• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's age, clothes, looks, etc. KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeybladeStriker

Awards
One thing that I do not understand, if anyone could help me, is I noticed in DDD, that Sora is younger and has different clothes on. Does anyone know why that is? Riku does not look any different. I know he is in a realm of sleep but, that doesn't explain why he looks younger. It's just confusing because it is supposed to take place after KHII and Re: coded.
Any Thoughts?

Shadowrelm 150

In a world of shadows... AKA Surrey, England
Re: Sora's age, clothes, looks, ect. KH3D

I thought it was beacuse Yen Sid tells the boys that they must learn how to weild/use the Keyblade properly. So, with this, the boys go in to the RoS and they appear younger in order to "start again". This is Normura's way of resetting Sora's power each game, no biggie.

Ronove

Don't worry, it won't be permanent. I think Nomura said they won't be kids for the entire game.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Don't worry, it won't be permanent. I think Nomura said they won't be kids for the entire game.

Exactly. I think they are only younger in the RoS. I doubt the RoS serves as a time machine lol that can give anyone infinite life xP

axel95

Awards

Exactly. I think they are only younger in the RoS. I doubt the RoS serves as a time machine lol that can give anyone infinite life xP
There's already enough ways for people to die and come back, we sure don't need another one.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

No, they are younger during the Mark of Mastery. They stay within the Realm of Sleep for the entirety of the game, but the Mark of Mastery is only for the begining.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY

Yup, for the MoM exam (though Riku probably cut his hair for other reasons @.@)
They stay within the Realm of Sleep for the entirety of the game
When was that confirmed?

inverse K-blade7

What I don't understand is why Sora is in his original KH1 outfit in the part of the long JF trailer when he begins to "Drop" in that minigame segment.

Love Machine

strut strut strut

The Mark of Mastery Exam was said to only be part of the game, and the RoS is connected with their exam. I doubt it was confirmed.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

When was that confirmed?

I read that the Mark of Mastery was in the begining, but they still had to rescue all of the worlds from sleep. You'd think a whole realm would take up an entire game.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

When was that confirmed?

It's not confirmed, but it's obvious. No way are they going to make that sort of transition. It'd be too awkward gameplay-wise. Of course, there could be parts where they leave the RoS, then decide to go back in (just, with no gameplay during that).

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY

It's not confirmed, but it's obvious. No way are they going to make that sort of transition. It'd be too awkward gameplay-wise. Of course, there could be parts where they leave the RoS, then decide to go back in (just, with no gameplay during that).
Yeah, but that doesn't mean
They stay within the Realm of Sleep for the entirety of the game
That's what I was asking for confirmation, not the gameplay aspect.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

It wasn't although we don't know yet if we will be playing as Sora/Riku for the entire game either...

Nomura said that the game would focus on Sora and Riku, but I could think of some minor segments with Apprentice Xehanort being at the wheel, with Assassin's Creed-esque interactable cutscenes.

Awards

So what does that mean then? "resetting Sora's power"?
I think they're referring to how, at the start of every game, you're level one with no items yet, despite having gotten experience from the last game. It's a way to explain being back at level one, I guess. I thought it was just a change in design...

blueheart

Bronze Member

I think it's an excuse for Sora to be 14 again, or look it.

But this is probably the last time we're going to see him, as KH1 Sora.

Canon wise, yeah, resetting power and such.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

But this is probably the last time we're going to see him, as KH1 Sora.
Famitsu: So, can we expect a more mature looking Sora in Kingdom Hearts III?
Nomura: No, the shocking ending for DDD explains that Sora will be stuck in his young form for nearly all of III *laughs*

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Famitsu: So, can we expect a more mature looking Sora in Kingdom Hearts III?
Nomura: No, the shocking ending for DDD explains that Sora will be stuck in his young form for nearly all of III *laughs*

but...what? Aren't they older in KH II? I am so confused *V*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back