• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So who else is just soaking it in?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
so after completing Hundred Acre Wood, pooh's just standing there in hsi house.

You don't have to lead him to Roo during the hide and seek game, nor Rabbit.

Add to that squall telling me about the lost puppies and me attacking the queen if hearts during the card battle. Plus other things like the music box in Ariel's Grotto.

My primary gummi ship is called Thunderbird(or rather Thunderbrd) and is basically just a sylph that I upgrade and modify constantly based on missions.
I tried it again and I won. It was going well then this happen http://i.imgur.com/HAXqkP1.jpg and hard reset my PS3 which sucks.

I finally decided to do it again and won again and this team I just decide to skip the cut scene and it was fine. Still angered me.
So it froze? Sucks, man

Last edited:

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I discovered after 10 years that you can attack the Queen of Hearts in the card/tower battle in Wonderland.
You can knock her over and her dress goes over and you can see her heart printed knickers xD

I knew this a long time ago because of the strategy guide. :wink: And did you notice that attacking her causes the red cards to be distracted and try to help her so you only have to fend off the black cards?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Can't believe it took me this long to notice, but Sora and Riku in full face mode have teeth instead of just white slabs in their mouths.

Also, the model switch between Riku and Dark Riku is more obvious.

I knew this a long time ago because of the strategy guide. And did you notice that attacking her causes the red cards to be distracted and try to help her so you only have to fend off the black cards?
I had the guide all this time and never noticed

Laluune

All the memories are flooding back! Currently in Agrabah attacking the Scorpion Pot (I'm not doing any damage to it from what I can tell, I can't figure out how to flip it >.>) ah well, plenty of time to return later :)

I realised my more mature self has no patience when one can't figure something out, and resorts to walkthroughs, heh. I still prefer to find chests for myself though, can't take out all the fun.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
All the memories are flooding back! Currently in Agrabah attacking the Scorpion Pot (I'm not doing any damage to it from what I can tell, I can't figure out how to flip it >.>) ah well, plenty of time to return later :)
When it rushes at you, guard the hit. The timing's real tight though. Aero also works apparently.

The Final Mix Heartless are practically mini-bosses. D:

Dandelion

baroque bitch
Awards
I'm very pleased to say that I beat Final Mix without a single glitch, and I'm incredibly relieved. I've moved on to Re:CoM and I dunno, it just kind of deflated the joy of me beating Final Mix. I love Re:CoM but the port of it here is so mediocre in juxtaposition to Final Mix I'm just like "wamp, wamp"

Yessir_23

Awards
What makes you say that? It seems OK to me, although the lip syncing is off (and you have that annoying background face blur -_-)

Dandelion

baroque bitch
Awards
I just got used to Final Mix's updated models, nicer font, ORCHESTRATED SOUNDTRACK, etc, etc. I'm just spoiled. Re:CoM just in comparison was already kind of low-end in the series in the first place. It being an add on, and then as an independent game in the US it was just...not the most shining star of the series.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I've played KH1 so many times, it was almost jarring to fight maleficent and not have framerate issues during the meteor attack.

For RE:Chain I always just ignored the lip sync.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Ugh, I'm with those who can't ignore the lip synch problems. It irks me that sometimes they had to awkwardly pause mid-sentence to match the lip flaps ("It's a little late - for the witch to grow a conscience."), giving rise to an unnatural feel of the flow of conversation. Days has this problem as well, but I think I was too busy enjoying Jesse McCartney and Alyson Stoner's wonderful performance.

Last night my flatmate joined me just in time to watch my final battle with Marluxia. When it was over and conversation between Sora, Repliku, and Namine came about, I could only scream in my head, "Oh no, please don't notice the wonderful lip synching. Please don't." I think he did.

Anyway, to me, the audio appeals more than the visuals. Indeed the graphics were gorgeous, but the music, especially the little added details, is what took the cake for me. In that theme that plays when playing with Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie on DI for example, the guitar that plays in the background was totally brilliant.

Gosh, I can't wait for 2.5 already. Above all else, I want to hear the real-instrument rendition of The Other Promise. Playing as TAV in HD is a very close second.

Yessir_23

Awards
I think tailoring the voices to lip movements in the Days movie bugs me more.
Axel: I trust that the order
came from Xemnas himself?
:confused:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
KHFM, on the other hand, is lip-synched somewhat well. I loved seeing the lip movements match closely with the words being spoken. Was it that good in PS2 KH as well? I can't remember.

Another funny thing is that there's one more jarring contrast between KHFM and Re:CoM...

Sora's voice.

The chase for Pluto in the meadows had to take so much time that Sora had unknowingly hit puberty in the process.

Dandelion

baroque bitch
Awards
KHFM, on the other hand, is lip-synched somewhat well. I loved seeing the lip movements match closely with the words being spoken. Was it that good in PS2 KH as well? I can't remember.

Yeah! In the original Kingdom Hearts they altered the mouth animation to suit the translations. They did this in KH1, KH2, BBS, and 3D. All other games use the dubbing technique where they make the american voice actors and translations suit the original Japanese mouth animations and you can really tell in Re:CoM where it is hammy to the extreme with all the Japanese inflections and pauses. They got better at it with Re:coded and Days, but it's still not super smooth.

Wolf's Rain

Website
s3.invisionfree.com
I can't believe how nostalgic it feels to play this game again after so many years. GOD I miss the good old days. Either way, I've been playing this game non stop ever since I got it 2 weeks ago :D

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Also, it's with this version of Re:CoM that I did notice that Sora's eyelashes are freaking... what to say... for a lack of a better descriptor, beautiful. They are so long, almost to the point that they make him look as though he had a girl's eyes.

I never really paid attention in the PS2 Re:CoM for some reason, although perhaps it was because I made a conscious effort to savour the crispness of the graphics in ReMIX in its entirety. Then I noticed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back