• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So in japan kingdom hearts 2 is the most popular game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
One last thing when you played through KH:COM you already understood Castle Oblivion's purpose in that game. Also @ Blank_points once again you say KH2 didn't rely heavily on disney you're mistaken going through the worlds you could see it.

To be honest, Castle Oblivion didn't really have a purpose per say. Yes the Organization used it to manipulate Sora's memory by using Namine, but its existence (and why Sora was drawn to it in the first place) was never really explained.

While KH II still relies on Disney (the series wouldn't be Kingdom Hearts without Disney),compare the amount of original characters in KH I to the original characters in KH II. The story in KH I was essentially centered Disney, while KH II focused more on the exploits of said original characters (ie Nobodies). This can be seen through the poor execution of the Disney worlds in KH II.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
He was drawn to Castle Oblivion because he thought both Riku and King Mickey were there and also because of the opening CG scene on GBA version it was also on the PS2, but just using that one instead. There was a purpose for Sora and Co. to be at Castle Oblivion.

As for the KH1 vs. KH2 Disney centered thing.

To be frank the story really wasn't centered around Disney it just so happens that Disney Worlds were there in it. They made the worlds seem original as in they didn't follow the movies at all. Where as KH2 on the other hand that one relied on Disney because every world tried to follow the movie to their exact points.

For instance Agrabah followed Return of Jafar or Lion King Followed the first movie you could sense it by the way the cutscenes went.

The thing about the original characters to me is kind of overblown cause half the characters in there were useless I mean Roxas was there, but after the 7 or 6 days I forgot he's not even there anymore they mention his name maybe twice if at all. Even with Hayner Pence and Olette after you leave Twilight Town it's like they don't exist for some time until you come back that second visit and then again nothing.

In KH1 they at least let you know what's going on every once in a while with Riku and Kiari cause Sora would have flashbacks about both, or he'd actually see them and what not.

siegleeagle

You know all of this arguing is really starting to make me mad. No one can except that others have opinions and all it does is make my time here negative. People don't like things about the series DEAL WITH IT! People love everything about the series DEAL WITH THAT! Every single thread I go into almost comes to an argument about how crappy the series is or something.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Why you mad with us I think it's been said many times around here the people that are complaining just want the series to go in a better direction and be executed better then what it currently is.

Come on Sora is 15 this guy could be farther along instead of acting so childish even Tidus in FFX is a better character overall then Sora and he was a crybaby most of that game.

Another thing to note is most of the people complaining here probably use to be the biggest KH fans on here and couldn't wait for KH2. I was one of them, but I won't continue as that has probably been said a million times.

Able_Beard

Banned
Why you mad with us I think it's been said many times around here the people that are complaining just want the series to go in a better direction and be executed better then what it currently is.

Come on Sora is 15 this guy could be farther along instead of acting so childish even Tidus in FFX is a better character overall then Sora and he was a crybaby most of that game.

Another thing to note is most of the people complaining here probably use to be the biggest KH fans on here and couldn't wait for KH2. I was one of them, but I won't continue as that has probably been said a million times.
Wait was Sora really that big of a deal with the development? I mean..Cloud acts the same, just with a different characteristic..Nomura's not good with character development..isn't that obvious..

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

I'm turning 20 and I still act like a five year old :/. What does that have to do with anything? People THAT happy/childish really aren't really childish.

Honestly, I'm done here. I never really meant to argue to begin with.

siegleeagle

I know people want it to go in a better direction and I have a few things I wish that they would have done differently and Im the guy who loves Kingdom Hearts and all of its games without hate. I just get tired of all of the negativity. Im even tired of the people who still love Kingdom Hearts as much as I do because all I see is conflict after conflict here.

No matter how much I love Kingdom Hearts, and trust me I do because its my favorite game series, I dont see the point of just being plain unhappy and negative. Even if something irks me I try to get over it as soon as possible because I dont like to feel negative emotions. Video games are a huge part of my life but they are still not worth getting upset over regardless of how much I love them.

I know this is completely random but, lol I just remembered the time I walked from my house to gamestop in the snow to get Recoded on its release day. Im retarded :)

Z3N

I keep finding myself in The World That Never Was.
I know people want it to go in a better direction and I have a few things I wish that they would have done differently and Im the guy who loves Kingdom Hearts and all of its games without hate. I just get tired of all of the negativity. Im even tired of the people who still love Kingdom Hearts as much as I do because all I see is conflict after conflict here.

No matter how much I love Kingdom Hearts, and trust me I do because its my favorite game series, I dont see the point of just being plain unhappy and negative. Even if something irks me I try to get over it as soon as possible because I dont like to feel negative emotions. Video games are a huge part of my life but they are still not worth getting upset over regardless of how much I love them.

I know this is completely random but, lol I just remembered the time I walked from my house to gamestop in the snow to get Recoded on its release day. Im retarded :)

^ = <3

You... I love you. :D
Why do you think I hardly post on here? Or hardly log on. I'm only hanging around for juicy news.

I love Kingdom Hearts. That has yet to change for me.
Every game. I have every game so far (excluding final mixes, and even those I look up the new content via youtube), and I'll keep playing for a long time to come.
And don't start dissing Japan for their preference in the games. That's incredibly immature and uncalled for.
-_-

This series isn't nearly as bad as a lot of the fanbase claims it is.
I've seen worse.
I've read crappier books than what the KH plotline is.

And it's easy to understand the story/plot. All you need to do? Think outside the box.
And of course there could be changes here and there. Nothing is PERFECT.
I'm going into this crazy industry! And I know the projects I'll be part of won't be perfect.
No game is actually perfect. No book is actually perfect. No movie is actually perfect. And don't get me started on television.

And guess what? It is Nomura's project, and his story. And SE's letting him go on. It's one of their biggest sources of money right now. He's not about to get the boot.
So either deal with it or stop playing if you're that unhappy. -_- This unnecessary hate and spite and bad-mouthing is really ticking me off whenever I pop on here, and I'm not the only one.

Now onto my preferences just out of spite.

KH1: Love it. The nostalgia factor is a huge plus, and the adorable fairytale quality just ups it. The gameplay is total crap. My nostalgic go-to game.
CoM/Re:CoM: Story is good. But the cards? I hate it. I hate playing it for that. My choice for a migrane-game.
Days: It's cute in itself for the friendship, and it has some of the best dialogue in the series. Xion's a bit annoying, but whatev- I don't focus on it. Gameplay's okay. My go-to game when I've got nothing else to do.
KH2: Love it. This game came out at a time when I needed something to make me smile again. I love the confusion throughout (gave me a thinking challenge, you could say), and a lot of the game itself was good. I just neglect how...umm...awkward the dialogue is. ^^; I found the gameplay fun, even if it was easy. It's cute and ends on a positive note. It's my pick-me-up when I'm feeling down.
BBS: Not my favorite, but there are key parts. The friendship factor is sweet. The dialogue and voicing was awkward, I thought anyway- but I didn't let it get to me. The gameplay way too easy, but interesting, and I could stock a crap-load of curagas. XD Hate the minigames. When I'm in the mood for something a little different I'll play it. Plus the secret ending made me all teary-eyed. It was just...wow. <3 Vanitas and that ending are like...my main reasons for this game. <3
Re:Coded: The gameplay would be the best of the series if it were on PSP or some other PlayStation console. Seriously. I loved it. Challenging but creative and inventive! The story was adorable, and the many friendship-y moments between Sora and Riku made me squeal. When I'm up for a heavy challenge and endearing friendship moments I go for this game. :)

Now, if you don't like that I'm not agreeing with you on how terrible Kingdom Hearts, the series, is...
Know what?
Bite. Me.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even you, and even me.
I love the series as a whole, and find positive parts in every game, and I don't let the fallbacks get in the way of the parts I love.
I'm not bashing anyone who disagrees. So why should you do the same to those of us who have a different opinion? -_-

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ Blank_Points

smh yeah I wouldn't reveal things like that.

@ siegleeagle

So you're tired of both sides of it well this is what you get shit happens I'm sorry this wasn't your perfect area, but things like this will happen in real life in the internet. Also remember this I'm not unhappy with every game in the series just how it's gone. I liked KH1, COM, BBS, and to an extent Re:coded, but I also realize the route they took to get where they are now was one that can be questioned for some time.

You don't even have to nitpick every area they messed up with to know they messed up. It's really just there in front of your own eyes.

@Z3N

I agree there are crappier movies, books, and games. For this one though it stands out cause it was actually successful series so far.

As for dissing japan man people do that all the time. They diss us a lot that's why I'm not so mad for anyone dissing them.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Now, if you don't like that I'm not agreeing with you on how terrible Kingdom Hearts, the series, is...
Know what?
Bite. Me.

I have the exact same sentiments about your wack ass crusade about us sharing our opinions. If YOU don't like that we aren't agreeing with you about the series, you can blow me. I'll cover it in melted sea salt ice cream to aid your fangirl tendencies.

As for the OP, I see no point in posting that. One, Japan has different taste(not saying bad) so there are some games we may not like, that they love. Two, if you do that poll here, you'd get the same result, doesn't mean anything besides people like that game the best. To me, that doesn't mean it's the best one.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
And it's easy to understand the story/plot. All you need to do? Think outside the box.

1310180567001.jpg

Know what?
Bite. Me.

I'm not bashing anyone who disagrees. So why should you do the same to those of us who have a different opinion? -_-

Except nobody was saying anything bad about your opinions, they were just expressing their own.

You know what's even more annoying than people who don't like the series? People who think you don't have a right to say anything bad about it. Just because someone likes the games doesn't mean he liked everything about them.

Feel free to like the games as much as you want, nobody's going to stop you.

Last edited:

siegleeagle

You know what's even more annoying than people who don't like the series? People who think you don't have a right to say anything bad about it.

I agree with this. I love Kingdom Hearts, but there are huge flaws and people have the right to not like them just as much as I do to love the games regardless.

Ok, well in a nutshell here's what I think. It's a super super cool game with lots of cool things. But it's also not very fun cause there is no multiplayer.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Two things KH3 doesn't need to make fans hate the series even more is multiplayer especially online and DLC.

DLC is the thing that ruins the promise of this generation unless done correctly.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Multiplayer is NOT the worst thing for KH. It was in BBS most of all. Besides, some CO-OP missions where other people take control of members of a party and or can replay parts of the game doesn't sound bad to me at all.

I never buy DLC anyway. I don't support them giving us an incomplete product to make more money off of us later.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Well okay Multiplayer in that form I'm okay with that, but I don't know if I can see some kind of online co-op especially if they make trophies for that part of the game that would suck.

To be short I just can't see KH with Multiplayer it doesn't seem like the game that would do it.

As for the DLC part I'll buy it if it's an extra and you know the game was finished. Like GTA IV for example that game was finished when you beat so the content they gave us looked like extra content. For a game like Assassin's Creed 2 I don't support it cause you can tell the story was not finished by the way the ending happened.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I never buy DLC anyway. I don't support them giving us an incomplete product to make more money off of us later.

-remembers Viscreal announcing DS2 DLC before game release-

I'm with you on that one.

siegleeagle

Yeah, DLC is stupid if it has conical story elements as part of it and you have to pay. If they are just costumes, maps, etc. then im fine with that. However, I don't mind if they did DLC that is canical to the story and it was free like AC Brotherhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back