• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should parents be allowed to name their children ANYTHING they want?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SiiNz

With Love
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: Should parents be allowed to name their children ANYTHING they want

Well i think the Celebrities are the worst people to name there Kids.

Like Apple, Who the hell names there Kids Apple.

There are a ton of Celebrities that are so stupid.

Lol. Apple :laugh:

&& They shouldn't be able to name there kids anything. Cuz they might name them something really stupid...

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards

YES!

The parents should be able to call the kids what they want. Legal name changes exist.

Besides the mother had to pop the damn thing out. She should call it whatever she damn well pleases.

Seriously, who would name their kid like this?

Honestly, I can see it being okay to an extent, but at one point, it just becomes insane.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards

I loled at the baby named 4real, but then Superman.

There should kinda be limits on names because of the sheerly bizarre names like Talula Does The HulaFrom Hawaii. That is just plain weird. Plus, kids will be made fun of easily with names like Apple.

T

Tattered Rebirth

I first heard about this on the radio yesterday,

[CLICK HERE] JUDGE CONDEMNS BIZARRE NAMES

Some of the names are quite ridiculous. "Number 16 Bus Shelter" leaves nothing to the imagination about that child's conception....

There was another I heard, where the parents had twins and called them 'Benson' and 'Hedges', which is less bad, but still not quite sane.

Do you think parents have the right to call their child whatever they like? Considering that children can change their name by deed poll when they're old enough.

Or do you think that names ought to be approved before the child has to lead a life of perpetual embarrassment?

D I S C U S S

Names should definitely need an approval. I mean, should there really be a girl out there with the name "Tulula Does The Hula From Hawaii"?!?!? How ridiculous is that! And speaking of odd names, if you guys want a laugh, Click Here

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

not a fan of the name police, but there needs to be something. Nicholas Cage naming his son Kal-El, come on!

or the names in that article, the poor children. Maybe convincing the kid to have an alternate name to go buy?

Just having a number is demeaning, and can you imagine the legal names an 8 year old boy can come up with?

T

Tattered Rebirth

YES!

The parents should be able to call the kids what they want. Legal name changes exist.

Besides the mother had to pop the damn thing out. She should call it whatever she damn well pleases.

...would YOU like it if your name was Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii? Honestly, it comes down to common sense. Do you want the kid to be an anti-social outcast who'll kill themselves before they turn 15? Or do you want the kid to live a good life. You know, settle down, have some kids, LIVE PAST PUBERTY?

And the mom didn't HAVE to do anything. She could have adopted, or gotten an abortion, or a C-section if she damn well felt like it!

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

There should be a law that only allows parents to name their children actual names. :[ Not weird stuff... You can do it with official cat names in cat shows, but doing that sort of thing with children? NO. That's stupid. Call your child an actual name, seriously... You can give them a nickname later; at least they can say whether they hate it or not then.

Chosen Again said:
YES!

Agreed.

There should be a law that only allows parents to name their children actual names. :[ Not weird stuff... You can do it with official cat names in cat shows, but doing that sort of thing with children? NO. That's stupid. Call your child an actual name, seriously... You can give them a nickname later; at least they can say whether they hate it or not then.

Define an actual name? Name's don't have to be civil, they just have to mean something to the parent.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Define an actual name? Name's don't have to be civil, they just have to mean something to the parent.
Actual name as in something like... Kevin or Peter. [though it depends on the country D:] Parents shouldn't go around naming their child inanimate objects or phrases that have something to do with an item. Those as a nickname are one thing, but as an actual name? That's just too weird...

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards

Why not just name all the kids "Kid One", "Kid Two", "Kid Three" according to birth?

That way, nobody is left out. ;D

Actual name as in something like... Kevin or Peter. [though it depends on the country D:] Parents shouldn't go around naming their child inanimate objects or phrases that have something to do with an item. Those as a nickname are one thing, but as an actual name? That's just too weird...

lol; gives you character.

Seriously, I've never heard such names in person myself, if you're not happy with it get it changed. Simple.

On another note; the Mother brings you into this world, the least you could do is accept her chosen name for you.

Inept

Pinned to a wall, listening to how Joker got his s

Well i dunno, its not like when the baby is born he/she is going to name himself/herself ... but parents that name their kids apple or blanket (god i hate the fact that these are names real people gave to their children) are quite ridiculous ... but still its their kid so i guess they can do whatever they want and deal with their son coming home with a bloody nose and black eye or their daughter coming home with lowered self-esteem ... whatever they want ...

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards

I say let the parents name them whatever the hell they want and stop trying to police every damn thing. If my wife and I want to call our kid Circle jerk then we will.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

No. Parents can't be trusted sometimes. There are actual cases of people being named As Shole(take away the space) And Abcde. These people's parents can't be trusted.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down

they should instill fear to their children. that's the only way for kids to conform, especially if done at an early age. like 2.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

i dunno, sometimes, when ppl name their kids they think of them as pets.

A baby is a pet

and a child on up is a "what the f"""" ever, its old and ugly now"

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back