• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So about Riku....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

meep2meep

Awards
So for those who have watched the theme trailer. After the song Mickey and Riku are talking... Riku leaves his "broken" keyblade there and says in case other me needs it. Uhhhhhh so does he have a nobody?![video=youtube;Zc2vEr-618g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc2vEr-618g[/video]

If this is a re-post thread then just close it :)

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well, a lot of people have been saying that Replica Riku could return so that's something to consider. Alternatively, maybe it's a metaphorical memento for when he was consumed by Darkness.

Also, can we talk about how Riku is designed like Noctis. Nomura really is trying to integrate as much of Final Fantasy Versus XIII into Kingdom Hearts III as possible.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah its hard to say, I have predicted some form of Riku would be in the new Organization...dunno why he would leave a Keyblade for him though?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Yeah its hard to say, I have predicted some form of Riku would be in the new Organization...dunno why he would leave a Keyblade for him though?

Maybe to give Replica Riku a sense of identity as his own person. If he has something to differentiate himself from the real Riku then that could snap him out of being a Xehanort vessel. Just spit balling with this idea.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Maybe to give Replica Riku a sense of identity as his own person. If he has something to differentiate himself from the real Riku then that could snap him out of being a Xehanort vessel. Just spit balling with this idea.

I guess I am not convinced its Riku Replica though...like when I think of a Riku possessed by Xehanort its just KH1 Riku. I think if a version of him is in the Organization it could just be him through time travel shenanigans lol. But who knows, I also thought Marluxia wouldn't be in the group since he had no signs of being Xehanort and betrayed him ha.

meep2meep

Awards
Well, a lot of people have been saying that Replica Riku could return so that's something to consider. Alternatively, maybe it's a metaphorical memento for when he was consumed by Darkness.

Also, can we talk about how Riku is designed like Noctis. Nomura really is trying to integrate as much of Final Fantasy Versus XIII into Kingdom Hearts III as possible.

HAHA I saw that too and at first I was like oh shit Noctis... a while back there was fake art for Noctis in kh and thats the exact design.

Like I get that its "Possible" for Riku replica to return (as Xion will most likely need a new body). Just Riku replica wasn't really that important after his being fake reveal and why leave it in the realm of darkness....

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
I feel like it's either his Replica or his possessed KH1 self.

If Xehanort goes with Repliku, he's pretty similar in terms of personality to KH1 Riku anyway, but he's just data that Xehanort could "program". Possessing Repliku would work the same way as when Namine altered/implanted memories into him.

Either way, Riku's talking about whichever "Riku" he saw in DDD. I don't think there's enough to point one way or the other.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

I guess I am not convinced its Riku Replica though...like when I think of a Riku possessed by Xehanort its just KH1 Riku. I think if a version of him is in the Organization it could just be him through time travel shenanigans lol. But who knows, I also thought Marluxia wouldn't be in the group since he had no signs of being Xehanort and betrayed him ha.

I'm on board with this. Having a matured Riku confront his younger, more ignorant self (someone who would have definitely been foolish enough to fall for Xehanort's pyramid scheme) could be a great way to develop an already seasoned character. If the broken WtD truly was for him, I'd imagine that Riku would leave it for his younger self as a means to connects him to a brighter destiny, somewhat like how Xehanort set YX on his destined path to destruction.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If he happy if it was Repliku. I remember people writing him off due to his supposed weakness. If he returns in KH3, I think he could have a lot of potential.

silentmusic16

Initially I jumped to the thought that it was Repliku, because hey, why not bring everything back? That seems to be the theme of KH3 in the first place. And not in a bad way either: a sense of identity/personhood is a pretty important backbone in the series and it's something Repliku was facing in the first place. Plus, it'd be a nice contrast to whatever they're going to try and do with Xion, considering they're both the same kind of creation.

That said, the idea that it's KH1!Riku because loltimetravel shenanigans is very enticing. There's a lot they could do with that, from Riku's current point of view as a character who got over the issues and mistakes he made in the past facing, well, himself. I like it a lot. I'd be okay with either choice at this point.

D

Deleted member 246005

I rewatched the trailer and I get more of a Repliku vibe from the dialogue than Riku talking about his past self. So I'm betting on that, I could be wrong tho.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I rewatched the trailer and I get more of a Repliku vibe from the dialogue than Riku talking about his past self. So I'm betting on that, I could be wrong tho.

I thought the same thing, although I wonder
a) How Repliku would be back
b) How he would use Riku's keyblade
c) Why he would use Riku's keyblade.

Besides, it being broken but someone else can use it heavily suggests that it's going to be used in a different timeline where it wasn't broken yet. But then again, how do you even send a keyblade to a different timeline?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Couldn't Xehanort have just taken Repliku from the past like the others? He was copied frkm Riku when Riku himself still had a part of Ansem within

redcrown

Awards
If he is referring to his past self then props to Nomura for making one of the dumbest plot devices in this series into something actually meaningful and using it to supplement an already developed character arc even more with a nice cherry on top.

Edit: mythos is overused

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

Besides, it being broken but someone else can use it heavily suggests that it's going to be used in a different timeline where it wasn't broken yet. But then again, how do you even send a keyblade to a different timeline?

To me, Repliku and Xion are replicas which are basically robots so you could just have someone rebuild them. So Xemnas rebuilds them or Vexen does and Xemnas steals them from him.

There are is also KH's convuloted time travel to consider but Xehanort chooses the Repliku because he is easier to manipulate than the original. Also Repliku being pulled wouldn't really affect the timeline as much.

Either its a sham like Xion's or Xehanort gives him a piece if his soul like Xigbar and the rest.

I'm guessing there is a character arc where Riku convinces the Repliku to go to the good guys side and Repliku joins up. Riku gives him a keyblade as a parting gift before the big mission I guess.

where did you get the alternate timeline deal? i got the sense that Riku and Mickey finally set out to find Aqua and that's when the scene happens.

meep2meep

Awards

A) there are a multitude of ways he could come back. He is after all just a puppet, a new body would be easy to make. The memories of him exist within Riku, Sora, namine, marluxia etc.
B) he showed no struggle wielding soul eater which did turn into way to dawn so I don't think welding it would be difficult for him
C) that's what makes no sense and why would riku leave it for him in the realm of darkness?

There's a multitude of theories with keyblade that have the eye being able to observe events in the future. I doubt xehornort is the only one who can time travel...I dont know. Honestly I'm grasping at straws. I have trouble with the Repliku theory...

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I hope it's not Replica. I like him, but he really doesn't need to come back. His arc was good when it ended like it did.
I'd like if it was a memento of some sort. Like, a different Riku or someone else will eventually arrive there and finds it as a moniker.
I'll step into fanfic territory here: what if it's for FUTURE Riku? Maybe Riku's foreseeing that at some point in his life he will probably end up at the Dark Margin again, and the Keyblade will be there to inspire him.

...yes, I know, poetic, but unlikely.

I'd like for broken Road to Dawn to be a symbol in the franchise though.

Well, kinda like Aqua "fixed" the ruined bridge? Idk, I think "in the RoD time flows in a different way" can be used as an ex machina for this.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm hoping it's for Repliku. I always loved that character, plus Namine would be lonely without her own friend to hang around with, considering TAV will be off to one side and RAX off to the other. And the more CoM recall, the better, imo.

From what I remember, Repliku asked where a fake goes when they fade/die. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the RoD when they're searching for Aqua.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back