• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's face.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What do you think the future hold regarding Sora's appearace?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_ghost

It's been about a month or so since BBS hit US, so there really isn't need for spoiler tags, but I will because some people are lame or poor and I can't penalize someone for being poor. As we all know, Sora has
Spoiler Spoiler Show
. Big shocker, called this in 07.

However, recent interviews with Nomura say that this happen before/after Sora was born. Well, the intent was that it was before, but Nomura thinks Americans are stupid, so it may be after. Still not sure because the original intent may be there.

Anyway. Here's the hard truth:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
affected Sora's appearance, which in turn affected Roxas' appearance. It's canonical that Ven, Roxas, Sora and
Spoiler Spoiler Show
all look alike. And I mean just alike. EXACTLY alike.

My point is this, once Sora has to return
Spoiler Spoiler Show
, will he look as if he's supposed to or will he look the same? Truth be told, I don't think that they will want to use a separate character model for a character who is canonically looking one way. This will change everyone's perception of Sora. Even though I believe the statement I made is true, it does call into question of what Sora really looks like.

Will we ever know?

jdeib963

This made my day hahahaha hilarious! Anyways, you got me thinking about what Nomura said about a "new character" and if Sora does change his appearance after he returns um....that thing...then doesnt that maybe make him the new character? Reaching I know but whatever haha. Regardless, i feel sora wont change his appearance though, i feel it will stay the same.

If you've played BBS, then you know that Ven's heart has nothing to do with Sora's appearance. There are several cut scenes where kid Sora is shown, and he bares great resemblance to his older self.

Not only that but if hearts had an affect on one's appearance, then when Sora had Kairi's heart (Kingdom Hearts 1) he would have looked like a bitch.

So your poll has no right answer.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
If you've played BBS, then you know that Ven's heart has nothing to do with Sora's appearance. There are several cut scenes where kid Sora is shown, and he bares great resemblance to his older self.

Not only that but if hearts had an affect on one's appearance, then when Sora had Kairi's heart (Kingdom Hearts 1) he would have looked like a bitch.

Except the whole heart-sharing thing is the canonical explanation for similar and changed appearances between characters. Of course you're right about the whole Sora/Kairi bidnis, but it's pretty indisputable nonetheless.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Sora will continue to resemble [not look exactly alike, which they don't] Ven. Ven affected Sora's growth from his Date of Birth. It's not like when they unconnected it will erase all that had happened.

Sora just loses his 2nd Keyblade, and Ven wakes up. End of Story.

Except the whole heart-sharing thing is the canonical explanation for similar and changed appearances between characters. Of course you're right about the whole Sora/Kairi bidnis, but it's pretty indisputable nonetheless.

Maybe between characters like Roxas and Ven.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Maybe between characters like Roxas and Ven.
And Riku/Ansem SoD and Terra/Xehanort and, yes, Sora/Ven/Vanitas (Vanitas didn't have Sora's face until the connection between he and Ven was established). That said, I don't think it would be impossible for Ven to have influenced Sora somehow. In fact, given their canonical resemblance, I would say it might be pretty odd if that wasn't the case.

Last edited:

roxasdark_13

I dont think it can directly affect his resemblence but more the resemblence of his heart. hence why roxas and vanitas look just like ven. also why all of the nobody's look like that could be more or less the cause of the content of their heart. just a thought

In all reality, any resemblance that two characters might bare is nothing but the KH team being too lazy to create a new character model. The connection that the character's have is nothing but an excuse.

Though I have to hand it to Nomura, it works.

Box_ghost

If you've played BBS, then you know that Ven's heart has nothing to do with Sora's appearance.

Says who? Because there's no reason why people who are unconnected should look alike. Because it's confirmed that they look alike.

There are several cut scenes where kid Sora is shown, and he bares great resemblance to his older self.

And Aqua says he's the spitting image of Ven. Also, your quote is after Sora and Ven connect hearts the first time.

Nomura hadn't thought of it at that time. We know this is true because it has done so since KH2. Riku turned into XH's Heartless because of the heart lingering.

Terra_becoming_xehanort.png

Kindly STFU plzkthnx

I dont think it can directly affect his resemblence but more the resemblence of his heart.

The heart is directly responsible for physical appearance.

hence why roxas and vanitas look just like ven. also why all of the nobody's look like that could be more or less the cause of the content of their heart. just a thought

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I don't think Sora'd look like anyone else. It's true that his face is most likely the way it is because of Ven, seeing how their Hearts connected before Sora was even born into the Realm of Light. Not only are their Hearts linked because Sora basically patched up Ven's with his own Heart, but he also got to see Ven's face, which could've influenced how the young Heart saw itself when it finally had a vessel.
Even if they get separated though, I doubt it'll change, because even if Ven'll be gone, I think that after 15-16 years of seeing the same face in the mirror, that Sora's own Sense of Self is pretty much set in stone. That's how he perceives himself NOW, regardless of what caused his appearances to be the way they are to begin with.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
I think the fact ttaht when Roxas was introduced in kh2 and he got a slight change in appearance may have been a hint. I do not think a year sleeping in a pod turns your hair from brown to light brown...and I doubt that was an error or anything because all game flashbacks show his darker hair.

blackberi

I think the fact ttaht when Roxas was introduced in kh2 and he got a slight change in appearance may have been a hint. I do not think a year sleeping in a pod turns your hair from brown to light brown...and I doubt that was an error or anything because all game flashbacks show his darker hair.
His hair colour is the same in KH2 and Re:COM. Oh, and Re:Coded too. Nomura was probably bored and wanted a change. Who knows though? Watch some crazy sh*t happen in the future concerning this. xD

I lol'd hard. c:
But yes, a good point is made. Then again, Nomura always has exceptions for everything. Everything u-u

Anyway, I think he'll look the same. I agree with Smile, seeing yourself for 15-16 years in one way, plus Sora having a good and confident sense of self anyway, I think he'll look the same.

Captain Garlock

His hair colour is the same in KH2 and Re:COM. Oh, and Re:Coded too. Nomura was probably bored and wanted a change. Who knows though? Watch some crazy sh*t happen in the future concerning this. xD
No it wasnt.

kingdom-hearts-re-chain-of-memories-20081014045526840.jpg

king_hearts_re_coded_scan.jpg

kh2fm_wp_01_1280x1024.jpg

See only after Rozas was introduced and Ven since they were int he same game did his hair change colors.
The first to are recom and recoded those show his dark hair.

Captain Garlock

The other pic does not show.
It has a screen of KH recoded Sora.
I only used that as another comparison.
recoded01.jpg

58196.jpg

Riku would be deemed platium blonde in some sense anyways but ok there you go your comparsion.
*facepalm*
Its the lighting on Riku which anyone can tell.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
:\ I personally find it hard to compare things from different platforms, specifically one with pretty good graphics like the PS2 vs the objectively inferior DS. A better comparisson would be the Re:CoM caption to the KH2 caption but I'd sooner blame it on color schemes and the technology inside the console itself that changed rather than anything with meaning behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back