• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's age, clothes, looks, etc. KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowrelm 150

In a world of shadows... AKA Surrey, England
Re: Sora's age, clothes, looks, ect. KH3D

So what does that mean then? "resetting Sora's power"?

I think they're referring to how, at the start of every game, you're level one with no items yet, despite having gotten experience from the last game.

^ This is what is meant by "resetting of Sora's power". Everygame we've had (that had Sora as the player character) has had him at level 1.

KH1 - He had no real combat experience bar from sparing with Riku, therefore he starts at Level 1.
KH: CoM - When he steped foot in Castle Oblivion, he forgot all of his abilities apart from Dogde Roll. This was the excuse for starting at level 1 in this game.
KH2 - The reason he starts at Level 1 in this game is beacuse he was sleeping and forgot most of his abilities learned in CoM (due to Namine). However, he gains Roxas's abilities he joins together with him (I can't remember if he got his level aswell.)
Re: Coded - We played as Data Sora, so it's clear why he was level 1.
KH: DDD - The reason as I explained in my first post.

These are all story reasons as to why Sora starts at level 1 in the games (Normura resetting his power). Quite interesting how he makes these reasons story elements in the games. Much better than having Sora randomly start of at level 1. Wonder what his excuse will be for KH3...

JustSnilloc

^ This is what is meant by "resetting of Sora's power". Everygame we've had (that had Sora as the player character) has had him at level 1.

KH1 - He had no real combat experience bar from sparing with Riku, therefore he starts at Level 1.
KH: CoM - When he steped foot in Castle Oblivion, he forgot all of his abilities apart from Dogde Roll. This was the excuse for starting at level 1 in this game.
KH2 - The reason he starts at Level 1 in this game is beacuse he was sleeping and forgot most of his abilities learned in CoM (due to Namine). However, he gains Roxas's abilities he joins together with him (I can't remember if he got his level aswell.)

These are all story reasons as to why Sora starts at level 1 in the games (Normura resetting his power). Quite interesting how he makes these reasons story elements in the games. Much better than having Sora randomly start of at level 1. Wonder what his excuse will be for KH3...

Ever play DBZ LoG Buu's Fury? that was a game that was a good example of why you don't have to start at level 1

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Interviewer: "So, Mr. Nomura, Dream Drop Distance was such a hit, but the shocking ending, that was unexpected, who would have thought that Sora would lose his powers from prolonged exposure to the Realm of Sleep?"

Nomura: *laughs*

Ventusblade_

What I don't understand is why Sora is in his original KH1 outfit in the part of the long JF trailer when he begins to "Drop" in that minigame segment.

Because that's when he enters the RoS for the first time and reaches Traverse Town.

How?
I thought it was beacuse Yen Sid tells the boys that they must learn how to weild/use the Keyblade properly. So, with this, the boys go in to the RoS and they appear younger in order to "start again". This is Normura's way of resetting Sora's power each game, no biggie.

There's the explanation.

Shadowrelm 150

In a world of shadows... AKA Surrey, England

Interviewer: "So, Mr. Nomura, Dream Drop Distance was such a hit, but the shocking ending, that was unexpected, who would have thought that Sora would lose his powers from prolonged exposure to the Realm of Sleep?"

Nomura: *laughs*

Pretty much.

It's not a excuse. All games start you off at the begining.

From what we've seen, Normura likes to impletemt story as to why we have to start again at Level 1. And not all games. The Assassin's Creed games (starting from Brotherhood) have you start of with many of the equipment from the previous game. There is most likely more but to much research is needed.

but...what? Aren't they older in KH II? I am so confused *V*

They are, but the influence of the Realm of Sleep seems to alter the boy's appearence to the time when Sora was 14 and when Riku was 15.

KeybladeStriker

Awards

Famitsu: So, can we expect a more mature looking Sora in Kingdom Hearts III?
Nomura: No, the shocking ending for DDD explains that Sora will be stuck in his young form for nearly all of III *laughs*
WHAT!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOO I don't want that to be!!!!! Ugh that is so annoying. Not happy. I want to cry :frown:

Okay, I totally understand this now! Thank you so much! I never put two and two together! I just yelled profanities cause I did not know that :)
I wonder what Nomura's purpose of that is...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

but...what? Aren't they older in KH II? I am so confused *V*

WHAT!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOO I don't want that to be!!!!! Ugh that is so annoying. Not happy. I want to cry :frown:
tumblr_lx8us7DYID1r4r91x.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back