• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Silver Wings 3: Back Into My Arms

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

redharry123

a wanderer
more?....MORE YOU SAY!?...WELL...OK THEN! I'LL POST MORE! YAY!

by akksgurl

Chapter Fourteen: The Truth Shall Set You Free

An explosion shook the floor of the Cloister of Trials forcing Gippal and Yuna to the ground. Covering their heads with their arms to prevent falling debris from connecting with their skulls, the duo squirmed on all fours to an over hang to wait for the shaking floor to calm.

“Are you okay?” Gippal asked Yuna.

Yuna nodded, “I…I think so.” She returned, “What was that?”

“I don’t know…” Gippal replied, slowly rising to his feet, “I just hope that Rikku’s okay…”

Falling in step together, Yuna and Gippal continued their creeping along the Cloister until they discovered a pathway that led below. The path twisted and turned and seemed to go on forever. Yuna was beginning to wonder if they should go back for help when Gippal suddenly dropped to his knees and started pawing at a wall. Raising a skeptical eyebrow at the man, Yuna knelt down beside him, “What are you doing?” she asked.

He turned to her, shocked at her close proximity that led to their lips being mere inches apart. Backing off slightly, Gippal faked nonchalance at her presence and replied, “There’s something here.”

“What is it?”

Gippal worked his fingers into a crevice in the wall and bit his bottom lip, “Give me a hand with this, Yuna. I think it pulls open.”

Tentatively, Yuna dug her fingers into the crevice just above Gippal’s hands and the two braced themselves to pull together. The wall creaked and groaned but moved relatively easily and the duo found themselves staring down at a darkened corridor with a set of stairs that led to a lower level than Yuna had ever knew existed.

“Is this another way to Vegnagun?” Gippal wondered aloud as he rose to his feet and took a step toward the stairs.

Yuna grabbed his shoulder, “Maybe we should go back and get some help?”

Gippal shook his head and hissed venomously, “If you’re scared than stay behind, but I’m going down there to find out what the hell is going on!” He disappeared into the darkened abyss of the corridor leaving Yuna no other option but to follow behind him wondering if she was making the right choice.

Yuna’s eyes tried to focus in the darkness but all she could see was shadows against the wall. She wasn’t sure how they were getting there since there was no light, but there was something about this place that seemed to defy normality and the laws of nature. Reaching out, she placed a hand on Gippal’s shoulder and the man in front of her paused and let her catch up.

“Stay close…” he whispered to her, lacing his fingers through hers and gently tugging on them to let her know that he was moving forward again. Hand in hand, the duo continued their careful trek down the stairs that curled around the walls that surrounded it.

“Where are we, Gippal?” she asked him, leaning forward to whisper the words in his ear.

Gippal stopped suddenly and his body pressed up against hers. He placed his free hand over her mouth and indicated for silence. Yuna strained her ears to hear what Gippal was hearing and she thought it sounded like whispering. He let go of her hand and leaned in close to her, “Stay here and stay quiet. I’ll be right back.”

She felt his presence leaving her side as she waited. She didn’t like that he had left her alone in this dark and dank place. After several minutes, Yuna became fed up and worried about Gippal. Reaching out with her hands, the brunette carefully continued down the stairs in the direction that Gippal had traveled. A breeze circled up the stairs before her and Yuna wondered if there was some sort of trap that Gippal had fallen into. The voices got louder the further she traveled, but she still wasn’t able to make out what they were saying. The thick stone walls were seeing to that.

A light flickered ahead of her and she wanted to call out for Gippal but she was worried. What if someone had taken him hostage? She didn’t want to make herself an easy target. Firmly planting one of her hands on her gun and the other on the wall to hold her steady, Yuna continued to blindly stumble along the path as the light and the breeze became more prevalent. The voices were also beginning to take shape. Some were distinctly male while others were distinctly female. All of the voices sounded upset and angry.

“….she….ake?”

“I….ow.”

Yuna stopped and pressed her ear against the wall.

“Don’t move her!” shouted a voice.

“I didn’t!”

Yuna took a few more steps toward the light ahead of her with her ear still firmly planted against the wall. Someone was hurt. Was it Rikku?

“Geez dude!” scolded one of the voices, “You were pretty wild with that gunblade. What were you thinking anyway? You could have gotten your girlfriend killed!”

“She’s not my girlfriend…”

Yuna stopped in mid-step, her breath caught in her throat. Her heart pounded the blood between her ears until the only sound she heard was that sentence repeated ad infinitum in her mind.

“Tidus…” Yuna breathed, positive that the voice belonged to her former guardian. Without much of a care in the world, Yuna began to bound down the stairs toward the small flicker of light that grew larger with every step she took. She was moving so quickly and with such determination, she barely noticed a second set of footsteps approaching her or a shadowy figure coming toward her from the light until she slammed right into the muscular chest of Gippal. The thud of their heads connecting caused grunts of pain from the two of them. Yuna tried to grab onto something, but the force of her body shoving against his caused Gippal to lose his footing. He kicked out and his foot wrapped itself around Yuna’s leg, pulling the brunette down with him as they tumbled the remaining few feet down the stairs and rolled into the large room that was lit from the overhead lamps where they stopped with Yuna and Gippal sprawled out on the floor, dazed and confused.

The first thing Tidus realized was that two people had fallen head over heels into the room. He could see long limbs, blonde and brown hair, and hands groping around trying to figure out how to untangle themselves from each other.

The next thing Tidus realized was that he recognized one of the legs.

“Yuna?!” he cried, momentarily forgetting that her cousin was lying unconscious on the floor. The leg he recognized straightened instantly and suddenly the other person was shoved violently away. Tidus recognized Gippal then.

Yuna jumped to her feet and jumped into his arms, spinning the both of them around in her haste. Her lips crashed down upon his in a fury as her arms wrapped tightly and possessively around his neck and his own around her waist. They stood there, embracing and kissing, for several seconds until Gippal tapped them on the shoulders, “Um…sorry to interrupt, but what did you do to Rikku?!” he asked, rather sarcastically.

Tidus reluctantly pulled away from Yuna, “She passed out after we killed Ultimecia.”

“You did what?!” Yuna shrieked, a hand coming firmly to stop over her mouth in a look of surprise.

“We killed Ultimecia.” Squall supplied.

Yuna wrinkled her nose at Tidus, “Why did you do that?! She’s the New Yevon Praetoress!”

“What?!”

“She was Baralai’s replacement.” Explained Gippal, “Why’d you kill her?”

“She was trying to destroy the world!” Selphie chirped, swinging her nunchaku around her head in her excitement.

“Tidus…” Yuna whispered as she leaned her head closer to Tidus, “Who are these people?”

Tidus cleared his throat and introduced each person in his entourage to Yuna and Gippal one by one. Hand shakes and one big hug were given by Zell, Quistis, Irvine, Laguna, Ellone, Rinoa and Selphie. Curt nods came from Seifer and Squall.

Yuna stared at Rinoa for several seconds as did Gippal. Neither said a word, but looked at each other in mute surprise. Tidus cocked an eyebrow at her, “What is it?”

“N…nothing…” Yuna said, tearing her eyes away from Rinoa, “Y…yeah, i…it’s nothing. Just a trick of my mind.”

“So who are they, Tidus?” Squall asked sarcastically, “Or do you want us to guess…”

Tidus glowered at Squall and them motioned toward Gippal, “This is Gippal and this is Yuna.” He smiled triumphantly at Laguna, “See, she does exist!”

Laguna shrugged, “Still doesn’t mean I believe this whole ‘dream’ nonsense.” He said in reply before motioning down at the prone Rikku, “I think we should do something about her.”

Nodding his ascension, Rikku was gently lifted into the air and held carefully in Laguna’s arms as the group made their way back to the top of Bevelle Temple. Yuna gripped Tidus’ hand tightly as if trying to make sure he was still there as she leaned in to whisper, “Everybody is going to be so thrilled to see you! We’ve got to go to Besaid!”

The trip back to Besaid took longer than anyone had expected. Rikku lay with her head on Paine’s lap as the gray haired woman dabbed her forehead with a damp cloth. Gippal knelt down beside her and gently played with a stray strand of hair until he caught Paine’s glare, “What are you doing?” she hissed.

“I…I was just…”

“Don’t you think you’ve done enough?” she spat at him, catching the attention of everyone on the ship.

Tidus looked at them, “What did he do?” he asked. Tidus didn’t notice the pained and desperate Yuna shot her friend, nor did he see her silently mouthing ‘no’ toward her.

“It’s nothing.” Paine said to him, “Just something between Gippal and me.”

Tidus was placated with that explanation and the rest of the trip back to Besaid was silent. Tidus wrapped an arm around Yuna’s shoulder and didn’t want to let her go. Although he was back from the dead again, he couldn’t fight this feeling creeping up his spine that he wasn’t out of the woods just yet. His gaze wandered from Rikku over to the corner where Rinoa was standing silently with Squall and he frowned, casting a covert glance to Yuna before focusing back on his hands. Yuna was going to say something about Rinoa. Did she recognize her from Seymour’s group too or was it something else?

He’d have to ask her later.

Rikku’s sudden squirming brought attention of the entire ship settling down upon the Al Bhed – except Buddy who was busy piloting. Reluctantly unwrapping Yuna from his arms, Tidus crossed the room, knelt and nudged Rikku gently, “Rikku…?” he whispered, “You awake?”

Bloodshot eyes with a faraway glaze over them shot open at that second and shocked Tidus back to his butt on the ground. The girl took several deep breaths and then rubbed her eyes gently. The redness and glaze vanished almost instantly and Tidus wondered if he had imagined it, but upon closer inspection he saw that the red was still there, just not as obvious.

“Are you okay?” Gippal blurted, rushing closer to Rikku and staring into her eyes.

She looked at him blankly for a moment as if trying to place where she knew him. Her eyes traveled his length and then focused one by one on everyone surrounding her. They boldly grazed Squall before she turned back to Gippal and smiled, “I’m just fine.”

Nobody was happier that Tidus was back than Yuna, although Wakka gave her a run for her money when he squeezed the newly returned so tightly that Tidus turned various shades of blue. She watched him as he interacted with the residents of Besaid and the people who had come from miles around just to see if the rumor they had heard was true and she didn’t bother trying to hide her love and admiration for him. She heard him recanting his adventures as he introduced his uncle and the other teens to each and every person one at a time.

She was so happy…

The only thing that marred that happiness was the memory of Rikku’s face earlier in the day. Her cousin had been furious and hurt and it had been all Yuna’s fault. Even though she had blamed Gippal, she knew in her heart that the blame was hers and hers alone. Rikku wasn’t acknowledging Yuna or Gippal. In fact, her normally outgoing and rambunctious cousin was sitting alone off to the side of the party watching Squall and Rinoa covertly.

“Hey beautiful…” came Tidus’ whisper in her ear. She hadn’t noticed that he had snuck away from his group of followers and she smiled broadly as she turned to face his handsome countenance.

“Hey yourself.” She said, letting herself become wrapped in the strong embrace of his arms.

Tidus kissed her lips tenderly and began to pull her toward him as he backed off slightly. He took several more steps, leading her with him until she noticed the half leering grin he was giving her and she blushed, “Just what are you thinking?” she asked, knowing full well what was on his mind.

“I was thinking…” he said in a hushed whisper as he pulled her close to him and whispered in her ear, “…that maybe we could have some private time on the Celsius while everybody is out here getting drunk…”

Yuna stifled a giggle of glee as she nodded and let Tidus lead her quietly up into the abandoned ship that was parked several yards away from the party. The ship was incredibly quiet as they wandered up the stairs that lead from the bridge to the elevator leading to the crew’s quarters. She felt Tidus’ hand snaking around her waist and she twisted out of his grip, giving him a mock look of shock, “Felt up in public! The audacity!” she said with feigned appall.

Tidus grinned at her and elbowed the button to open the elevator while his hands slipped around her and swept her rear possessively, “I intend to feel you up in public and in private for many years to come…” he said. The dinging of the bell indicated the opening of the elevator doors and the young couple entered. Tidus pulled her to him and whispered hoarsely, "Yuna,” as his hands cupped her face, kissing her passionately.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and hitched her legs around his hips as he slammed her back against the wall of the elevator. His fingers fumbled at the fabric of her half-skirt, finally letting it fall to the ground as the doors opened again.

Without breaking contact, he half carried; half pushed her down the hall toward the crew’s quarters with his lips touching her skin at every opportunity. They stopped as Yuna’s back made contact with the door that kept them separate from the bed. She pressed her lips to his roughly, tongues dueling with passion as Yuna reached behind her and forced the door open.

With great gusto, Tidus rushed forward. Yuna tightened her legs around his waist as he made his way up the stairs, never letting his lips leave hers. Tidus tightened his grip on her before setting her on her feet at the edge of the nearest bed.

Tidus smiled at her, “I love you…” he whispered.

“I love you too…” she replied as she let him lower her to the bed.

It was dark when Tidus awoke. He smiled when he saw Yuna still sleeping soundly next to him with a small trace of a grin on her beautiful face. He sighed quietly. He was really thirsty. Slipping his naked body out from the sheets, he felt around in the dark for his boxers before padding quietly down the stairs. He had taken note that no one had joined them in the crew’s quarters for the night.

They must have known they wanted to be alone…

Slipping quietly out of the room and closing the door silently behind him, Tidus made his way toward the tiny kitchen that was sheltered in an out of the way room just south of the crew’s quarters. It was no larger than Wakka and Lulu’s hut but it served the purpose well. The light that illuminated from the open refrigerator did enough to tell Tidus that there was someone else in the kitchen and judging from the long blonde hair that cascaded down the person’s back, he was willing to guess it was Rikku.

“You thirsty too?” he asked.

Rikku stood up straight, obviously startled by his presence but she quickly smiled at him, “Have a good reunion with Yuna?”

Tidus was glad it was dark or else Rikku would have seen him blush, “Yes…”

“Good…” Rikku said and there was something in her voice that made Tidus shiver slightly. The girl walked away from the open fridge for a moment and reached for a glass. Tidus couldn’t help but watch her with barely concealed awe. There was something different about the way she was carrying herself. She seemed more…

Mature.

“So I suppose you and she had a long talk about what happened.” Said Rikku suddenly.

Tidus cocked an eyebrow, “About what?”

Rikku turned to him slowly and a sly grin was on her features but at his shocked look, she quickly erased it and took a step closer to him in the darkened room, “So you didn’t talk about it…?”

“Talk about what?” he asked, instantly regretting that he had. There was something in Rikku’s demeanor that was making him uncomfortable. Her hand was a little too familiar upon his knee, her face just a tad too close to his own.

“I think it’s time you know…”

“Know what?”

Rikku leaned in so that her lips gently caressed his ear as she spoke, “I think it’s time you know what Yuna was doing while you were gone…”

~_~_~_~_

OOOOOH SNAP! RIKKU GONNA TELL! OOOO *tapes rikku's mouth shut* SHUTUP BLONDEY! DONT WRECK YUNA AND TIDUS'S LOVE LIFE! :p (eating pizza. pizza=me hyper!)

FlyingTomato1

O.O!!!!!*Traps rikku in a closet*
=D that takes care of that!
*Looks in closet*
Hey were did she go!?
......>.>
Thankeis Mag ^-^!You great friends too!!!Maybe one of the best friends i've ever had =D!Did you see my kung fu pengy?=D

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
Me: NOOOO!!!! I didn't post for a chapter! T_T
Gem:.... Rikku's turned matureish evilish..O-o
Nanala: Thank you for posting chapters!!!
Thea:... Awsome chapters by the way.
Me: I always did love what Ultimecia said at the end, I tryed to write the notes! lol

redharry123

a wanderer
Rikku told Tidus at the end of the last chapter and now he knows and this chapter is about his reaction to it. in other words...DRAMA DRAMA DDDRRRAAAMMMAAA!

SILVER WINGS 3: Back Into My Arms

Chapter Fifteen: This May Be Our Last Chance

The bed was cold beside her when Yuna woke early the next morning. The sheets were still turned down and his pillow was dented but Tidus wasn't there. Slipping from the bed and gathering up the clothes that had been thrown haphazardly about the floor, Yuna grabbed a fresh outfit from the dresser. From the window she saw that Besaid was already active with people going to and fro amidst their every day lives.

Her eyes caught his silhouette standing to the side of the temple, staring off into the distance. She smiled and slipped a pair of sandals onto her feet as she made her way out of the crew's quarters.

Rikku's back was the first thing she saw as she entered the bridge. Her cousin was staring out toward Tidus too and as Yuna approached, she turned with a wicked grin upon her face, "Sleep well?"

"Yes…" Yuna replied, wearily, taking a few more steps toward her cousin, "Are we…okay?"

Rikku's eyes stared into Yuna's and she replied with an eerie calm, "I think you should be wondering if you and Tidus are okay."

Yuna's eyes widened and she gasped, "You didn't!"

"I did…"

Yuna's eyes traveled between Tidus' silhouette and Rikku's menacing smile before she took off in a run down the plank and onto the path that led down the center of Besaid. Rikku just couldn't have told Tidus. Her cousin wasn't so malicious. Rikku had to have been making Yuna think she had told him just to scare her.

Right…?

She could almost see the tension in Tidus' back as she approached with a feigned casualness about her. Wakka and Lulu were outside with Vidina. Brother, Buddy, and Gippal were talking to Shinra through the commsphere. Things seemed to be normal.

Except for that tension…

"Oac, ra'c pylg" Buddy said.

Gippal nodded, "Ech'd ed knayd?!"

"Cdibet, Tidus." Brother grumbled, curling his legs beneath him.

Her sandals slapped at her heels as she approached Tidus. The sun was reflecting off of his blonde hair and she would have thought he looked incredibly handsome had it not been for the fact that her stomach was coiling inside of her. Taking the few more steps it took to clear the distance between them, Yuna plastered a smile on her face, "Good morning, handsome." She said as she reached out to touch his shoulder.

Tidus twisted out of her reach before she made contact. He glared at her from over his shoulder and hissed, "Don't touch me."

Yuna felt sure that her stomach was officially in her toes. He knew. He knew everything and she needed to make him understand. Taking a breath, she whispered, "So, I guess you talked to Rikku."

Tidus turned his back to her and stared out into the sky, "You should have told me."

"I was going to…"

He shook his head at nothing in particular, "No you weren't. Don't lie to me."

"You're right," she admitted, "I wasn't going to…at least not yet."

He growled low in his throat and turned to face her suddenly. It was in that instant that she saw the anger and pain that was welling up deep inside of himself, "So when were you going to tell me, Yuna? On our golden anniversary?!"

"Can we please go and talk about this privately?" Yuna begged in a hushed voice. Besaid residents were becoming drawn to the obvious argument that she and Tidus were having and she didn't want to air their problems in public, especially with Gippal just yards away.

"Privately?!" Tidus shrieked, "So now you want to be in private! Privacy was the last thing on your mind yesterday apparently!"

She heard footsteps closing in on them and she felt her heart start to pound in her chest. Yuna took a step to him and he took a step back, "Tidus…please…"

Tidus sneered at her and then motioned behind her, "Here comes loverboy to the rescue." He said sarcastically.

"Hey, you guys okay?" Gippal asked as he stopped a few feet to the side of Yuna, "We heard yelling."

"Yeah," Tidus said, glaring into Yuna's eyes, "We're done here."

He made a move to swerve around her but Yuna was quicker and grabbed his bicep, holding on for dear life. Tears started streaming down her cheeks as she begged, "Please, will you let me explain?!"

He wrenched his arm away from her, "Explain what?! Explain that you and…" he motioned toward Gippal, "…Mr. Wonderful here got busy while I was gone?!"

The Dream Zanarkand group started to make their way towards them now, each with a different look upon their faces. Laguna's was of concern. Squall's and Seifer's were of indifference. Irvine's and Zell's were of interest. Quistis, Selphie, Rinoa, and Ellone's were of sadness. Yuna barely noticed, though, as the tears blinded her to anything but Tidus. She heard Gippal gulp as he backed off, "Um…I'll just be…going now…"

"Is everything okay over here, Tidus?"

Tidus nodded at his uncle, "Yeah, Laguna. Yuna and I were just finishing up."

"Tidus…" she squeaked out.

"There's nothing else to say, Yuna." Tidus murmured sadly, "I trusted you and you broke that trust. First with Shuyin and now with Gippal. Makes me wonder what you were doing with Seymour…"

"That's not fair!" Yuna cried, "I didn't know it wasn't you with Shuyin! And…Seymour?! You think that I….!" her mouth gaped open in shock as she hissed, "You know that isn't possible considering that Macalania was after the Seymour thing."

Tidus shrugged, "I don't know anything anymore."

"You know that I love you."

"Do I?" Tidus asked, "Do I really?! I don't know about that. If you really loved me then you wouldn't have picked the one place that should have reminded you of me to mess around with your cousin's boyfriend!" He stomped his foot like a naughty toddler, "I mean, damn it Yuna! You cheated on me in Zanarkand!! Zanarkand!! Why not just **** him in Macalania and get it over with?!"

"I didn't cheat on you!"

"Then how do you put it?! Were you honoring my memory by putting your hand down Gippal's pants?!"

Gippal bit his lip and took a step closer, "Listen…I think that I should…"

"Shut the **** up!" Tidus shrieked, "I don't give a flying **** what you think! Stay out of this! You've done enough!"

"Don't talk to him like that!" shouted Yuna, suddenly furious for no reason other than the fact that Tidus was furious. She raised her arms akimbo, "We didn't do anything wrong! You were dead! What did you expect me to do?! Did you want me to be a nun?!"

"You could have at least waited until I was cold!" raged Tidus, "I mean, not only wasn't I dead for a week but you screwed with your cousin's boyfriend!"

"He's not her boyfriend!"

"Close enough!"

"Guys! Guys! Calm down, ya!" Wakka cried, trying to calm the fires that threatened to consume the young couple.

Piercing blue and green eyes focused on him as the duo screamed, "Stay out of this Wakka!"

"Don't yell at him!" Tidus screamed at her, waving his arms around maniacally, "He didn't do anything wrong!"

"Neither did I!"

Tidus sneered, "Oh, sorry…here I was thinking cheating was wrong!"

"I didn't cheat on you!" Yuna shrieked, now completely oblivious to the crowd they were forming, "I thought you were dead! We both thought you were dead!"

"And you didn't wait until I was cold in the ground first?!"

Yuna glowered at him, "This isn't about you, Tidus. This has nothing to do with you. You have no right to be angry with me. This is between Rikku, me, and Gippal. You have no right to be angry with me."

"Oh really?! I have no right to be angry with you?" he asked, fury seeping off of every word he uttered. He glared at her and spat, "So I have no right to be angry that my girlfriend turned out to be a slut?!"

Her hand, after seeming to grow a mind of its own, flew up from her side and connected with his face with a deafening smack. Silence followed as Yuna dropped her hand to her side, panic rising up in her chest. She stammered, "I…I…I'm…"

"Save it." Tidus spat back at her, rubbing his cheek with one hand and pointing furiously at her with the other, "I don't want to hear any of your shit. You cheat on me, and they you hit me?!" He scoffed at her, "I don't even want to look at you anymore."

And Yuna watched dejectedly as Tidus stormed away from her.

AL BHED TRANSLATION

Oac, ra'c pylg: Yes, he's back

Ech'd ed knayd: Isn't it great?!

Cdibet: Stupid

Noezel7

oh no:( i don't know who to feel worse for, tidus or yuna. poor tidus was only trying to get back to yuna and finds out that yuna almost slept with gippal. yet yuna was feeling lonely and gippal was the closest thing to tidus she could have. please red, don't make them break up!!!

redharry123

a wanderer
they kind of are broken up but no worries ^_^ it wont last for the whole fic. we all know how cute they are together. TOO MUCH CUTENESS!

Chapter Sixteen: Descent Into Nothingness

Gippal didn’t know what he was doing. All he knew was that he was possessed by a desire to set things right between Tidus and Yuna so he now found himself walking quietly up to Tidus on the shores of Besaid beach.

The water lapped gently at the sands and Gippal barely came within feet of Tidus when the blitzball player asked, “Are you here to try and get me to forgive and forget?”

Gippal shrugged, “I just want to try and make you understand.”

“There’s nothing to understand,” Tidus replied, turning to half face Gippal in the sunlight, “It seems pretty cut and dry to me.”

“That’s not true.”

“How do you figure that?”

The taller blonde took a few steps further and stood next to Tidus with a few feet separating them. Both stared off at the lapping ocean waters before Gippal responded, “She didn’t consciously cheat on you and that’s the one thing you have to understand. I kissed her. She was upset and I took advantage of that. If you should be mad at anybody, it should be me.”

Tidus chuckled, “Trust me, I am pissed at you.” He stated firmly, “but you didn’t force Yuna to kiss you back, or…you know…do that other stuff.”

“True…” Gippal conceded, “but Yuna loves you and you know that. It never would have happened if she had thought you were still alive.”

“Honestly, Gippal, this whole incident is just one in a line of incidents that…” he sighed, “…I just don’t think I can trust her anymore.”

“Are you talking about Shuyin?”

Tidus nodded, “Shuyin…Seymour…you…” he groaned and ran a hand through his hair, “Every guy that I know has spent more time with her than me! I mean, hell, I’m even jealous of Kimahri!”

“She hasn’t done anything with Kimahri! I can promise you that!”

Tidus burst into hysterical laughter at that thought, “Oh…oh…oh…I know that! Trust me!”

“Good…”

A calm settled between them as they continued to stare into the ocean. Gippal didn’t know what else to say. When he had kissed Yuna, he hadn’t considered the fact that Tidus might come back from the dead again. All he had thought was that Rikku was furious with him for reasons still unknown and that Yuna was crying and needed to be comforted.

“You know what bothers me the most about it?” Tidus asked out of the blue.

“What?”

He took a ragged breath and whispered, “With Seymour, Yuna did what she had to do for Spira and we weren’t involved so I had no real right to be jealous at all. I mean, besides, she didn’t even do anything with Seymour besides kiss him. With Shuyin, she thought it was me…” he stopped and Gippal saw a tear drip from his eye before he said, “With you…she knew it wasn’t me and she did it anyway.”

Gippal was silent. What was he supposed to say to that? He agreed with Yuna that Tidus didn’t have a right to be angry, but for the first time he was seeing that the man wasn’t angry…

He was hurt.

“I didn’t sleep with her.” Stated Gippal, hoping to assuage Tidus’ belief of that.

The blitzer nodded, “I know that.” He replied, “But you would have had Rikku not interrupted. Am I right?”

Gippal was quiet, biting his lip and turning away from Tidus, ashamed of his answer.

“I thought so.” Tidus said, nodding.

Footsteps echoed from behind them and both turned to face the intruder. Yuna’s hair shimmered in the sun but her eyes were puffy and red from the stream of tears that had run since her argument with Tidus. Gippal took a step away from the duo to give them space but Tidus shook his head, “Don’t bother Gippal. I have nothing to say to her.”

“Tidus…” Yuna squeaked.

The blitzer frowned, his lower lip quivering as if he, himself, was going to cry as well, “I don’t know you anymore, Yuna. I don’t think I ever did.” And with a nod in Gippal’s direction, he walked off back toward Besaid town.

After another argument with Yuna about how he had messed up her life, Gippal meandered back to the Celsius with the intention of taking a long, hot shower – after, of course, locking the door.

This had been, by far, the worst few days of his life – except when Baralai had been murdered and he’d been framed for it – and Gippal just wanted things to go back to normal. Unfortunately, normal seemed to be a thing of the past. With Rikku acting so strangely, and Tidus’ dream Zanarkand friends wandering around Spira things were bound to get much more strange.

With a grunt, Gippal shoved the door to the crew’s quarters open and let it slam behind him. Making his way up the stairs, he pulled his shirt over his head and let it drop in a pile on the floor. He stripped out of the rest of his clothes as he walked into the bathroom and as soon as the hot water connected with his bare skin, he felt himself relax. Hot showers always had a way of calming him even when it felt like the entire world was going to shit around him.

He stood under the spray for several long moments until he heard something from the crew’s quarters. The last thing he wanted was for Yuna to walk in on him again, so he quickly turned the spray off and wrapped a towel firmly about his waist to investigate the sound.

Cracking the door slightly, he poked his nose out, “Yuna? I just got out of the shower! Do not look!”

No answer…

“Is there anybody there?”

No answer…

Intrigued and just as confused, Gippal opened the door a little more and took a step out, startled by the sudden feeling of cool air against his still damp skin. Glancing down over the railing that looked over Barkeep’s area, Gippal called out again, “Anybody in here?”

No answer…

Shrugging to himself, Gippal made a move to turn back into the bathroom when his foot caught on something on the ground. He looked down at what his toes had wrapped themselves around and gasped.

A bra…

That certainly hadn’t been there before!

His eyes traveled further along the floor where they caught on a pair of panties and shorts, all leading to one of the beds along the far wall. His eyes flickered upward and stopped in shock on Rikku, laying on the bed provocatively with a grin on her face, “I was wondering when you’d notice me.” She said.

“R…R…Rik…ku?” Gippal stammered, unconsciously pulling the towel tighter around his waist.

Rikku rose from the bed and sauntered toward him as if completely unaware of her lack of clothes, “Good to see you too, lover.”

Gippal tried to focus on anything else besides Rikku but felt his body beginning to betray him as she came closer to him. He could feel her breath against his chest as her hands trailed along the muscular ridges of his torso. He straightened his back and took a deep breath, “W…what are you d…doing?” he stammered, still unable to completely make himself at ease.

“I’m really sorry about what a bitch I’ve been.” She replied with a smirk, “I’m here to make it up to you.”

“H…how?”

She grinned and, with a snap of her wrist, pulled the towel from his grasp and flung it across the room. His eyes widened in surprise and he backed away from her only to find himself pinned against the wall by her body as her mouth attacked his own. This wasn’t the Rikku he had grown up with. His Rikku never would have done something like this. He wanted to stop her, but his mind was losing to his body as she trailed her hands down…down…

Down….

A daze descended upon him and all he heard was Rikku’s lilting giggle as she whispered, “My, my, my. It’s been a long time since you’ve been with a girl, hasn’t it Gippal?”

Red suffused his face as he darted away from her and grabbed the towel from the floor, replacing it around his waist. He backed away from her approach until his back was bracing him against the railing of the stairs.

“I suppose Plan A is out the window for a while.” She said with a smile as she began to gather her clothes from the floor. Gippal watched with barely concealed confusion as she began to dress again, stopping only a few times to make sure his towel was still secure.

“Plan A?” he managed.

Rikku nodded, “Yes, lover. Plan A was to seduce you and then after you fell asleep, I was going to clunk Yuna over the head and stick her in bed with you.” She shrugged and stepped closer to him, “Unfortunately, I don’t have time to waste. So my only option is to go with Plan B…a decidedly less attractive option for you admittedly, but I have no other choice.”

Gippal swallowed hard and swerved to his right and took a step backward down the stairs, “You’re not Rikku…” he whispered.

“Very good, lover.” The woman wearing Rikku’s skin replied.

“What do you want?”

The fake Rikku leaned in closer to him, “I need to weaken Tidus’ psyche.”

Gippal stared at her, “His what?”

“His psyche.” Replied the woman, “His mind. His awareness, if you will.”

“Why?”

“Well, that’s for me to know and you to find out, isn’t it Gippal?” she replied with a smile, “But now, I’m afraid it’s time for Plan B.” She took another step toward him as Gippal took another step down the stairs.

“What is Plan B?” he asked, trying to summon up all of his courage but failing miserably.

She smiled, “Well, I’ll be happy to show you.” And with a quick movement, she pushed hard against Gippal’s chest until she felt his feet slipping from the stairs of his precarious perch. Gippal realized he was falling and tried desperately to stop it, but couldn’t. His head smacked against the stairs a few feet down but he didn’t stop. Instead, his feet went up over his head and he flipped down and then back over finally landing hard on his back at the base of the stairs.

He saw her approaching him, but the pain beating down upon him was more than he could bear and he couldn’t focus on her. She came closer, straddling him and squatting down so that she was right in his face as she whispered, “Plan B has a part two as well. Except this doesn’t involve Yuna naked next to you.” She grinned broadly and hissed, “See, I have all of Rikku’s memories and thoughts and an interesting detail came to my attention as I was planning my next move.”

“W...w…wh…at?” Gippal gurgled, blood forming in his mouth and beginning to block off his oxygen supply.

“See…you were such a tough guy when they accussed you of attacking Baralai.” The female grinned menacingly, “Do you think Tidus will be just as tough or do you think he’ll just cave in immediately and give me what I want?” with a concescending pat on Gippal’s head, she rose and stepped away from him, “I guess we’ll just have to see, won’t we?”

She rose from her perch over him and meandered toward Barkeep’s bar, pulling a wine bottle from behind the counter and coming back over to him. Popping the cork, she chugged down for several moments before tipping it and dumping the rest down upon Gippal’s face and neck, laughing as he coughed and spat up blood and wine, “What’s the matter, Gippal? Don’t like that?”

Gippal glared at her as the last drop of wine landed on his nose, “Wh…wh…why?”

“You helped me of your own free will when you kissed Yuna. That caused the break between Tidus and Yuna, but I need to ensure that it will remain there. I think Yuna would be able to tell that something is different with her lover – especially the second time around.”

Gippal stared at her wide-eyed, “S…Sh…Shu…”

Nodding her answer, she shrugged and gripped the nose of the bottle hard in her right hand, squatting down next to him again, “I told you Plan B wasn’t a more attractive option for you, but you just had to go and ruin Plan A so quickly.” She shrugged and lifted the bottle high above his head, “Just hope that you die quickly, Gippal, because if you wake up and spill what I just told you then I’ll make you wish you had never been born.”

And darkness covered over him as the bottle connected with his skull and shattered around him…
~_~_~_~_
wow...Gippal is having a rough time. Poor Gippal u__u

Noezel7

this story just keeps getting more complicated.
*noezel holds her head as she tries to process what happened*
Yet i think that's why i like this story so much!!:D

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
o_O okay must understand what is going on, complication has reached its peek.... *stares into computer screen drooling...* EUREKA!! I understand!

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
Me:...O.O I thought... The real Rinoah that's one thousand years old was to go in Rikku...o.o
Gem: The confuyness..O_O
Nanala:...*thinks for a moment trying to find the answer* Wow, Shuyin is very twisted now, I thought that he became untwisted in the last one, Silver Wings: 1000 confessions O_O He's a maniac!=^_^=
Thea:... >.> That still doesn't answer the questiong..>.>
Nanala:*pouts*
Me: Anyway, awsome update! Poor Gippal though! First Baralia then Gippal..T_T And he doesn't even feel guilty this time round!! ( NNOOOO! I didn't post for another chapter again!T)_T*cries*))

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
You know what Shuyin is like? He's like a nasty bloodstain that wont come off a white shirt, no matter how much you scrub he's still coming back for more!

KH_Fan_4_eva

The first part of the story made me cry:( ,and the second part made me feel a little :eek: <<<Like that

redharry123

a wanderer
lol you guys are FuNnY! *looks at watch*...5...4...3...2....1! CHAPTER TIME!

The title of this chapter means "Children of the Fate" and it's from a Latin chant that is featured in Final Fantasy 8. I have the full translation of the entire chant below.

SILVER WINGS 3: Back Into My Arms

Chapter Seventeen: Liberi Fatali

"Tidus!" Yuna called after him as he tried desperately to get as far away from her as Besaid would allow. It was a problem, however, that she grew up there and knew everything there was to know about the island. This left him with very few places to hide.

"Leave me alone!" he shouted over his shoulder as he made a beeline for Wakka and Lulu's hut. He knew that Wakka would give him the solitude that he needed.

She didn't listen to him, though, as he heard her footsteps continue to echo behind him even as he made a dash through the door of the hut. Wakka opened his mouth to speak to Tidus when he saw Yuna stride through after him, tears still streaming down her face. Lulu looked at Wakka pleadingly so her husband rose and walked over to the duo. Tidus had his arms crossed and his back to Yuna. Yuna was crying quietly and wordlessly pleading for him to speak to her. The tall, red-haired man touched shoulders on both of them, "We need to talk, ya."

Tidus gritted his teeth, "There's nothing to talk about."

"Oh, but there is, ya." Wakka said, gripping Tidus' wrist and pulling the man to the sofa and forcing him to sit and then doing the same with Yuna until the young couple was seated directly across from him, Lulu, and little Vidina who was napping peacefully in his mother's arms.

"This is ridiculous…" Tidus muttered, scooting away from Yuna on the sofa.

Wakka rolled his eyes, "No, what is ridiculous is the way you been acting, ya!" he motioned to Yuna, "You love this girl and she did somethin' stupid, but that don't mean that you got the right to be angry with her, ya!"

"She cheated on me and then she hit me Wakka!"

Wakka grimaced at Yuna, "Yeah, that was pretty stupid, Yu…" he said, but turned his attentions to Tidus again, "However, that don't change the fact that you love her and she loves you and you don't purposely hurt the people you love."

Tidus sneered, "Yeah, I'm sure her hand just accidentally went into Gippal's pants."

"I told you that I thought you were dead!" Yuna cried.

"Like that's supposed to forgive it?!"

"It should!"

"Both of you be quiet!" Lulu shrieked suddenly in a high pitched cry that awakened Vidina and shut up the quarreling duo. She rose to her feet and crossed the room to place Vidina in his basket before turning back to them, "The entire time I saw you two falling in love on the pilgrimage, I was against it because I knew that one day you'd be at each others throats." She shrugged, "Of course, I figured it'd be Tidus doing the cheating, but in the end I suppose it doesn't matter."

"Why would you think I would…?"

"Did I say you could speak?" Lulu asked, her arms akimbo as she glared at him menacingly. Tidus shook his head in silence and Lulu nodded, "That's better." The darkly beautiful black mage sat down next to her husband again. She propped her arms onto her knees and cradled her head in her hands as she gazed at the couple before her, "Yuna was wrong. She was wrong to be with Gippal and she was wrong to hit you. However, Tidus, she didn't cheat on you. She thought you were dead, therefore her being with Gippal has nothing to do with you. Its between her, Rikku, and Gippal. As for the hitting part…you shouldn't have called her a slut."

"Oh…so it's all my fault." Tidus asked, sarcastically, standing and making his way toward the door, "Thanks for enlightening me, Lulu."

"Did I say you could leave?" Lulu asked.

Tidus shook his head, "No, and frankly I don't care. I just want to be alone." He stared pointedly at Yuna, "And tell your little boyfriend that this applies to him too. I may have made nice with him earlier, but it ends now. The next time he crosses my path, he's dead meat."

"I took care of thing with Gippal…" Yuna said to him but Tidus just scoffed and made his way to the door.

"We heard shouting. Are you okay?" Squall asked as Tidus stormed out of Wakka's hut, letting the door slam behind him. The blitzball player barely noticed the SeeD commander was there until he slammed into him with his shoulder while trying to make a left turn.

"Sorry…" Tidus muttered to the brunette as he continued on his path. He thought he heard Squall call after him, but Tidus didn't hear what he had said. His mind was too full of thoughts to comprehend anything else.

Tidus continued along the rocky path that led back to the beach, passing Besaid residents and 'dream world' visitors left and right until he reached the waterfall and stopped. The water beat down upon the rocks below and Tidus stood, staring at it as if mesmerized by it.

How could things have gone so wrong?

When he came back to Yuna and Spira things were supposed to be happily ever after. They had so many plans for their future together. What happened?

Tidus glared at nothing at all.

Shuyin had happened.

Tidus' hands were covered with the blood that Shuyin had spilt. Shuyin had used his body to kill Baralai and Tidus had to live with the fact that the last thing Baralai saw in this world was his eyes staring, his mouth smiling as he died. Shuyin had wreaked havoc on Tidus' relationship with Yuna and Gippal had continued the trend with such finesse that Tidus wasn't sure he and Yuna could bridge the gap that had formed between them.

Tidus continued along the rocky path letting the waterfall be a distant reminder at his back until he could no longer hear the water rushing to the earth below. Two blond heads were seen in the distance and as Tidus got closer he recognized Quistis Trepe and Seifer Almasy standing with their backs to him engrossed in a conversation. Quistis saw him first and smiled at him, "Hello, Tidus."

Tidus nodded at her and then at Seifer who turned to see who Quistis was speaking to. His green eyes connected with Tidus' blue ones and Tidus saw then how similar both were. Both of them knew what it was like to be forced to do things against their wills by forces more powerful than themselves.

"Still fighting with your chick?" Seifer asked with a tone in his voice that sounded more like he felt he had to ask rather than being actually interested in Tidus' answer.

Tidus shook his head, "I don't want to talk about it."

"We understand," replied Quistis who then glanced pointedly at Seifer, "And women are not chicks."

Seifer shrugged, "Whatever you say, Instructor..." replied the man as he turned his back to her again. Quistis appeared ready to speak to him again when Seifer suddenly dropped to his knees, clutching his head and letting out high pitched shrieks of pain.

"Seifer!" Quistis squealed, dropping down next to him. Tidus was there in a second as well and both tried to calm Seifer who seemed on the verge of hyperventilation.

"Calm down, Seifer!" commanded Tidus.

The blonde rocked back and forth on his knees, squeezing his head like a vice and whispering barely audible words under his breath. Quistis ordered Tidus to stay with Seifer while she ran for help. Tidus nodded in agreement and continued to try and calm the man but to no avail. He simply kept whispering to himself. Leaning in closer, Tidus strained to hear with Seifer was saying…

"Fithos…lusec…wecos…vinosec…"

"What…?"

"Fithos…lusec…wecos…vinosec…" repeated Seifer, the words like a mantra as he stared blankly out in front of him. His green eyes seemed to look right through Tidus as if he wasn't even there.

"Seifer…?"

"Fithos…lusec…wecos…vinosec…"

"Come to me, little one…"

Tidus's head perked up at the familiar voice that echoed in his ears. Seifer had quieted and was no longer whispering to himself, though he still stared blankly forward.

"Come to me…"

Tidus turned to face the Celsius that was just barely visible over the tree tops. For some reason he knew the voice was coming from there. But why did it seem so familiar? Did he know the person this voice belonged to?

"Yes…" The voice in his head answered.

Tidus thought his heart had stopped. Whoever this voice belonged to, they could read his thoughts. The only person able to do that was…

But no…this voice was feminine. It couldn't be Shuyin.

Then who was it?

"Come to me…"
the voice repeated and Tidus found himself unable to resist any longer. Suddenly forgetting that he had promised to stay with Seifer, he started to cross the distance between himself and the Celsius. He could have stopped if he wanted to. It was this fact that made him realize that Shuyin was not controlling him. This person was giving him the will to choose but was making the temptation to go to the Celsius so great that Tidus found himself uninterested in resisting.

He wanted to go.

As soon as he stepped on board the ship, the doors and windows closed, barring his exit. His hand went to his sword holster only to discover that he didn't have it with him. Then again…why would he? He'd lost it somewhere.

He swallowed hard, suddenly realizing that he was in an abandoned ship, unarmed, with a strange voice calling to him and beckoning him to come closer.

And closer he went…

Keeping his eyes open for sudden dangers, Tidus made his way to the back of the bridge and the elevator that was housed there. Without thinking, his fingers pushed for the level of the crew's quarters. Deep inside, he knew that's where he'd find his quarry.

The door to the quarters was cracked open and he saw a shadow move along the far wall as he pushed the door open fully. The first thing he saw was a trail of bloody footsteps all around the room but before his mind could wonder where the blood was coming from, he saw it.

Gippal…

"Shit!" Tidus cried, falling to his knees and crawling over to Gippal as quickly as he could, "Gippal! Wake up!" His hands felt for a pulse and, upon finding a faint one, he began to rip at pieces of his clothing and Gippal's to make bandages. The blood was seeping violently from Gippal's face and head until the man was almost unrecognizable. Every time Tidus would wipe away blood, three times more would appear until he was certain Gippal would bleed to death.

"Now…I might be wrong, but I think this might seem a bit familiar to you…"

Tidus stopped what he was doing and turned to face the intruder. Her blonde hair and striking green eyes gave her away instantly as she sauntered nearer to him in her usual attire, "…Rikku…?"

"You see…Gippal thought that too, until I shoved him down the stairs and beat his brains out with a wine bottle."

Tidus squirmed to Gippal's other side, cradling his bloodied head in his lap as he continued to attempt at stopping the blood. He stared at the girl, "…Not Rikku…"

"Very good…"

"…Ultimecia…?"

Ultimecia nodded, Rikku's hair falling into her eyes as she grinned, "…Excellent…"

Tidus' hands started to shake until he could no longer hold Gippal's head up for fear of dropping it. Gently as he could, he laid it back down on the floor and stood, wiping blood onto his pants absently, "W…what do you want?"

"Doesn't this look familiar to you…?" Ultimecia asked him, taking a step closer, "This is where Baralai died by your hand, isn't it?"

Tidus felt like his insides were caving in and he backed up another step.

"Or maybe the blood reminds you more of Lenne…" Ultimecia suggested, "When she was attacked by Allyn's hired thug?"

Tidus stared at her, "How do you know that? Who are you?"

"I know all and I see all. I am Ultimecia," the woman replied, "but before that, I was a young lady not much younger than Yuna is now. I loved a man with all of my heart and soul and I knew that if I lost him, I'd go insane. And I did lose him. I saw him die before me and it drove me insane."

"What does this have to do with me?!"

"Nothing…" Ultimecia replied, "Nothing at all."

"Then…why…?"

"Yuna was turned back into Lenne. I want to turn my love back into the person he used to be instead of the spineless dream he is now."

Tidus stared at her, unable to speak. She advanced toward him and he retreated until his back was firmly against a wall. She was so close to him that he could feel her breath against his face, "…You need Shuyin…" he replied as the realization hit him.

"Yes…"

"How do you know he'll help you?"

"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse." She replied, "I'll give him back Lenne, if he gives me back Squall."

Tidus's eyes widened, "Squall!"

Ultimecia didn't reply to him. Her hands waved in front of his face as her words echoed in his head as they had before, only this time there were in a language he didn't understand.

Excitate vos e somno, liberi mei
Cunae non sunt
Excitate vos e somno, liberi fatali
Somnus est non.

Tidus tried to escape her, but found that his limbs didn't want to cooperate. He was entranced by her lilting voice in his head and her eyes that dared him to stare into them.

Surgite
Inventite hortum veritatis

In her eyes he saw strange sights. The destruction of Zanarkand – both real and dream. His first kiss with Yuna; her kiss with Gippal. The death of his mother; the death of his father. Baralai's last breath; Gippal drowning in his blood.

Ardente veritate
Urite mala mundi
Ardente veritate
Incendite tenebras mundi

"I'm going to make you crack, little one." Ultimecia whispered to him, waving her hands about his head one final time.

Valete, liberi
Diebus fatalibus

Fithos lusec wecos vinosec

The words that Seifer and Ultimecia say in this chapter is a Latin chant called "Liberi Fatali". The translation is as follows:

Succession of witches

Succession of witches

Succession of witches

Arise from your sleep, my children
Your cradles shall no longer exist
Arise from your sleep, children of Fate
Abandon your cradles

Arise
Discover the garden of Truth

Brilliant truth
Burn the heavens of evil
Burning truth
Set ablaze the heavens of darkness

Prevail, children
Fated day

Succession of witches

Succession of witches

Succession of witches

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
Me:...o.o So she made Gippal believe that she was Shuyin, it makes sence now!=^_^=
Gem: What did happen to Shuyin I wonder O_O
Nanala:.. I thought Ultemicia(Rinoah) wanted to die..
Thea:... I guess not....lol
Me: O.O You scare me at times Thea, anyway, awsome chapter!=^_^=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back