• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Silver Wings 3: Back Into My Arms

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
Gabe cannot retire!!! I've been reading without the heartless for so long its like a part of me, *cries* anyways red amazing chappy :D

redharry123

a wanderer
hi srry about not posting as much...life is hectic and crazy.

Chapter Eleven: Caught In The Act

"Why the heck do I have to take orders from some kid?" came a voice echoing from just past the sight of the most recent battle that Tidus had witnessed.

"Well, he is our superior..." came the reply. Squall's face hardened as did everyone else's and Tidus made the only logical guess that he could. This kid they were talking about must have been that teenager that they all hated.

Seifer…

"Don't you think I know that!?" snapped the first voice, "I chose the wrong career. Being ordered around by some punk..."

"Ha ha ha! That's pretty funny." Replied the second, "Then why don't you quit and find another career, sir?"

The teenagers crept a little closer until the men were in plain view. The larger one seemed to consider the smaller one's suggestion until the little one laughed, "Ha ha ha! Just kidding, sir."

"You're right!!!" the big one bellowed, "You're absolutely right! I QUIT!!!"

The smaller one's mouth gaped and Tidus had to stifle a laugh. It was pretty obvious that this wasn't the smaller one's intention. The big man smacked him on the back good-naturedly, "Wedge, let's go home and have a drink."

"Oh...What!? cried Wedge, "Me, too?"

"Of course. Now, come on." The larger one's voice bridged no objections and the smaller frowned deeply

"But, but...what about our salary?" he murmured as he followed the larger man out toward what Tidus could only assume was an exit.

Tidus wanted to join them, but it wasn't in his future for the teenagers he was with proceeded to stalk quietly up the stairs the duo had just been guarding and into a long hallway that reminded Tidus of Macalania Temple.

Their silent footfalls seemed to echo loudly no matter how quietly they tried to move and Tidus gripped his belt loop nervously. If only he had his sword then he could be of use to the group. Squall, as if noticing his nervousness, dropped behind the group a bit, "You can draw some magic from me if you think it'll make you feel better."

"Draw?" Tidus repeated dumbly, "What's that?"

Rolling his eyes, Squall sighed, "Never mind. Just stay out of the way then." And he quickly ran back to the head of the pack. Tidus growled low. Just when he thought Squall was going to be an okay guy, he turned back into a giant ass.

"We meet again, ya know!? We'll take you on, ya know!?"

"NOW, NO FIGHT, NEXT TIME."

"That's right! We have a surprise, ya know!"

Tidus didn't like the 'surprise' that the duo had planned for them as the teens met with their rivals. He found reason for hating the 'surprise' when a giant robot dropped from the sky and appeared determined to destroy them. Groaning in annoyance, Tidus dove out of the way and silently prayed he'd survive this latest battle.

The Celsius was quiet when Rikku returned. Her jovial emotions simmering to a gentle happiness as she searched the ship for signs of her friends, "Paine?!" she called, "Yunie?!" and in something slightly higher than a whisper, "Gippal?"

Where was everyone? She had returned with the hope of sharing the great news and celebrating the impending return of Tidus – hopefully for good this time. She knew that Yuna was going to meet the Praetoress, but she figured that she would have been back by now. Gippal was probably working out in Zanarkand. Where Paine was, Rikku could only guess.

With a sigh and a frown, Rikku trudged back down onto the ground. Her only hope of finding where at least one of her friends might be was to ask Gippal, so with a heavy heart she went to find him.

Tidus hadn't seen Ellone since he had been transported to the dream world and even then it hadn't been for years. She was still as pretty as he remembered her being although the feelings of the childhood crush that had plagued him so often had dissipated. He had longed, however, to see her again but in her current predicament Tidus began to wonder if his wish was granted with the most evil of repercussions.

Ellone was gripped heavy handedly by Raijin and Fujin while a tall blonde man with a scar matching Squall's stared on – an evil glint in his eyes. Squall matched that glint with a heroic one of his own, "We've come to take back Ellone."

Seifer stepped down from his podium with a slow and deliberate gait, "Looks like we got company." He said to his friends, motioning with his hand, "Show'em your hospitality."

Raijin's advance on the group was halted only when Fujin spoke, "RAIJIN, STOP!"

"What's up?" Seifer demanded his voice harsh and cracked. Tidus noted his tattered trench coat and felt pity for the man before them. Aside from the evil glint in his eyes which seemed to wane with each passing moment, he seemed listless.

"We've had enough, ya know..."

Fujin released her hold on Ellone and shoved the girl forward gently, "GO."

Ellone didn't need to be told twice. Glancing her thanks to Fujin and Raijin, she ran over to Squall before smiling at Tidus, "Hello…" she whispered to him.

"Wait outside." Squall said to her, "Laguna should be here soon."

Nodding, Ellone made her way passed Squall and toward the door but she gripped Tidus' sleeve gently and pulled him with her for a few steps, "You shouldn't be here…" she whispered, "But don't worry…I'll make sure you get back."

Tidus gasped but didn't get a chance to ask for further information when Seifer's rough voice interrupted his thoughts, "Hey, hey...Come on people."

"Seifer, we're quittin', ya know?" Raijin said, "Don't know what's right anymore, ya know..."

Seifer glared down at them, "Exactly my thoughts. I thought we were a posse."

"POSSE..." Fujin repeated as if testing the word out in her mind for the first time. She took a breath and a step toward the towering hulk of man before her, "We are. We always will be." She breathed. Tidus was shocked. He didn't realize the woman could say more than a few words at a time, "Because we're a posse, we want to help you. Whatever it takes to fulfill your dream, we're willing to do. But...You're being manipulated, Seifer. You've lost yourself and your dream. You're just eating out of someone's hand. We want the old you back! Since we can't get through to you, all we have now to rely on is Squall!" she frowned deeply until the crevices in her face threatened to remain forever, "It's sad...Sad that we only have Squall to rely on...Seifer! Are you still gonna keep goin'?"

Seifer shrugged at his friends then raised his hand in a mock salute, "Raijin, Fujin! It's been fun!" he said, watching his friends leave. Tidus couldn't help but wonder what Seifer was feeling at that moment. Was he feeling as alone as Tidus was?

Jumping down from his platform, Seifer cleared the distance between himself and Squall in a matter of moments. Squall watched him coolly, "Are you going to continue with this knight thing?"

"The knight has retired." Seifer replied with a smirk. Tidus was about to let out a breath of relief when the tall blonde continued, "I guess you could call me a young revolutionary."

"What do you think you're doing?" demanded Squall, lifting his weapon from its holster at his hip.

"I've always gotta be doing somethin' BIG!" cried Seifer, repeating Squall's action with his own weapon, "I don't wanna stop. I'm gonna keep running!" His eyes wandered the group until his eyes rested on Rinoa, "I've come this far...I'm gonna make it to the end, to the goal!" he spoke softly, staring at the girl but obviously his words were still directed at Squall. Slowly, he moved his gaze back to his rival and hissed, "There's no way I'm sharing it with you!"

The clash of weapons echoed in Tidus' ears as he dove to avoid one of Seifer's crushing blows. It amazed him how the man stood up to an attack of six on one so well. Squall's sour face frightened Tidus and he scrambled further away as the brunette closed his eyes for a moment as if channeling all his energies. The wind picked up around them and Tidus let out a scream of horror as a huge being appeared from the wall. Riding a horse with six legs was a man who looked more like a zombie than a man. As the monster made his way toward Seifer at an alarming rate, the blonde held up his gunblade and the two collided.

Tidus slammed his eyelids down and covered his ears. He didn't want to hear the screams of pain coming from the man they were fighting but after a few moments, he slowly opened them. The dust was clearing from the collision and everyone let out audible gasps.

"Odin...!?" Squall murmured. It was obviously the strange being's name.

Seifer grinned wickedly, "Hah, I won't go down that easy." He announced, raising his gunblade high again, "Show me what you got, Squall! Let me add another scar for ya!"

Tidus was truly amazed by the power this teenager wielded and began to fear again for his life and the lives of those around him. He didn't have to fear for long, though, for with a final strike of Squall's weapon, Seifer collapsed in exhaustion, "Is this...the end...?" he muttered.

"Seifer..." whispered Rinoa, her eyes staring into Seifer until Tidus shivered a little. There was definitely something about that girl that he didn't trust. As she left, obviously upset over something, Seifer stood.

The blonde man sheathed his weapon with a glare at his enemy, "Not yet!" he cried, "It's not over yet, Squall!!!"

The man ran passed the group in a blonde flash only to be followed by another blonde, Quistis, who had an expression on her face that indicated she trusted Seifer as much as the rest did.

Squall sheathed his weapon with a deep frown on his features and turned to the remaining group standing behind him. He opened his mouth to speak when a shriek came from back where they had fought and defeated the huge robot.

"Squall!!!"

Squall's eyes darkened, "Rinoa!?"

Quistis' hair was disheveled and her eyes had a look of panic as she ran back into the room, "Squall!" she wheezed in a panicked whisper, "S-Seifer took Rinoa!"

Gippal waited for Yuna's response, but when none came he started to regret having told her about his lineage. He hadn't wanted to tell anyone for fear they would use it against him. A half-blood was often used as target practice with the Al Bheds. His entire life he had never felt like he truly belonged anywhere. Gippal had honed all of his anger into an arrogant swagger that made even the hard-heartiest woman swoon. But when he met Yuna he realized that half-bloods could belong if they had tried. Yuna was a half-blood but she had saved the world, earned respect, and had found true love.

That gave Gippal hope too…

As he gazed into Yuna's duel-colored eyes, he noticed for the first time how beautiful she truly was. He had noticed certain features of her beauty before. Her butt being his favorite part to admire, but he hadn't noticed that she was the entire package. She was everything a guy could have wanted. Yet here she was, alone and hurting. It just didn't seem fair to him.

Rikku had dismissed him without a second thought. Tidus was dead and had left a hole in her heart. She was as alone and lonely as Gippal was. He looked at her for a long moment, his eyes burning into her until he felt completely out of control. Without thinking, he leaned in and pressed his lips against hers gently, but quickly he deepened the kiss until she gripped him around the neck and pulled him closer to her.

She responded eagerly, letting out a little moan as he lowered his lips to her neck. His hands trailed a path over every inch of her body, kissing her with an intensity he feared had died when Rikku had shut him out. The pair kissed each other greedily; pouring all the frustration, guilt, loneliness, and heartache that was welling up inside of them into each melding of mouths.

It was Yuna that pulled him down on top of her. The hill wasn't the most comfortable place, but Gippal was beyond caring at the moment as he covered her body with his own. His tongue played at her mouth until she allowed him entrance and gave him an approving moan.

He felt her hands on the buckle of his pants and almost stopped her but his conscience was overthrown by her hands venturing far below his waist. He lowered his face to her shirt, spreading the fabric apart with his hands and showering her with soft kisses along her stomach.

Her hand brushed boldly against him and he moaned softly in her ear. So caught up in feelings that neither heard the sound of footsteps approaching from just behind the hill that kept them invisible to oncoming traffic until their visitor was gaping down at them, letting out a furious scream.

They jumped apart, struggling with loosened and missing clothes until Gippal looked up. The sunlight was setting behind her but even in the dimming light, Gippal could see the fury on Rikku's face as she shrieked, "What the hell is going on?!"

~_~_~_~_~
DUN...DUN.....DDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN:D

SoRaBhK_dUdE

Dey almost got jiggy wid it. But then they got caught. Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun DUUUUUUNN!!!! Great chapter. Enjoyed it much alot.

redharry123

a wanderer
wow noelle, r y psychic?

Chapter Twelve: Hell Hath No Fury

"What the hell is going on?!" Rikku shrieked again, fury rising in her body like a tidal wave threatening to destroy all that lay in its path. Her eyes focused in ire on the two figures struggling to make themselves presentable and scrambling to their feet to face her.

"Uh…Ri…Rikku…well, we…uh…" Gippal stammered, spinning to his side slightly. Rikku heard the unmistakable sound of a rising zipper and shrieked in fury again, throwing a handful nearby pebbles at the tall Al Bhed who tried unsuccessfully to dodge them.

"Slut!" she screamed at him, running down from the hill, kicking at his shins with her small feet, "Man whore!!"

"Rikku!" Yuna cried, taking a step toward her cousin as she continued to take out her fury on Gippal's shins.

Rikku spun in anger at her cousin, her eyes wide with rage. Waving her finger in Yuna's face like a weapon, she hissed, "And YOU! I thought you were better than this!" she motioned wildly at Gippal before shouting, "He's not Tidus! He's just a man whore who couldn't keep it in his pants if his life depended on it!"

"Hey!" Gippal retorted, "I sure as hell kept it in my pants with you!"

Rikku sneered, "Only because I made you!"

"Rikku…" Yuna whispered quietly, regaining her cousin's attention, "Things just got out of hand with us, but we didn't mean to…"

"Oh, you didn't mean to!" Rikku said sarcastically, "Well that just makes it all better then!"

"I was upset!" Yuna continued, desperately, "The Praetoress tried to convince me that Tidus was still alive. She was playing on my emotions and offered to help me get him back in exchange for my help. I was just upset."

Rikku shook her head, "Excuses again, Yuna? You were upset?!" Rikku stood facing her cousin, arms akimbo, and said, "What was your excuse when you slept with Shuyin? Was it because he was doing such a good Tidus impersonation that you couldn't see past the end of your nose?" she narrowed her eyes, "And just what were you doing with Seymour while we were all at Home watching it get destroyed?

Rikku saw her cousins' lower lip quiver but instead of feeling immediate remorse, Rikku felt triumphant. Yuna opened her mouth to speak but Rikku silenced her with a motion of her hand, "I don't want to hear it." She announced, her eyes traveling from Gippal to Yuna in sheer contempt, "You two deserve each other. I'm just glad Tidus isn't around to see this…"

Without listening for their replies, Rikku turned and stalked off toward the Celsius, anger still boiling in her veins. She needed to calm herself down and think about her next move. If Yuna didn't want Tidus back, then to Hell with her. Rikku had liked Tidus once, but she'd lost him to Yuna. She had stepped aside when she saw how much he loved Yuna and Rikku believed Yuna loved him in return, but now she wasn't so sure. Tidus deserved better than Yuna and she deserved better than Gippal.

"What was all that screaming?" Paine asked as she made her way down the plank and onto the Zanarkand streets.

"Where were you earlier?" Rikku asked.

"I was at the stadium helping with the rebuilding." Replied Paine, "So tell me, what was that shouting about?"

Rikku took a breath and retold the tale of her day – excluding the part about the Farplane - until she reached the part where she caught Yuna and Gippal together. Paine let out an audible gasp and Rikku nodded, "My feelings exactly." She said.

"But why would Yuna…?"

"I don't know…" Rikku whispered dropping to a sitting position on the ground and letting her mind wander back to her happy intentions upon leaving the Farplane. She was going to tell Yuna and then YRP was going to find Tidus and bring him back to live happily ever after with the woman he loves. Now…

"The Praetoress tried to convince me that Tidus was still alive. She was playing on my emotions and offered to help me get him back in exchange for my help. I was just upset."

Rikku's eyes flew wide and she stood up just as suddenly as she had sat, "I've gotta go!" Rikku cried, running in a mad dash toward one of the smaller airships that the Al Bhed workers used.

Sorceress Rinoa Heartilly paced back and forth in the main room of the Bevelle temple with a scowl on her face. She had hoped that Yuna would return quickly. The time for her plan to come to fruition was within the hour and for the first time; Rinoa was beginning to wonder if she would be able to succeed in her efforts.

Rinoa's long flowing robes trailed the ground and her hair was pulled up tightly beneath a pointed hat that clung tightly to her head. She didn't want Squall to recognize her. Even though her Squall was dead, this Squall was an exact copy of him in every way. If she looked too familiar, he'd realize it. His heart would tell him that it was her and he wouldn't kill her. That just couldn't happen.

She made her way down a twirling set of stairs that led into an underground castle beneath even the deepest reaches of the temple where Vegnagun had been housed. Being built on the edge of the Farplane had distinctive advantages. Rinoa knew that she wouldn't have far to go when her time came and for those SeeDs she destroyed in her effort to die by Squall's hand, they wouldn't have far to go either.

All was in readiness for the final battle. She just needed to wait for the connection with Ellone to begin. Ellone didn't want to help her, just as she hadn't wanted to help Shuyin but the girl was going to nonetheless. In the end, Ellone was a fayth that wanted the best for all involved and she knew that the ultimate death of the sorceress was in the world's best interest – both the real world and the dream world.

Rinoa cursed silently as she made her way back to the upper level of the temple. Yuna wasn't there yet.

"Where the hell is she!" Rinoa cursed to herself as she paced back and forth. She needed Yuna. Yuna would bring Tidus back and that needed to happen. Death wasn't the end of Rinoa's plans.

Death was only the beginning…

Seifer Almasy's hand was firmly gripping her hip and his other held the shimmering gunblade menacingly at her neck. She didn't want to struggle too much for fear of rising his ire further.

This wasn't the 18 year old she had spent a summer with. This wasn't the guy with the hope of vanquishing evil and saving those in need.

She didn't know this man at all…

"......Seifer." she whispered, her eyes connecting with the figure that lay ahead, "No more...Please?"

He seemed to react slightly to her as he stopped in his rapid movement toward the awakening sorceress, Adel. He held his head close to hers and smelled the fragrant scent of her hair, "Rinoa..." he whispered, quietly, loosening his grip on her ever so slightly.

"Seifer!!! NO!" came a voice tearing through the silence that was starting between the two. She felt his hand tighten its grip on her as she recognized Squall's voice and realized Seifer had as well.

Seifer's face hardened as he saw his nemesis and the other teens storming in to save her, "Rinoa and Adel! The sorceresses as one!" Seifer shouted, "Watch closely, Squall!"

She felt force at her back as Seifer tried to shove her toward the sorceress who was still in the confines of her tomb but rapidly engaging in her escape. She tried to prevent it. She planted her feet firmly on the ground and pushed back on him just as hard as he pushed on her, but it was for nothing. His last shove forced her to her knees in front of Adel.

As Adel began to move and force the walls of her tomb to break around her, she stared in slack jawed fear. She found herself unable to move as the hands of Adel, with claw-like nails, ripped through their confines and came toward her.

"Gotta save Rinoa!" she heard Zell shout as Adel began the merger between the two of them.

"Just go for Adel!" Squall commanded.

She could see her friends bracing themselves for the battle, weapons glinting in the light as Adel finished junctioning her. Irvine aimed his gun straight at Adel and all Rinoa could do was scream.

"Hello?!" Rikku called, her voice echoing along the walls of the Bevelle hallway. Her footsteps seemed to pound down the hall as she walked stealthily along. She wasn't really sure why she was there and at the same time she knew exactly what she was doing.

"You are not Yuna. Who are you?"

Rikku stopped in mid step and stared at the shadowy figure that stood several feet away from her in the narrow hall. Trying to quell the quiver in her voice, Rikku said, "My name is Rikku. I'm Yuna's cousin. I'm here about…Tidus."

"Why hasn't Yuna kome?"

"She doesn't believe you…" Rikku whispered in response, "but I do. He wasn't in the Farplane when I visited."

The sudden onset of light in the enclosed space blinded Rikku temporarily and when she regained her vision, the Praetoress was practically on top of her, "She knows he wasn't in the Farplane and yet she still doesn't believe what I tell her?"

"She doesn't know about the Farplane…"

"Why not?"

Rikku narrowed her eyes at the memory of Gippal and Yuna in a coital position on that hill in Zanarkand. Tidus was still alive and thinking that Yuna was this wide-eyed innocent that loved him more than life. Rikku had once believed that too, but no more. And it was time that Tidus knew the truth too…

"Enough about Yuna…" Rikku said, "She told me that we can have Tidus back in exchange for us helping you. I'm here to do whatever you want."

The woman raised an eyebrow at the thin blond in front of her as if weighing her options. Rikku didn't know who this woman really was or how she came to know where Tidus was, but she didn't care at the moment. Her main concern was getting to Tidus and saving him from whatever fate had befallen him. After several moments, the Praetoress smiled, "Very well. If you wish to replace Yuna then so be it."

"What do you need me to do?"

The dark eyes glowed with an evil glint as she stared into Rikku's green orbs, "We will be traveling to the dream world where I will see my beloved again. It is there that we will find Tidus and he will be returned to you. After my plans come to fruition, I will need a host. Will you be that host?"

Rikku wrinkled her nose in confusion, "What's a … host?"

"Swear to be my host…" said the Praetoress, ignoring Rikku's question, "Swear or this deal is off."

"I swear…"

"Very well then," the Praetoress said, turning on her heels to backtrack down the hallway she had just come up, "Let us be going."

With the battle between the teens and Adel finished, Tidus felt immense relief. Seifer was sitting in a solemn state at the corner of the room guarded by Zell and Irvine and Squall practically tripped over himself to reach Rinoa who had begun to collapse as a result of her interaction with the defeated sorceress but after a few moments, she regained her ability to stand by herself and stood swaying in confusion for several moments as the rest mulled about waiting for something to happen.

As was usual, Laguna had the perfect timing to show up after the important things had been completed. It'd been that way since Tidus was a child. He couldn't remember a time when Laguna was actually around for an important event when it was actually happening.

"Ellone, now's your chance!" Tidus' uncle shouted at the girl who had followed him in. Tidus watched as Ellone closed her eyes and focused her energies which made Rinoa faint dead away to the floor. He saw concern crease Squall's brow but it was quickly nullified with Laguna's next demand, powers on Rinoa. Rinoa faints. "Ok, Ellone. Just get Rinoa back."

"I...was inside Adel..." Rinoa whispered as she regained consciousness, "The young Adel..."

"Ultimecia's inside Adel. Exactly as she wanted." Laguna said with a smile, "Ok, this is the showdown folks! Time compression is about to begin. Love, friendship, and courage'! Show'em what you got!"

Laguna turned to leave but was stopped by Ellone's grip on his wrist. He waited a moment as she walked over to Tidus and touched his face tenderly, "I'm so sorry for what I did…" she whispered to him, "but you'll be home soon and it'll make up for my being too weak to go against him."

Him? Tidus was confused for a moment until he realized who Ellone was talking about.

"Shuyin?" he whispered to her and she nodded. He gave her a half smile, "It's okay. Whatever you did, I understand."

"Thank you…"

Ellone turned and made her way toward Laguna who nodded at Tidus with a smile and turned to escort Ellone from the room but it must have been too late for that. Tidus let out a horrified scream as the room began to melt around him. His feet lost their grip on the ground and he slipped back and slammed into Seifer who subsequently slammed into Squall as the group tumbled head over heels into a hole in the floor.

"W-Where do we go!?" Irvine shouted.

"Yo! Where are we supposed to go!?" screamed Zell.

The melting room was quickly replaced by a pool of water and for the first time since ending up back in the dream world, Tidus felt at home. He swam along easily, helping a few of the stragglers who were having more trouble, including his illustrious uncle who didn't seem happy to be there at all.

Rinoa's voice quivered as she spoke, "I'll...Probably disappear..."

Tidus seconded her thoughts with quiet ones of his own. He barely knew these people. His only hope was that he already knew that he didn't exist so maybe that made things better.

"Just stay by my side." Squall said to Rinoa, "I won't let you disappear!!!"

"Rikku!" Yuna shouted as she and Gippal stormed onto the Celsius after deciding just how they were going to calmly speak to Rikku about what had transpired between the two of them.

"Rikku!" Gippal called in echo to Yuna's shout.

Paine appeared in the doorway of the elevator with a frown on her face, "She's not here." She replied, "And even if she was, I don't think she'd want to see either of you."

Yuna frowned deeply, "She told you then, I guess."

"I just can't believe it, Yuna. How could you do something like that?" she asked her friend, then she cast a look at Gippal, "You I can believe, but not Yuna…"

Gippal sneered at her, "Gee…thanks."

Tidus gaped at the huge building that lay at the end of their massive journey through compressed time. They had called Ultimecia's home a 'castle', but this wasn't a castle. This place was anything but a castle. At first glance most would assume it was a castle, but Tidus recognized the patterns that played in the sky above it. That wasn't sky, though. That was a floor. Staring hard through the clouds, Tidus saw the pathway he had taken to help Yuna get Bahamut during her pilgrimage.

"Bevelle Temple…" he whispered to himself, a grin broadening on his features, "I'm home…"

"Ultimecia's reign...We have to end it now." Squall said, oblivious to Tidus' epiphany.

Tidus barely listened as Squall started barking orders to those nearby. He just stood, staring at the sky with a silly smile on his face.

He was home…

Suddenly, and with no warning, Tidus let out a shrill whistle that brought the entire entourage to a silent stare. Squall glared at him and then smacked the back of his head, "Do you want to get us killed?!"

Tidus spun and grinned, "I'm home! This isn't a castle!" he cried, "This is Bevelle Temple!"

"Whatever…" Squall replied, rolling his eyes.

"Hey, guys…" Selphie began, "…where's Seifer?"

"Maybe he gave up after we beat his ass, again!" Zell said triumphantly, punching the air a few times for good measure until Seifer emerged from the nearby bushes, causing a frown on the martial artist's face.

"I had to take a leak. Is that okay, Chicken-Wuss?" asked Seifer, using the nickname that annoyed Zell to no end.

Squall glowered at the blonde and then looked at Laguna, "Do you have your gun with you?" he asked the older man. At his nod, Squall nodded in return, "Keep an eye on him. He's wanted for questioning when we get back to Garden." Then turning his attentions to everyone else, "Whatever Tidus says is inconsequential right now. Be this Ultimecia's castle or Behell Temple…"

"Bevelle!"

"…Whatever…" Squall replied, "It doesn't matter. What matters is that Ultimecia is in there and we're bringing her down."

"Yeah!" came the cheers from the group as they made their way toward the doorway, but Squall stopped them sort.

He smiled slightly at Tidus, "If you're so sure that you know this place…" he said, "Then lead the way…" and with a sweeping motion of his hand, he allowed Tidus first entrance.

SoRaBhK_dUdE

WOOOOOO another chapter!!!! I still can't believe WTH is over. Anyways... WE GOTS A CHAPTER WE GOTS A CHAPTER!!!

Noezel7

oh yes i am so psychic!! i predict that you will write another chappy and post it soon. SO IT IS PREDICTED, SO IT WILL BE DONE!!
*men in white coats come and take her back to her rubber room and the insane asylum*
No i don't want to go there!! There are evil bunnies in my room!!!
-_-

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
Me: YAY! Chapter!
Gem: .... I wonder...?O.O
Nanala: They'res evil bunnies?O.O
Thea:...-_-..*glares at Gem and Nanala:
Nanala:... HAH!*points* You ARE like Squall! Admit it!
Thea:...!!!! Nanala, I'm giving you teb seconds to get away....1...2....
Me: Nanala! You really got her angry!
Gem: You don't think...?
Me: I don't think... I KNOW. RUN NANALA!!!
Nanala: *runs to the hills*

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
Me:... He'll probably have to find out... either Rikku, or Yuna or Gippal will tell him or Paine. Or he will have a scene like Yuna did when he entered the ship.... Sorry but... I'm not going... to be very descreptive... for my thoughts... I feel lazy...lol

anime_keitostyle

Everybody, it's time to celebrate! Reasons, you ask? Here we go:
1) redharry has graced us with this SENSATIONAL addition to the Silver Wings story
2) I have internet again (which, in my opinion, deserves a new chappy in itself)
3) Does anyone REALLY need a reason to get their party on?

SoRaBhK_dUdE

*Gasp* Still no chapter. There's no chapter to read, and I'm getting hypnotized by Maple Story again. Need chapter.

redharry123

a wanderer
actually no, i've been on a writing craze...cant stop writing acctually....>.> almost finished the fic. lol. i was in arizona for my grandpa's irish wake (its basicially a funeral, except no black and there's an irish bagpipe player)

Chapter Thirteen: Time To Find Another Praetoress

Tidus wearily lead the teenagers through the underbelly of Bevelle Temple. He wasn’t sure where he was going. He had never been this far below the surface before, but he managed well enough by keeping his eye upon the pathways of the Cloister of Trials above.

Squall’s hand landed harshly on his shoulder after Tidus had lead them all over the ‘castle’ and came upon a large wooden door with a knocker upon it. He didn’t have to utter a world for everyone seemed to know what he was thinking.

This Ultimecia person was in this room.

“Everybody…” Squall said after a moment of silence, “This is it. Ultimecia is here. Let’s get it over with and fight her now.”

Nods came from everybody but Tidus who shook his head in rapid succession, “Hell no!” he said, “I am not going to die when I’m so close to being home!”

Squall frowned and scratched around the scar on his head, “What do you suggest then?”

“How about I go and you guys finish up here?” Tidus said.

Shrugging, Squall replied, “Well, do what you want but we’re going in.”

Tidus stood and watched as his companions made their way toward the large door and began to pull it open. Light leaked through and lit the small stone walkway where they stood. Tidus could distinctly hear voices from within as he watched his companions struggle to open the door the remainder of the way.

“So…what exactly are we waiting for?”

Tidus gasped and grabbed Squall’s shoulder, shoving him to the side to peer into the crack made by the door. She was standing beside the one he assumed was Ultimecia with her hair in the same haphazard style it had been the last time he had seen her.

Rikku…

“What’s the deal?!” Squall hissed, pushing Tidus back against the wall, “Are you trying to mess this up for us?”

“T..tha…that’s…Rikku!” Tidus responded in a hushed whisper.

“Like…who’s Rikku?” Selphie asked.

Tidus sighed, “She’s Yuna’s cousin! I knew I was home! Rikku’s here to get me!”

Squall stared at him with no emotion on his face until he whispered monotonously, “Why is your girlfriend’s cousin here to get you and not your girl?”

Tidus felt sure that Squall had stabbed him in the heart with those words. He hadn’t thought about it like that. Where was Yuna? Why wasn’t she there to get him? An even better question…was Rikku even there to get him? How would they have known he’d be coming this way? And…why was Rikku with Ultimecia in the first place?

Summoning up all his courage, Tidus rose to his full height before Squall, “I don’t care about that right now. Rikku is in there and she’s going to take me home. Everything else is inconsequential.” And with a quick turn on his heels, Tidus pulled the door the rest of the way and marched into the room.

“Please, tell us where Rikku went.” Yuna begged Paine, gripping her friend’s hands tightly in her own, “I need to talk to her.”

Paine pulled her hands away in an act of disgust and shook her head at Yuna, “Even if I knew, I wouldn’t tell you, but I don’t so this discussion is pointless anyway.” With a last sneer directed at Gippal, Paine turned on her heels and left the Celsius, making her way through the sand toward Home.

Yuna’s shoulders sagged tremendously and she let a tear fall from her eyes, “Where could she be…?”

“I don’t know…” Gippal replied.

Yuna spun to him, fire in her eyes as she pounded her fists on his chest angrily, “This is all your fault!”

“My fault!” Gippal screamed, appalled at her accusation.

“Yes!” Yuna insisted, pounding harder until he caught her fists in his hands and pushed her away from him, “You kissed me!”

“You kissed me back!”

Yuna wiped her mouth violently with the back of her hand, “And it was disgusting!!”

“You didn’t seem to think so then!”

Yuna glared at him with her arms akimbo before dropping them to her sides and sighing dejectedly, “What will Tidus think?”

“Maybe you should have thought about that before you grabbed my…” Gippal said, letting the sentence trail off with the unspoken innuendo hanging in the air.

Lifting her eyes to connect with his, Yuna hissed, “And it was barely there! It felt like limp spaghetti!”

“Maybe that’s because you’re not hot enough!”

Yuna growled low in her throat, “Ooo! Rikku was right! You are a man whore!!” she seethed, kicking out but missing his shins as he jumped out of the way at the last moment. She spun on her heels to avoid him when she suddenly stopped in her tracks as a realization dawned upon her.

Yuna had told Rikku about Ultimecia’s prediction about Tidus…

Spinning back to Gippal, all trace of her previous anger gone, she whispered breathlessly, “Rikku went to get Tidus back…”

Tidus’ first glimpse of Ultimecia nearly stopped his heart. The resemblance to Rinoa was uncanny but Squall didn’t seem to notice. Nonetheless, if Tidus didn’t know any better, he’d swear that Ultimecia was Rinoa…but that just wasn’t possible.

Was it…?

However, there wasn’t time to ponder those thoughts when Rikku’s shrill voice rang clear through the room, “Tidus!!!!!!!!!” The blonde bounded from her perch next to Ultimecia and leapt into his arms with the same gusto Yuna had exhibited when he had first come back.

Slightly blown off balance, Tidus scrambled to remain standing while the girl frantically hugged him as if making sure he was really there. With gentle hands, Tidus removed her from his person and smiled at her, “Nice to see you too Rikku.”

“You’re back!” she shrieked, jumping up and down excitedly before spinning back to Ultimecia, “Thanks so much!”

“She helped you?” asked Squall as he lifted his gunblade in the air menacingly.

Rikku nodded, “She’s the one who told us that Tidus wasn’t really dead, just back in the dream world.”

Squall groaned, “Enough with this ‘dream world’ crap.” He said to Rikku before focusing his cobalt blue eyes on Ultimecia, “We’re here to stop you…”

"...SeeD..." Ultimecia said with a half smile on her face, "SeeD......SeeD......SeeD, SeeD, SeeD!" Standing suddenly, she raised her long hands in the air above her and dragged them down her body in a slow and provocative manner, "Kurse all SeeDs. Swarming like lokusts akross generations. You disgust me."

“What’s going on…?” Rikku whispered to Tidus, gripping his shoulder tightly.

“I don’t know…” Tidus whispered back, “but I think we should back up…”

"The world was on the brink of that ever-elusive 'time-kompression'." Ultimecia continued, never breaking eye contact with Squall. She pointed a long finger at him which was bejeweled with nails grown to three inches and filed to sharp points, "Insolent fools!" she shrieked, "Your vain krusade ends here, SeeDs. The price for your meddling is death beyond death. I shall send you to a dimension beyond your imagining. There, I will reign, and you will be my slaves for eternity.

Tidus grabbed Rikku around the waist and flung her over his shoulder as Ultimecia’s evil cackle grew louder and louder. Finding a relatively good place to hide behind a gargoyle statue, he dropped her on her behind and hissed in her face, “We’re going to stay here. This doesn’t involve us.”

“Yes it does!” Rikku cried, “They’re going to kill that nice lady!”

Tidus did a double take, his mouth hanging open until he questioned, “Nice lady?”

“Yeah…the Praetoress. She’s the reason I found you.”

“Praetoress…?” Tidus was incredibly confused and rocked back on his heels, rubbing his head as the first strains of a migraine began to play between his eyes.

"Whom shall I exterminate first!?" Ultimecia asked, slowly trailing her claw over her chest before pointing, "I'll start with you three!"

Rikku jumped to her feet and squealed, “We can’t let them kill the Praetoress!”

“Rikku!” Tidus cried, grabbing the blonde before she ran headlong into the ensuing battle, “Stop it! That woman is an evil sorceress who is trying to kill them! Not the other way around. Now, I don’t know why she helped you find me, and that doesn’t matter right now.”

“We can’t let them kill the Praetoress!”

Gippal stopped in his tracks as the voice echoed along the corridors of the Cloister of Trials. Yuna stopped too and listened. The sound of clashing weapons and cries of anger and pain echoed along with Rikku’s pleas and Gippal dropped to his knees to listen closer to the ground.

“What are you doing?” Yuna asked him as he crawled between her legs to another location on the ground.

Gippal didn’t reply for a moment as if trying to decide whether what he thought was a possibility or not but when he decided it was, he stood quickly, “She’s below us…”

“Hey! Hey come back here!”

Tidus spun at the sound of his uncle’s voice and ducked further behind the gargoyle as Seifer – who his uncle was supposed to be protecting – and Laguna ran through with the latter man frantically trying to catch the former. Seifer ran toward Squall who was busily trying to ward off Ultimecia’s attacks. The man unsheathed his weapon and Tidus saw his intentions in that instant. Forgetting that he was unarmed and seeing only that a life was in danger, Tidus jumped from his space and tackled the taller man in one move, rolling and punching until his gunblade fell free from his hand.

“Rikku! Grab it!” he shouted back at the blonde girl still hidden in shadows. A bolt of lightening flashed next to Tidus and he jumped, realizing he’d narrowly missed being the unwelcomed recipient of a thunder spell. Rikku bent to retrieve the gunblade and made to hand it to Tidus but the man refused, “No. I’ve gotta keep him down. Get her!” he shouted, motioning toward Ultimecia.

"I am Ultimecia." She was hissing, "Time shall compress...All existence denied." Another spell flashed, narrowly missing Rinoa and Selphie, "Reflect on your...childhood..." A blinding white light surrounded Tidus and he struggled to maintain in control of the struggling man he held to the ground. The sound of a gunblade clattering to the ground was his only connection to reality.

"Is she all right?"

"Why should you care?"

"If she dies, I wouldn't know what to do."

"Don't say Mom is gonna die!"

"I apologize."

“Your sensation..."

"Dad?”

"Yeah?"

"I hate you."

"I know, I know. You know what you have to do."

"Yeah."

"Your words..."

"And I've been telling Yuna... 'Let's go to Zanarkand together! Let's beat Sin!' I told her all the things we could...we could... And all along, the whole time, I didn't know anything! But Yuna, she'd...just smile."

"Your emotions..."

"Yuna, I have to go. I'm sorry I couldn't show you Zanarkand. Goodbye!"

"Hey!"

"We're gonna see you again...?"

"Yuna!"

"I love you."

"Time...It will not wait...No matter...how hard you hold on. It escapes you..."

"Hey! Can't we rest a little?"

"No need. We reach the summit soon."

"I know, that's why I want to stop for a bit. Soon means that... there's not much time left."

"Rikku..."

"Fine. I'll think on the way."

"Hey, come on, let's go."

"We are almost there, aren't we?"

"And..."

“Stop it!!!!” Tidus screamed, flying to his feet in a fit of rage, tears streaming from his eyes. Grabbing the gunblade from the ground, he plunged it through Ultimecia’s stomach in one quick thrust, watching as it entered and protruded from the other side with the thick crust of blood upon it.

Ultimecia’s eyes glazed over as she stared down at the gunblade in shock. Tidus backed off suddenly, afraid of himself and what he’d just done. Seifer opened his eyes as if seeing him for the first time as he slowly rose to his feet as well. The teens who had been fighting stared with mouths agape at the sight they saw before them.

Rikku tripped backward, landing firmly into Zell’s arms as a low hum began to form from Ultimecia which grew louder and louder. Her head snapped up suddenly and her eyes focused on Rikku.

“You…promised…” Ultimecia moaned at Rikku as the hum grew louder and louder until it became deafening and the woman’s body exploded, shooting body parts everywhere and onto everything. A breath of white wind flew from were Ultimecia had been standing and seemed to jump into Rikku’s open mouth, having hung agape from her screams.

Then the girl collapsed…

~_~_~_~_
enjoy!

FlyingTomato1

OMFG!!!!!!!Chappie!!!!Koolness!!!Rikku!!!!First Post!!!Yuna!!!Other Peoples!!!RedHarry!!!!
OMFG!!!!!!SO AMWESOMENESS!!!!BRAVURA!!!BRAVURA!!!!redharry is the koolest person in this entire fu**in site!!!!OMG!!
*worships redharry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back