• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Silver Wings 3: Back Into My Arms

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

redharry123

a wanderer
Normally by this point in the story I’m beginning to wrap things up to work my way toward the end but this time around, I’m just getting to the good stuff so this story will be longer than the previous ones in this trilogy. I hope you all enjoy chapter 18.

SILVER WINGS 3: Back Into My Arms

Chapter Eighteen: Between A Rock and A Hard Place

She was staring at him when he opened his eyes, unsure of his surroundings. The hard ground at his back made it uncomfortable for him to stay lying where he was and he carefully rose to a sitting position, but never once did her eyes waver from his visage.

He cleared his throat uncomfortably and feigned a smile, “Hello, Rikku.”

She grinned broadly, “It worked…”

“What worked?” he asked, suddenly very unsure of what she was planning to do to him and equally unsure of how he got here in the first place. Wasn’t he supposed to be gone…?

She rose to her feet and extended her hand to help him to his. Taking it carefully, she pulled him to a standing position and then stared at him again, “You don’t know who I am…but I know all about you.”

He cocked his eyebrow, “I…don’t know you?”

She shook her head, “We never met before, although I dated your cousin for a while. I came to know more about you, however, through your adventures here a few months ago.”

Backing up cautiously, he glared at her, “You stay away from me.”

“Oh come on, Shuyin. Don’t be such a baby!”

Gasping in shock, he gaped openmouthed at the girl in front of him, “Who are you?!”

She smiled at him and turned around slowly as if modeling her clothes, “Well, I’m obviously not Rikku. My name was Rinoa Heartilly but nowadays I go by Ultimecia.”

“And you say you dated my cousin?”

“You know…Squall...” she said sarcastically before sobering, “I was with him for a while. We helped Zaon and Yunalesca defeat Sin but…”

“Did he die?”

She nodded, “But not from Sin. He was killed afterwards, right in front of me.” She stared at him, “He was recreated in the dream world along with everyone else – including me.”

“Well, it makes sense seeing as how you’re dead.”

She rolled her eyes at him, “I’m not dead, you idiot. I’m a sorceress and as such, I am immortal. I can, however, switch bodies and possess when I want and that’s what I’m doing with Rikku. The stupid girl swore to be my host without even questioning what that was.”

“So you have to get permission?”

“No!” Ultimecia snapped, “but I do sometimes so that I can have something to look back on and laugh about.”

It was Shuyin’s turn to roll his eyes at her. He didn’t need this crap. If she could possess anybody then what did she want him for? She already had a body. She didn’t need his...-er…Tidus’…- anyway.

“I’m out of here.” He said with a wave as he turned away from her and saw suddenly that she meant business. Gippal’s crumpled body on the ground was lying exactly how he remembered Baralai’s laying except Gippal’s was covered in thick, red blood. Without taking his eyes off of the man, Shuyin whispered, “Is he dead?”

“He wasn’t a few minutes ago,” she replied, “but anything could have happened by now.”

“What do you want from me? Why are you doing this?”

Ultimecia took a place beside him and stared at Gippal as well although Shuyin was certain she was marveling at her handiwork rather than basking in the dread that was bubbling up inside of his stomach. She glanced at him askance and replied, “As much as I loathe admitting it, your evil matches mine and I need your help in order to complete my plans.”

Shuyin shook his head violently, “I’m not evil.”

“What…?” Ultimecia asked sarcastically, “Are you just confused…? In love, maybe…?” she scoffed at him, “What you did was evil – plain and simple – and I find myself admiring that trait in you. Sleeping with another man’s girlfriend, killing an innocent, threatening the life of said girlfriend, sending your alter-ego back to where he came from…” she grinned, “Brilliant…”

“I only did it because I was going to vanish!” he cried, “I couldn’t deal with that, but I got over it and…and…” he stopped, staring into her eyes, “How did I get here?”

“I told you before that I’m a sorceress,” she replied, “A little wave of my hand and I can bring anybody back that I want. Zaon…Yunalesca…Skirpa…even your precious Lenne.”

“How do you know all this? How do you know about them?!”

“I know all…”

Shuyin stared at Gippal, his hands starting to tremble, “Why did you do this to Gippal?”

A wide and evil grin spread on the face of the woman next to him as she replied, “I needed some insurance. Either you do what I want you to do willingly, or I make you…”

“He’s over here!” Quistis shouted behind her as she – along with her fellow dream residents, Yuna, and Wakka ran to where she had left Seifer with Tidus, “I left Tidus with him.”

Yuna stopped, “Maybe I shouldn’t go then….” She suggested but Wakka just shook her head and pulled her along.

“This isn’t about you guys right now. That Seifer guy might need your help, ya.”

“Right…” said Yuna with a nod.

The group continued along the rocky path, past the waterfalls and the shrine to which travelers prayed for safe passage until they reached the overpass where Seifer had been left. Quistis saw him, still squatting where she’d left him, but…

“Where’s Tidus?” asked Squall as he looked around.

“I don’t know…”

“It doesn’t matter right now!” Rinoa said, running toward her ex-boyfriend until she was a few feet behind him, “Seifer…are you okay?”

Seifer looked at her and smiled, “Hey, Rinny. Why wouldn’t I be okay?”

“Quistis said you…”

“You started screaming like you were in pain!” Quistis interrupted, stalking toward him, “Was it just an act? And what did you do with Tidus?!”

Seifer sneered, “I didn’t do anything with him instructor. I haven’t seen him.”

“Where did he go?!”

Seifer shrugged and squinted his eyes in confusion, “I don’t know…Everything’s really fuzzy right now.”

Yuna nervously played with her fingers as all around her Tidus’ dream world acquaintances argued and pointed blame for Seifer’s strange malady and Tidus’ disappearance. Finally, she had enough and shouted, “Will you all just shut up?!”

The silence was such that a pin could be heard slamming against the ground as all eyes focused on Yuna. With a sigh, she said, “I’m sure Tidus just wandered off by himself seeing as how Seifer is fine. He’s probably on the Celsius or by the beach or something.”

Seifer made an arrogant gesture toward Yuna and said to Quistis, “See…she’s not worried.”

Quistis sneered, “Well, why don’t you tell me why you can’t remember where he went then?”

Seifer shrugged, “I don’t know why I can’t remember. I just don’t, but I’m sure Yuna is right. Tidus probably just wandered off.”

“Exactly,” Yuna said in response, nodding quietly as if trying to convince herself that the growing worry in her stomach was something she could ignore, “I’m going to go and find him.”

“I’ll come with you, ya.”

“We’ll go too.” Squall said, speaking for his group and before Yuna could say another word there was a procession forming toward the beach and she found herself forced to keep moving or be lost in the fray.

“How do you intend on making me?” Shuyin asked after several moments of silence.

Ultimecia grinned and stepped over Gippal’s blood soaked body, sauntering confidently toward the bar to pour herself a shot of bourbon, “Tidus is just so angry at Yuna and Gippal these days. Imagine finding his way back to her only to be told that she was messing around with her cousins’ man…” Ultimecia turned back to him and used Rikku’s mouth to form a grin, “How horrible!” she said, feigning horrification.

“Yuna wouldn’t do that.” Shuyin said simply.

“Oh yes she would,” Ultimecia replied, “and Tidus knows it.” She stopped and stared at him for a moment, “Do you remember what I told Tidus or can you not access his memories anymore?”

Shuyin glared at her, “What I remember is really none of your business.”

“So you can’t access them…” answered Ultimecia of her own question, “No matter. It’s not important. You’ll still do what I want you to do.”

“And why are you so sure of that?”

Ultimecia stepped toward him again, letting her foot slam into Gippal’s left hand. Shuyin cringed as he heard bones cracking beneath the weight but the man didn’t move and he felt a lump forming in his throat.

Was Gippal dead…?

“Tidus is so angry at Gippal. Tidus blames Gippal for the rift between him and his beloved.” She let her eyes wander Shuyin’s form before she grinned and whispered, “Now Tidus is found alone in a room with Gippal’s bloody and decrepit body…” she hissed, “Do the math…”

“Tidus?! Are you in here?!”

Shuyin gasped and backed up but Ultimecia was right in front of him, pinning him to the wall, “Don’t be in such a rush there, handsome.” She whispered in his ear like a lover, “Playtime is just beginning.”

“What do you mean?” he choked back, his eyes torn between Gippal’s body and the eyes that Ultimecia used to peer at him.

“You can’t get away with this without my help. You’re covered in his blood and you’re in the room with his body.” She stared at him, “Everyone will think you are guilty. It’s a much more foolproof plan than when you framed Gippal…”

“I didn’t mean to…”

“Hush yourself.” She ordered, “I will help you get out of this if you promise to help me.”

”Tidus?!”

The footsteps were getting closer now and Shuyin found it hard to breathe, “What do you want me to do?”

“We’ll worry about that later.” She replied, releasing him, “For now, just know that as long as you play my game I’ll get you out of here a free man and, providing you play your cards right, I might be of a mind to give you your girlfriend back too.” She held his gaze for several seconds, “Do we have a deal?”

The doorknob slowly began to turn and Shuyin fixed a panicked stare on it before looking back at Ultimecia. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place. If he said no, he’d be sent to jail for a crime he didn’t commit. Even worse, he could be killed by the furious people about to storm in. If he said yes, he stood a chance and – no matter how many times he tried to convince himself otherwise – the chance of having Lenne back was quite a tempting bargaining chip. Swallowing his pride, he nodded hesitantly in agreement, wishing with all his might that he was back in Zanarkand with Lenne before all of this shit started to happen in the first place.

Why did this always happen to him?!

“Excellent…” Ultimecia whispered as a pale white light started to form around Rikku’s body, “Then I’ll see you soon, dear Shuyin…”

And it was almost surreal. The door flung open and Rikku’s limp body slammed into the floor at the same time as all eyes stared at the sight before them. Gippal’s bloody body, Rikku’s thin form, and a trembling and crying blonde blitzball player covered in blood, knowing that he’d just made a deal with the devil.

~_~_~_~
...DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!

Golden_x_Heart

my, i didnt realize being gone for a few days would make me miss this many chappies...wel, im caught up now, and thats all that matters!
AND ALL OF TEH CHAPPY WERE EXCELLENT BT TEH WAY RED!!
i lurve how you make us think one thing, but then u always manage to change it up into something completely different.
your such an amazing writer - total JEALOUSY!!
but, its okay, as long as you keep sharing your amazingness with us, im good!
so, update soon please!
DARN YOU AND YER CLIFFIES!
<3

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
Me: YAY! Upadte=^_^= If I didn't know better, I'd say you were Catalina... are you?O.O
Gem: Catalina is a girl who wrote sink to the bottom with you from Final Fantasy VII
Nanala:... Ultemicia didn't help Shuying at all since Tidus/Shuyin is still there unless Ultemicia went into Tidus' body and acted like Rikku killed or almost killed Gippal >.<
Thea:... That's alot of words from you, Nanala..>.>

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
*blinks....* okay now what is goin on again, Im really beginning to get confused. Must understand chappy. *hits head against computer screen* owwwwh....

redharry123

a wanderer
Poor Shuyin…first he dies, then he messes up trying to get Lenne, then he “dies” again, and now he’s got Ultimecia to contend with. Unfortunately for our little “anti-hero”, this isn’t all he has to deal with.

SILVER WINGS 3: Back Into My Arms

Chapter Nineteen: Fool Me Twice, Shame on Me

“Arrest him!”

“Bastard!”

“Son of a bitch!”

“How could you?!”

Shouts, pokes, prods, and angry hisses came at him from every angle but the reaction that affected Shuyin the most was Yuna’s. She stood quietly in the corner, wringing her hands together and letting silent tears fall from her eyes and pool at her feet. Her eyes flickered over his for a brief moment before they fell away again. He wanted to tell her that he didn’t do it. He wanted to tell her that not only was Tidus innocent, but he was as well. He wanted to tell her that he wasn’t Tidus, but he thought better of it. They wanted to draw and quarter him as Tidus. If they knew he was Shuyin, things would only get worse.

Wakka’s fist connected with his skull first followed by the red-head’s foot, “We trusted you, ya! How could you do something so stupid?!”

Squall’s eyes flashed as he pulled his gunblade on him. Shuyin hadn’t seen his cousin in years and, although this was a dream version, everything about him was the same as his introverted cousin.

Especially his gunblade…

He knew that Squall didn’t mince words. With one sweep of the blade, Shuyin knew he’d be dead and he closed his eyes to accept his fate when he heard a small whisper, “Don’t…”

It was Yuna’s voice and it was weak with her tears, but she stepped forward bravely and placed two fingers on Rikku’s neck, and then on Gippal’s, “They aren’t dead.” She said finally.

Rinoa stepped next to Yuna, “Shall we?” she asked and at Yuna’s nod the two women released cure spells simultaneously. Shuyin still felt his cousin’s gunblade at his neck but he realized that Squall was watching the show before him, his eyes firmly glued on the beautiful brunette beside Yuna.

His mind flashed back to the last time he had seen his cousin.

It was a few months before he had met Lenne and Squall had just become a SeeD. In celebration, Shuyin had attended the party afterward and was leaning against the wall with Squall watching the girls – although he doubted Squall was doing much more than staring into his wine glass.

“You want some more?” he had asked and Squall had grunted in reply and handed his glass over. Shuyin hadn’t really wanted another drink. He’d actually wanted to talk to the pretty waitress that was handing them out and he used the excuse to his advantage.

The music changed while he was talking to the girl and when he’d cast a glance back over to Squall he saw that his cousin was being dragged onto the dance floor by a beautiful girl in a gold dress who had vanished into thin air moments after the song ended.

It was the same girl who was casting spells with Yuna.

Rinoa Heartilly and…

Ultimecia…

Rikku stirred slowly after a few rounds of cure but Gippal remained motionless and he felt Squall’s gunblade pressing more firmly into his neck. He leaned down and his dream cousin hissed, “I should kill you now, but for some reason I can’t. I guess I’m just getting soft…”

“Call Cid. Get help.” Yuna ordered Wakka and the red-head ran to carry out the command. She cleared the space between herself and Shuyin in a moment and raised her hand to Squall’s wrist, pulling the blade slowly away from Shuyin’s neck. Squall backed away obediently and let Yuna kneel before Shuyin. Her eyes delved into his as if searching for some hidden truths that Shuyin desperately wished he could give her but knew that – for her own sake and his – he couldn’t.

“Cid will be here soon.” Wakka said as he came back into the room, “He’s with Shinra picking up some things in Kilika. Buddy and Brother are going to get them.”

Yuna nodded, but didn’t remove her eyes from Shuyin. There was a slight flicker in her eyes that Shuyin didn’t remember seeing before and she rocked back on her heels ever so slightly before a strange expression manifested itself on her features and then vanished just as quickly.

A smirk…?

…No…

It couldn’t be…

Could it…?

Shuyin figured that he must be losing his mind. Or maybe he’d lost it long ago. He just didn’t understand what was going on and why shit always seemed to happen to him. When the fayth had told him he’d merge with Tidus and vanish, they hadn’t said there was an out for him. They hadn’t said that someone with power could bring him back. Why didn’t they? Didn’t they know that could happen?

But they had to have known! They were fayth! They created dream Zanarkand and Tidus along with it. They had to have known all the loopholes that came along with that.

Right…?

And who was this Ultimecia person? The girlfriend standing across from Squall now seemed like a nice girl. Shuyin would never guess that under that beautiful exterior beat the heart of an evil witch. Of course, that evil wasn’t there yet. Squall hadn’t died and so Rinoa hadn’t become Ultimecia. Shuyin couldn’t wrap his mind around any of this.

With a little wave of her hand, she could bring anyone back…?

Was that even possible? Was she telling him the truth? Was she lying? Was she trying to trick him into helping her or was she offering him Lenne for real? And if it was true, was she referring to Lenne or was she talking about someone else…?

What was Ultimecia planning…?

"Frana yna drao?"

“Uncle Cid?!” Yuna called at the recognition of her uncle’s voice. Her eyes never wavered from Shuyin’s, “We’re in here.”

Cid came storming in and brushed violently passed the teenagers that stood in his way. He was followed closely behind by Brother, Buddy, and Shinra. Shuyin tried to slide away from him on the floor but Squall was quicker and grabbed the neckline of his shirt, pulling Shuyin to a standing position just in time for Cid to punch him hard in the gut, “You damn bastard!” the elder cursed, slugging him again for good measure, “I could just kill ya for what you’ve done, but I won’t. Yuna wouldn’t be happy with me if I did.”

Shuyin’s eyes were watering as he caught sight of a streak of black hair running passed the room in the corridor and then turning in his tracks upon realizing he’d missed the room. Laguna didn’t look any different than he had in the real Zanarkand except that this uncle was staring at him like he’d never seen him before. Shuyin supposed that was true.

Tidus had never killed anyone…

“H…h…how…?” Laguna stammered.

Squall shook his head at Laguna and pressed his gunblade more firmly against Shuyin’s neck, “Don’t waste your breath on him.” He ordered Laguna before turning his eyes to Cid, “You seem to be the law around here. What do you want to do with him?”

Cid grunted, “I’m not the law around here, but I sure as hell won’t let the attack on my daughter and her beau go unpunished.” Turning to Brother, Buddy, and Shinra the quartet spoke in hushed voices.

“Fryd cruimt fa tu fedr res?” Cid asked.

Brother shouted loudly, pointing with wild gusto at Shuyin, “E cyo fa gemm res pavuna ra gemmc ykyeh!”

“Fa cruimt mad dra zicdela cocdas tu edc zup.” Came the calm voice of Shinra.

Buddy cocked an eyebrow, “Cu, oui drehg fa cruimt ynnacd res?”

Cid grunted again and turned back to Squall and Shuyin, “It’s been decided.” He said, stepping closer to Shuyin and glaring down at him. He motioned for Squall to back away which the brunette did with the utmost caution as the elder stood staring down at Shuyin. The blitzer wanted to back away but found himself stuck between the angry Al Bhed and a wall.

Cid leaned down and grabbed Shuyin by the shirt, lifting the man to his feet and spinning him around so his face slammed hard into the wall, “I may not be a recognized law official in Yevon territory,” Cid whispered into Shuyin’s ear, “but I don’t think anybody is going to mind if I take you into custody myself.” With a hand firmly placed on the back of Shuyin’s head, Cid pinned him against the wall, and forced his hands behind his back where Cid firmly held them both within his iron grip.

“Tidus Rayor, you are under arrest for the attempted murder of Rikku Denel and Gippal Liton. You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to an attorney…”

As Cid spoke, Shuyin’s mind wandered. He couldn’t believe the situation he was in. He hadn’t done anything wrong (at least not lately) and here he was being arrested for trying to kill two people when in actuality the one person wasn’t hurt at all because it was she who had shoved the other guy down the stairs while possessed by a sorceress who was supposed to be dead. They had to be told! They had to believe him!

What was he thinking…?

He didn’t even believe it!

“Uncle Cid…” Yuna spoke after Cid had finished going on about what Shuyin was allowed to do, “Shouldn’t we tend to Rikku and Gippal first?”

Cid paused and frowned down at his daughter and Gippal who were still in their positions on the floor. Rinoa, Quistis, and Selphie were tending to them as best as they could, but they really needed a doctor. Without releasing his grip on Shuyin, Cid turned to Buddy, “Call Tony. Tell him we need him here as fast as he can.”

“Who’s Tony?” Yuna asked as Buddy ran to do his task.

“He’s an expert Al Bhed doctor. He’ll have them up and walking around in no time.” Cid replied, but with a tone that led Shuyin to believe he was trying to convince himself of that. Cid wrenched Shuyin around to face the doorway, “And as for you, you’re coming with me.”

Shuyin didn’t even want to fight it anymore. He was going to take the fall for this and even if Ultimecia did come to help him, it wouldn’t matter. She was only going to force him to do something even worse – of that he was sure.

Squall’s gunblade was still in his hand at the ready and Shuyin briefly wondered if he should just impale himself on it and end this misery quickly, but before he could make that decision he heard Yuna’s weak voice again, “Uncle Cid…”

“Yes girl?” Cid questioned.

“I’d really prefer it if you’d take care of Rikku and Gippal first,” she explained.

“And what about Tidus?”

Yuna sneered at the blitzer in her uncle’s captivity, “Just leave…Tidus…with me. I’ll watch him.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, Yuna…”

Yuna put her hand up to silence any complaints, “I insist on this. I need to talk to him alone and I’m fully capable of taking care of myself should the need arise.”

Cid looked around the room as all eyes focused on him for the final decision. Gruffly, he nodded his ascent and threw Shuyin back down onto the floor, “You touch a hair on her head and you won’t live long enough to know what pain feels like.”

Shuyin nodded dumbly and watched in muted awe as several of the men carried Gippal and Rikku out of the room while the rest followed single file out the door. Yuna followed them most of the way but stopped short of walking through the portal and Shuyin watched as she took a ragged breath and closed it quietly. She let her head land gently against it in almost a forlorn expression of lost hope. He wanted to run to her and tell her that everything was okay, but he couldn’t.

He knew Cid would kill him if he touched her…

“Is he okay…?” whispered Yuna, so low that Shuyin almost couldn’t hear her. He didn’t respond and instead stared at the lovely lines of her neck until she lifted her head and turned slightly to face him. With a deep breath, she asked a little louder, “Is he okay…?”

Shuyin instantly felt his hackles rise and he wasn’t sure why, but he felt like he needed to protect himself from an attack he felt was eminent, “Is who okay…?” he asked cautiously.

“You know who I’m talking about…”

Shuyin let out a sigh of relief. He should have known Yuna was worried about Gippal – especially after what Ultimecia had told him transpired between the two. He still found it hard to believe that Yuna – his Lenne – would do something like that, but he supposed that he’d have to believe it. He wasn’t sure what Ultimecia had done to Tidus because he hadn’t heard from his body-mate since he’d suddenly woken up in the Celsius, but he knew that Tidus firmly believed what he’d been told about Yuna and Gippal.

Tidus wouldn’t believe something about Yuna that maligned her character unless there was reason.

“You said yourself that he’s alive.” Shuyin replied to her.

Yuna shook her head and her brunette locks brushed her cheeks softly, “I’m not talking about Gippal…”

Shuyin froze and Yuna took a step closer to him, followed by another and another until she was mere inches from him. He could feel his hands starting to tremble as she knelt in front of him, “W…wh…who are you talking a…a…about?” he stammered.

“Don’t play dumb with me!” she suddenly shrieked, slamming her hand into the wall above his head so hard he was afraid she’d broken it, “Just tell me if he’s okay!”

“W…w…who…?” he asked again, although he was relatively sure he knew who she was referring to now.

Her lower lip began to quiver and she reached forward to grip his shirt in her fist, pulling him closer to her until he could feel her ragged breath on his face, “Stop the games, Shuyin.” She hissed, “Is Tidus okay?”

AL BHED TRANSLATION

Frana yna drao?: Where are they?

Fryd cruimt fa tu fedr res?: What should we do with him?

E cyo fa gemm res pavuna ra gemmc ykyeh!: I say we kill him before he kills again!

Fa cruimt mad dra zicdela cocdas tu edc zup.: We should let the justice system do its job.

Cu, oui drehg fa cruimt ynnacd res?: So, you think we should arrest him?

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
Me: Second technicly since he didn't die when he went to teh dream world!*sweat*.. Unless... of course you are talking about another time he died? O-o Kweh?.. lol, I confised myself!! Now I'm not sure! :XP:
Gem: You love to make points out of stuff, don't you..?>.>

Noezel7

well i was talking about what yuna thought. she did see him "die" three times. oh, Redharry, go to my fan fic for the specifications of your mision. TG if you want to join our effort of conquest, you can! We will spare Canada if you do:D

redharry123

a wanderer
ok i can't resist..i'm posting another chapter! lol i love all my fans so much! ^_^

All I'm going to say is this...Remember how Gippal is half Yevonite?
Chapter Twenty: An Eye Opening Event
She had called him Shuyin…

She knew…?

How…?

His mind was swimming and his hands were shaking. Neither of them spoke. The silence between them was permeating every crevice the room had to offer and still it continued until Shuyin could take it no longer. The morbid curiosity had gotten to him and he whispered, "How did you know…?"

Yuna stood before him and scoffed, "Whenever there's a murder around here, it's usually got your name on it."

"But…I didn't…"

"Shutup!" Yuna shouted, effectively silencing any retort he had in mind, "I don't want to hear your lies! I just want to know if Tidus is okay and what you did with him!"

"I didn't do anything to him!" Shuyin replied, "I swear!"

Yuna sneered at him, "Then where is he? Why is he gone? Why are you here? Why are there two unconscious people in need of medical attention?"

And so Shuyin began to talk…

He told her about his intent to send Tidus back to the dream world in his anger at the thought of vanishing, then his sudden change of mind at the end. He told her that he blanked out shortly after letting Tidus take over and the next thing he remembered was waking up in that very room. He told her about how Ultimecia was possessing Rikku and she is the one that had attacked Gippal in her plan to regain her lover.

Yuna stared at him for several minutes after Shuyin had stopped speaking. He wasn't sure what her reaction was. She was wearing an indiscernible expression on her pretty face. She blinked sharply several times and then finally whispered, "So you're telling me that my cousin is possessed by a psychotic sorceress determined to retrieve her lost lover and that you're just an innocent victim in all of this?"

Shuyin squinted as he waited for the explosion that he knew was about to occur.

He didn't have to wait long…

"Do you think I'm some sort of an idiot?!" she raged, rising to her feet and stalking around the room in a fury, "The only psychotic dead person here is you!"

"B…but…!"

"I don't want to hear it. Don't you think you've done enough to me? To everybody?!" Yuna seethed, storming toward the door and laying a hand firmly on the knob, "I'm going to tell them who you are. Then we're going to get Tidus back and make sure you never get free again to cause more pain and destruction." She narrowed her eyes and lowered her voice, "But if, for some reason, you do manage to get back, I swear to you this Shuyin…I'll make you regret it."

Panic had set in on the streets of Besaid as the injured were carried to Wakka's hut to await medical attention. No one said anything, least of all Seifer Almasy. He felt responsible for what had happened. It was his fault that Tidus had managed to get to the two Al Bheds so easily.

If only he hadn't been so spacey.

Why couldn't he remember what happened?

It was as if his mind was a sieve and all logical thought and comprehension was falling through the cracks. He'd never felt this way before. His mind had completely closed him out and it was a frightening experience to lose time the way he had. What had transpired in the black abyss of his mind between the initial conversation with Tidus and coming to only to find Rinoa's concerned eyes looking back at him?

He had to remember…

Though the only person with the guts enough to admit it was Quistis, he knew that everyone else from Balamb Garden thought that he was responsible for this act of violence. Seifer was used to being the black sheep of the group. He'd grown up dealing with that. Squall was the hero and Seifer was the enemy. That was how it had always been between them and how it was always to be. Only this time Seifer was innocent and he didn't know how to prove it. He couldn't remember what had happened and judging from Squall's ice cold cerulean stare, that just wasn't a good enough excuse.

Seifer stopped just outside of the hut and let the others pass him by, including Rinoa who seemed lost in her own world. He knew that he wouldn't be welcomed in that hut. The shadow of doubt had descended upon him and only he was going to be able to lift it.

The question was how…

Since walking had always helped his thought processes, Seifer made his way down the dusty path that led to the structure that seemed to have the entire town built around it. Everyone had referred to it as a temple and it did appear to be a place of some sort of religious worship, but he hadn't seen anyone inside – or around it for that matter – worshiping anything. As he got closer, he saw cobwebs beginning to form around the entrance in the upper corners as if it had been ignored for quite a while. There were people mulling about outside of it and even a few who had dared enter, but the place seemed to have remained relatively abandoned.

He was inexplicably drawn to it, much like a moth to a flame. The tattered remains of his gray trench coat whipped at his heels as he sought shelter from the breeze inside the temple. The stone entranceway gave his feet ample room to echo.

Seifer didn't realize that the entrance to the trials was barred since Yuna had defeated Sin. He wasn't aware that someone was to be guarding the door against trespassers, therefore when he saw no one there he didn't think it would be wrong of him to enter. It is, of course, where he wanted – needed – to go.

He let the door close quietly behind him as he made his way along the stone pathways that made up the Cloister of Trials. They had not been reset since Yuna's passage through so he made his way back toward the Chamber of the Fayth with relative ease, barring a few fiends he had to battle along the way. He arrived at the Chamber of the Fayth within the half hour and opened the door slowly to allow himself entrance.

"I was hoping you'd come at my call…"

Seifer spun around toward the voice that came from behind him and saw Ellone garbed in her usual attire. His emerald eyes widened, "Sis? What are you doing here? I thought we'd lost you…"

"I am a fayth," Ellone responded, "but that is inconsequential right now. What is important is that lies have been told and they must be set right."

Seifer's hand went to the handle of his gunblade unconsciously, "What lies…?"

"Questions were asked and lies were told to cover a truth that would cause more pain." Ellone explained, "The truth seems more of a lie than the lie does, and that is why my fellow fayth told it. He created a new story to explain that which he knew Yuna and her companions would never understand. You must help me set it right, and in exchange I will let you and your friends stay…"

Seifer scoffed, "Is this more of that 'dream' shit that I heard Squall talking about? I didn't believe it then, and I don't believe it now."

"But you must believe it. In three weeks, you and your friends will disappear…"

Seifer sneered, "So some other guy told a fib and you actually think I'm going to help you fix it?" he laughed, "You're talking to the king fib teller, Sis. I've got my own issues to worry about."

"You must help me…"

Seifer groaned, "Just what do you expect me to do? I don't even know what the hell you're talking about!"

"You are important, Seifer." Ellone insisted, "She will use you again and you must be prepared for it. Only you know who she is! Once you figure this out, you will know the rest of her plans."

Seifer lifted a hand to his head, "Wait a second…" he said, "just a minute ago you were talking about how you want me to help you fix a lie and now you want me to figure out about somebody's plans…? What are you talking about?!"

"I want you to do both…"

"Why me, Sis?" Seifer asked with a roll of his eyes, "I'm the black sheep…"

"True," Ellone conceded, "but if you do this then you will become the hero."

"Fine…tell me what you want me to do."

Ellone cocked his head to the side, "I wish I could tell you exactly what to do, Seifer, but I can't. I shouldn't even be doing this. The lie is, perhaps, best for everyone and interfering with the fate of Spira is strictly forbidden."

"Then why are you doing it?"

"I don't want to watch any more pain…"

"Why me…?"

Ellone walked forward and touched his cheek gently with an outstretched hand and replied with a smile, "Because I have faith in you. I know you'll be able to do this, Seifer. Everyone is depending on you."

"So…what now?"

"I'll give you two hints. I know you'll be able to figure it out from them." Ellone said with a smile, "Hint number one is about the lie. Yuna and her friends think 1 plus 1 equals 2, but in reality 2 becomes 1."

Seifer cocked an eyebrow, "What the hell…?"

"Hint number two is about the person who will use you again. A blind lion catches no owl."

"Sis! That doesn't make any sense!" Seifer cried as Ellone started to fade into the light that began to surround her.

"Think, Seifer. The answers are before you. Do this, and you can stay!"

Her face felt damp and clammy. Her entire body ached as though she'd just suffered a horrible beating. She was tired…

So infinitely tired…

Slowly opening her eyes to the world that surrounded her, Rikku first noticed that her vision was blurred and the world around her seemed to be spinning. The group in the room hadn't noticed her awakening. They were too focused on whoever was in the other bed. She heard demands for a doctor and orders for hot water and bandages. Someone asked how long Yuna was going to be. Someone else suggested going to see if she was okay. Then another said that Tidus should die for what he'd done.

Rikku squinted.

What Tidus had done…?

What was going on…?

She tried to sit up but it was an unsuccessful attempt. It did, however, draw attention to the fact that she had awakened. Her father rushed over to her, "You okay, girl?"

"My head hurts…" Rikku replied, rubbing her temples softly as she squinted against the light, "What happened?"

"We were hoping you could tell us that, ya." Responded Wakka, "We've got our suspicions, ya, but we were hoping you could verify them. Don't want another false accusation like the Baralai thing."

Rikku instantly perked up and, sitting cross legged on the bed she found herself perched upon, gazed wonderingly at Wakka, "A false accusation of what…?"

"Attempted murder."

Rikku gasped and lifted a startled hand to her mouth. Closing her eyes for a moment, she tried to remember what had happened to her but there was nothing. Only blackness surrounded what had happened between Tidus killing Ultimecia and her waking up here.

Wait...!
"Is Tidus on trial for killing that sorceress person?!" Rikku cried, lifting herself onto her knees to kneel on the bed before her father and friends, "He saved us all! You can't hold him accountable for that!"

"This isn't about Ultimecia." Squall said, motioning for Rinoa and Quistis to step away and give Rikku a view of Gippal, "It's about him."

Rikku gasped and fairly flew off of her perch and to Gippal's side. The wounds on his face had been cleaned and cared for to the best of Quistis' and Rinoa's abilities, but his face was still bloodied and swollen from the attack. His hair was dried and matted with blood and some of the more superficial scrapes were crusting over with a mixture of scab and dried blood. She ran her fingers tenderly through his hair. She knew she should have still been mad at him, but she couldn't really figure out why. Why did it even matter what he had done with Yuna anyway? She wasn't with Gippal at the time. She had no right to be jealous or angry. She loved Gippal and that was all that mattered, especially at that very moment.

"Gippal…" she whispered, lowering her lips to his ear, "Wake up…" He didn't move even though she gently cajoled him every so often with whispered words of encouragement. Finally, she lifted her eyes and asked, "What happened to him?"

"Frana ec dra bydeahd?"

Cid patted his daughter's head gently and then walked to the door of Wakka's hut to answer the voice that was heard outside. Rikku hadn't seen Tony – the Al Bhed's best doctor – in several years, but she recognized him instantly. If anybody could save Gippal, Tony could.

And she silently prayed that he could…

Tony walked over toward Gippal and gave Rikku a tight smile from his pursed lips before motioning for her to move from her place beside him. He placed his large, black duffle bag in her place and began to root through it until he pulled out a stethoscope, some rubbing alcohol, bandages, and a small flashlight.

While Tony worked on Gippal's wounds, Rikku walked over to her father, "What happened to him?" she asked again, this time determined not to be interrupted.

Cid lowered his gaze, "Tidus…"

"What about Tidus?"

"Tidus…tried to kill him." Cid said, lifting his eyes to gaze into Rikku's, "He tried to kill him…and you."

Rikku's legs started to give out from under her and she stumbled but was caught in Buddy's firm grip as he jumped to ensure she didn't fall to the ground. Lifting a weak hand to her forehead, Rikku whispered, "Tidus…he…he wouldn't!"

"But he did." Cid insisted.

Rikku shook her head more firmly this time. She had to convince her father that there was some sort of mistake. Pushing herself to a standing position free from Buddy's helping hand, her eyes searched the room for Yuna. Yuna would make Cid understand. Yuna would convince him.

But Yuna wasn't there.

"Where's Yuna…?"

"She insisted on speaking to Tidus alone on the Celsius." Replied Cid with a shake of his head, "I just hope that girl's okay alone with him."

Rikku shrieked, "Why wouldn't she be?! She's been alone with him hundreds of times! He'd never hurt her!!"

"Well if you listened to Yuna, he wouldn't hurt anybody but he sure as hell hurt you and Gippal!" shouted Cid, motioning frantically toward Gippal, "And if he dies, I'm going to make Tidus wish he'd never been dreamt up!"

Tony turned to them and glared, "Stop the shouting. It isn't helping anything." The doctor flicked the knob on the flashlight and shone it at Cid and then Rikku before motioning down toward Gippal's face, "Was his eye injured or does he wear the patch all the time?"

Rikku shrugged, "Why don't you know that? Aren't you his doctor?"

Tony shook his head and replied arrogantly, "I'm the best doctor in Home. I'm not cheap. He probably couldn't afford me." Then he sneered, "Are you going to answer my question or not?"

"He's worn it as long as I've known him." Rikku replied, pushing a stray strand of hair from her eye, "He said he poked his eye out with a pencil as a toddler."

"Very well." Tony replied, opening Gippal's free eye and examining it thoroughly with the flashlight, "Then it won't hinder his recovery if I take it off to examine his other eye."

"Why bother, though? It's a dead eye. What's it going to tell you?" Cid asked.

Tony stared at him without emotion, "Don't ask questions. I work, you pay. That's the way of it."

Rikku wandered a little closer. Curiosity was getting the better of her. She'd never seen Gippal without his patch and it was an opportunity she couldn't pass up. Watching as Tony's fingers lifted the elastic band and slowly pulled the patch from Gippal's eye, she smiled. Gippal managed to always look handsome, even when he was covered in dried blood. Rikku giggled at her own ridiculous thought. Handsome…in dried blood? Wait till she told him that one when he woke up. He'd think it was just as funny as she did.

Tony slowly lifted Gippal's long closed eyelid and Rikku's smile faded just as slowly, as if she was caught in the slow motion section of a movie. Gippal's eye wasn't damaged. Gippal's eye was in perfect condition. In perfect condition…

And brown…

AL BHED TRANSLATION

Frana ec dra bydeahd?: Where is the patient?

Noezel7

Dun dun dun!!!! good chappy redharry! ok so yuna is as smart as i thought she was but i wounldn't trust shuyin either after trying to kill the man i loved.

redharry123

a wanderer
ya, but shuyin and yuna get <.<....closer >.>....if ya know wat i mean lol. but no worries.. TIDUS WILL PREVAIL! ....i think....and SEY- nevermind..thats later on in the story......much later on.....long long time.......i'll post the next chapter...um......in a couple hours...lol

Kairi&Sora 4ever

On the vast beaches of Destiny Islands awaiting hi
good chap! aw i love shuyin...i mean i kno hes a maniac who tried to kill all of spira..and ruin yuna and tidus's lives ...and killed baralai but i mean he was kind of left to rot in a cave and have to see the girl he loved killed...i think id be pretty pissed if i were him too..and plus he just so cute! alright ill just shut up now lol :eek: *goes to sit in corner to wait for next chappy*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back