• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► So i'm thinking of buying an iPad

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
But I don't know if I should.

Anyone want to convince me otherwise?
What should I be looking for when buying one?
Is there any other tablet out there that I should consider? (Although, i'll warn you, i'm a Mac fag)

TELL MEE

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I, personally never saw the appeal of an iPad. Mind, I haven't really looked much into it's undoubtedly vast array of functions. If you really insist on getting an iPad, why not an iPad2? That should buy you some two or three years before an iPad3 comes out.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
i meant iPad2, teehee.

yeah, i've always said "why would i want a goddamn massive iphone when i have a laptop which out performs it in every way." but idk, i think it may be a phase i'm going through. you know, i just want something shiny and new :)

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
As I read this thread from my iPad2, I'm forced to reflect on the iPad's mobility and sleek design. But I also notice the problems with it's keyboard, but that may be just me. The battery life also is only average, and when I out it on the charger while using it, it takes almost half an hour to see any noticeable increase in battery percentage. Also, even if you sync your touch or iPhone apps onto it, you may need to buy the iPad version of it, since some apps bought in those devices wont function so well on the iPad. It also can't play flash videos.

Go for the Samsung tablet.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
i meant iPad2, teehee.

yeah, i've always said "why would i want a goddamn massive iphone when i have a laptop which out performs it in every way." but idk, i think it may be a phase i'm going through. you know, i just want something shiny and new :)

That's what I always imagined it would be like--a huge ass smart phone. Also if you have a Mac laptop (which is probably a safe assumption applefag) I definitely wouldn't see the use. Buy a 3DS (haha) or something, and send me the money left over.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
nah, i have an imac and my girlfriend has an acer laptop (told her to get a mac laptop, but she's a bitch teehee.)

i was actually thinking of getting a 3DS, but i played on one in a shop and i wasn't overly impressed. i'll keep it in mind though ;D

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
But I don't know if I should.

Anyone want to convince me otherwise?
What should I be looking for when buying one?
Is there any other tablet out there that I should consider? (Although, i'll warn you, i'm a Mac fag)

TELL MEE

i could help you out like on tuesday....
my sister just ordered a white ipad2 that should be arriving monday....
she got it engraved and everything....

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
from experience (teacher let's us use it sometimes) i'd say yes. But I still think it's just an over sized iPhone.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, I played with one at the Apple Store (an applefag) and it is like an oversized iPhone/iPod Touch. I'd go for another tablet...or wait for the PS Tablet.

O

Oberon

To be honest it is pointless getting one when you already have a Mac laptop.

But something about being able to use a giant iPod in public which looks gorgeous is so tempting.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
As I read this thread from my iPad2, I'm forced to reflect on the iPad's mobility and sleek design. But I also notice the problems with it's keyboard, but that may be just me. The battery life also is only average, and when I out it on the charger while using it, it takes almost half an hour to see any noticeable increase in battery percentage. Also, even if you sync your touch or iPhone apps onto it, you may need to buy the iPad version of it, since some apps bought in those devices wont function so well on the iPad. It also can't play flash videos.

Go for the Samsung tablet.

Assuming you mean the 10.1 in which case I'd still have to say, 'no'. That's essentially a plastic iPad 2 running Android 3.x--which means that there are less than 100 tablet-optimized apps, problems inherent with Android 3.x, and with none of the 'benefits' that come from an Android tablet, namely HDMI out, expandable storage, and an SD card slot (that wouldn't work anyway, but whatever).

To be honest it is pointless getting one when you already have a Mac laptop.

But something about being able to use a giant iPod in public which looks gorgeous is so tempting.

He doesn't have a Mac laptop, as he already said.

Cloud: You and I have been going back and forth on this via VM, and my recommendation to go out and use one still stands. Most of the people that frequent these forums don't see any--or very, very little--value on the iPad, so it's not the best place to ask. Somewhere like Mac-Forums has people that will help you see both sides of the issue; they're much more fair than the khinsider forums have been.

From my experience: it's absolutely worth it. Given that I don't think you do too much writing, and would be using it more for casual browsing and whatnot, it should be perfect for your uses--a laptop might be overkill.

Oh, and about the battery life: considering I can go through 14-15 hours playing games, watching movies, browsing the web, etc., I'd say that whoever was bitching about it is doing something wrong.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
i'm free tomorrow, so i think i'll go down to the apple store to test one out. if i like it, i'll buy it.

another question WHY DOES THE UK HAVE NONE OF THESE IN STOCK.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Nowhere does. Partially because of the earthquakes in Japan, partially because of the overwhelming demand, and (apparently) partially because LG was shipping Apple shitty displays, so they switched to Samsung.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
effing earthquakes that was ages ago haven't they gotten over that yet ffs someone tell the boss of jpn that i want an ipad NOW

D

Deleted member 36435

Cloud: You and I have been going back and forth on this via VM, and my recommendation to go out and use one still stands. Most of the people that frequent these forums don't see any--or very, very little--value on the iPad, so it's not the best place to ask. Somewhere like Mac-Forums has people that will help you see both sides of the issue; they're much more fair than the khinsider forums have been.
yeah, the people on a video game forum are more biased than those on a mac forum

People have their reasons for not recommending one, just because they don't think it is a good product doesn't make them unfair.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Somewhere like Mac-Forums has people that will help you see both sides of the issue; they're much more fair than the khinsider forums have been.
Because that totally makes more sense when it comes to this topic.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

Because it TOTALLY isn't like people on a MAC forum will be biased up the wazoo.

Also, get the eff off your high horse. What makes you think every single member here doesn't like iPads?

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
it's great that three people just said exactly the same thing

when i say great i mean unnecessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back