• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

slim ps2 cant read clean kingdom hearts 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DivineSoldier

i recently bought a new slim type ps2 to replace the old fat ps2 that i had. Normally my kingdom hearts 2 works on my fat one, but when i pop kingdom hearts 2 into my slim ps2, it keeps saying this message "Please insert a playstation or playstation 2 format disc". I bought kingdom hearts 2 last year, and i was wondering...

does anyone know wat the problem is? should i replace my kingdom hearts 2 or is something wrong with my new ps2 slim (slim can read kingdom hearts 1 but it cant ready kingdom hearts 2 ?!) pls help me.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Hmm, idk. It's not scratched right? If not then ask for a new PS2, or maybe rent a KH2 then try that.

keyblade39

try cleaing or kh2 or blowing off the slit in ur slim ps2, or try Doortolight024's suggestions

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Try using a cleaning disc on your PS2 I know it's new and everything but it's worth a try mine use to play up on certain games but I used a cleaning disc and it worked.

Actually it's funny you should mention it, I bought the a PS2 slim and it was dosgy for a while but it sorted it's self out for me... lol

But yeah try a cleaning disc for actual PS2. or maybe ask a video store to resurface your PS2 disc, I think it costs like 5 bucks, try that before buying new stuff.

Hope it helps!

DivineSoldier

well actually, there is barely any scratches on my kingdom hearts 2 cd. if it did have scratches, it would say a message like this "disc could not be read". the problem im having is when it says "please insert a playstation or playstation 2 disc format" some of my other cd's have scratches on it and it says the message "disc could not be read" or "disc read error".

oh well, at least kingdom hearts 2 is like 19.99$. cheap right now so ill buy a new one lol. unless u guys have any other suggestions.

Hanzo

Well the slim PS2 is less than the fat PS2. It is known to have taken things out to make it lighter and faster. But there is a cost and i know now that some games might not work. Also don't think PS2 slim is better. They took 3 things out then made it slim but added one thing. So this will tell you how good PS2 slim is. Also it will be hard to find a good PS2 slim that will play every PS2 games. Yet somehow they fat one will.

Z3120

What's the SCPH number you see on the back of the slim PS2? The SCPH should be on that sticker somewhere underneath your slim PS2. And is your KH2 game the greatest hit version or what? And yes, fat PS2 > slim PS2 (except the v12 and v13 since you can do the HD combo :thumbsup:)

Edit: Did you buy this slim PS2 brand new or used/refurbished at a local gamestop or somewhere? If my guess is correct, your KH2 along with your specific slim PS2 version are incompatible.

roxax_Xll

oh well, at least kingdom hearts 2 is like 19.99$. cheap right now so ill buy a new one lol. unless u guys have any other suggestions.

lol,at my place(malaysia).i can buy it for rm5(maybe 2.50$ something like that at america)

rikufan06

hey that ps2 slim burns the discs too through prolonged time of play so becarefull its messing up my brothers games too i have th old fat one (ah good times)
ive had it since a year it came out and still works, my discs have a clearer look than his
so yeah in conclusion slim sucks
no ofense but yeah

p.s.fat reads scratched discs better than slim

Sora-Riku

i went to my friends house and she has a slim and kh2 worked on it so i dont know what to tell you!

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
lol, thats why i kept my big PS2 served me just fine.... and out lasted a lot of other ppls slim PS2 ^^

Pern

Mewtwo The Wise
With Mewtwo in the Kingdom Hearts Universe
I have something like that happen to me. It might be your ps2 cuz I bout a new one and I put a game in and it didn't work, but my other games did and when I put the same game (the one that didn't work) in one of my older ones and it work fine, so it might be touchie to your KH2.

I hope that I help.

What's with all the negativity towards the slim? It's the only ps2 that I have ever know. It works great for me. the only thing is, Madden 05 doesn't always work. Yeah, I'm behind the times. But it was 3 bucks used at gamestop!

Z3120

What's with all the negativity towards the slim? It's the only ps2 that I have ever know. It works great for me. the only thing is, Madden 05 doesn't always work. Yeah, I'm behind the times. But it was 3 bucks used at gamestop!

If you're ever into PS2 homebrew, besides the v12 and v13 black slim PS2s, most slim PS2s in my opinion are completely worse than the old fat PS2s. I've heard the v19 SCPH-79000s improved upon this, but as far as I'm concerned, the v17 silver slim PS2 I own has horrible ventilation, and it's more prone to creating in-game glitches, freezes and such in PSX games where it never existed before though it's just me it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back