone, and Kairi really didn't have any choice but to stay behind, preferably with Riku, then I'll be back in a happier mood. If not, things stay the same as far as my Kairi fandom goes. =/

And I spent a lot of time thinking on this matter, folks. Since January, actually. XD

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
You can use the banner (for now and maybe permanently if Ace, the maker, gives approval) ;D

Well, if you WANT to use the name, go ahead, but it's sort of a franchise I made I guess... XD Then again, what do I know about law and such? Go ahead and use it: you have my approval. ;D

Ah, okay, thanks ^^. If anything, though, it will depend on who takes over. Shame, we had a good 26 pages, lol xD. As for the BBS Secret Ending, I think I will be repeating what everyone else says about it. I probably won't jump ship even if Kairi doesn't do anything. Because like I said, her character is mostly there for me, and this wouldn't be any different. But I'm not going to jump to conclusions either until we get the final result.

Riku didn't appear to be going as well (there's no doubt Donald and Goofy will take their obvious roles somehow again), so I guess it's some substantial "this is a journey Sora has to take". After all, he [I]is[/I] the Chosen One. In other words, it's Nomura's excuse so they can keep the SDG trio. Yet, I really doubt Kairi and Riku will stay behind all throughout the game. It's impossible with the connections they now established.

Theart

Awards
I'm still a SoKai shipper, it's just not a pairing that I'm really into.

But it looks like you guys all want me to stay leading this. I might decide to just continue owning the FC, but I doubt I'll be very active here. XDDD

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
There was a debate? Either way, now with a return from a certain someone, have we got a confirmation if Virgil is staying? :3

Theart

Awards
There was a debate? Either way, now with a return from a certain someone, have we got a confirmation if Virgil is staying? :3

It was between me and Allister in a VM convo we had.

I said from the get-go I would stay, the only question there was if I was going to remain leading the SoKai FC, which I am.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I'm still a SoKai shipper, it's just not a pairing that I'm really into.

But it looks like you guys all want me to stay leading this. I might decide to just continue owning the FC, but I doubt I'll be very active here. XDDD

You know Virgil, I can actually understand how you feel.

See, not too long ago, maybe about two years or so, SoKai was my OTP. If you challenged it, you would need to prepare yourself or face my Utimate Wrath. Okay, maybe not my Ultimate Wrath, but still, I loved that pairing from the second I watched Sora carving a paopu fruit in the drawing that he'd made with Kairi as a kid. And nobody and nothing was going to change my mind about THAT.

And then I decided that I liked Demyx/Kairi and eventually it became my new OTP. I'm still not 100% sure how that happened. Bottom line is, while I definitely still like SoKai and get all warm and fuzzy while watching scenes of them together in KH1, it's not my favorite Kairi pairing anymore or even my favorite Sora pairing. It's just a pairing that I really, really like. But if I had to choose who I wanted Kairi to start dating...well, Demyx wins. I know, it's weird. Wait a second, if your loyalties towards Kairi loving Sora are shifting, I'm smelling a business opportunity here...CONVERSION TIME! *rubs hands together in a very Dr. Facilier-like way*...ahem.

My point is, I don't think you should worry about leaving the SoKai FC just because it's not your favorite pairing anymore. You're a great leader, and without you we wouldn't have this place to talk about SoKai anyway!

Theart

Awards
You know Virgil, I can actually understand how you feel.

See, not too long ago, maybe about two years or so, SoKai was my OTP. If you challenged it, you would need to prepare yourself or face my Utimate Wrath. Okay, maybe not my Ultimate Wrath, but still, I loved that pairing from the second I watched Sora carving a paopu fruit in the drawing that he'd made with Kairi as a kid. And nobody and nothing was going to change my mind about THAT.

And then I decided that I liked Demyx/Kairi and eventually it became my new OTP. I'm still not 100% sure how that happened. Bottom line is, while I definitely still like SoKai and get all warm and fuzzy while watching scenes of them together in KH1, it's not my favorite Kairi pairing anymore or even my favorite Sora pairing. It's just a pairing that I really, really like. But if I had to choose who I wanted Kairi to start dating...well, Demyx wins. I know, it's weird. Wait a second, if your loyalties towards Kairi loving Sora are shifting, I'm smelling a business opportunity here...CONVERSION TIME! *rubs hands together in a very Dr. Facilier-like way*...ahem.

My point is, I don't think you should worry about leaving the SoKai FC just because it's not your favorite pairing anymore. You're a great leader, and without you we wouldn't have this place to talk about SoKai anyway!

That settles it. I'll remain leader. ;D

To be honest Org, my loyalties that are shifting are more on whether or Sora loves Kairi. XD I find it rather hard to see Kairi with anyone else besides Sora, unless it's like a crack pairing of sorts, such as Demyx/Kairi. XD

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
YAY!

We'll have to work on that. ;) I'd go into a full discussion about Kairi liking other people, but that would be wrong to do in the SoKai FC.

I would say, if you're having issues with who Sora loves, think about A) the paopu drawing, B) how he reacted to seeing her again in Neverland; he looked so worried when he reached out his hand, and then his whole face just lit up when she twitched her finger, C) how he was prepared to fight for her in Hollow Bastion with nothing but his toy sword, D) how on Destiny Islands it was all, "Where's Kairi? Where's Kairi? Riku, we've got to find Kairi! What's this nonsense about darkness and the door opening; we've gotta find Kairi!, E) how he got down on his knees and begged Saix just to take him to her. Not "Let her go!" Just "Take me to her!" He didn't even care about his own safety; he just wanted to see her again.

F) Blushing when he saw Elizabeth glomp Will, which interestingly enough, closely resembled how Kairi glomped Sora when she saw him again, G) Daydreaming about Kairi in Halloween Town, H) Telling Donald and Goofy how hard it had always been to think of what to get Kairi for Christmas, I) that grin on his face when he saw that Kairi had carved a paopu with him too, annnnnd...

You said it yourself. At the end of BBS, he said a few words to Riku, but as soon as Kairi entered, he went straight over to her to make sure that she was okay with him leaving. And he made sure that [I]she[/I] knew why he had to go away from her again.

Theart

Awards
Yeah, but to be honest, that same scene ended up killing my appreciation for Kairi. :C Now I feel like everything she preached in KH2 was all for nothing and too drastic.

And as for Sora and all that. It's romantic, sure, but it feels forced now when I look at it. I found myself appreciating SoNami much more and even AquRa too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back