• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora Vs. Roxas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sora Vs. Roxas as a main character?

• Sora

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • Roxas

Votes: 51 37.5%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Both.

Votes: 40 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterLukeS

Going by the previous posts, I think what they mean to say is Roxas's story is more personal, that is, they feel as if they went inside his head through the diaries. Sora's journey was to save the world, Roxas's is more on the quest for his identity, friendship and betrayal. Maybe they related to Roxas's better because it is more personal and close to our lives, even if it is fantasized through replicas and such. Not all of us can relate to Sora's eternal quest to help people without complaining, since there are so few of such people in real life.

I agree with this. I'm not comparing KH2 between Days. I'm just comparing the characters as a whole, throughout all the games. I did point out that Days definitely reaffirmed my preference to Roxas as a main character. To compare them would be idiotic :dizzy:

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sora did just that, dest XD KH1 was him bottling it all up, CoM was him letting loose, and KH2 was a mixture of both. Starting out energetic, bottling it up as he went along, mental breakdown in HB, and starting all over again.

K

kingdomfighter5

HELLZ YEAH. TAKE THAT EMO SHIT TO FF, THIS IS KINGDOM HEARTS BITCH!

Dude for that I love you so much :D. Kingdom Hearts is known for it's childish attitude and that leads to the fact that the romance within the game are so subtle that one can assume they are not even there.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Dude for that I love you so much :D. Kingdom Hearts is known for it's childish attitude and that leads to the fact that the romance within the game are so subtle that one can assume they are not even there.

*bursts laughing*
No no. No. Just because SoKai is about the most ridiculously written, forced, baseless couple ever doesn't mean the romance is subtle. Hell, if they'd have subtle-d SoKai it probably would've worked better.
And Sora going "You were more than a friend in my false Memories" about Namine isn't subtle either.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Sora did just that, dest XD KH1 was him bottling it all up, CoM was him letting loose, and KH2 was a mixture of both. Starting out energetic, bottling it up as he went along, mental breakdown in HB, and starting all over again.

Exactly! That's why it's unfair for people to say his personality is unrealistic. He acts the way a real life optimist would act.

*coughSoraKairifantasiesinKH2cough*

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Roxas is hardly a hero. He was tragic alright but there was all but nothing heroic in him. He couldn't even properly be there for his friends and was rather petty and dare I say vindictive. I fail to see why Sora needs to have it held against him the fact that he had an all but perfect childhood that shaped his present day self, leaving him hopeful, generally cheerful, and compassionate.

Two Become One

It seems a little easier to identify with Roxas (well, not entirely, all things considering :tongue:) because he's more of a real-world kid than the much more fanciful Sora. Still, they're both really cool, so it's difficult to decide between the two. In fact, I especially enjoy the scenes in Days and KH2 in which they channel each other's personalities, reminding us that they are indeed one person.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sora's as much a real world kid as Roxas is. It all depends on how one would grow up.
And it's not so much "channeling" each other's personalities as becoming that other person :\ Roxas with Sora's Memories flowing in, and Sora with Roxas being alive and rather existent inside him.
Hell, them having differences in personalities that lets you realize they're acting like the other means they're not quite one and the same XD

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I find Roxas more identifiable--and also more irritating. It's weird. I was fine with him the majority of Days, but towards the end...ugh. I could see why he was upset at some points, but he could have tried to work things out instead of just storming off half the time.

And, I'm sorry, but Roxas' angry face sprite is UGLY. DD:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I was fine with him the majority of Days, but towards the end...ugh. I could see why he was upset at some points, but he could have tried to work things out instead of just storming off half the time.

My views on the matter exactly.

Xion: *pulls Keyblade at Roxas*
Axel: *protects Roxas*
Roxas: YOU JERK, AXEL! >_<
Axel & Xion: o_oa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back